White Sands Treatment Center Employee Reviews

Horrible company
Counselor (Former Employee) –  Plant City, FLApril 2, 2019
White Sands is the worst, most unethical agency I've ever worked for in my 11 year career. They have ZERO loyalty to their employees, and are constantly laying off staff to save a dime. They give their employees no notice, you just come to work and find your belongings haphazardly stuffed in a box in the parking lot. They even steal the money you'd earned from your vacation time and Christmas bonus.

White Sands doesn't care about their patients, other than to make money off of them. We never had clinical meetings other than to discuss documentation, never what we could to better serve our patients. They really offered no supervision, training, or guidance at all.

There was no inter-departmental communication at all despite requests. BHT staff didn't talk to clinical, clinical didn't talk to medical, and nobody talked to administration.

Lately they've taken to renting out rooms like a hotel for a group of boxers, on site. This tells you everything you need to know about the integrity and ethics of this agency.
Pros
Pay was decent but I make more now at another agency
Cons
No job security
Only benefit is they pay well
Counselor (Current Employee) –  Plant City, FLMarch 1, 2019
Worked there for two years. Management is completely disconnected from their employees and not even pretend to care about employees' well-being. It is all about how things look/appear, not what is best for the patients. Atmosphere is chaotic and constantly changing. Few coworkers can be trusted. Office politics can be overwhelming. There are no retirement benefits. They lay people off as soon as the workload slows down, so there is minimal job security. Too many ethical violations to mention here.
Pros
Great pay, free dental and vision insurance
Cons
No retirement benefits, toxic environment, terrible management
Could be a five star business if.....
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Plant City, FLFebruary 11, 2019
If this company actually hired a real decorator and a real construction company to come in and remodel the entire place correctly the place could look amazing. Asbestos? Why does it have to seem like it’s a secret Boxers and family live on property? Your staff work hard for you. Show them appreciation. Hold a meeting and talk to them. Introduce yourselves. I marked that I don’t approve of the CEO due to not knowing who he or she is. Kind of sad in such a small company.
Pros
Pay and co-workers. Previous ADON
Cons
Not enough team work between teams. Secretive, old and dirty, seeing who I work for but never knowing them or their intentions.
Awesome Teamwork and compassionate staff
LPN (Current Employee) –  Fort Myers, FLFebruary 2, 2019
I currently work for White sands and it’s like having another family. Schedules are flexible coworkers are great!
Our staff has so much compassion for our patients and patients are always put first.
If you are looking for a cheerful and happy work environment this is your place.
Pros
Teamwork
Cons
Healthcare Beni fits could be better
Not a good place to work.
Discharge Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Plant City, FLJanuary 12, 2019
The management was terrible and the communication between departments and from manager to staff was the worst I have ever experienced at any job I've had before. Lots of shadiness and deceit. Most staff walks around on eggshells, never knowing if they will have a job the next day. No one works as a team and most people there are not there for the patients. Everyone is for self and constantly throwing each other under the bus, especially management. Whats sad is the patients are ultimately the ones who pay the price. They also will not pay out PTO when you leave, weather you resign or get fired. Never had a company do that before.
Pros
The Pay
Cons
No Breaks, Can not trust anyone in management.
Lead Behavioral Health Technician (Current Employee) –  Plant City, FLNovember 9, 2018
I come in get a briefing from the supervisor and then get my assignment for the day. I interact with the client's by saying hello and asking how their day is going. I then proceed to my work area and begin to do room checks and a mandatory headcount of where the clients are. If the clients aren't in group I begin to encourage them to go to group the best way possible. The joy of my job is interacting with the clients and bringing hope to them by encouraging them to continue on their journey to the ultimate goal of sobriety...
Pros
Being able to see the reward of people focusing on getting their lives back in order.
Cons
Knowing that some make it and some relapse..
I loved the DON/ADON and my co-workers
LPN (Former Employee) –  Fort Myers, FL 33907September 10, 2018
I loved the DON/ADON and my co-workers were great and I always new that I could count on the other staff and the management and they always made it be a good place to come into work.
Pros
atmosphere/staff and managment
Cons
pay
Drug and alcohol treatment facility
PRN Registered Nurse/Charge (Current Employee) –  Fort Myers, FLMarch 27, 2018
Nights are especially super fast paced. Lots of admits to save the company money for airline flights in from all over the US. Doing better on hiring PRN staff to cover call outs. Have to work nights first then if a day position opens seniority gets it. Like anywhere it is the strength of the team thats on that day or night.
