White Lodging Employee Reviews

Decent Company, working to a better culture
Front Desk Manager (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJune 20, 2017
This is a great company to work for if work is your 1st or only priority. This is not a great company to attempt to have a work/life balance due to the industry as well as this company expects everyone to work "lean" meaning you are working with a skeleton crew at almost every location. There is a lot of movement being made at this company to change some of these things, but I'm unsure if the expectation of running lean is going to change.
Pros
Great Compensation for those who perform
Cons
Difficult to have a work life balance due to the industry and company expectation to work "lean"
White Lodging Services is an outstanding hotel management company.
Lead General Manager (Former Employee) –  Tampa-Brandon, FLJune 17, 2017
White Lodging Services is an outstanding hotel management company.

White Lodging has an excellent portfolio of hotels ranging in size and amenities. As the Area General Manager responsible for three properties; Homewood Suites, Courtyard by Marriott, Fairfield Inn by Marriott, I found my role challenging, inspiring, and "fun". The Associates were talented and were well vested in providing outstanding service and contributing in whatever way possible to achieve success and meet a common goal. The opportunity to excel and progress were always available.

I enjoyed the challenges and the autonomy to manage, be creative, provide leadership to my team as well as interact daily with guests and groups.

Outstanding!
Educational and Development Oriented
Bench Assistant General Manager (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILMay 30, 2017
White Lodging is very interested in training and developing hourly associates into managers within the organization. They are growing quickly and try to utilize talent within prior to outsourcing.
Great place to go stagnant!
Guest Service Representitive / Night Auditor (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXMay 29, 2017
Want a place to work that gives you a bare minimum wage increase annually to keep you on Ramen and water? Look no further! while the direct managers were wonderful, the upper management despised everyone.
Pros
Nice managers, some nice guests
Cons
Everything else
What to Expect
Guest Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Merrillville, INMay 24, 2017
This type of job for this company will provide you with experience more than the pay. The pay is only $9.00 across the company for Guest Service Representative. I was lucky enough to have an amazing manager to make my experience enjoyable with the company. There are plenty of opportunities for you to move up on the management side of the company. Not so much for the corporate side. Overall, if your looking to make your way into the hospitality industry, especially if you want to become a General Manager someday, then White Lodging is the company to go too.
great job
bar captain (Former Employee) –  Merrillville, INMay 20, 2017
amazing work, great people to work with. weekends are always busy but fun. they feed us great of working, if it was snowing bad and you worked th next day you could most likely get a room so you don't have to drive in the weather. great benefits
Pros
money
Cons
weekends are hard to get off
Great company with plenty of opportunity
Front Desk Lead (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INMay 18, 2017
There are many opportunities to move up in this company. The company provides resources to make to sure you are getting the correct information and training.
Difficult to balance work/life
Assistant General Manager (Former Employee) –  PennsylvaniaMay 8, 2017
White Lodging offered great opportunities for advancement, however the opportunities involved relocation. Benefits for FT employees were very good. Management at some properties were very difficult to work with. 10+ hour days were required for all managers, which usually turned into 13+ hour days, making life/work balance difficult to maintain. Great to work for if you are interested in a monogamous relationship with your hotel.
Pros
great benfits, training, opprotunity
Cons
must be willing to relocate to advance
Avoid
Gallery Host / Concierge (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXMay 2, 2017
Very unprofessional behind the scenes. Management pushes for their bonus', at workers' expense. Workers are not people, just bodies, and not treated fairly or honestly. Middle management, as per the norm, take credit for other's work. Blatant favoritism.

For a paycheck, not expecting any thing else, good place to work.
Great place for college students. It does offer opportunities.

The company has great customer service principles, that one should learn, then utilize in their daily life and/or with other companies.

The company encourages "ownership", allows one latitude in dealing with guests, as long as management doesn't have to exert themselves.

