Whittier Health Network Employee Reviews

Don't work here
CNA/Caregiver (Former Employee) –  Haverhill, MAMay 7, 2018
I worked at Whittier rehab in Haverhill/Bradford MA as a full-time CNA 11-7 shift. We were always understaffed it felt like, more than a few times it was 1 CNA to 40 rehab pts. I also got blamed many times for not doing something that wasn't even my job, it was the nurses job. The employees talk behind your back to other people , it honestly felt like high school but all the older people were the ones behaving that way.
Employee (Current Employee) –  Haverhill, MAMay 4, 2018
Great people to work with, collaborative, and very supportive. No place is perfect and behaviorial health is hard no matter where you work. Staff work well together and work hard to help the individuals seeking services.
Pros
Great people
Cons
Benefits could be better
Nightmare place to work
Maintenance Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Bradford, MAApril 26, 2018
Worse place to work worse health care benefits worse pay worse administration the Witther health company is a fraud for the employees and the residents worse
Fast paced
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Marion, MAMarch 24, 2018
I worked at sippican in Marion , I loved my residents and made many friends, yes it gets hectic especially in the morning and especially when people call out but we work together and get things done , I left because I had 2 jobs and decided to work at the one close to home but I recommend this facility and would definitely go back
Pros
The people
Cons
Have to be 40 hours to be full time
Miserable work environment
Floor care specialist (Former Employee) –  Haverhill, MAMarch 23, 2018
All Whittier rehab are horrible I've never seen management like this. They underpay the employees and ask so much from them. It would be fine to pay little and give the employees space but nope they like to pay you so little and wipe the floor with you! You also have like 20 bosses everyone likes to play boss they always have somthing to say too! I rather be homeless then work them! They are just in it for the money honey they don't care about the residents the food is like jail food! Where is all the money going? Not to the employees not the residents😂
Pros
Cons
To manny bosses bad pay they only money honey not the employees not the residents!
Poor Management/Stressful Work Environment
Dietary (Former Employee) –  Westborough, MAMarch 22, 2018
The Whittier management team only works to benefit themselves and employees tend to suffer in this facility with short staffing issues and no consequences to rude behavior. Multiple employees have reported that PILB changes and raises are often very late and slow to process. Favoritism is high in this facility. Instead of working as a collaborative, multidisciplinary team for the patients, staff chooses to be disrespectful to those in other departments.
Good place to get your foot in the door, but good luck staying for over a few months to a year.
Great facility to work at
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Ghent, NYMarch 21, 2018
New administrator who is bringing fun and enjoyment into the work place. Management that is looking at unique opportunities to balance personal and profession life. Great staff who are invested in giving good care to the residents. Actively recruiting new team members who share the vision of being the premier care facility in the area to work at. Competitive salaries with lots of opportunities for professional growth. Come check us out, you will like what you see.
Pros
Competitive salary, room for advancement, new management who care about their employees, small town community "feel", no mandation
Cons
Lack of computer technology in building
Not a good place
LPN (Former Employee) –  Ghent, NYMarch 5, 2018
Place sucked. Never work here. People will tell you anything to get you to take the job. Once there none of its true!! Constantly looking over your shoulder.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Unfriendly dog eat dog enviroment
Former housekeeping supervisor
Housekeeping Supervisor (Former Employee) –  HaverhillFebruary 7, 2018
Horrible exp. they have there favorites especially that director of environmental who isn’t there anymore. Back stabber. If u are any threat and can do a better job than there favorites. U will be targeting.
Pros
Nine
Cons
Pay leadership
Worst place ever to work
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Newburyport, MADecember 31, 2017
Rude aministraton, as a CNA we worked 2 aids to 40 residents more often then not then were forced to work 11-7 cause an aid called out. They pay zip and the health insurance has a deductable. They do not care about the employees. The resides are who brings in the money and I do not think they have their best interests. Residents are not well cared for, espically if you are short staffed.
Pros
Cons
Too many to list
Do not work in this company
Menu / Nutrition Specialist (Former Employee) –  Westborough, MADecember 20, 2017
"Whittier is the most horrible company to work for. Corporate, administration and HR are the nastiest liars and will say anything to to trick their employees"
Low pay scale, lacking proper training and qualified people
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Sippican, Marion, MANovember 7, 2017
This is a company where the paycheck does not match the job responsibilities. They are so far behind the times with their technology that it's sometimes very difficult to do the simpliest of tasks to get your job done. They are always understaffed because most employees are unhappy and end up quitting yet management doesn't seem to care. They have a revolving door with their new hires. They need to address the fact that they can't hold onto their employees. Training is very limited and when you ask for help you don't get it and are pretty much left to try and figure it out on your own. Benefits are offered but they are not that great. Health insurance has a huge deductible, 401K is not company matched, vacation accrual is okay if you can get your time off approved. (Some people get lots of time off even when they have no vacation/sick time left, yet others get denied time off when they have it available.) I gave the job a year hoping it would get better but unfortunately it did not.
Pros
There are none.
Cons
Low pay, poor training, lousy benefits
Whittier: Horrible Place To Work
n/a (Former Employee) –  Ghent, NYNovember 4, 2017
Whittier is the most horrible company to work for. Corporate, administration and HR are the nastiest liars and will say anything to to trick their employees..They lie about salary and are only concerned about saving money and not getting sued. The nursing team, is nasty and the director of nursing blames his own disgraceful failures on everyone else. The people in general are nasty and unfriendly. Whittier is a company that is falling apart, with the most ridiculous turnover rate. That's because they don't care about their employees and once people realize that, they leave. Whittier is a disgraceful place, so don't work there.
Pros
There are no pros to working at Whittier.
Cons
Poor salary, poor management, poor corporate leadership, nasty employees, a corporate and administrative team that lies constantly to their employees.
Don’t Work With ThisCompany
Human Resources Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bradford, MANovember 2, 2017
Poor Company to work for. Lack of Caring for the employees and hiding problems. Leadership lacks ethics and the Good Old Boy Culture reigns. No constantancy for firing employees all depending on the whim of the DON and HRM. New grads do not sign contract it will cause you grief.
Horrible, unsafe place to work
RN Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  Haverhill, MAOctober 3, 2017
I have never worked in such awful conditions before. Nursing management does not know what they are doing, we were overworked and so many med errors occurred. The place is crawling with insects, patients are restrained instead of being redirected and actually helped. The place is a revolving door, addicts just return a few days later, psych patients are released when they are not ready at all to go back into society. There is no security, staff is hurt a lot there. If you are a new nurse, stay away! There is no training, you might as well just hand in your nursing license now because you will make an error and there will be no one there to help you or advise you. Worst experience of my life!

