White Plains Hospital Employee Reviews

Productive and interesting environment.
Medical reception/medical asst (Current Employee) –  Mt. Kisco, NYSeptember 16, 2018
I have been working for White Plains Hospital, previously an independent Dermatology office, for 17 years. Although I enjoy the work very much and experience, is invaluable, I would prefer to work in the Poughkeepsie area, which is closer to home.
Pros
A good place to work
Cons
Too far from home.
a good basic community hospital
RN (Former Employee) –  White Plains, NYSeptember 6, 2018
a good community hospital with evere expanding roles
never saw much of upper management
lower management functional and positive
work load very heavy and with no excuses
great place to work!
LPN Licensed (Current Employee) –  White Plains, NYSeptember 5, 2018
Watched the hospital grow and support our community over the years and still continues to grow. It became a second family. Hard work but love caring for the patients.
5 Star Rating
Unit Secretary (Former Employee) –  White Plains, NYSeptember 3, 2018
Great opportunity for growth. I learned so much. This was the beginning of my medical career experience. Great nursing staff always willing to not go above and. beyond for their patients but for one another. Awesome team work.
Pros
Flexible
Cons
Hours got cut
Good benefits
Patient Account Representative (Current Employee) –  White Plains, NYSeptember 3, 2018
White Plains Hospital Patient Accounts Department has good hours and Great benefits with very little weekend requirements. The department is separate from the hospital but within walking distance if you need to go there for anything.
Pros
Good Benefits
Cons
Tbd
N/a
Physician Practice Office Assistant (Current Employee) –  New Rochelle, NYAugust 21, 2018
Working for this company is good
Gives you great experience
Is very diverse, good management and communication between staff and management.
Learn plenty of things in the medical field and learn a lot about insurances as well. Great benefits as well.
Productive and fun place to work with a high turnover
Unit Clerk (Current Employee) –  White Plains, NYAugust 3, 2018
This hospital is a very difficult facility to get into (they don't just hire anyone off the streets) but when you do get in you are set. They prefer to hire from within instead from outside. They will send you to school to learn the job if you are interested. Just like any other workplace, it depends on who you work with that makes the job easy or difficult, but if you come to work and block the negativity then you will be OK! I love working here and I see myself growing in the company/facility.
Pros
bonuses, gifts and free food (for hospital week)
Cons
biased and disrespectful coworkers, partiality, lazy nurses
Excellent place to work
Clinical Documentation Specialist (Current Employee) –  White Plains, NYAugust 1, 2018
I look forward to going to work everyday.I enjoy working at White plains hospital.My manager & co-workers are very supportive.Team work is excellent among my coworkers.My work place fosters ongoing education & provide opportunities to update my knowledge ,skills .Overall my employer strive to provide excellent working environment ,flexible scheduling,excellent benefits & paid time off .I am treated as a valued employee by the employer .
good staff working there
Staff RN ED (Current Employee) –  White Plains, NYJuly 22, 2018
excellent medical attention, the care received at white plains hospital is the best I have seen. paid time off, 401k, health insurance. yearly bonus.
White Plains Hospital
Environmental Services/ Housekeeping (Current Employee) –  White Plains, NYJuly 10, 2018
White plains hospital is all about giving exceptional care to its patients and that is exactly what you get. Everyone in this hospital is determined to help each patient in any way shape or form.
Pros
truely a team effort

Want to know more about White Plains Hospital?

Ask a question
good enviroment
Emergency Room Clerk (Former Employee) –  White Plains, NYJune 29, 2018
it was an extremely busy atmosphere but very good workplace. I love that it kept me busy for I was working overnight. Good place to advance also. Couldn't match my schedule due to my recent maternity leave.
Great Learning opportunities
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  White Plains, NYJune 11, 2018
I am very grateful to have started my nursing career at White Plains, they are great supporters of new graduates. Its a great environment as far as Teamwork and well organized between departments.
Pros
Supporting environment
Cons
Night shift hours are not convient for MY family schedule
Great place to start
Staff/Charge Nurse (Current Employee) –  White Plains, NYMay 26, 2018
White plains is a wonderful place to work. They really allow for professional development and they give lots of support. They really do want you to stay within the company to grow. Compensation is definitely much better than it was in the past.
Pros
Great support, reasonable patient load, places to grow, ability to shadow other departments
Cons
So-so benefits, non-competitive pay rate
A lot of room for advancement
Administrative Assistant/Surgical Coordinator (Current Employee) –  White Plains, NYMay 19, 2018
White Plains Hospital has many avenues for advancement. They offer many amenities for their employees and appreciate each employee's hard work. Upper management is always willing to meet with you for any issues that may arise. The people that you work with in your department/area become like family.
Pros
Offers many opportunities such as healthcare and job options
It’s a great work place
Building Service Aide (Current Employee) –  White Plains, NYMay 19, 2018
It is a good place to grow, I hope to continue growing as a person and as an employee.. I feel at home when I'm working .my supervisors and col-workers are very kind to me
Good job
Admitting Registrar/Bed Controls (Former Employee) –  White Plains, NYMay 13, 2018
Great place to work, enjoyed the day to day work. Enjoyed the training and atmosphere there. The managers are very helpful and will work with you to help you excel.
Exceptional place to work
3F Step Down ICU Nurse Technician (Current Employee) –  White Plains, NYMay 8, 2018
Great staff and management to work with like family. Always improving ways to better staff members in their upward scale to success and job longevity.
difficult job
CARE MANAGER (Former Employee) –  White Plains, NYMay 2, 2018
many hours worked, stressful, poor work -life balance, poor management, going through many changes that made it hard for the day to day routine to be accurate,
White Plains
Central Sterile Technician (Former Employee) –  White Plains, NYApril 29, 2018
White plains hospital was the first hospital to become a very educated Central Sterile Tech. I also met my wife here on the job. I would recommend people to come here.
productive
Full time Employee (Current Employee) –  New York, NYApril 23, 2018
Fast paced, high stress environment with a team base approach. Always encouraged to take your break. There is no patient to nurse ratio and assignemnts is not base on acuity.
Pros
break is encouraged
Cons
no patient to nurse ratio in the emergency dept

Ask a question about working or interviewing at White Plains Hospital. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2