White Lodging Employee Reviews in Merrillville, IN

White Lodging's Cultural Shift
Human Resources Specialist (Current Employee) –  Merrillville, INMay 8, 2019
There has been a lot of change at White Lodging for the better. Our Leadership team has really been dedicated to making White Lodging the employer of choice and I have loved being a part of that change. It has been a huge cultural shift and a big undertaking, but I am so happy to see how far this company has come since I joined several years ago.

We are truly creating a company that lasts forever, and I have had so much fun doing it! I feel my managers, leaders, and coworkers care about me as a person and value the work that I do.

White Lodging is truly a fantastic place to work!
Pros
Benefits, Great work environment, growth
Cons
location
Great company
Benefits Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Merrillville, INJanuary 24, 2019
I would recommend anyone looking to get your foot in the door with hotel management to come to White Lodging. This company has the family feel in the atmosphere.
Employee prospects should beware.
Corporate office (Former Employee) –  Merrillville, INFebruary 5, 2018
Management cares about one thing and only one thing, themselves. You will be asked to work overtime off the clock to help management stay within their budget. You will be asked to work on vacation days and often are asked to bring your computer with you on trips or days off without compensation.
Males in high level roles feel they are superior enough to harass female subordinates leaving them with no choice but to leave the company. Management turns a blind eye to the problems they are presented with causing a hostile work environment.
I would not recommend this company to any individual looking for career options.
Pros
Cons
Poorly managed departments
Poor training
HOUSEKEEPING MANAGER (Current Employee) –  Merrillville, INSeptember 25, 2017
Training is very poor. Very limited work life balance, high stress and bare minimum staffing. Warm bodies filling spots at some properties. Incredible corporate team that hasn't trickled down to front lines.
Pros
Opportunity for growth and advancement
Cons
Burn out quickly
Friendly and Hospitable
Accounts Payable Manager/Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Merrillville, INJuly 20, 2017
White Lodging carries their success in hospitality over to their associates. Their care about their associates and their families. The most enjoyable part of my career with WL was learning something new almost every day in the growing company.
What to Expect
Guest Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Merrillville, INMay 24, 2017
This type of job for this company will provide you with experience more than the pay. The pay is only $9.00 across the company for Guest Service Representative. I was lucky enough to have an amazing manager to make my experience enjoyable with the company. There are plenty of opportunities for you to move up on the management side of the company. Not so much for the corporate side. Overall, if your looking to make your way into the hospitality industry, especially if you want to become a General Manager someday, then White Lodging is the company to go too.
great job
bar captain (Former Employee) –  Merrillville, INMay 20, 2017
amazing work, great people to work with. weekends are always busy but fun. they feed us great of working, if it was snowing bad and you worked th next day you could most likely get a room so you don't have to drive in the weather. great benefits
Pros
money
Cons
weekends are hard to get off
Maintenance
Regional Engineer (Former Employee) –  Merrillville, INApril 17, 2017
White lodging was great place to work in loved my job was laI'd off when economy went down. Was on the road all the time but was rewarded for it. Recommended
Very entertaining atmosphere
Server/Bartender (Former Employee) –  Merrillville, INApril 13, 2017
A typical shift here in the banquets department consists of setting tables and centerpieces for weddings, cooperate parties, birthday, baby showers, ect. The culture with every event is different. Many themed events as well. The most enjoyable part of this job was meeting countless new individuals on a weekly basis. Listening to the ideas of others then making it happen is always a rewarding feeling.
Pros
Always music at work
Cons
Minimal break time
Great Organization
Guest Service Representative/PBX Operator (Current Employee) –  Merrillville, INOctober 29, 2016
White Lodging is a great organization and I enjoy working with the staff and assisting customers. The culture is very family oriented and the organization treats its employees well.
Productive & Challenging
Purchasing Manager (Former Employee) –  Merrillville, INJuly 13, 2016
