White Oak Management, Inc. Employee Reviews

Would Never Recommend!
LPN (Former Employee) –  Shelby, NCNovember 7, 2018
Administration is horrible. No backing for nurses whatsoever. Administration only cares about money and themselves. Will not help on the floor whatsoever, unless state is in the building. Very biased against staff personal lives outside of work. Staff in all areas do not use teamwork. Short staffed, long shifts. Work every on call signed up for. Will take CNAs word over nurses. Will call nurses in to work CNA shifts. Scheduler and Human Resources are related, causes bias against scheduling. Very stressful work environment. I would never recommend anyone in healthcare working here.
Pros
Cons
Read review
Lots of hard work
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Lancaster, SCNovember 7, 2018
I did enjoy working with my patients for this company, but there is a lot of misrepresentation of the companies mission. They over work the staff. Patients are the best part of the job.
Fun place to learn
Student (Former Employee) –  York, SCOctober 24, 2018
I only did my certification there to obtain my CNA - Certified Nursing Assitant certification. The workers were very nice and always made sure that I was doing what I needed to the right way and would teach me if I didn't know.
good workplace
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Spartanburg, SCOctober 18, 2018
they where good to work with the family of the residents where good to work for I loved woking there they where well put together and they had things together
Store Clerk (Former Employee) –  Springdale, ArkansasOctober 10, 2018
During my employment at white station I gained experience with my social skills, the ability to keep a business clean and provide the best customer service possible, customer enjoyed their experience with the customer service the company provides.
Pros
Customer service, patience, having the ability to make a moment out of each individual experience a great one.
Cons
No lunch breaks
Family Atmosphere
Nurse (Current Employee) –  Burlington, NCOctober 4, 2018
One big family! Everyone goes out of their way to make sure the residents needs are being met. Loads of teamwork!
Even management answers call bells!
productive
Floor Tech/Janitorial Cleaning (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCSeptember 18, 2018
It was a typical day doing the samething over and over again cleaning floors, taking out trash, cleaning bathrooms and dinning room , cleaning windows The job was not hard and you got to meet alot of different people . With different kinda of problems
Pros
you had to pay for your lunches
Cons
health care
You feel like family here!
Resident Care Associate (Current Employee) –  Waxhaw, NCSeptember 18, 2018
This nursing home is different from others. The administration will actually help nurses and CNAs, even with meals. We get regular raises and decent paid time off. They are willing to work with your school schedule and even offer a scholarship. I feel like I have a family when I am at work, and do not feel alone and overworked like I did at other nursing homes.
Pros
Excellent benefits, teamwork, flexible scheduling
Good opportunity to employ my nursing skills.
Licensed Practical Nurse (Former Employee) –  Newberry, SCSeptember 8, 2018
Highly active work environment, with busy case load. Opportunity to administer care to a wide range of residents. Supportive colleagues. Enjoyable interaction with residents.
Pros
Professional work environment.
Cons
Busy case load.
some good employees who are under paid
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Kings Mtn, NCSeptember 8, 2018
staff to patient ratio felt unsafe. new RNs were placed in supervisor roles that had no experience turnover was ridiculous no team work patient swear not paired with suitable roommates which caused conflict
review
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Columbia, SCAugust 13, 2018
you can eat their everyday and it will be deducted out of your check , they take money out your check for scrubs, you can apply for a different position when it comes available.
Pros
you can move up
Cons
yo are stuck with your shift so choose wisely and not enough pay
good place to be and work
CNA (Former Employee) –  South CarolinaAugust 12, 2018
this is a clean place and friendly place to work. theres nothing bad that you can say about this place. the people that work there is very nice and easy to get along with
Over working job
STNA (Former Employee) –  Warren, OH 44484August 9, 2018
One thing I did not like is mandation. And staff that was suppose to stay over for another shift would leave and I would get stuck all the time and the management wouldn't do a thing about it. I just gave up and put in my two weeks.
Official response from White Oak Management, Inc.
August 27, 2018

This was not a White Oak Manor employee. White Oak Management operates 17 facilities in NC and SC. We have no facilities in Ohio.

Not a fun place to work.
Driver (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCAugust 8, 2018
Very stressful place to work the administrator​ is very nasty only treat you nice when ceo is coming are state in building, human resource manager is nasty and don't know how to talk to black staff,if you want to see what salvery days was like go their.
Pros
Cons
Poor mangerment
Overall good place to work
Nurse (Former Employee) –  Rock Hill, SCAugust 7, 2018
I have worked at several different long term care facilities full time and PRN since becoming a nurse years ago. I have had a very good experience with White Oak. Of all the places I have worked it is one of the most organized. It is fast paced but I personally prefer that. The environment is friendly, professional and promotes teamwork. Administration and DON have always been helpful and dedicated to their staff as well as their residents. Wages and benefits are about the same as most facilities in the surrounding area. No place is perfect but White Oak is by far one of the best.
Pros
Hours, competitive wages
Good
STNA/CNA (Former Employee) –  OhoAugust 6, 2018
It was a alright review job is good if u need the hours can be a cleaner environment have good nurses residents have a lot of mental health an behavior issues
Pros
Cons
Residents
Official response from White Oak Management, Inc.
August 27, 2018

This was not an employee of White Oak Manor. White Oak Management operates 17 Facilities in NC and SC. We have nothing located in Ohio.

Run run run
Nurse (Current Employee) –  Rock Hill, SCAugust 2, 2018
Training time was great , 2nd day on the job , the person. Training me left the building for a " family event " left me with the keys , came back to "check in " then left again , I have a total of 3 weeks of training on 1st shft , I was hired for 2nd shift , started on the floor , things were left not done , and not reported off to , dont worry about reporting something that is wrong , they dont care , they have favorites , will work you to death and make you take days off so they dont have to pay overtime , if you bring up something that's wrong in the building they target you , make you uncomfortable and very uneducated management , very rude and talks down to you ! Pay is minimal , not enough for the things you have to do , left crying multiple nights in a row! HR is wonderful, DON , admin and some supervisors need to find another calling
Pros
Hours
Cons
Everything else
not fun!!!
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Columbia, SCAugust 1, 2018
this place should be closed down! I cant understand it , the pay is very low. The management is really bad , they do not care about the workers. I mean what dose it take for the place to get it together. I have been a CNA for 18 years and I was only making 11.00 an hour when I left the new job I have is paying 14.00 an hour and 16.00 on the weekends, what is up with white oak you pay and people will stay.
Pros
Cons
no staff, low moral
Friendly place to work
MDS COORDINATOR (Former Employee) –  Burlington, NCAugust 1, 2018
I enjoyed working at White Oak. The staff was friendly and the pay was good. After one of my coworkers left it became very stressful to complete the work but I managed. Management even complimented me on my ability to take on the responsibility to get the work completed. That is something that doesn't happen in a lot of places.
Pros
Great coworkers - Good pay -good benefits
Cons
too much work for the amount of staff
White Osk Manor
Dietary Aide (Former Employee) –  Burlington, NCJuly 30, 2018
White Oak Manor was not a great job , I was hired for 40 hrs a week then the longer I stayed on the job my hrs went down to one hr. a day to two hrs a week and the reasoning for that is my manager said that I was too standoffish and an apology was just not enough
Pros
can't think of any
Cons
disorganized

Ask a question about working or interviewing at White Oak Management, Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.