White Lodging Employee Reviews for Assistant General Manager

Assistant General Manager (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXApril 17, 2018
I miss my team! Management was amazing, job resources were amazing, The culture was great! I got to go on a retreat to Las Vegas, Great team building activies.
Not For Everyone
Bench Assistant General Manager (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INAugust 10, 2017
White Lodging has a culture where the bottom line and the profit margins mean more than the people. If filling someone else's pocketbook at your own emotional and physical expense appeals to you, then WL is the place for you.
Educational and Development Oriented
Bench Assistant General Manager (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILMay 30, 2017
White Lodging is very interested in training and developing hourly associates into managers within the organization. They are growing quickly and try to utilize talent within prior to outsourcing.
Difficult to balance work/life
Assistant General Manager (Former Employee) –  PennsylvaniaMay 8, 2017
White Lodging offered great opportunities for advancement, however the opportunities involved relocation. Benefits for FT employees were very good. Management at some properties were very difficult to work with. 10+ hour days were required for all managers, which usually turned into 13+ hour days, making life/work balance difficult to maintain. Great to work for if you are interested in a monogamous relationship with your hotel.
Pros
great benfits, training, opprotunity
Cons
must be willing to relocate to advance
Great way to advance your career and fast.
Bench Assistant General Manager (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTMarch 11, 2017
White Lodging is a wonderful fast growing company. One of the top companies in the hospitality industry. They have remarkable management and a great team culture.
great place to settle in
Assistant General Manager (Former Employee) –  South Bend, INAugust 18, 2016
I have long been a white lodging girl. I pride myself in this title. We provide genuinely positive interaction. We will give you nothing but the best. I learned everything from getting into a room with a stick with string on the end (because the lock was completely dead) to forecasting occupancy for stock orders and handling ap/ar responsibilities. My team members were like family and the hardest part of the job was distributing the work hours fairly. I loved my job because I love the people I worked with.
Pros
supportive environment, open door policy, advancement opportunities available
White Lodging
Assistant Restaurant General Manager (Current Employee) –  AustinApril 19, 2016
Hard work but if you can produce results you will be rewarded for your efforts. This company will consider results over tenure when it comes to promoting. Strong sales growth generation is a must for success with this company.
Growth and Development
Assistant General Manager (Current Employee) –  Mount Olive, NJApril 17, 2016
When I first started working for White Lodging Service Corporation, I was in the processes of completing my college Coop. I was amazed at the time each of the staff members and mangers took out of their day to train and develop me. It never matter how long you had been working for them or which department, everyone worked together as a team and together they developed each other and there property; and worked towards being the best of the best.

During my time with the company I went from being the intern to the Assistant General Manager and for a brief time I was the acting General Manager. With White Lodging Service when they find an associate with potential, they never hold you back. They train you, they provide you with resources you need and equip you to reach your goals.

I have learned so much from the short time that I have worked with White Lodging, but most importantly its knowledge and skills that I will use for the rest of my life and allow me to me succeed and reach my full potential.
Cons
Not International
Great company!
Assistant General Manager (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLNovember 19, 2015
The room for advancement is incredible, and they start from day one planning and training for the next move! Amazing job culture, but it does require long hours.