White Lodging Employee Reviews

Poor Company
Restaurant General Manager (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXDecember 30, 2017
Try to say they care about associates, but up and sold more then half assets and told no one. Work life balance garbage. Hate it and Culture was poorly constructed and never followed. Hypocritical place to work.
Pros
Cons
A lot
Great people and very professional
Sales Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILDecember 13, 2017
My job currently is to generate several reports on a weekly basis.
Answer all incoming calls and qualifiy leads for the Sales Managers.
Plan small meetings at our campus of 10 hotels.
Would like more interaction, face to face with customers.
Needed more advancement opportunities
Very long commute, but have stayed because my boss and my associates were great to work with.
Looking for a job more suited for advancement.
Pros
nice people
Cons
long commute every day
Very beautiful hotel, Great ballrooms. Pool and spa, full kitchen, restaurant and bar
Engineering (Former Employee) –  Plantation, FLDecember 12, 2017
This is the worst place I’ve ever worked at. There’s no job security it’s as if they don’t appreciate you. People never get fired from here they quit. there are about 20 new faces each month, nobody stays. This is the place where you gain experience then move on.
Great people
Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTNovember 12, 2017
White Lodging has an intense hiring process for managers ensuring that they only hire the best so it is no wonder that the people you work with on a daily basis are amazing and great. Makes going to work enjoyable.
Extremely stressful and poorly managed
Bistro Server (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTNovember 11, 2017
While you had your job and were able to work, the managers and the lack of staff made my job incredibly difficult. It was hard to balance my home life and working there because the drama from poorly maintained managers.
Excellent management
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INNovember 7, 2017
I loved this job and company. It was a great friendly but professional environment with a lot of opportunities. if I ever move back to the Indianapolis area I would reapply for this company ,
Leave
Full Time Night Auditor (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNNovember 1, 2017
I stepped away from my night auditor position for search of full time day time role. The hardest part of the role was the overnight hours, but I enjoyed what I was doing.
Pros
Cons
hours, team work, communication
Incredibly sexist, and slave like conditions
Housekeeper and Laundry (Former Employee) –  Grand Junction, COOctober 16, 2017
Almost 300 hours every two weeks at $9.30 a hour if male. Females earn 13 a hour less rooms to build, double standards, management threatens you daily
Pros
Unlimited overtime
Cons
False accusations, people treating you like a slave
Hotel Maintenance
Cluster Engineering Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Bedford Park, ILOctober 16, 2017
I start my week eager to take on daily responsiblities as the engineering supervisor. At Midway Hotel Center I print out the weekly pm's for 19 engineers to maintain equipment and properties on a schedule. I most enjoy seeing overall guest satisfaction and achieving this and keeping equipment downtime at a mínimum.
Pros
Vacation, Pto, 401k, Medical Insurance very cheap for family
Cons
Not many DOE positions in Chicago
Excellent place to work
Front Desk Agent (Current Employee) –  Erie, PAOctober 13, 2017
Excellent place to work. Great environment to work. Excellent management. Flexible work schedule. Works well if you want to do an intership with the company
Poor training
HOUSEKEEPING MANAGER (Current Employee) –  Merrillville, INSeptember 25, 2017
Training is very poor. Very limited work life balance, high stress and bare minimum staffing. Warm bodies filling spots at some properties. Incredible corporate team that hasn't trickled down to front lines.
Pros
Opportunity for growth and advancement
Cons
Burn out quickly
It is a fast paced, competitive company
Front Office Manager (Current Employee) –  Denver, COSeptember 8, 2017
It is hit or miss based on the staff you work with. You could have an amazing GM or someone who has little to no idea what they are doing. Culture is generally great with the hourly staff and fair-good with management.
Great Place to Learn
Director of Services (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXAugust 24, 2017
It's a great place for a first time manager. You learn a lot about the industry and they give you a opportunity to be creative. There are a lot of resources for someone to run their departments. The only draw back is that they often work with ownership groups that do not share the same vision for associate engagement vs the bottom line.
Ok to start
Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Grand Junction, COAugust 22, 2017
Management is like bickering high school kids who. Ant stop fighting or criticizing personal time issues to be productive at work. Would be awesome if correct and supportive managers were in place as they were when I started
Pros
Not too many
Cons
No work life balance, abhorant managers
Productive and dynamic place to work
Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  Collegeville, PAAugust 18, 2017
I have been given multiple opportunities for advancement in a short time frame. The benefits are substantial and I have found a best friend whom I get to work with everyday.
Not For Everyone
Bench Assistant General Manager (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INAugust 10, 2017
White Lodging has a culture where the bottom line and the profit margins mean more than the people. If filling someone else's pocketbook at your own emotional and physical expense appeals to you, then WL is the place for you.
busy
General Cashier/Accounts Payable (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXAugust 5, 2017
very busy environment as with any hotel. great employees to work with in all departments, enjoyed working with all areas of the hotel. learned what it was like to work in a large hotel.
Pros
good benefits
Cons
no free lunch
Friendly and Hospitable
Accounts Payable Manager/Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Merrillville, INJuly 20, 2017
White Lodging carries their success in hospitality over to their associates. Their care about their associates and their families. The most enjoyable part of my career with WL was learning something new almost every day in the growing company.
White Lodging Upper Management Has No Clue
Hotel Management-Indianapolis Marriott Downtown (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJune 26, 2017
No job security. Never know when you are going to be outsourced so the company can save money. WLS is a perfect example of when founder passes away and son takes over at the helm but doesn't know how to run a large operation. They say they want to grow and create thousands of new jobs in the company but can't even manage the hotels they have. They also get rid of seasoned experienced workers and replace them with cheaper younger workers to save on the bottom line. White Lodging is a terrible company and I'd think twice before starting a career there because if you do you will not end up there long. The good Managers always end up leaving WLS for stronger and more ethical companies.
Pros
Great Coworkers
Cons
Terrible GM, Always Outsourcing Jobs, No Life Work Balance, False Promises
I had a great experience
Operations Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Omaha, NEJune 25, 2017
I had a great experience. enjoyed the job. I worked the overnight shifts. It was a great first job that helped me through my college years. I left on very good terms.