The best part of the job, are the repeat corporate guests. They notice and appreciate the hard work one does.
White Lodging Services
Manager (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXApril 27, 2017
White Lodging Services is really evolving and definitely gives you an opportunity to grow and develop. There are several opportunities for advancement available, especially if you are willing to relocate. The hospitality industry is a demanding business, so be prepared to put in the time and dedication if you seek advancement. I started at an hourly position and have worked my way up, which is an opportunity available if you want to go that route.
Pros
Opportunity for advancement
Cons
Pay could be better
Maintenance
Regional Engineer (Former Employee) –  Merrillville, INApril 17, 2017
White lodging was great place to work in loved my job was laI'd off when economy went down. Was on the road all the time but was rewarded for it. Recommended
Very entertaining atmosphere
Server/Bartender (Former Employee) –  Merrillville, INApril 13, 2017
A typical shift here in the banquets department consists of setting tables and centerpieces for weddings, cooperate parties, birthday, baby showers, ect. The culture with every event is different. Many themed events as well. The most enjoyable part of this job was meeting countless new individuals on a weekly basis. Listening to the ideas of others then making it happen is always a rewarding feeling.
Pros
Always music at work
Cons
Minimal break time
Productive work environment but employees are not appreciated
Concierge (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYApril 2, 2017
A typical work day consist of never stopping, especially in the concierge lounge. what i learned from them was there was to make all the connections as possible because you never know who can help you in the future. the management was flat out horrible. the hardest part of the job was the morning rush, it never lasted more then 2 hours. the most enjoyable part of the job was the guest i encountered with.
Productive, good place for work, team players, Management support
Maintenance Manager at Residence Inn Denver South (Former Employee) –  Lakewood, COMarch 28, 2017
Good place to work, a lot costumer service needed, we have to take care of guess and make them feel they are in home, really team players, everyone works for the team .
Low Pay Lackluster Leadership
Guest Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXMarch 27, 2017
I wanted a job that made it easy to work, do well, and go home and I did not find that here no matter how much I tried to work things out. The staff is small, which has its own pros and cons, but more than anything I found lackluster leadership.
Pros
Great co-workers
Cons
No breaks, bad management, work life balance
Great way to advance your career and fast.
Bench Assistant General Manager (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTMarch 11, 2017
White Lodging is a wonderful fast growing company. One of the top companies in the hospitality industry. They have remarkable management and a great team culture.
Great Experience and Progression
Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXMarch 7, 2017
If you are a quick learner, and hard worker there are many opportunities for growth and development. Love to promote from within and have plenty of opportunities to work with multiple branded hotels.
Enjoyed working here
Marriott Representative (Former Employee) –  Golden, CO; Durango, CO; Lonetree, COFebruary 22, 2017
Overall, I had a great experience working with White Lodging. I worked for Marriott for 6+ years. I worked front desk, serving, banquets, breakfast chef, and night audit. I continued to learn through the variety of positions worked. Each manager I worked with was absolutely amazing, service centered, and an ideal team leader. The hardest part of the job was maintaining my cheerful attitude with the crazies that came in to stay at the hotels -- Ive been yelled at because housekeeping replaced dirty towels with clean ones, for not having connecting rooms available, and yada yada. But! Thats just part of the customer service industry -- good thing white lodging was such a great company to work for when I was with them! The most enjoyable part of the job was the people I worked with -- I made some forever friends. :)
Pros
the people, the leadership.
Cons
some travelers aren't pleasant, count on working weekends and holidays.
Amazing Company
Operations Manager (Current Employee) –  Carmel, INFebruary 21, 2017
If you're looking for the best place to work look no farther than White Lodging. Like many other hotels it does require a lot of work, but if you put the time in they will take care of you.
Pros
Cons
Need to be dedicated to the big picture
Great Opportunities, No Balance
General Manager (Former Employee) –  Pontiac, MichiganFebruary 15, 2017
I worked for White Lodging in a variety of different roles for a period of 3.5 years. During that time, I grew very rapidly from a first-time manager to managing my own property. I greatly enjoyed many aspects of my job, but was ultimately done-in by the lack of support from upper management and not having any work-life balance.
Pros
Rapid growth, movement, relocation
Cons
Long hours, high-stress