White Oak Management, Inc. Employee Reviews

Wonderful working conditions
HR Manager (Current Employee) –  Spartanburg, SCJuly 9, 2018
White Oak is a great company to work for. Stable management, competitive salaries and good benefits. Residents are very well taken care of. Clean environment. Meals are great. Always having activities for residents and also staff. Management at facility cares about the facility and is always available when needed.
Pros
Stable management
Cons
You feel like family here!
Resident Care Associate (Current Employee) –  Waxhaw, NCSeptember 18, 2018
This nursing home is different from others. The administration will actually help nurses and CNAs, even with meals. We get regular raises and decent paid time off. They are willing to work with your school schedule and even offer a scholarship. I feel like I have a family when I am at work, and do not feel alone and overworked like I did at other nursing homes.
Pros
Excellent benefits, teamwork, flexible scheduling
Overall good place to work
Nurse (Former Employee) –  Rock Hill, SCAugust 7, 2018
I have worked at several different long term care facilities full time and PRN since becoming a nurse years ago. I have had a very good experience with White Oak. Of all the places I have worked it is one of the most organized. It is fast paced but I personally prefer that. The environment is friendly, professional and promotes teamwork. Administration and DON have always been helpful and dedicated to their staff as well as their residents. Wages and benefits are about the same as most facilities in the surrounding area. No place is perfect but White Oak is by far one of the best.
Pros
Hours, competitive wages
Friendly place to work
MDS COORDINATOR (Former Employee) –  Burlington, NCAugust 1, 2018
I enjoyed working at White Oak. The staff was friendly and the pay was good. After one of my coworkers left it became very stressful to complete the work but I managed. Management even complimented me on my ability to take on the responsibility to get the work completed. That is something that doesn't happen in a lot of places.
Pros
Great coworkers - Good pay -good benefits
Cons
too much work for the amount of staff
Very good company to work for.
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Spartanburg, SCNovember 26, 2018
At White Oak Manor I have learned to provide care to patients and assist with their daily activities such as bathing, assisting with feeding and bedtime. White oak manor has very flexible hours, good management and a clean professional work environment.
Workplace
Unit Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Burlington, NCNovember 28, 2018
Not a very good environment to work in when I worked there years ago. I hope that new management has changed the environment and the way staff is treated.
Pros
Cons
Staff to patient ratio
Very simple job!
Caregiver (Current Employee) –  Spartanburg, SCNovember 29, 2018
If you work part time, do not expect much. It's a part time job. Like most places you do not receive benefits if you work under 40 hours a week. It's a very decent job though. The staff is really friendly.
Pros
Simple, relaxing, go at your own pace
Cons
If you are part time no benefits ( but it's part time)
Enjoyed my time there.
Homemaker (Former Employee) –  Boiling Springs, SCJune 30, 2018
I worked at White Oak @ North Grove for over a year. Beautiful facility friendly staff. Andy Nelson is the best administrator I’ve had the pleasure to work for. At North Grove your not surrounded by co workers but by family. If I wasn’t moving out of state I would still gladly be working there. Great place for Residents and staff. 💗💗💗💗
Pros
2 Raises within a year and 4 months, provides lunch and dinner
Family Atmosphere
Nurse (Current Employee) –  Burlington, NCOctober 4, 2018
One big family! Everyone goes out of their way to make sure the residents needs are being met. Loads of teamwork!
Even management answers call bells!
Difficult team clean place
Staffing Coordinator/ HR Assistant (Former Employee) –  Columbia, SCMay 5, 2018
Very stressful not a lot of advancement poor management, no team work clean environment difficult team to work with. i would not recommend this job to anyone
Pros
family oriented
Cons
low pay
Over working job
STNA (Former Employee) –  Warren, OH 44484August 9, 2018
One thing I did not like is mandation. And staff that was suppose to stay over for another shift would leave and I would get stuck all the time and the management wouldn't do a thing about it. I just gave up and put in my two weeks.
Official response from White Oak Management, Inc.
August 27, 2018

