White Plains Hospital Employee Reviews

4.2
Ratings breakdown
good enviroment
Emergency Room Clerk (Former Employee) –  White Plains, NYJune 29, 2018
it was an extremely busy atmosphere but very good workplace. I love that it kept me busy for I was working overnight. Good place to advance also. Couldn't match my schedule due to my recent maternity leave.
Great Learning opportunities
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  White Plains, NYJune 11, 2018
I am very grateful to have started my nursing career at White Plains, they are great supporters of new graduates. Its a great environment as far as Teamwork and well organized between departments.
Pros
Supporting environment
Cons
Night shift hours are not convient for MY family schedule
Great place to start
Staff/Charge Nurse (Current Employee) –  White Plains, NYMay 26, 2018
White plains is a wonderful place to work. They really allow for professional development and they give lots of support. They really do want you to stay within the company to grow. Compensation is definitely much better than it was in the past.
Pros
Great support, reasonable patient load, places to grow, ability to shadow other departments
Cons
So-so benefits, non-competitive pay rate
A lot of room for advancement
Administrative Assistant/Surgical Coordinator (Current Employee) –  White Plains, NYMay 19, 2018
White Plains Hospital has many avenues for advancement. They offer many amenities for their employees and appreciate each employee's hard work. Upper management is always willing to meet with you for any issues that may arise. The people that you work with in your department/area become like family.
Pros
Offers many opportunities such as healthcare and job options
It’s a great work place
Building Service Aide (Current Employee) –  White Plains, NYMay 19, 2018
It is a good place to grow, I hope to continue growing as a person and as an employee.. I feel at home when I'm working .my supervisors and col-workers are very kind to me
Good job
Admitting Registrar/Bed Controls (Former Employee) –  White Plains, NYMay 13, 2018
Great place to work, enjoyed the day to day work. Enjoyed the training and atmosphere there. The managers are very helpful and will work with you to help you excel.
Exceptional place to work
3F Step Down ICU Nurse Technician (Current Employee) –  White Plains, NYMay 8, 2018
Great staff and management to work with like family. Always improving ways to better staff members in their upward scale to success and job longevity.
difficult job
CARE MANAGER (Former Employee) –  White Plains, NYMay 2, 2018
many hours worked, stressful, poor work -life balance, poor management, going through many changes that made it hard for the day to day routine to be accurate,
White Plains
Central Sterile Technician (Former Employee) –  White Plains, NYApril 29, 2018
White plains hospital was the first hospital to become a very educated Central Sterile Tech. I also met my wife here on the job. I would recommend people to come here.
productive
Full time Employee (Current Employee) –  New York, NYApril 23, 2018
Fast paced, high stress environment with a team base approach. Always encouraged to take your break. There is no patient to nurse ratio and assignemnts is not base on acuity.
Pros
break is encouraged
Cons
no patient to nurse ratio in the emergency dept
Very secure job
Admin Assistant to the Director Breast Imaging (Former Employee) –  White Plains, NYApril 18, 2018
Was happy to be an employee there and to have learned what I did. I was relied on to help out in many capacities and worked with many devoted and capable people.
n/a
Registered Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  White Plains, NYApril 16, 2018
The most enjoyable part of my job is learning about my patients. A typical day is really busy. There are rooms that always need attending and patients that need to be seen. All information is documented in the EMR and reviewed at each visit.
Nice place to work
Payroll Coordinator (Current Employee) –  White Plains, NYApril 14, 2018
I enjoy going to work everyday. the employees are helpful if needed. the hours are sometimes longer with an occasional weekend in my position but not too terrible.
Wph
Magnet Associate (Former Employee) –  White Plains, NYApril 11, 2018
White Plains Hospital is a local community hospital in White Plains, NY. White Plains Hospital, does not give unemployment to their terminated employees regardless of length of employment.
typical day at work
Surgical Coordinator/Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  White Plains, NYMarch 30, 2018
Loved my job, had great relationships with the patients, New management, had no experience and I believe that they wanted to put their own staff and replace the preexisting staff.
Incredible
Medical Assistant Float (Current Employee) –  Westchester, NYMarch 21, 2018
White plains hospital is a community based hospital that takes pride in their staff and culture. They give ample amount of time to train and commmunication is present through every encounter.
Great supervisor/intern experience
Student Clinician (Current Employee) –  White Plains, NYMarch 19, 2018
I had the pleasure of working in the speech pathology department as a student intern. The ladies there take the time to explain unfamiliar information, while allowing you to explore learning independently,
White Plains Hospital is a great place to work.
Patient Material Transport Coordinator (Current Employee) –  White Plains, NYMarch 16, 2018
Overall, I am please to be a part of the WPH Family. Career advancement/opportunity would be the only reason that I would leave. Recently there have been an influx of staff and leadership leaving for other opportunities which is a little concerning.
Cons
Compensation
productive
Hospitality Center Manager Buyer (Current Employee) –  White Plains, NYMarch 4, 2018
very clean, the staff are very friendly and caring.
Food can be expensive. They have a large amount of volunteers working at the hospital assisting the employee's.
Pros
great food
Cons
food is a bit expensive for the adverage worker
Good and Bad
Emergency Department RN (Current Employee) –  White Plains, NYMarch 2, 2018
Great staff/People to work with
Demands a lot from staff
Needs more staff members to be hired
Some great Managers and Not so great just like everywhere else
Emergency Department great atmosphere