White Oak Management, Inc. Employee Reviews

Wonderful working conditions
HR Manager (Current Employee) –  Spartanburg, SCJuly 9, 2018
White Oak is a great company to work for. Stable management, competitive salaries and good benefits. Residents are very well taken care of. Clean environment. Meals are great. Always having activities for residents and also staff. Management at facility cares about the facility and is always available when needed.
Pros
Stable management
Cons
Room for growth, great co-workers, team environment
Clerical (Current Employee) –  Rutherfordton, NCJuly 9, 2018
There is so much room for growth with this company. I work with awesome co-workers who are very supportive of each other. We work as a team and are able to accomplish any task given to us. We see each other as family!
Enjoyed my time there.
Homemaker (Former Employee) –  Boiling Springs, SCJune 30, 2018
I worked at White Oak @ North Grove for over a year. Beautiful facility friendly staff. Andy Nelson is the best administrator Iโ€™ve had the pleasure to work for. At North Grove your not surrounded by co workers but by family. If I wasnโ€™t moving out of state I would still gladly be working there. Great place for Residents and staff. ๐Ÿ’—๐Ÿ’—๐Ÿ’—๐Ÿ’—
Pros
2 Raises within a year and 4 months, provides lunch and dinner
Not A Good Investment For A Long Time Commentment
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Shelby, NCJune 1, 2018
A current employee with high expectation when it comes to caring for the residents I am responsible for. A lot of new hirees are not told the truth when it comes to case load and they leave. Most CNAs are helpful but all have seem to be tired mentally, physically and psychologically! New management but no new changes toward the staff who work tedious hours with huge amts of responsibility. Seeing a lot of staff sitting and playing on their phones, nurses are mean to certain CNAs, unfair with giving of task and refuse to help certain CNAs. The atmosphere has changed so much compared to how it once was three years ago. Full timers are getting scarce and the part timers are just doing enough to get by because they can. No respect to those with seniority or experience. Management could be better toward those who have been there for them. Two or one person (CNAs) on each floor at night -- the morale is getting lower and lower, and no one cares enough to allow those who wish to work, to work. Have been told they were not needed. So untrue! Working short is the agenda of the day. Good luck if you choose to work here! It's not the staff that causes the problems when you have an insufficient AMT. State turns a deaf ear....concerning staffing. No help!
Pros
Most are hard working CNAs!/Can't beat them!
Cons
Most new CNAs are lazy, smart alecky and temporary. Not invested!
A good company
Truck driver (Current Employee) –  Decatur, AL 35602May 24, 2018
White Oak is a very friendly company. I enjoy working with them. There are times that my job was hectic , however it was due mostly to traffic. Also loading times were delayed. They work hard and the best that the can to keep your routes on a timely basis.
I like my new position
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Shelby, NCMay 22, 2018
I like this facility but what I dont like is too be disrespected by an employee. Multiple workers have complained about this one employee an nothing has been done about her.
Pros
They give out bonuses
Cons
Its alot of Indian's but not enough of chiefs
Working together to meet the need of each patient.
CNA (Former Employee) –  Charleston, SCMay 9, 2018
A great home like environment working together to meet the need of each patient through compassion and love. Through physical therapy and the activities department, patients have something to look forward to and are able to keep up their strength.
Difficult team clean place
Staffing Coordinator/ HR Assistant (Former Employee) –  Columbia, SCMay 5, 2018
Very stressful not a lot of advancement poor management, no team work clean environment difficult team to work with. i would not recommend this job to anyone
Pros
family oriented
Cons
low pay
Not a good place to work
Floor Technician (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCApril 17, 2018
Zero stars!!! Dirty facility I just donโ€™t like it there . Short of help . The residents deserve better than what white oak gave them . Food is no good
Not Bad
Other (Former Employee) –  York, SCApril 16, 2018
Not a bad place to work, always something going on, potential for long hours but residents are nice everyone does a good job there. Learned a lot at time there.

Want to know more about White Oak Management, Inc.?