Pros
You name your schedule if PRN
Cons
Can be stressful, dealing with addiction patients
Great Hours great pay
Lead BHT (Former Employee) –  Ft. Myers, FLDecember 11, 2017
Great hours if you work 1st shift and have family typical day consist of getting reports from last shift reporting to your lead, and getting your assignment for the day. This changes constantly which makes for a fast day. While working there management was excellent until they changed it. Workplace culture was great lots of good team players. The job is easy requires strong mindset as your dealing with clients that are mentally ill. Job hours are excellent if your are working 1st shift and have family.
Pros
Compensation Work/Life balance
Cons
I loved working with the patients
Behavioral Health Technician (Former Employee) –  Fort Myers, FLNovember 15, 2017
I loved working with the patients and the nurses. The nurses were incredible and very helpful. The patients just needed someone to talk to you and not feel like they were in locked up. Working with the team members was like who is better than who. Not very team players just how to move you out of the way so I can show how hard I work type thing. I am a team player I love to have fun at work as long as the rules and protocols are as followed. When I see a team member having trouble I try to help as much as I can. I want to see the patients feel welcome and learn how to cope and live drug free.
Pros
working with patients
Cons
lack of communication with coworkers
Excellent place to work
Charge RN (Former Employee) –  Fort Myers, FLAugust 20, 2017
I only left this position due to having to relocate. This was a very laid-back, yet extremely rewarding position. The management is excellent! I miss this place every day!
overly worked
BEHAVIORAL HEALTH TECHNICIAN (Former Employee) –  Ft. Myers, FLAugust 11, 2017
Unorganize in the staff support, not the best pay compared to ther similar facilities. Many opportunities for hiding of substances from patients. your babysitting
fantastic, healing focused treatment center
Therapist intern (Current Employee) –  Ft. Myers FlMay 22, 2017
Of the treatment centers I have been exposed to, this is the most therapeutic one I have encountered. The staff is truly concerned with patient well-being, and do not view them as profit. The surroundings are lavish, and everyone functions as a team.
Pros
Beautiful surroundings, phenomenal staff, geared towards healing not profit motivated.
Cons
None to be found
being a beavioral heatlh tech
Behavioral Health Technician (Current Employee) –  Fort Myers, FLDecember 16, 2016
A typical day at work for me is that I get my assignment, and I'll talk with clients to see how they are doing. Through the years I have learned that it can be very rewarding to help other who are dealing with their drug and alcohol problem. I have a great management team who are fair and allow you to be successful at what we do. My co-worker are also great we work well together as a team, and I feel comfortable with them. The hardest part of my job is when the client is leaving to go home after completion of the program. The most enjoyable part of my job is when the clients start to look good after coming to the program after using substance abuse.
Pros
Helping other
Cons
not being able to save them all
Poor Job Security and Upper Management
Behavioral Health Technician (Former Employee) –  Fort Myers, FLJuly 16, 2015
At White Sands you are hired at a good pay rate, but do not see any pay advancement when promoted or at the end of years time. Direct supervisor was awesome, but administration was sneaky and deceitful. Many employees were in violation of company policy on many occasions, but got no more than a verbal warning. Some of your coworkers are going to be around for life, while others try and find ways to make you look bad, to make themselves look better. Many of them do not like to work as a team. Other departments included. The only hard part of the job was knowing that if you even look at someone in a weird way you could quite possibly get fired, and dealing with coworkers and management whom have never worked in this field or have run a company such as this one. Their main concern was filling beds and keeping numbers high. The only good part of the job was helping clients into a new chapter of their lives and some of your coworkers will become friends for life.
Fun Environment
Behavioral Health Technician (Former Employee) –  Naples, FLJuly 15, 2015
they are still a new establishment still have some kinks that need to be worked out. Mangement needs to work on being on the same page, and consistency. They also need to work on having the employees back. they expect for you to put the best that you can but your job can be at jeopordy very easily, no sense of job security.
Too many dysfunctional issues to address here
support services (Former Employee) –  Fort Myers, FLSeptember 22, 2014
Revolving door, lack of professional standards, medical neglect.......

Ask a question about working or interviewing at White Sands Treatment Center. Our community is ready to answer.

White Sands Treatment Center Reviews by Location