Whole Foods Market Employee Reviews

Found 6,179 reviews matching the search See all 6,433 reviews
Productive/fun experience
Team Member (Current Employee) –  Gloucester, MAJuly 16, 2018
I love the team work and capability of having your voice heard. Good work structure. Very comfortable to get situated and give you a great opportunity to build you skills.
Hard Work but great staff
Associate Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Greensboro, NCJuly 16, 2018
Pros: environment that emphasized growth opportunities, hip industry information, great co-workers, free samples, 20% + discount

Cons: worked very hard, new mandated programs that feel impossible to achieve, walked all day on concrete floors
Cool place to work if you're in college or in between careers.
Fish Processor (Former Employee) –  Pasadena, CAJuly 16, 2018
Honestly the company as a whole is great place not much advancement a'lot of favorites makes it hard to advance. Managment sucks in the seafood dept..
Pros
Discounts, free food
Cons
Smell like fish all the time
Structured Work Environment
Assistant Store Team Lead (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLJuly 16, 2018
Whole Foods is a very team oriented company. They have an amazing training processes, and stores are just breath taking. Love how they are partnered with Amazon now as well.
Good College job, not enough to live off of Part time.
Customer Service Team Member (Current Employee) –  Winter Park, FLJuly 16, 2018
This is a great job if you are in college, however, if you support yourself, it is hard to live off of the part-time hours. By far the most annoying thing is the requirement of full-time availability to work in a full-time position. Basically, if you want full-time, they can schedule you whenever, you cannot give any preference to your hours.
Pros
Discount, ability to advance
Cons
Little opportunity to advance for college students, always under schedules for shifts, meaning scheduled team members have to work exceptionally hard during the day.
nice place to work
Team Member/Supervisor/Buyer/Leadership (Former Employee) –  Alexandria, VAJuly 16, 2018
This is a nice place to work...recommend to others looking for grocery job...team oriented...feedback driven...positive work environment...high level of autonomy
Simple
Cook/Prep (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 16, 2018
A typical day is doing your job no matter the management or coworker, provide the best customer service you can.
I learned better knife work skills and how to use a meat slicer and meat grinder.
Management differed per section some were great some were awful
20% discounts, exceptoional benefits
Specialty cheese retail (Former Employee) –  Charlestown, MAJuly 15, 2018
Great place; though flexibility you seek will be traded for stifled advancement opportunities. It really depends on which location you work at, and WHO you work with. The vibe is different: go to the Charlestown store, and feel the vibe; look at the expressions on customers and workers faces. Now do the same at the Lynnfield store...totally different experience. Choose wisely.
Pros
benefits, Personal Wellness account, 20% discount
Cons
flexibility, advancemet opportunities
Ok place to work.
Store Artist (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAJuly 15, 2018
TM happiness not high on WFM's list of priorities. Retail is a dying industry. Benefits are OK. Health care not bad. 401K match almost non-existent.
Sometimes Stressful and Fast Paced, Sometimes not
Dishwasher (Current Employee) –  Clearwater, FLJuly 15, 2018
Worked as a dishwasher and the amount of work that had to be done was highly varied depending on the amount of customers that day. Sometimes it was highly stressful and fast paced but sometimes it was rather laid back. The company culture is good and my coworkers were always happy to help if I asked for it, including my supervisor. The higher-ups at my location were great and ran things well. Benefits were surprising good for the position I filled, but not the best in the world. Maintenance was kind of slow; it took them a while to fix the dishwasher when it had a problem. As a dishwasher at Wholefoods, I had to be prepared to take on a lot of work and had little time for breaks, but it was USUALLY manageable, though the workload could get out of hand sometimes. Decent Employee discounts on food as well, but even with the discount (20% off everything), I still find it cheaper to shop for food at other stores.