Ask a question
Horrible place to work!!!
CNA (Former Employee) –  Shelby, NCApril 7, 2018
White oak of Shelby is not a good place to work. The nurses treat the CNAs as though they are not human beings. They talk to them any kind of way. The turnovee rate is high. The DON does not care about suggestions to make the work enviroment better. The patients are neglected and I would high discourage anyone seeking employment and more importantly DO NOT PLACE YOUR ELDERLY FAMILY MEMBERS IN THIS FACILITY!!!
Worst place to work
CNA 2 Medication Aide (Former Employee) –  Kings Mountain, NCMarch 29, 2018
Do not work here! The nurses are very disrespectful and have attitudes and don't talk to people in a professional manner. Staff is very childish and unprofessional. Management plays favoritism and there is a lot of unfair treatment. Everyday there is a shortage in staffing and you have to break your back doing double the work. The point system is unfair and they are always moving people around and there is no team work your on your own. Everyday somebody is telling on someone else to try to get people in trouble. Don't waste your time.
Pros
Sweetest residents
Cons
I work at white oak manor in columbia s.c
Dietary Aide / Cook (Current Employee) –  Columbia, SCMarch 21, 2018
White oak manor is place for elderly people who needs care. Its 24 hr
facility. Its a very tough job because, a lot of the residents can't do for themselves. Its a very nice place to work at.
Stressful place
Cna (Former Employee) –  Kings Mountain, NCMarch 21, 2018
Hated every minute of it. Was expected to give 6+ showers a day plus take care of my other patients. You have to write statements on every thing you do and they are quick to give you grievances no matter the situation. So glad I left.
Pros
Cons
Cliques and no team work
just no
RN (Former Employee) –  Kings Mountain, NCMarch 13, 2018
nurses overworked, no control of on-call days. expected to work double shifts routinely, on call to cover nurses and CNAs. constant turn over. poor morale overall.
A hard place to work, when you don't have a the humble Supervisor
Laundry Aide (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCMarch 3, 2018
It could've been e great job but the Supervisor made it impossible,
So I decided to leave. They didn't have enough people for there work load. However, I Made some great friends.
Very stressful
Licensed Practical Nurse (Former Employee) –  North Charleston, SCFebruary 26, 2018
There under a point system for leave and do not at the time I work there accept doctor excuses. Not enough support staff per resident. Poor universal precaution.
Competitive work place with few opportunites to advance
RN Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Kings Mountain, NCFebruary 19, 2018
A typical day at work includes deciding how many CNAs are needed for the shift and where I need to send them as related to the number we have. I supervise the overall running of the facility on my shift and handle any problems that may arise. I am ultimately responsible for each resident and must make sure they are treated the way they should be. I also do a lot of computer work such as care reviews, physician orders, and chart reviews. I have learned a lot of management skills and how important it is to treat each resident with respect. The work culture is very stressful in that staffing is always an issue. We have problems keeping nursing staff and CNA staff. This makes it hard to assure proper resident care. The hardest part of the job is determining schedules and dealing with the unsatifaction of staff when they don't like their assignments. I absolutely love caring for these elderly residents and being able to get a smile out of them. It gives me deep satisfaction to know I have brightened their day.
Pros
Reduced price meals, no week-end work unless you're on call
Cons
Poor chance for advancement and at times being promised something and then being "passed over."
Love working with public
nursing (Current Employee) –  York, SCFebruary 12, 2018
Love interacting with residents , making them smile, helping with their daily task, making white oak as much as home to them as possible as,we can make it
Pros
Meeting residents, making them smile
Cons
Short breaks, i think not enough money made of course
It was a good place to work
Certified Nurse Assistant (Former Employee) –  Columbia, SCFebruary 11, 2018
Enjoyed working for White Oak Manor. Environment was pleasant to work in. Worked well with others, nursing staff was helpful
Would acccomodate you promptly if a problem arises
Sometimes they were short staffed.
Pros
Friendly atmosphere
Cons
Short staffed

Ask a question about working or interviewing at White Oak Management, Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.