Whittier City School District Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
After school program is alot of work and stress.
Group Leader (Former Employee) –  Whittier, CANovember 9, 2017
I worked for the district but was a group leader for the afterschool program so I'm only rating the after school program because they have their own staff and management. I'm sure other positions are pleasant to work for the district but if your applying for any after school positions good luck. Would not recommend this job unless you enjoy poor Management. No room for advancement and they have so much favoritism hard work does not pay off. The hourly pay is not worth al the work and stress you have to go trough.
Pros
You have weekends off and major holidays.
Cons
Overall not a good environtment.
Na
art teacher (Former Employee) –  Whittier, CAMay 15, 2017
a typical day at work would include going to 3 different classrooms located at the same school. Most students are very excited to participate in an art project.
Wonderful place to work
Substitute Teacher (Current Employee) –  Whittier, CAMarch 28, 2017
Great support from teachers and schools. Students are hard workers and the parents give great support. The schools have great technology support such as ipads for each students and apple TV's in each classrooms.
Pros
Support
Cons
Rewards with achieving smooth transitional goals with each student
Special Educational Aide (Former Employee) –  Whittier, CANovember 27, 2016
Working at Whittier City School District the pay was not so great even though I was working awhile I was never made a perm position to the school district. The staff was great.
Pros
Not such long hours, learning new ways of education along with developing new ideas to implement
Cons
never any chance for advancement
Community Liaison
Community Liaison (Former Employee) –  Whittier, CANovember 14, 2016
Wonderful work environment. My supervisor has retired since I was last employed there. Her kindness and genuine concern for students at Phelan Elementary school was something to be admired.
Very Professional environment
Substitute Teacher (Current Employee) –  WhittierNovember 10, 2016
I was a substitute teacher and taught in several schools. Administrators and teachers treated me with kindness and professionalism.
The hard part about this job was that I didn't get to have a set community or team to really work with.
Productive Surroundings
Custodian (Current Employee) –  Whittier, CAJanuary 14, 2016
Enjoy working with students and staff. Love learning day by day as everyday is different. The work and staff are the most enjoyable part of the job.
Fun happy atmosphere
Food Service Worker (Former Employee) –  Whittier, CAMarch 27, 2015
My day only consists of 3 hours, completed all tasks assigned to me, served lunch and cleaned up kitchen area. Made sure all was tidy for next business day
Pros
free lunch
Cons
not enough hours
Enjoyed working with the public, students and staff..
Clerk II - Library/Media Center (Former Employee) –  Whittier, CAJune 9, 2014
Answered phones, operate library/media center; performed a variety of clerical work such as typing, data entry, filing, Excel and MS Word; assisted students and staff with the use of the library; record keeping techniques; order, process, distribute and maintained records on the library materials; establish and maintained effective relationships with staff.
Pros
Customer service and helping others.
Cons
Laid off due to District Budge Cuts.
Productive, fun, and rewarding
Severe Handicap Instructional Aide (Former Employee) –  Whittier, CAJune 6, 2014
Providing students with 1 to 1 support and direct care in a classroom setting. Assisting students with transition, center time, circle time, implementing behavior plans, attending IEP's, and providing the teacher with support. The most enjoyable part of this job was making a difference in the student and families lives.
Pros
Vacation Break
Cons
Long vacation breaks

Want to know more about Whittier City School District?

Ask a question
Substitute Teacher in a Classroom Setting
Substitute Teacher (Current Employee) –  Whittier, CAApril 18, 2013
Teachers always leave well-detailed lesson plans and materials.
Daily work can vary from Grades K-6 classrooms to SH/SDC Classrooms.
The most enjoyable part of the job is making the difference in children's lives on a daily basis and learning new methods of teaching on a daily basis.
Pros
decent pay.
Cons
not steady work/can be busy at times, other times, there is no work available.
A very nice place to work at!
Teacher (Current Employee) –  Whittier, CAApril 13, 2012
WCSD has taught me to be flexible and to look for solutions to unexpected problems. I have made true friendships with my co-workers. The most enjoyabe part of my job was seeing the smiling face of students learn!
Graet company many oppurtunities
group leader (Current Employee) –  Whittier, CaliforniaMarch 7, 2012
i worked here for five years love my job. Great job if your are trying to finish school.