White Plains Hospital
66Average

White Plains Hospital Employee Reviews

United States190 reviews
An OK place to work.
There isn’t really much job security and if you aren’t a nurse or doctor they don’t care about you as much. The benefits are great, the work environment is clean. Most departments are very unorganized
Benefits
Cons
No job security
Okay
White plains hospital was a decent place to work. Less transparent than they claim to be. They hide information from employees. Poor communication from management although they claim otherwise.
Great place to start but move up don’t get stuck I was a loyal worker and lost my way after a while I’m currently a nurse now but the micromanaging
Managers micro manage to much and once you try to move up in the company they give you the run around you have to do it behind there backs but that’s what made me leave. It’s who you know that will get you somewheres in the hospital. People work in fear that any little thing can go wrong and that’s your job on the line which it makes sense but you can’t work in fear. The doctors are amazing ooverall you always learn from them if your willing.
great co workers
lack of communication between departments
Under staffed

feel like you should be paid more for the amount of nonsense one deals with.

Very Flexible Hrs

Very understanding and helpful with family emergencies
Good place to work. Nice coworkers, good management. Equipment is up to date. One of the better hospitals in westchester county. Expanding at a very high rate.
Care to share?
Help people considering your employer. Share your experience.
Overall
Working at this job I gained so much experience and appreciation for the medical field. I love working with people but this job lacks in making sure all employees are well trained in every field to provide exceptional care.
Exceptional 5-I is a great team
Exceptional 5-I staff Nurses, doctors, nurse managers and assistant managers are fantastic. The hospital as a whole is very appreciative of all staff and find ways to make every employee feel special
Great hospital
This hospital is constantly growing and the staff is phenomenal. They provide exceptional care to their patients. Always greeted with a smile by the staff.
RN Operating Room
This was an excellent travel assignment. They are extremely organized and prepared for all their cases. Top notch facility and staff. Wouldn’t hesitate to return in the future.
I just a temporary employee
I work a temp employee. It's a great location for me being on public transportation. I'm always busy which I like. But the work environment can be toxic and chaotic. Can be more organized. Management is weak.
Good benefits
I learned a lot working at the White Plains Hospital. If you were working with a friendly nurse they were willing to teach and give advice as well as work as a team.
Management bad
The tech does not get along, Management bad Does not know what she's doing the ultrasound department is sacks. The vice president of the hospital is dumb like a rock, doctor palumbo
Pros
No pros
Cons
Bad working there Sucks
Good place to work and gain experience
good to gain the experience to move to a better place in the same field since there its no place for advance in this organization , need more improve in the management side ,
Not a bad place to work
White Plains Hospital will help you achieve your goals. Very family oriented. Management is not the best though. Very rarely they will look out for you.
We are a 5 star hospital
Great organization to work and we are exceptional extremely proud to be part of the team. Great benefits. It’s all about patient care and bringing the services to the patient
Make sure to cover your track in everything you do with your work.
They found ways to get rid of me at the job. I was given work that was actually upper management. For example, scheduling the monthly calendar for the department. My office manager was given work to do and I would end up doing her work for her.
No longer a community hospital.
The hospital is no longer run like a community hospital that looks out for the little guy. They no longer treat employees like they are important and valued, but instead disposable if one doesn't comply with their mentality. The patient is no longer what is important, but instead keeping the doctors as happy as possible to generate as much money as humanly possible is. The compensation is good, they do compete with neighboring hospitals.
Cool
Cool that's just how I feel great experience. I want to expand my talents as I progress as a young professional. I would recommend White Plains Hospital to a friend.
Productive place and the environment its peaceful to work
A perfect place to work I learn a lot from them, they're very professional
peaceful environment you feel we all are a family member. treating patience and the people that works there with respect and value
admin is not fair
If you are not cool with administration you will not get anywhere here.
They work you to the core and don't pay you enough for what you do. If you show them you know what you are doing and willing to do more then they will REALLY work you.

Salary increase=NEVER
Great Place to Work
White Plains hospital cares about their employees work balance. The work place culture is very diverse. Management allows you to voice your concerns regarding the department you work in.
Pros
Friendly, professional, staff. They have a yearly BBQ for staff, give pies for Thanksgiving, and you have a great work environment.
Cons
Cafeteria prices are too high.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at White Plains Hospital. Our community is ready to answer.