White Lodging Employee Reviews

Good company bad management
Room Attendant/Housekeeping (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXApril 16, 2018
It’s a great company with a lot of benefits However you have to work for them for a very very long time to receive the majority of benefits and management is poor.
Pros
A lot of benefits
Cons
Bad management
The business is fulfilled with great people.
Dual Front Desk Supervisor/Manager on Duty (Former Employee) –  Denver, ColoradoApril 16, 2018
Great place to work and high chances of advancement. The company really encourages focus training and young leadership development. Task are very clear after 2-3 mouths.
Great Ethics
Gallery Host (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILApril 8, 2018
I love the work place. Very nice people and work ethics are satisfying. I worked for the company for a year. I met new people every day and the work place is very challenging do to the fact you have to multitask.
Run away and have a life.
Banquet Manager (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAMarch 26, 2018
If you hate having time with family and friends this is the job for you! Incredibly long hours, impossible work loads with redundant , inefficient processes. Company is overwhelmingly youth oriented. College recruits are highly valued as they do not really know better. Non college recruited managers are ignored, rarely if ever given any type of acknowledgment. (If there are any managers that are not recent college grads). Age and experience are hugely devalued. No one really knows what they are doing as the changes in management are constant. Executive committee members have a pat themselves on the back mentality though. GSS is at 49%. Scores for the department I worked in were in the high 90s, but only certain people are acknowledged for successes. Staff can be violent with no discipline as the hotel is so understaffed that Managers are dependent on non-skilled staff members and buyout labor.
Pros
Some really great hospitable people.
Cons
14+ hour work days, understaffed, poor management
Rock Stars welcome
General Manager (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYMarch 21, 2018
I worked for The Whitelodging Corporation for 8 years. The company takes great pride in developing talent from within and being the best and most successful within the hospitality industry. There is an incredible group of leaders on property and above. It is an ultra competitive environment so if you are not high energy and striving to be the best they may not be the company for you!
Pros
competitive salary, Great bonus structure
Cons
Endless amounts of reporting and paperwork
My experience with White Lodging
Chief Engineer (Former Employee) –  Fort Wayne, INMarch 13, 2018
Lots of hours
Poor Support from management
Would have stayed with the company had I felt like i was an asset.
limited budget to work with for repairs,
Was constantly mad to feel inferior, and was micromanaged on a regular basis due to budget numbers
Pros
diversity, travel, teamwork
Cons
honesty, integrity, good management
Good experience
Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTMarch 12, 2018
Opportunity is a good start to your hospitality career and I gained a lot of knowledge. There could have been better training or training in general. Management or help when my team was short staffed for almost a full year would have helped retain the employees. I was inspecting rooms and working my events that I booked on top of being responsible for selling for the property where I was also missing a second sales person. It was too much work for one person. I did not have any task force until 9 months after doing everything myself to the best I could.
Pros
good experience
Cons
not a lot of support or growth opportunity
Immature management
Banquet server (Current Employee) –  AustinMarch 10, 2018
Customer service takes back seat to the managers egos. Employees are treated like they are irrelevant to the hospitality business. I’ve been in the hotel industry for almost 20 years. The lack of knowledge and the treatment of the banquet staff is reflected in the company’s low ratings.
Moral is non existent. It’s an embarrassment working for this company. WhiteLodgeing does not know how to run a 4 Star hotel such as the JW MARRIOTT.
Backstabbing, gossip, favoritism, and race rule the day at this establishment.
Pros
Good money
Cons
Hostile environment
Excellent challenge for career and growth
HR/Accounting Manager (Former Employee) –  Fort Wayne, INMarch 6, 2018
Work is routine for many facets, but there is always variety in every day. While there is plenty of reporting and analysis of performance involved the daily needs of the site are always able to fulfill the need for change if that is what you need.
Poor communication & no employee recognition
Manager (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNMarch 4, 2018
I have heard that not every WL hotel is like this. This specific hotel however is very unorganized. There is absolutely no communication. They have a HR department of ONE. Literally ONE person in the HR department, who is friends with everyone in sales. Conflicts of interest seem to be no big deal there.