Challenging on a daily basis, but my Team worked together to make it successful and fun! I held my Team fully responsible for their own work without having to oversee those functions while traveling. The hardest part of my job was getting accurate information in a timely manner from our Design Team, Architect Team and VP of my Department. The best part of the job was a successful "ON TIME" opening for all new build Hotels and under budget for the Owner!!
Pros
Successful Opening
Cons
Lack of communication from the top
Difficult to find work/life balance
Event Manager (Current Employee) –  Merrillville, INMay 9, 2016
During my tenure with White Lodging, I have found it difficult to maintain a healthy work/life balance. In addition, poor management decisions have left dedicated employees overworked and under valued. However, the culture and demands of the work place are highly subjective to the particular hotel you are stationed. Since the hospitality industry is fluid by nature, there are always challenges to overcome when working with a revolving staff. This is not a company or industry for the faint of heart.
Great learning and fun place to work.
Corporate Engineering Manager (Current Employee) –  Merrillville, INDecember 29, 2015
A typical day at work would be going over contract and budgeting future contracts. This will ensure we are receiving the best deal possible and also building close relationships with other venders.
Not one day is every the same. Working at the front desk you never know what will come your way.
Guest Services Representative (Current Employee) –  Merrillville, INDecember 7, 2015
Fun place to work because you get to work and interact with different people on any given day whether they are coming in for business or coming in to stay leisure. Supportive upper management who enjoy seeing their employees grow and develop within the company.
fun work place
Housekeeping Manager (Current Employee) –  Merrillville, INApril 22, 2015
Manager day to day activities of the housekeeping department. its a very nice place to work. i have been employed at the hotel for the past 9 years. i have learned a lot about the hotel and working with people.
Pros
learning new people
Cons
have to leave the company to move out of town
Very Demanding
Assistant Food & Beverage Manager (Former Employee) –  Merrillville, INFebruary 17, 2015
They were very good at instilling a sense of customer service from you, but the hours were very long and very demanding. Pay was mediocre, but overall this was a good skill building company to work for.
Great Company but things could be better
Culinary Cook (Current Employee) –  Merrillville, INDecember 23, 2014
As an employee that has been hoping for a career development with this company after being with White Lodging for over 5 years. Management does not seem to care about their employees who work hard on the job to build their skills and to gain a career advancement within the company.This is the only downside to the organization. Each management team needs to be a mentor for those who really want to get in a new place in their career goals. Managers rarely show their appreciation for these talented and hard team members. The staff encountered are the best staff to work for to make your work day enjoyable and fun that motivates you. The challenges and learning experiences as a culinary cook have added more knowledge to my culinary experience. I do wish they would be a true mentor and help the ones who are looking for growth.
Pros
Staff Meals, Great team members and staff, flexible hours
Cons
No breaks, No career advancement, no mentors, paid time off replaces holiday pay (even if you work all holidays while all other employees don't), No holiday pay on actual holidays, medical benefits doesn't cover some things individuals need.
productive
ACCOUNTS PAYABLE SPECIALIST (Former Employee) –  Merrillville, INNovember 9, 2014
good place for newly business/accounting graduates to begin there careers
Pros
good place for newly business/accounting graduates
Cons
favortism
Productive and Enjoyable work place
Payroll Administrative (Temporary) (Former Employee) –  Merrillville, INJanuary 9, 2014
It was a Productive and organizes work place. The atmosphere was excellent. It plenty of team player in my department. The hardest part of my job was location. The most enjoyable part was my team and the service that white lodging provides
Pros
Discounted Incentitives
Cons
Healthcare Cost
The old company structure worked
Asst Front Office Man/Audit/ Housekeeping Sup. (Former Employee) –  Merrillville, INJune 18, 2013
It started as a great company to work for close nit environment but as the company expanded and new management took over it became unsecure and cut throat everyone cutting necks to advance. They let go of great managers and replaced them with ppl who just follow the crowd. Dont ever think about advancing if you are a female or a minority you have no shot of moving up its an old school white male run company. Pay is below average for industry standards 50+work hours a week average out to about $12 an hour