Whole Foods Market Employee Reviews

42.4K
31.5K
Found 6,656 reviews matching the search See all 6,927 reviews
Poor place to work
Team Member, Bridgewater (Current Employee) –  Bound Brook, NJSeptember 20, 2018
Little opportunity for advancement; poor management both at store and team level; bad team members; wanted you to have no independent thought and be an automaton; retaliation culture
Ok place to work
Bakery Team Member (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCSeptember 20, 2018
Wasn't the worst job, but also wasn't the best. Not somewhere I pictured staying long term. Just needed something for the time being since I was in school.
Its cool
Overnight Stock Associate (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXSeptember 20, 2018
Its cool, the location I am at is pretty cool. The job is pretty cool. Not a lot to say about the place but that its pretty cool to work for them and they offer alot of benefits.
Fait
Cashier/ Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Miami,FlSeptember 20, 2018
This company is fair. They just need better management in some location. More employees and less stress for the cashiers. Uphold their standards and company will be fine.
Fun place to get your feet wet in customer service and meaningful food
Demo Specialist (Former Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LASeptember 19, 2018
My time with the company was short-lived, but it was fun, I met a lot of awesome people and learned about lots of new products. Lunch could have been longer.
Pros
discounts
Cons
Short breaks, no benifits for part time
Great Place to get started
Grocery Associate (Current Employee) –  Santa Monica, CASeptember 19, 2018
I liked this company. they worked with me to make sure I could still be a student as well as an employee. My TL made sure none of my schedules overlapped. There is not a lot of job security though.
Pros
Friendly Staff
Cons
No security, high turnover rate
stayed productive
Food Service Worker (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILSeptember 19, 2018
It's not what they make it look like. But for the most part it is a nice environment to be in. you get a few snappy customers but thats customer service for you.
Great Starter into Grocery Business
Bakery ATL (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COSeptember 19, 2018
Whole Foods is an excellent place to learn the grocery business. They offer advancement opportunities on a regular basis and give reviews every 3 months that include potential raises.
This is a hands on company where you work hard and are rewarded. Whole Foods creates a fun atmosphere for every crew member. The benefits are amazing.
This company really strives to make each department accountable as if each department is a separate business. There is potential to learn a lot here.
Pros
Great Benefits
Cons
Micro management
whole is a great company to be apart of in grow with
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PASeptember 19, 2018
i am a college student , working at wholefoods was one of the best things that happened to me financially and worked around my school schedule. they provided me with benefits as well
Bakery Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCSeptember 18, 2018
Whole foods is a great company. I worked there for about 11 years. Everyday brought a different challenge. As a supervisor, I was able to work closely with the team members. As well as provide service to customers. Management is flaky, never there when you really need them. It forces you to make last minute decisions on you own.If you are blessed enough to have a well put together team, then your chances for success are great. If you have a leader who is cut throat. Then good luck with that.The benefits were great. I made more then enough to support my family. You accumulate time off the more you work. The stock options and 401 benefits have changed a lot now that amazon has stepped in. Overall, if you have a passion for food. This might be the place for you.
Pros
Paid lunch breaks
Cons
Managers never help
Okay
Front of House Team Member (Current Employee) –  Evanston, ILSeptember 18, 2018
It was okay. The perks with the extra pay for holidays as well as employee discounts & free clothing is cool. However, management communicates poorly & extra duties relating to other positions outside of the job description are bestowed upon the employees.
A Job with a little bit of everything
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Columbia, MDSeptember 18, 2018
Quartley meetings where you can win good prizes (Flat screens, bluetooth speakers, ect).

10% discount

The opportunity to accrue PTO, retirement, ect the more hours that are worked.

Meeting and working with unique vendors, trying new products

The chance to work at other WF locations in the event of a death, new store opening or special circumstance

Free Tshirts and free food during WF hot plate specials
Pros
Discounts, The best benefits around, free food/t shirts, free parking at the store even on off days, and the chance to learn new things while networking
Cons
Raises are very small, You have to pay for your travel and hotel if you decide to help open another WF store, Management is cliquey, Was told to transfer to multiple stores for the opportunity to move up
relaxed environment
Prepared Foods Team Member (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GASeptember 18, 2018
Overall day at whole foods is more relaxing than your typical job although it can be overwhelming depending on the time of year and which Location you are at. I recommend it
Pros
discounts, free lunches sometimes, laid back, employee oriented
Cons
management varies by location
An unsettling culture.
Grocery Team Member (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYSeptember 18, 2018
Wholefoods seems to advance people that are better at keeping there workers isolated, instead of bringing the, together to get jobs done better. Talking is seen as counter productive, whether or not your job is done well and quickly, even if you've decided to help others on the team. The higher ups don't take many things into consideration, at several of the Wholefoods. The theme I've seen in all the wholefoods I've been to is, the want to keep workers as separated as the could.
Pros
Many good Coworkers and a relatively easy job.
Cons
Management works too hard and ineffectively.
Whole Foods in Laguna Niguel, CA was not a good place to work.
Produce Associate (Former Employee) –  Laguna NiguelSeptember 18, 2018
If you have a disability of any kind, you will be ridiculed on a daily basis. The wrong people are in leadership. They are more out for themselves than helping employees grow. They make newcomers-especially from Amazon feel like an outsider and not welcomed. I would never set foot in a Whole Foods after this experience.
Pros
Cons
Leadership is cold and heartless.
Wholefoods
Team Member/ Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Providence, RISeptember 18, 2018
It was a great place to work, fast paced especially during holidays & snowstorm days. I worked for one of the top 10 stores in the company at University Heights, Providence,R.I.
Good job for someone in school
Maintenance supervisor (Current Employee) –  Palo Alto, CASeptember 18, 2018
I like working at wholefoods but I want more. I want a job I feel like I’m doing something that makes a difference and wholefoods I’m just working to deepen the pockets of amazon
Relaxed environment. Pleasant staff
Customer Service (Current Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 18, 2018
Whole Foods Market is a job with very pleasant employees and consumers. The job has plenty of opportunity to grow. Great versatility in skill learning. The most difficult part of the job is having to figure out which skill set is most suitable
It was a great stay working for the company
Receiving Clerk (Former Employee) –  Manhattan, NYSeptember 18, 2018
Best career career jobs I worked for whole good market is good but I was under paid I wish it was a better system..I worked the barley bakery’s station
Big changes have come to Whole Foods
Team Member (Former Employee) –  TexasSeptember 17, 2018
This review would have been completely different 5 years ago.

Like most other large companies WF has changed with the times: a couple of big layoffs about 3 years apart, cut the workforce tremendously but hire more and more executives.

Team member happiness use to be a big priority; that has been pushed aside for advancements in electronics/systems.

The pressure is on: cut down on the employees, but the ones that are left are expected to be positive, give the same customer service as in the past, be innovative, sell sell sell (do much more with a lot less, just like everywhere else.)
Pros
Access to great choices when shopping; awesome people who work there
Cons
The WF Culture is gone

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Whole Foods Market. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.8InHerSight Score

2.8Personal Development

3.3Career Opportunities

2.6Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight