Whole Foods Market Employee Reviews

31.4K
Found 6,421 reviews matching the search See all 6,685 reviews
Very repetitive
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Novato, CAAugust 19, 2018
Loved the people working there and the friendly environment. The administration was definitely was not my favorite. Definitely a busy job always something to do!
Whole foods
Grocery Manager (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILAugust 18, 2018
This was a great opportunity for me to expand and to learn more about the environment.what we eats matter the way we receive our food and beverages all tie in to our Life. To become more healthier
Whole Foods strive to be what a employers should be.
Team Supervisor (Former Employee) –  North Miami, FLAugust 18, 2018
Whole Foods is a great company to work for. They value the experience of the team members. The scheduling while I was there was not as flexible as I needed for continuing my MBA. That is why I left. The company is great and one day I may go back.
Pros
Culture, Benefits, Leadership
Cons
Flexibility of scheduling
Pro: Healthcare Con: Everything else
Retail Buyer (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOAugust 18, 2018
High stress working environment. Starting TMs have low wages, terrible hours, and expensive healthcare. If you can push past that to get into a full time position, the stress increases and your healthcare costs become reasonable. It's barely worth it.
Ok place to work
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAAugust 17, 2018
Typical day at work come in and clock in. Walk over to the supervisor working at the time and they'll tell you to bag or be a cashier. They'll see who needs a break or who is off and you'll take over for them. Since the introduction of prime savings the hardest part was being an employee of Amazon. Being forced to market for Amazon Prime was tiring and did not come in the job description. I applied for a customer service job, not marketing. Had to ask every customer if they're a prime member then proceed to wait 5 minutes while they fumble with their phone and you have to give them a sales pitch about how it all works.
Pros
You can ask for whatever days you want to work, Work one day a week or work 4 days a week, You get an employee discount card, No uniform
Cons
Most likely won't give you Sundays to work, everyone wants Sundays time and a half, expectation to be extra happy and excited around customers, minimal work life balance
Overall a great place to work with good values, and good benefits
Specialty Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Sarasota, FLAugust 17, 2018
I started at my store when it was a brand new store opening, and within just a few months I got my first promotion and have been presented with many other opportunities to help with my advancement.
Collaborative unique working environment, with high energy motivated team members.
Assistant Team Leader (Former Employee) –  The Woodlands, TXAugust 17, 2018
Customer interaction was well rounded. I was business savvy and knew ordering and purchasing techniques so I was successful in managing a department and inventory control.
Cons
Training was lacking, I came in with the knowledge and tools to be successful but other team leaders were not so lucky.
Salary
Grocery Associate (Current Employee) –  Newark, NJAugust 17, 2018
No one a specially with kids can really live off this salary unless your in some kinda management roll. I like the job its just i need more funds because of the cost of living.
Pros
Education and good working environment
Cons
Salary
retail
Customer Service Supervisor/Cash Office Specialist (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVAugust 17, 2018
typical retail grocery store life. grumpy customers and unreliable coworkers. has its good and bad days but gets boring after years of the same thing
Whole Food Is Great and Enlightening
Meat Team Member (Former Employee) –  Salem, NCAugust 16, 2018
A lot of great people work and shop at Whole Foods. The products are awesome and the people that make, serve and sale them are people who care about life, health and nature.

Want to know more about Whole Foods Market?

Ask a question
Great place to learn
Meat/Seafood Associate Team Leader (Current Employee) –  Mill Valley, CAAugust 16, 2018
Whole Foods, helped me to advance my career as a Meat and Seafood Associate Team Leader. They gave me positive guidance and an environment to learn and grow.
Team Leader (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCAugust 16, 2018
Whole Foods is a really great place to work. The company cares about its mission and does its best to promote excellence in and out of the store. I really have enjoyed my time with this company.
Great working environment
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  River Forest, IL 60305August 16, 2018
It’s a fun place to work. All the people are nice customers are nice. If you want to work with the well rounded company, this would be the place to work!
Pros
Awesome employee discount
Cons
Point system
Amazon killed it
Coffee Bar Team Trainer (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WAAugust 16, 2018
Honestly amazon has made this a terrible company to work for. They've cut labor to a point where it's incredibly hard to get anything done and every day is a new surprise as to what horrible new way your job will become harder.
Pros
20% discount
Cons
Minimal staff
Whole Foods
Team Member in Specialty (Former Employee) –  Paramus, NJAugust 16, 2018
Whole Foods Market of Paramus NJ, was a typical retail job. fast paced, overwhelming, and to many people trying to take control. in my time there it was hard to form community with my team members because so many people came and left
Pros
pay
Cons
leadership, hours
Work Culture
Part Time Receiver (Former Employee) –  Glen Mills, PAAugust 16, 2018
Enjoyable work environment. Good workforce. Learned about the organic food industry, sustainable foods, the importance of maintaining a healthy lifestyle.
Unprofessional Managent
Customer Service Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Madison, NJAugust 16, 2018
Favortism, lack of communication and too much gossip.
I've actually learned a lot throughout my career with Whole Foods, but unfortunately, the company changed many years ago.
Pros
Healthcare
Cons
Break/lunch times
Fun and exciting
Prepared Foods Team Member (Former Employee) –  Alexandria, VAAugust 15, 2018
A typical day at work would be laid back especially when you're enjoying time at work because of staff that created such a welcoming place to come work. everyone is very helpful, and the customers are friendly and patient. As time goes by you realize that you have expanded your knowledge by applying them not just for work but as a life style.
Pros
discounts
Cons
rush hour
Whole Foods
Meat/Seafood Clerk (Former Employee) –  Napa, CA 94558August 15, 2018
In my department the Meat/Seafood department. Its a well really rough days. I did learn to help anyone that needs help. They try to make the work culture stress-free. The hardest part of my job was i felt like i did all the work. The most enjoyable part was I made a lot of friends.
Pros
Good Discounts
Cons
N/a
not applicable
Front End Cashier; Cash Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 15, 2018
not applicable, it wasn't a great experience, a lot of favoritism, vindictive store leadership, unfair treatment, racist comment were often made, toxic work environment,
Pros
Cons
no much

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Whole Foods Market. Our community is ready to answer.

Women's ratings

3.2Fairygodboss Score

55%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

45%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Powered by Fairygodboss