White Lodging Employee Reviews for Guest Service Agent

Great job to gain some good Customer Service Skills
Guest Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Silver Spring, MDMay 3, 2019
Great job for gaining customer service skills. Enjoyed the guest and coworkers but, new management took over after 3 years of me working there & he was a JERK!!!
Pros
Wonderful guest, wonderful co-workers
Cons
General Manager Unprofessional, low pay
Not a great place for everyoe
Guest Services Representative (Current Employee) –  United StatesMay 29, 2018
This company can be great if you choose the right property. Some properties have been carefully staffed and trained by great management teams while many others are the complete opposite. There can be fast turnover, poor management and generally non-existent training or support at times. This company could be as great as they advertise themselves to be if they get every property on the same page and provide equal support.
As corporate as Hotels can get
Guest Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Chandler, AZMay 28, 2018
White lodging runs its hotels with only profit in mind. They could care less about their customers and even less about their employees. The managers get treated like royalty while regular employees get nothing. If the expect you to move up they want you to go where they tell you when they tell you, and if you decline they fire you. Avoid them if you can you will not enjoy your time with this company.
What to Expect
Guest Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Merrillville, INMay 24, 2017
This type of job for this company will provide you with experience more than the pay. The pay is only $9.00 across the company for Guest Service Representative. I was lucky enough to have an amazing manager to make my experience enjoyable with the company. There are plenty of opportunities for you to move up on the management side of the company. Not so much for the corporate side. Overall, if your looking to make your way into the hospitality industry, especially if you want to become a General Manager someday, then White Lodging is the company to go too.
Low Pay Lackluster Leadership
Guest Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXMarch 27, 2017
I wanted a job that made it easy to work, do well, and go home and I did not find that here no matter how much I tried to work things out. The staff is small, which has its own pros and cons, but more than anything I found lackluster leadership.
Pros
Great co-workers
Cons
No breaks, bad management, work life balance
n/a
Sales Coordinator/ Guest Service Rep (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLOctober 16, 2016
I enjoyed working here. However, I did not make nearly enough income to support myself. I would return on a different salary. This is a great company.
Not one day is every the same. Working at the front desk you never know what will come your way.
Guest Services Representative (Current Employee) –  Merrillville, INDecember 7, 2015
Fun place to work because you get to work and interact with different people on any given day whether they are coming in for business or coming in to stay leisure. Supportive upper management who enjoy seeing their employees grow and develop within the company.
Fun, productive workplace with the oppurtunity to meet new people everyday.
Guest Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXJune 22, 2015
I worked a typical 8 hour shift, where I greeted guests and proceeded to check them into their rooms. I learned a lot about how hotels rates are determined and the differences between online booking and central reservations booking. Management was always helpful and available when help needed. The hardest part of the job was trying to get lunch breaks, due to the business. Most enjoyable part was working with a very friendly, upbeat set of coworkers.
Pros
discounts on reservations at almost any Marriott in the U.S.
Cons
having to pay for parking in the downtown area and still not be able to park there, when the hotel was completely booked.
very fun place to work
Guest Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Valparaiso, INOctober 29, 2014
- customer service and front desk service.
- fun place to work
- young people and peers
A fun workplace with daily interactions with guests
Guest Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXSeptember 7, 2014
This job included being the first point of contact with guests by welcoming them and meeting any needs they had. The best part of the day was meeting various residents on a daily basis while being able to facilitate the front desk.
Management team is key.
Guest Service Representative (GSR) (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXJuly 15, 2014
I've heard of successful hotels operated under White Lodging with a management that take a personal interest in their employees and their personal lives (career goals, personal endeavors, etc.). I unfortunately have not had the luck of working at a property with this type of management. With guest satisfaction scores at an all time low and a very switched off management team, a day at work feels like a month of labor intensive overload. There are a lot of places where management lack. Where to begin? Let's start with them never being there. Simply put, once 5 o'clock hits, they are out the door and complain about how overworked they are. Employees are unappreciated. We feel exploited. We are talked down to. We are worked to our core. We have been short staffed since the beginning of my employment and are finding it harder and harder to understand how difficult it is to hire people. I speak for myself as well as my team. Seldom are we ever praised for our work. They reap the benefits of our hard work with their quarterly bonuses. Not a thank you heard. This is the first I've ever heard of a management NOT trained in all of the departments. This is the first I've ever heard of keeping one person on duty on busy nights with no thought to schedule a second because "it is not in the budget." Might I ask where the budget goes? I'm just not sure about this specific property. Definitely something to be reported to Human Resources.

The most enjoyable part of work is the opportunity to meet many people of many backgrounds and having exposure to many walks of life. A good conversation
  more... can last a lifetime. There are sellout incentives. SXSW is the busiest time of year and we sold out every night of it. It was a nice bonus added to our check. This is definitely a job that makes you more self aware. You develop patience, empathy, and an ability to plan and take charge. Things that were not learned from management, but on your own. When you are stuck by yourself, you become your own backbone.  less
Pros
$10 incentives on sold out nights
Cons
bad management, long hours, no appreciation, hostile work environment, low gss scores
Family like coworkers.
Guest Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Grand Junction, COJanuary 13, 2014
Easy going and fun work environment. Friends with coworkers at work and outside of work. Great pay and benefits.
Great People, Great Leaderships, Terrific Training
Guest Service Representative (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJanuary 28, 2013
The company truly takes care of its employees - barbeques, visits to amusement parks when we met goals, and a general sense of caring and family. The training and principals of customer service were also excellent. I learned so much from this company, and take it with me everywhere I go.
Pros
great environment, lunches and staff gatherings, terrific training
Cons
wages, benefits
Good Hotel Company.
Guest Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Benton Harbor, MIApril 13, 2012
My basic experience was enjoyable. The hiring process is ridiculous. Be prepared for a 1 to 2 month wait for processing IF your considered. Communication is lacking in the hiring process as well.