This was not a White Oak Manor employee. White Oak Management operates 17 facilities in NC and SC. We have no facilities in Ohio.

not fun!!!
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Columbia, SCAugust 1, 2018
this place should be closed down! I cant understand it , the pay is very low. The management is really bad , they do not care about the workers. I mean what dose it take for the place to get it together. I have been a CNA for 18 years and I was only making 11.00 an hour when I left the new job I have is paying 14.00 an hour and 16.00 on the weekends, what is up with white oak you pay and people will stay.
Pros
Cons
no staff, low moral
Competitive work place with few opportunites to advance
RN Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Kings Mountain, NCFebruary 19, 2018
A typical day at work includes deciding how many CNAs are needed for the shift and where I need to send them as related to the number we have. I supervise the overall running of the facility on my shift and handle any problems that may arise. I am ultimately responsible for each resident and must make sure they are treated the way they should be. I also do a lot of computer work such as care reviews, physician orders, and chart reviews. I have learned a lot of management skills and how important it is to treat each resident with respect. The work culture is very stressful in that staffing is always an issue. We have problems keeping nursing staff and CNA staff. This makes it hard to assure proper resident care. The hardest part of the job is determining schedules and dealing with the unsatifaction of staff when they don't like their assignments. I absolutely love caring for these elderly residents and being able to get a smile out of them. It gives me deep satisfaction to know I have brightened their day.
Pros
Reduced price meals, no week-end work unless you're on call
Cons
Poor chance for advancement and at times being promised something and then being "passed over."
Not a fun place to work.
Driver (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCAugust 8, 2018
Very stressful place to work the administrator​ is very nasty only treat you nice when ceo is coming are state in building, human resource manager is nasty and don't know how to talk to black staff,if you want to see what salvery days was like go their.
Pros
Cons
Poor mangerment
Run run run
Nurse (Current Employee) –  Rock Hill, SCAugust 2, 2018
Training time was great , 2nd day on the job , the person. Training me left the building for a " family event " left me with the keys , came back to "check in " then left again , I have a total of 3 weeks of training on 1st shft , I was hired for 2nd shift , started on the floor , things were left not done , and not reported off to , dont worry about reporting something that is wrong , they dont care , they have favorites , will work you to death and make you take days off so they dont have to pay overtime , if you bring up something that's wrong in the building they target you , make you uncomfortable and very uneducated management , very rude and talks down to you ! Pay is minimal , not enough for the things you have to do , left crying multiple nights in a row! HR is wonderful, DON , admin and some supervisors need to find another calling
Pros
Hours
Cons
Everything else
A very good learing experience and Productive
Administrative Assistant/Dietary Aide (Former Employee) –  Charleston, SCFebruary 10, 2019
Working for white Oaks was a very good experience and Learning experience. I give my all and make changes and adapt to new situation effortlessly. Diligently in serving residence food, assistant in eating.
Pros
good healthcare
Cons
not to many breaks
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Spartanburg, SCJuly 19, 2018
I did enjoy working for White Oak. They did let you off to be with family. Great health benefits and pay. Loved working for my boss. Enjoyed working with consultants and each nursing facility. Very fast pace at times. Tried to cover others any time they were out of the office. Excellent team player.
Pros
Time off, benefits, pay
Cons
Occasional long days and at home work.
Great place to work at when I was there.
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  North Charleston, SCFebruary 9, 2019
I love patient care. Any job that I have ever worked on I put my all and more into my. This job was great it aloud me to sharpen my skills. I took advantage of every class that I could.
Pros
Flexible schedule
Cons
None at this time
Excellent Company
Human Resource Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Spartanburg, SCJanuary 15, 2019
No matter in what position one takes with the company, you can believe the Company will take care of you. Better that average pay and working conditions.

A Company that values their employees and listens to them.

Awesome Company
Pros
Great job any position
Cons
not any
work place
Server (Former Employee) –  Burlington, NCNovember 27, 2018
a fun work place is everybody getting alone and working together. working with the older people that lived there was a blessing they always made working there easy and fun.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at White Oak Management, Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.