Pros
Discounts on hotels
Cons
No breaks, no employee appreciation, no communication
I've Definitely Built Character
Housekeeping Runner (Current Employee) –  IndianaFebruary 26, 2018
The manager gave me an opportunity to ease back into customer service. The co-workers are not cut throat in my location however the managers seem to be on their level. Gossip will probably be at every job but my advice, depending on how you want to grow with the company, is to keep your head down and wait for opportunity to rise. If it doesn't rise, take your change and step into challenges with the management that is not within the drama circle. It will be interesting seeing where I'll go with this company.
Pros
Learned multiple roles of the Housekeeping department
Cons
Drama within management, job barriers unclear, understaffed
Exciting atmosphere and a a warm and friendly environment
Cook/Prep/Dishwasher (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYFebruary 21, 2018
A typical day at Aloft Hotel was just like any other. I came to work ready and prepared to work and no play. I learned a lot from my boss he taught me things about culinary and operating a kitchen that I didn't know. The workplace culture was diverse, yet we all got along in a professional matter. The hardest part of the job was during the events where customers would go to events and afterwards come to our restaurant and order. We had up to 100 customers at one time. When those customers got through eating another 75 walked in, yet we used teamwork and got through it. The most enjoyable part of the job was coming to work and seeing my co-workers that always greeted me with a smile and a handshake.
Pros
Employee discounts on meals
Cons
No cons
Amazing company to grow with!
Manager (Current Employee) –  Louisville, KYFebruary 13, 2018
My interview process was longer than most, but I have gotten so much experience in the past few years that I've been employed with this company. If you are dependable, want to work, and want to learn as much as possible, then this is a great company for you! The upper level management within my hotel and within the company in general have been so kind and are always quick to answer any questions I have without seeming rushed or bothered.

I've never experienced any discrimination or felt like I was being taken advantage of. We have regular conversations about growth and the career path that I want to continue on within the company. The teamwork aspect is amazing. Everyone is so quick to jump in wherever they're needed regardless of what department you work in.
Pros
growth, management, culture, benefits
Cons
none from me
Banquet Server/Bartender (Current Employee) –  Louisville, KYFebruary 12, 2018
I love my job and my co-workers. It's a busy job but pay is good. Management is understanding and willing to work with you on issues. It's a diverse culture.
Pros
Hotel discounts
Cons
Long days sometimes
Good Company
General Manager (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZFebruary 8, 2018
Whitelodging was growing very fast at the time I was employed, it was a great time to be part of a growing company. They have great tools and systems in place.
Employee prospects should beware.
Corporate office (Former Employee) –  Merrillville, INFebruary 5, 2018
Management cares about one thing and only one thing, themselves. You will be asked to work overtime off the clock to help management stay within their budget. You will be asked to work on vacation days and often are asked to bring your computer with you on trips or days off without compensation.
Males in high level roles feel they are superior enough to harass female subordinates leaving them with no choice but to leave the company. Management turns a blind eye to the problems they are presented with causing a hostile work environment.
I would not recommend this company to any individual looking for career options.
Pros
Cons
Poorly managed departments
Poor mgt and slow business
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MIJanuary 20, 2018
Mgt did not know how to communicate. They do not train you but are quick to say what is wrong. Very cut throat environment where the employees fight and nothing gets resolved. Save yourself the headache.
Great company!
Front Desk Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Fort Wayne, INJanuary 17, 2018
Whitelodging is a great company for those who want to advance and are willing to work hard to do so! You have to be willing to work longer days sometimes and your schedule changes from week to week. You have to be all in to gain a career in hospitality or you'll never get what you want.
Pros
Great people!
Cons
Schedule changes
Housekeeping/Laundry
Housekeeping Attendant (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJanuary 3, 2018
Great company and co-workers. I would recommend this company, and willing to return. Great management team and immediate supervisors were available as needed.
Go. Anywhere. Else. Period.
General Manager (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXJanuary 1, 2018
Mudslinging would be so appropriate to sum up my experience with White Lodging, there aren't enough insults or negative things to say about the company. It is pretty much like selling your soul to the Devil to work for WL. They are sexist, discriminating against people of color, size, age, and blatantly judge and demean staff and you as a person. The culture is toxic and cancerous. Upper management are conniving and downright disgusting. They are unethical in personal and business aspects. There is no reason to work for this company, no purpose. Run.
Cons
65-80 hr work week the standard, no breaks, no appreciation.