This place should be shut down.
Management is unethical
RN (Former Employee) –  Haverhill, MAAugust 31, 2017
serious issues at WRH. Medication errors covered up by management, repeatedly & e.g.. serious omissions -Anti seizure med not given for several days. Wrong cardiac meds given by multiple nurses before error noticed & nothing ever investigated. Horrible conditions for RNs, worst place I ever worked. Never went home from work feeling proud of the fact that I worked there.
Friendly Inviting Workers
Patient Accounts Clerk (Former Employee) –  Haverhill, MAAugust 9, 2017
Whittier is all about getting the job done and getting it done correctly. Everything is reviewed to make sure things are done right. If a co worker may have trouble, the staff was very open and happily to assist them.
Pros
simple work
Cons
a lot of paper
Ordinary nursing home
Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Framingham, MAJuly 16, 2017
Routine based on residents needs, good team work but still challenging to keep up all the duties in place.
I believe the best part of the job is the differential on weeknights.
Pros
Break
Cons
Short staff at sometimes
Negative experience!
Accounts Payable Clerk (Former Employee) –  Haverhill, MAJuly 15, 2017
After working there I came to the conclusion that if you are a family member of the owners that you matter and if not you don't. I had hardly any real training in a very fast chaotic office. The pay was under and they don't have a matching 401K. However the owners were raking in the dough and enjoying cigars while we worked our butts off. I only wish I had seen all these negative reviews before I made my decision.
Pros
Horrible people to work for
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Bradford, MAJuly 13, 2017
The owners do not care about employees at all and violate a number of state laws. If you don't mind being mistreated and under paid, this place is for you.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Whittier Health Network. Our community is ready to answer.

1.8