Whole Foods Market Employee Reviews

Found 8,105 reviews matching the search See all 8,445 reviews
Cashier & sanitation
Sanitation/ Housekeeping & Cashier (Current Employee) –  Brooklyn gowanusJune 16, 2019
It's a fairly good job with good hours in the time I've been working there. There was good and bad experiences but the whole out come of the job is overall good
Pros
Good pay great coworkers
Cons
Breaks and scheduling is off
Productive and fun workplace
Cashier, stock clerk (Former Employee) –  Berkeley, CAJune 16, 2019
I enjoy the workplace and the people that i had the chance to work with. Gaining many skills that i can now use within other fields of employment. Would recommend it to anyone who would like experience.
Good pay for entry level positions, older team members and management create a toxic work environment
Team member/sales associate (Former Employee) –  Westport, CTJune 16, 2019
Good place to work. Pays well for an entry level position, and the company prefers to promote from within rather than hire outside people so there are opportunities for promotion. Culture at the stores in my area is toxic in that employees are kept on simply because they have worked there for 10+ years, despite not doing their jobs and simply collecting paychecks. Management has reached the point where they dont care too much, and depending on your level and position, expect you to give your life to the job. Overall, good pay for moderate responsibility, room for promotion, but can be a toxic work environment regarding management and older team members.
Pros
Good pay for entry level
Cons
Toxic work environment
Cool place
GROCERY STOCKER (Former Employee) –  Columbia mdJune 16, 2019
I like it.. Alot of training.. I really dont know whay else to say about it because i wasn't there in the daytime i worked nights and the night time crew was great
My Day
Cashier (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJune 16, 2019
A day at wholefoods is slow at the beginning but once lunch hour comes it gets very hectic. But it makes the day go very fast it also keeps all of us on our toes....I enjoy the customers the most a lot of them are very kind and down to earth. Management works to make things smoother for everyone so management and the team are great in my opinion!
Awesome Place to Work
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  West Des Moines, IAJune 16, 2019
Great Culture. Team Oriented. Family Oriented. A place you feel welcome. Promotes growth and opportunity. Raises community awareness. Benefits are available.
Pros
People are great. Love the benefits.
Cons
Depending on the department, you may not be able to freely move about
The store are excellent everything is fresh and it’s delicious. But being employee there is not good the higher up position are horoble.i rate the pe0
Prep food (Former Employee) –  Tempe as. and TorranceJune 15, 2019
Good inviroment to work it’s not the company the people’s work there the higher up their no mercy and they think they own the company . Specially Torrance location and Tempe arizona.what can I say that’s how I feel they mistreated me .i work so hard for that store I gave my 100 percent of my everything but they don’t care. Their heartless
Team Member (Current Employee) –  Glastonbury, CTJune 15, 2019
East to learn job with plenty of opportunities for you to move up in the company. They are flexible with availability for when you habe obligations outside of work (I.e. School, religious obligations, etc.)
Pros
Discounts, paid time-off
Productive Workplace: Great Environment
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLJune 15, 2019
While highly competitive to get a job here, once a Team Member you will feel very welcome and like working at your WFM. Being a college student, it is hard to balance class and work, but the Team Leaders and Members at Boca WFM really help you out with that. The hardest part is getting difficult customers, but that happens everywhere.
Good environment
Cashier/Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJune 14, 2019
The company is really good, love how they work with me. I recommend anyone to work there is a clean environment love how everyone treats each other with respect.
pretty good
Seafood Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Sarasota, FLJune 14, 2019
not bad at all to be honest. I really enjoyed the spirit of comraderie while working there. but you are treated very poorly by customers and upper management
Overnight baker
Overnight baker (Current Employee) –  Dublin, OHJune 14, 2019
Pay is great no experience 15/hr to start if you have experience they might pay you for it . Great environment and people very easy going yes it has it’s stressful moments but that’s a job and you get paid to do your job
Pros
Discounts pto rolls over if you don’t use it
Cons
Health care a little expensive at first
It was alot drama
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Charleston, SCJune 14, 2019
It was alot drama. Just seem everyone was in a bad mood because people are always quiting, not showing up. Some people were nice. Lack of leadership from higher up in the office.
Pros
Hetting off work
Cons
Low pay rates
Worst Job
Delivery Driver/Customer Service/prepares foods (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJune 14, 2019
Worst place to work nothing but favoritism and will let you go with no proof or evidence to back up their claims all word of mouth. Also they over work you for $15 an hour with long shifts and short breaks supervisors always threaten to get you fired if you don’t do what they say and your sick time and paid time off are all in one instead of two separate things
Pros
Cons
Toxic, disorganized, unprofessional
great place to work
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Alexandria, VAJune 14, 2019
I enjoyed being able to meet new people everyday. My coworkers were easy to get along with. My supervisors were friendly/caring and fair. That's all anyone can ask for.
Great place to work, friendly co-workers!
Meat Cutter (Current Employee) –  Plano, TXJune 14, 2019
Of my years at this company I have met some amazing people who have had a great (positive) impact in my life and overall work ethic! I have learned a ton about what good customer service really means. Everyone i have met was always enthusiastic and helpful along my employment.
Pros
Amazing staff, benifets, starting pay, and experience.
Cons
Monotonous work, lots of customer service.
Very great job awesome place to work
Prep Cook/Dishwasher (Former Employee) –  Columbia, SCJune 14, 2019
Very great job , a great place to work very great and friendly co workers. Working for this company was a great experience would love to work there again in the future.
This was one company that’s totally different
Produce Associate (Former Employee) –  Miami Beach, FLJune 13, 2019
Whole is a great company but at the same time don’t have sympathize for your personal life.or your life period...
When calling out you’re absent. If you’re sick or have the flu they don’t sympathize for you. You don’t have sick time only if you’ve been there after years. They supply your shoes to work there , discount. You must be voted in after 45 days if not you’re gone “ The management team is good service is on point but is it really worth it for 15.00 dollars far is working building a career no ... just my honest opinion
Pros
Good food, service
Cons
The work load
Great Starting Job
Admin Team Member (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CAJune 13, 2019
My position gave me the leniency to move freely from department to department, creating new adventures every day.
I really enjoy the type of customers and people who choose to work at Whole Foods. Their brand is reputable.

From what I remember it was hard to get hours, but I did appreciate the flexibility.

The hardest part of the job was the physical labor. My wrists would ache from "Facing" all the cans and products.

The best part was the people and atmosphere, who wouldn't want to work for a brand like WF?
Great Group of People
Seafood Clerk (Current Employee) –  Hyannis, MAJune 13, 2019
It didn't really matter what department you worked in. Everyone there is super nice, because it is a very relaxed environment. As long as you follow what management is telling, they will trust you to get your job done.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Whole Foods Market. Our community is ready to answer.

52.8K
42.9K
31.8K

Ratings from women

3.0InHerSight Score

2.8Personal Development

3.5Career Opportunities

2.7Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight