White Lodging Employee Reviews in Houston, TX

Passion workes there
Housekeeping Manager (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXOctober 9, 2018
Whitelodging is a people first company. It's the right place to grow personal and professionally. They give you the tools and training needed to perform your best.
Pros
Career growth, benefits.
Cons
Not located in every city.
Housekeeping/Laundry
Housekeeping Attendant (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJanuary 3, 2018
Great company and co-workers. I would recommend this company, and willing to return. Great management team and immediate supervisors were available as needed.
Great Stepping Stone...
Group Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXOctober 2, 2015
It has been a great opportunity to work with White Lodging's high-performing, results driven culture.

The only thing is that at the end of the day... The numbers are all that matter(That's just my opinion), and not the quality of one's life. I put in a lot of time and even covered other people's roles and received little compensation or consideration.

The White Lodging gives you a great foundation to build your skills upon, but it's been rare in my experience that you get the respect and admiration that you deserve for doing more than what's required of you... It's more expected than admired.

My decision to leave White Lodging was a hard one... But a recent event that I shall keep disclosed has made me look into other opportunities to find a company that will treat me more like a person rather than a number.
Pros
Complimentary Room Opportunities, SKill Building, INspiring Culture
Cons
Little quality of life, Overworking employees, Over-zealous expectations.
Great Company to work for.
Regional Director of Operations (Former Employee) –  HoustonJanuary 8, 2015
Great Company, challenging, accountable and rewarding. Strong culture with great owners to work with. Promotes from within at high level of talent. Great benefits.
Wonderful experience
Operations Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXNovember 7, 2012
I enjoyed working for Whitelodging. I expected my advancement in the company would move more than it did. A typical day started at 7 am where I would run reports, post arrival notes and work on a checklist. The list included, accounts receivable, service recovery, pleasant surprises for our guest, checking and respondng to emails and most importantly, tending to our in house guests every need. I learned how to handel situations that could be difficult, such as having a guest show up and his reservation has been cancellled but we have no room for him now. I ha d had to learn how to think outside the box. Management changed often so it was hard to keep readjusting to the different management styles. I work with the most wonderful people. They all really love what they do and that makes being around the enjoyable.
Review
Promoted as Operation Manager (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJune 6, 2012
White Lodging provides upward mobility based on performance. Although compensation is not best and the company risks loosing seasoned talent, they are excellent at training and developing young talent.