White Lodging Employee Reviews for Night Auditor

Great place to go stagnant!
Guest Service Representitive / Night Auditor (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXMay 29, 2017
Want a place to work that gives you a bare minimum wage increase annually to keep you on Ramen and water? Look no further! while the direct managers were wonderful, the upper management despised everyone.
Pros
Nice managers, some nice guests
Cons
Everything else
worst experience I have ever had
Night Auditor (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INMay 5, 2016
Management is horrible at this Job They to not care about guest or employees. the hotel is filthy the guest are never happy they are not organized. it just feels like messy work every time I come in
Pros
free pizza
Cons
every thing else
Known for its Brand
Lead Night Auditor (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXDecember 27, 2015
The Marriott Brand does not disappoint. The brand standard is exceptional as all beliefs would state. This is a top tier employer.
Sometimes a stressful environment
Night Auditor (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INSeptember 10, 2015
I loved the employees at White Lodging however Management was little to be desired.

I have some of my best friends still working for White Lodging.
Pros
Friendly co-workers
Cons
Management struggles to connect
Great place to work if you want to work alone.
Night Auditor (Former Employee) –  Pontiac, MIJanuary 1, 2015
I worked the overnight 11-7 shift. I enjoyed the work and the guests of the hotel but I was alone for the majority of my shifts. That was the hardest part. The most enjoyable part was creating lasting relationships with the guests. Since the Residence Inn was an extended stay hotel, most of our guests were business people who were there for longer stays. I got to know them and create professional relationships with them. I enjoyed my working with both the operational managers I worked with. I have no opinion on the general manager as our paths only crossed a handful of times.
Pros
Worked well with my schedule
Cons
No break, alone majority of shift
Pays well but must deal with a lot of drama
Night Auditor (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILOctober 23, 2014
This place will pay you well but that is only to cover up the fact they dont know what they are doing but like to treat other who are below them as if they are slow. Management is not the easiest to deal with either.
Productive workplace where you will meet a wide range of diverse people
Night Auditor (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILJanuary 14, 2014
A typical while working for white lodging Inc. at the Hyatt hotel for a night auditor is to clock-in, greet guest and notify them about the current events that going on in the area, review all check ins and check outs for the present day, call various hotels in the area to find out what were their rates for the night, check and correct any mistakes that employees may have made that day.

What I learned while working for White Lodging is to communicate for various from different parts of the world and of different ethnic backgrounds. I enjoyed working with my managers because although they firm they provided great advice and leadership to help employee's better ways to fulfill job obligations. Outside of meeting a wide range of diverse people, the most enjoyable part was working with my co-workers. We all helped each other when needed and made sure that each guest had a great experience at the hotel. The hardest part of working for white lodging was handling the rate of work I was given. By the hotel being so short on staff, whatever wasn't done during the day I had to complete that night in addition to my normal job duties
Pros
Communicating with people of different ethnic groups, and discounted lunches
Cons
high work rate, short breaks, short on staff, and payed parking
Stressful Place
Night Auditor (Current Employee) –  chicago, ilAugust 30, 2013
If you keep to yourself and dont mind liars for managers then this is the place for you.
Fun and fast paste, A great Customer service experience
Night Auditor (Current Employee) –  Chicago IlJuly 25, 2013
A typical day at work will be doing my reports and taking care guests. I have learn a lot at white lodging the hospitality business and some accounting. Managers are great always focus on service. My night audit team the best a great team to work. Everything is enjoyable everyday something new.
Pros
great healthcare, benefits
Cons
Not a stable schedule
White Lodging is a good company to work for. However....
Night Auditor (Current Employee) –  Bedford Park, IL (Chicago)May 26, 2013
My position as Night Auditor is very easygoing. I, pretty much, am my own boss because I am the only one there from 11pm-7am. Most of the time, it is quiet and I am able to get all my work done in a few hours.

I've learned to resolve my own problems. Most issues, guest related, I can take care of. Unless it requires manager assistance, then I let them know I am transferring them over to the managers voicemail, and she will return their call just as soon as she can.

The hardest part of my job.... Staying alert all night.

The most enjoyable part of my job.... Knowing that I made a guest happy with the information that I relayed, or with my great attitude and conversation.
Pros
I work alone.
Cons
I miss my kids, and I work alone!
little pay for a lot of work
Night audit/ Guest service rep (Former Employee) –  Residence Inn by Marriott Salt Lake City AirportDecember 10, 2012
Working in the hospitality industry can be personally rewarding. First of all there is no such thing as a typical day and if you have one it feels more like an atypical day. As a night audit you work the grave shift. The Hotel is fairly quite except for late arriving guest and early check out. During the shift you prep and deliver check out folios, process out the work of the day and do the nightly reconciliation reports. Then be on hand to help guest until your sift ends. You almost never have access to management during your shift.(unless there's a hotel emergency). The hardest thing about this job is that your on own to make decisions on how to handle guest complaints. The other hard thing is that your internal clock gets missed up.
Enjoyed working with the public.
Night Auditor (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INAugust 26, 2012
I really learned a lot from this position such as organizing paperwork as well as working with others from different cultures.