Good company culture, reasonably good benefits, VERY helpful team members, but my particular position could be stressful at times. That kind f comes with the position, however.
Pros
Company culture, decent benefits, good establishment
Cons
Sometimes hectic workload, slow responses from maintenance

Want to know more about Whole Foods Market?

Ask a question
Busy, at times slow
Cashier / Maintenance (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHJuly 15, 2018
On a typical day i am constantly cleaning and repairing things, also helping out different departments around the store.
I've learned about different foods and where the come from and our five step cage free process.
Management is okay the STL (store team leaders) could be better as far showing every one the same respect who are under them as just team members that help keep the store afloat.
Hardest part of the job is keeping out the way so no one find anything to complain about. The most enjoyable part of the job is having my own freedom not having to be in one spot all day.
A great start but defeating ending ...
Prepared Foods Team Member (Former Employee) –  Wall, NJJuly 14, 2018
They build you up as a team member train you for leadership and once you become part of the “inner circle” they expect way too much for not enough pay. No recognition or appreciate once you’ve made it to the top.
Pros
Staff
Cons
Long hours, no work life balance
disorganized management
Bakery Team Member (Former Employee) –  Darien, CTJuly 14, 2018
the management was disorganized and the staff was terrible at taking constructive criticism. the hours varied, sometimes we was short staffed. management was not in control of some departments. staffers dd what they wanted to do.
Pros
discount on purchases
Cons
short breaks, rough staff
whole foods
Food prep (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 14, 2018
It was something different, an fun. I learned a lot of new stuff. I also learned how to manage my timing an my ability working at whole foods market. I wish I can go back.
Experience
Grocery Team Leader (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WAJuly 14, 2018
Whole foods is a fun work atmosphere, but it all depends on the levels of staffing to sales that you have. During the time I worked there the mid-level sales had the best atmosphere, staffing & learning environment. The busier stores were very challenging.
Not great experience
Grocery Manager (Former Employee) –  Mill Valley, CAJuly 13, 2018
Didn't have a great experience, wouldn't recommend.

Was threatened by coworker. In the back glass recycling cabinet where you recycle broken glass, there are no cameras. Not fun wouldn't recommend.
Very Productive, fast pased
Team Member (Current Employee) –  Palm Desert, CAJuly 13, 2018
Most enjoyable part, is having customer connections. Learing about product knowledge, maintaining your designed area. Love that they have a juice and coffee bar!
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Closing at 10 during the summer
A great place to work
Customer Service Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Highlands Ranch, CO, Santa Fe, NM, Boulder, COJuly 13, 2018
Whole Foods Market is a great place to work. You can actually have fun while doing your job here. Management is usually awesome and very supportive, the pay is very competitive and the benefits are some of the best out there in the job market.
Pros
Awesome work environment
Cons
no cons
Dynamics of the company
Food Preparer (Former Employee) –  Portland, MEJuly 13, 2018
Whole foods in my opinion always had a well rounded work environment and was a desirable place to work. The grocery store was like a little community that was divided into sections according to the type of grocery. I was in the specialty department, which specialized in wine and cheeses. The day consisted of a routine setup and breakdown of windowed products and facing of wines. There was product preparations and cleaning that was to be done throughout the day as well for the following days. We had sales goals and projected sales that we always strived to achieve. The environment was a healthy and happy one, with healthy and delicious foods as the driving source. Teams worked together for the common good of the store even though it was not a requirement of the position. It brought me enjoyment to put a smile on a customers face when sampling a product, or just generally assisting them.
Pros
Great work Atmosphere
Cons
entry level positions to start
Positive company to work for
Customer service oriented cashier (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJuly 12, 2018
I liked the casual feel of all the workers. Life there felt comfortable and friendly. Managers really care and all customers and workers. Just a fun friendly working environment.
Pros
Discounts
Cons
I applied for a different job then the one i got

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Whole Foods Market. Our community is ready to answer.

52.2K
42.2K
31.3K

Women's ratings

3.2Fairygodboss Score

55%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

45%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Powered by Fairygodboss