White Lodging Employee Reviews in Indianapolis, IN

Fast Pace
Server (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INFebruary 11, 2019
fast pace on your feet job with decently long hours. Customer service is key and you must be polite and outgoing to get good tips. Management is improving as well as the restraint staff.
Fun culture, very fast-paced
Front Desk Manager (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INSeptember 11, 2018
White Lodging was a fun place to work - the culture was great, the hotel was always busy and I loved the people there. The biggest complaint would be that I feel like White Lodging plays favorites with regard to developing staff. They didn't seem to really have a plan for me personally, which is why I left.
Pros
Travel perks, culture
Cons
Pay, benefits
Amazing work place
Indianapolis Marriott downtown (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJune 1, 2018
I loved working for white lodging they were very welcoming and I love the history or the company the management is amazing and helpful and if I could I would love to work for them again
Excellent management
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INNovember 7, 2017
I loved this job and company. It was a great friendly but professional environment with a lot of opportunities. if I ever move back to the Indianapolis area I would reapply for this company ,
Not For Everyone
Bench Assistant General Manager (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INAugust 10, 2017
White Lodging has a culture where the bottom line and the profit margins mean more than the people. If filling someone else's pocketbook at your own emotional and physical expense appeals to you, then WL is the place for you.
White Lodging Upper Management Has No Clue
Hotel Management-Indianapolis Marriott Downtown (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJune 26, 2017
No job security. Never know when you are going to be outsourced so the company can save money. WLS is a perfect example of when founder passes away and son takes over at the helm but doesn't know how to run a large operation. They say they want to grow and create thousands of new jobs in the company but can't even manage the hotels they have. They also get rid of seasoned experienced workers and replace them with cheaper younger workers to save on the bottom line. White Lodging is a terrible company and I'd think twice before starting a career there because if you do you will not end up there long. The good Managers always end up leaving WLS for stronger and more ethical companies.
Pros
Great Coworkers
Cons
Terrible GM, Always Outsourcing Jobs, No Life Work Balance, False Promises
Decent Company, working to a better culture
Front Desk Manager (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJune 20, 2017
This is a great company to work for if work is your 1st or only priority. This is not a great company to attempt to have a work/life balance due to the industry as well as this company expects everyone to work "lean" meaning you are working with a skeleton crew at almost every location. There is a lot of movement being made at this company to change some of these things, but I'm unsure if the expectation of running lean is going to change.
Pros
Great Compensation for those who perform
Cons
Difficult to have a work life balance due to the industry and company expectation to work "lean"
Great company with plenty of opportunity
Front Desk Lead (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INMay 18, 2017
There are many opportunities to move up in this company. The company provides resources to make to sure you are getting the correct information and training.
Could use some work
Shift Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INDecember 13, 2016
Being a hotel, things are expected to be crazy sometimes. A usual day can be so busy that, depending on your department, you don't have the opportunity to sit down and take a break. You are given zero flexibility when the hotel is busy and expected to devote all your free time to being at the hotel because "you are in the hospitality industry". If you do not, you are typically overlooked for any advancement opportunities and sometimes chastised for not having a team spirit. If you are young and have no family or need the money I would recommend this company. You will not want for hours and have a multitude of overtime opportunities. However, if you have a family or lead a busy personal life then perhaps this is not the job for you. Holidays are "blackout" which means you can not request them off. If a day is busy you are expected to stay as long as necessary. As a single mother, I would not recommend this company to single parents. The most enjoyable part of the job was the people I worked with and saw on a daily basis.
Pros
Great insurance, decent pay
Cons
NO flexibility
Fast paced environment meeting new people
Lead Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INOctober 16, 2016
A typical day is usually pretty fast paced. When working in a hotel, you might expect that. I didn't learn very much in the way of management that I hadn't already learned elsewhere. Some of the managers were great, others only in their positions because of "tenure". The hardest part of the job was knowing that, as an employee, your well being always comes dead last to guests and revenue. The best part was all the wonderful people that you meet whether they be co workers, local guests, national guests, or even international guests.
Pros
great insurance
Cons
vacation approval rates, employee retainment
worst experience I have ever had
Night Auditor (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INMay 5, 2016
Management is horrible at this Job They to not care about guest or employees. the hotel is filthy the guest are never happy they are not organized. it just feels like messy work every time I come in
Pros
free pizza
Cons
every thing else
Sometimes a stressful environment
Night Auditor (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INSeptember 10, 2015
I loved the employees at White Lodging however Management was little to be desired.

I have some of my best friends still working for White Lodging.
Pros
Friendly co-workers
Cons
Management struggles to connect
Great environment and people
Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, IndianaSeptember 2, 2015
I worked for White Lodging services for such a long time and made so many long lasting friends. The work environment was just as amazing as the people. They all became like family.
Pros
free lunch, great people
Cons
long hours for management
Fast Paced Hotel
Senior Event Services Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INSeptember 25, 2013
White Lodging is a fast paced company that promotes from within.
Pros
Great Property
Cons
Horrible Employee Meals
summary
housekeeping supervisor (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJuly 22, 2013
I love this company I see A graet Opportunity to grow..I love being part of it.. I belive And giving 100 per cent every day,and allways Put Our guests first After all Our guests are the reazon we are here
Where everyone in your department whispers about you.
Food Runner (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJune 5, 2013
The job is perfect for anyone that wants a leg up on the hospitality job placement and advances. Within in the hotel, they hire for positions from employees already placed. However, some times they place you with employees with many years in the company, but haven't promoted/demoted them based on performance. Overall, I'm happy here.
Pros
Free food, tips
Cons
Co-workers are malicious
Great experience, not a good lifestyle.
Room Service Manager (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INDecember 10, 2012
There is no such thing as a typical day when you work in the hotel industry. I was fortunate to be able to be promoted while working there. I went from a supervisor in one department, to a manager in another. It was a tremendous opportunity to be able to manage an entire department and such a diverse staff. The most challenging part of the job was my schedule. It was different each week. I worked every weekend and ususally put in six to eight days straight without taking a day off. The department I was in charge of operated 24/7/365, so the work never stopped. The best part of my job was developing my staff. We made some great changes and watching them be implemented and succeeding was very rewarding.
Enjoyed working with the public.
Night Auditor (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INAugust 26, 2012
I really learned a lot from this position such as organizing paperwork as well as working with others from different cultures.
I love it here!
At Your Service Agent (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INMay 27, 2012
I have been working for White Lodging at the Indianapolis Marriott Downtown for a little over a year. I love it. There are many opportunities for advancement, and they treat you well. Everyone is treated with respect. It's the best place I have ever worked for.
Pros
hours, benefits, employee relations, advancement opportunities, working conditions
Cons
pay
Fast-paced, luxury business hotel
Front Office Associate (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INMay 2, 2012
• Train new employees and interns in front office duties
• Provide the highest quality of service to guests at all times
• Offer creative resolutions to conflicts with guests and provide recovery for said guests
• Communicate properly and effectively with guests, coworkers, and managers
• Member of the Gift Shop Procurement Team
• Responsible for creating a first impression for the hotel
• Proficient in PMS and MARSHA Operating System