White Lodging Employee Reviews in Chicago, IL

Amazing
FRONT DESK MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILOctober 17, 2018
The amount of time, energy and effort WLS has placed into cultivating a great workplace shows. The amount of people who leave and then return speak volumes to their care for their associates.
Excellent job
Gallery Host (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJuly 18, 2018
i loved working at whitelodging because of the area and also the people you get to meet everyday. The business and he morality of the company is awesome and i will ove to go and owrk back there
Pros
location
Micro Managed Toxic Culture & SHADY Gossip Filled Company
General Manager (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILMay 13, 2018
Overall lack of genuine care!

If you have an opinion of your own and don't agree with company initiatives/White Lodging Corporate Leadership do not express it or you will soon be forced out of your position as they do not want to deal with the reality of the toxic culture White Lodging has created.
Pros
Cons
Shady
Great Ethics
Gallery Host (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILApril 8, 2018
I love the work place. Very nice people and work ethics are satisfying. I worked for the company for a year. I met new people every day and the work place is very challenging do to the fact you have to multitask.
Great people and very professional
Sales Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILDecember 13, 2017
My job currently is to generate several reports on a weekly basis.
Answer all incoming calls and qualifiy leads for the Sales Managers.
Plan small meetings at our campus of 10 hotels.
Would like more interaction, face to face with customers.
Needed more advancement opportunities
Very long commute, but have stayed because my boss and my associates were great to work with.
Looking for a job more suited for advancement.
Pros
nice people
Cons
long commute every day
Educational and Development Oriented
Bench Assistant General Manager (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILMay 30, 2017
White Lodging is very interested in training and developing hourly associates into managers within the organization. They are growing quickly and try to utilize talent within prior to outsourcing.
Great Workplace
Laundry Attendant (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILAugust 9, 2016
Good job but must be dedicated and very hard working and its a plus to be in great shape. You stand on your feet a lot so its great to wear good shoes. Employees are great people and are very friendly and nice.
Pros
Good lunch options
good company of young managers. enjoyed constant customer interaction
Manager (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILAugust 24, 2015
Loved the other managers and supervisors on my level of management. Always willing to give 110%. Upper management was only interested in making money, not the work environment. They were constantly talking about an appropriate work life balance, but got angry when an email wasn't responded to on a day off. Always expected to drop everything and work. I loved being there and working for my staff and for my friends, not the higher ups.
Pros
Free food and coffee, sometime even a hotel room if we worked a close/open
Cons
breaks if possible, upper management delegating when we were so busy and they could do it to help out.
Intense Company with inconsistent focus
Controller (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILMay 17, 2015
The company culture has changed over the years, and this past year has been met with several new policies that limits our ability to "manage." These policies have been met with documents to sign, and it makes working work the company uncomfortable.

The people and my direct managers are great to work with and I have learned a lot. My direct managers have the unfortunate task of enforcing these new policies in which they are in obvious disagreement.
Pros
Benefits, quick promotions, smart and focused co-workers.
Cons
Walking a legal fine line in their hiring practices, company recruiting practices.
Very Very short staffed
Event Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILMarch 17, 2015
Worked for multiple hotels on complexe, short staffed and not organized with events and/or guestroom blocks, staff did not have very good work ethics and managment is very biased.
Pros
Close to home
Cons
Lots of them
Pays well but must deal with a lot of drama
Night Auditor (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILOctober 23, 2014
This place will pay you well but that is only to cover up the fact they dont know what they are doing but like to treat other who are below them as if they are slow. Management is not the easiest to deal with either.
Productive workplace where you will meet a wide range of diverse people
Night Auditor (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILJanuary 14, 2014
A typical while working for white lodging Inc. at the Hyatt hotel for a night auditor is to clock-in, greet guest and notify them about the current events that going on in the area, review all check ins and check outs for the present day, call various hotels in the area to find out what were their rates for the night, check and correct any mistakes that employees may have made that day.

What I learned while working for White Lodging is to communicate for various from different parts of the world and of different ethnic backgrounds. I enjoyed working with my managers because although they firm they provided great advice and leadership to help employee's better ways to fulfill job obligations. Outside of meeting a wide range of diverse people, the most enjoyable part was working with my co-workers. We all helped each other when needed and made sure that each guest had a great experience at the hotel. The hardest part of working for white lodging was handling the rate of work I was given. By the hotel being so short on staff, whatever wasn't done during the day I had to complete that night in addition to my normal job duties
Pros
Communicating with people of different ethnic groups, and discounted lunches
Cons
high work rate, short breaks, short on staff, and payed parking
Long Hours, Great Reward
Midway Hotel Center Event Manager (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILOctober 17, 2013
White Lodging is a rewarding company to work for because they give you an opportunity to advance rapidly. The training is good; however it is primarily hands on learning. They definitely train for the best customer service to be provided. Employees work long hours and take on additional work loads.
Pros
Health care
Stressful Place
Night Auditor (Current Employee) –  chicago, ilAugust 30, 2013
If you keep to yourself and dont mind liars for managers then this is the place for you.
Fun and fast paste, A great Customer service experience
Night Auditor (Current Employee) –  Chicago IlJuly 25, 2013
A typical day at work will be doing my reports and taking care guests. I have learn a lot at white lodging the hospitality business and some accounting. Managers are great always focus on service. My night audit team the best a great team to work. Everything is enjoyable everyday something new.
Pros
great healthcare, benefits
Cons
Not a stable schedule
Management Company
Event Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ilJuly 17, 2013
Whitelodging is a management company for hotels. It currently manages 9 hotels.
White Lodging is a good company to work for. However....
Night Auditor (Current Employee) –  Bedford Park, IL (Chicago)May 26, 2013
My position as Night Auditor is very easygoing. I, pretty much, am my own boss because I am the only one there from 11pm-7am. Most of the time, it is quiet and I am able to get all my work done in a few hours.

I've learned to resolve my own problems. Most issues, guest related, I can take care of. Unless it requires manager assistance, then I let them know I am transferring them over to the managers voicemail, and she will return their call just as soon as she can.

The hardest part of my job.... Staying alert all night.

The most enjoyable part of my job.... Knowing that I made a guest happy with the information that I relayed, or with my great attitude and conversation.
Pros
I work alone.
Cons
I miss my kids, and I work alone!
good pay but not worth the trouble
Houseperson (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILNovember 21, 2012
its the kind of place you work at until you find something better
Pros
discount on rooms
Cons
you have to work