Whiteface Lodge

Working at Whiteface Lodge: 25 Reviews

United States25 reviews

managementworkfreegreatplaceworkingstaffjob

Small town work environment

Upper management was a pain, the managers who directly managed the different departments and worked with the staff where generally awesome. The Lodge has been investigated by the New York labor department, and checks are being sent out to employees who were underpaid...

Pros

Free lunches

Cons

Very hands on

Fantastic Experience

I enjoyed all of my time at the Whiteface Lodge. I was able to develop a spectrum of skills and gain valuable knowledge. Hours were great, management was great, and benefits are great. They also serve staff meals which are a huge perk for those with a busy lifestyle.

Pros

Free staff meals, great pay, friendly environment, lots of valuable skills to learn, opportunities for growth

Whiteface Lodge insights

What people like
  • Clear sense of purpose
  • Ability to meet personal goals
Areas for improvement
  • Inclusive work environment
  • Overall satisfaction
  • Time and location flexibility

Great Place to work

have worked here for 5 years and although some changes in management it's still an amazing place to work. Vey competitive pay and amazing benefits with a great atmosphere

Beautiful building but not the managers

Management is falling apart and people are leaving. No one feels appreciated and it's a depressing place to work. HR does nothing to help. There are some good people still there but it's kinda clickie like high school.

Dead end carrier point

After working over 5 years for this company, a new manager came in to fire me once I complained about coworkers not following CDC protocols about Covid-19.

Pros

Free lunch

Cons

Long shifts and no appreciation

Overall, horrible place to work.

Any position at the WFL is terrible. Management is horrible, you are forced to work long stretches like 12-13 days in a row with 1 day off and then do it again. Asking for days off is a nightmare, it is rarely approved. But managers have their vacations and days of and set work schedules and never work long stretches. When guests have issues or complaints the managers don't come out to deal with it, they let you get yelled at and "deal" with the guests. Also the owners are horrendous. They think that they literally own the whole place, and get very upset when we can't break rules for them or let them do whatever they want.

Pros

Free stay for employee

Cons

Everything else

Consistently busy, great guests and great management

It was a change of scenery compared to what I am used to, but one of the most rewarding jobs I've ever had. The property is also beautiful to look at.

Pros

Great health insurance, overtime pay on holidays

Cons

When it gets busy, it can be difficult to find help, you have to be good at multitasking.

Look for something else

If you are female do NOT expect to be able to move up! This place may have changed with the newest owners, but while I was there, any female in the kitchen that wanted to move up, was bullied, made to feel belittled, and the more you fought, the worse it became!

Pros

You won’t regret working there

I read other reviews about working at Whiteface Lodge and they compelled me to leave my opinion. When it comes to poor reviews all I can say is negative and grumpy people will always find something to complain about and do what they can to deflect blame away from themselves. Whiteface Lodge is a fun place to work, pay is competitive, management treats their staff well, facilities are in great condition and benefits are affordable and better than what is offered by most employers in the area.

Bad place to work

The management is by far the worst thing about the Whiteface Lodge. No one leaves the office except to complain or nag or demand something or you. There's some favoritism that gets out of hand. The pay is ridiculously low for Lake Placid ESPECIALLY for a 'four' star hotel. It shouldn't even have 4 stars. The place is disgusting. No one properly cleans the public spaces. The housekeepers can only do so much. They were honestly fine. I got along with all of them. It was the management. They're rude and childish. Worst management of my life. Will message on facebook and harass/guilt trip you to come in to work. Usually can't get a requested day off unless you're a favorite.

what its really like to work for this place

the first week was great but after that it got super bad with management they dont help at all only bark orders at you and if you talk back boy do they get real mad. Place definitely has favorites and you will quickly find out who they are. the housekeeping managers only care about themselves they will run you into the ground before they even lift a finger(or get their butts out of their chair). Managers promise your requests for days off then never gives it to you. very low pay compared to other hotels in the area but they say they have competitive wages! what a joke! The only good thing about working here is the co workers they are amazing.

Fun place to work with a lot going on

This was my first time as a hostess so it was new, but everyone there was more than helpful with any questions I had. There were patient and kind to me when starting this new job.

Enjoyed my co-workers

Whiteface Lodge was a great place to work. Made many friends, job had the ability to be faced paced and stressful. Would recommend to anyone looking for work.

Pros

Great hours and co-workers

Cons

Short breaks

Great place if you are ready and willing to work hard

Great place to work, lots of benefits. Most people are team players and having meals for staff made fresh daily is a big perk. It is somewhat strict environment but that does not mean it is not a fun place to work.

Fast paced competitive hospitality

great teamwork, responsive management, long days if working multiple positions. fun but stressful environment, great guest interactions.good pay. flexible with hours.

Pros

free meals

Cons

short breaks

awesome place to work

i worked here during college and it was more than enough money for a part time job. They are also very accommodating a college student. Summers are busy, be prepared to run.

Fun boats, free food

I drove guests in one of three boats, the 22 foot air natique, 24 foot pontoon boat, or the 30 foot hackercraft. Sometimes it was a lot of fun with the guests, but other times they were difficult. Also, I could order what ever i wanted from the grill menu for lunch for free.

Fun and exciting every day. The beauty of the area.

In working with the public and staff everyday can sometimes a little challenging. Working towards a goal so that most times every one is happy.

Pros

Respectful of each other. Open door policy to the GM

Cons

Long hours at times

fun and innovated place to work

learn something new every day with different product and cooking techniques. busy during the summer and holiday seasons. most enjoyable part of this job was learning about new product and working with it.

Pros

full benefits

Cons

low pay

Upscale Resort

High end resort with Great Amenities for its guests, the best part of working there is the feeling of working with your family. The staff there form a bond that is Amazing. The Hardest part of the job can be when the guest are very demanding.

Pros

Free Lunch, Great Employee parties, Good Pay

Cons

Working Every Holiday and weekend

Productive and fun work environment

I have really enjoyed working here. Everyone is pleasant to work with and always has a smile on their face. I have gotten advanced training by both my co-workers and Redken educators.

Pros

Free lunch!

Cons

Working holidays, but it is a resort

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Whiteface Lodge. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.5 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits

Whiteface Lodge Reviews by Location

Learn about Whiteface Lodge in popular locations

• Whiteface Lodge
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?