Whole Foods Market Employee Reviews

Found 6,960 reviews matching the search See all 7,232 reviews
Productive, Busy
Produce Service Team Member (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXNovember 13, 2018
Great and productive plus very busy on soon days based on the work load but overall i love the people i met when i was there as well as all of the different foods i tasted when i work there as samples as i was working
Pros
Free Stuff
Loved it
Front end cashier (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PANovember 13, 2018
working at whole foods was great if you love working fast pace/ dealing wit customers/food and making money. it was a fun meet new people and learning about foods
Pros
Money/food
Cons
nothing
Fast paced
Cake decorator, Bakery (Former Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 13, 2018
The job was get and so was the pay for just being a new hire. The work space was a bit tight to work in ( I had to share a work space with 3 people doing different task). I got pregnant during the holiday season so I was hard for me to lift boxes of frozen products and to push the cooling racks. I stop working there before I was eligible to get maternity leave.
Pros
Easy to learn new skills, gain promotions fairly
Cons
Tight work spaces, unorganized
Working with good people.
Meat/ Seafood Team Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Brea, CANovember 13, 2018
Management can be confusing and inept at time, especially since the Amazon buyout. Customers can be temperamental at times, but such is life in retail. However, the people you work with make the job worthwhile, without a doubt.
Co-Workers!
Cashier / Customer Service Department (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHNovember 13, 2018
Love the people I worked with! Loved the discounts. Loved the chill atmosphere. The breaks were short and the customers are not always the friendliest.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
short breaks
Culture good, management out of touch
Front End Team Member (Former Employee) –  Marlboro, NJNovember 13, 2018
The company on a whole is a great place doing great things. Downside is it can be like a clique, which effects your ability to move up since team members vote you up to new positions. Also the schedule is not flexible and was often given out a day before it began, which didn't allow you to make any plans outside of work in advance.
Pros
Discount card
Cons
Scheduling / Management
I Loved working for Whole Foods.
Cheese Specialist (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CANovember 13, 2018
It's a great place to work. Relaxed atmosphere, great products to get behind. Plenty of opportunities to move up. Managers are fair people and easy to work with.
Pros
Great work environment.
Cons
No cons.
Could be a great place
TMS (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXNovember 13, 2018
WFM is going through a lot of changes right now; some good but a lot that is seen as bad. They are so hung up on preserving the culture that they can't see the issues it had to begin with.
Pros
fun environment most of the time
Cons
Leadership by committee, pushing John Mackey's "values" on their team members
Amazon has killed whole foods culture
Specialty Assistant Team Leader (Current Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 12, 2018
Everyone is afraid for their jobs, and all of leadership is on a power trip. its just the worst and they ask for more and more everyday with out giving more pay.
Fantastic Environment
Sugarland TX - Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Sugar Land, TXNovember 12, 2018
Great welcoming environment, team oriented. Actually feel like a valued team member. Lots of events and special services for team members, gain sharing opportunities, and ease of access for resources. Heavily focused on promoting from within.
balanced
MEAT CLERK (Former Employee) –  Santa Barbara, CANovember 12, 2018
They give you good working ethics and a balanced lifestyle if you go to school. they are flexible with their hours and give good pay for how much work they give you.
Great Company overall/ hiccups in system
Bakery Team Member (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXNovember 12, 2018
Team members are collaborative and encourage each other for success. Team Leaders and Store Team Leaders and very involved in employees lives and ensure their happiness and success within the company. Whole Foods Market has astounding company culture and upholds the integrity of original owners of WFM.
There is some discontent among team members who are older/more seasoned in their roles, who are now experiencing a lot of changes due to Amazon--it is very frustrating to try to do the same/more amount of work in addition to many new logs and SOP's in place. Over all, it is an amazing place to work and employee attitudes must adapt with the times.
A separate complaint I have about Whole Foods Market is that I felt very unsupported and left to figure out HR information for months. I voiced my concerns to our ASTL, but he was in the middle of transferring to another store so nothing came of it. As a part-time employee there, I could not receive all of the PTO Donations I received when I took a leave of absence after my father passed away. At first, HR admin said only medical leave of absence could receive PTO Donations. After I reminded him that someone else in our store was able to do a Bereavement LOA, he called back a few days later to confirm that I was correct.
Then, for weeks I asked when I could transfer my PTO hours to my paycheck. He kept telling me to go online and it would be very easy. I finally saw that I had only 19 hours available.
Even though I had been working full-time hours, I still could only receive 19.9 PTO hours per week, which I had already accumulated.
  more... The HR administrator failed to communicate this to me for months, as he would just tell me to go online and transfer my available PTO to my paycheck. Then, since I had not missed a full two weeks (one week was a "Wednesday to Wednesday",) I missed the opportunity to take a few extra days off so that I could utilize the hours my loving team members donated to me. This HR did not communicate this to me until April. This man had no sympathy for a grieving employee, and left me to figure out all of this disheartening information on my own, or track him down.
In May, I was granted benefits for six months due to working full-time for the previous six months. I still was not eligible to receive the PTO I would have received as a full-time employee.
Pros
Paid breaks
Cons
No Benefits for part-time workers
Excellent work place with a lot of passion and team work to achieve the store goals
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Bethesda, MDNovember 12, 2018
I enjoyed being a team member at wholefoods, learning about the process and products, and working closely with my team. I had the opportunity interact with the customers while providing them assistance in finding their product need. Our managers were really passionate about customer service and we worked hard to achieve excellence in all the service we provided.
Pros
discount on groceries, flexible schedule
Cons
no health care due to part time position
productive
Bakery Team Member (Former Employee) –  Ridgewood, NJNovember 12, 2018
working at whole foods was okay. It has its ups and downs but very productive always busy. Leadership was very helpful and always willing to listen to new ideas. But its not something one would like to spend their life doing.
Team Leader, Specialty (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZNovember 12, 2018
no reveiw, company is different now that Amazon owns them. I enjoyed my experience and learned a lot , but the it systems were very difficult for me at the time
i am just so disppointed in the way the company did their hard working employees.
Manager (Former Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 12, 2018
whole works use to be a company that appreciate their team members. In the last five years the company has went down. They fired their best employees cause they make to much money and they didn't want to pay them.
Pros
the quality of their food is amazing
Cons
they dont appreciate their staff
My direct manager should not be in control
Supervisor, Cashier, and Meat Clerk (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CANovember 12, 2018
Unfortunately, you have to never make an error once you start or you'll never be forgiven. My manager was unreliable, lazy, and hid away in their office. Things were not handle accordingly and in a timely manner. Had loved working for WFM until the last year. Was quite unpleasant and the turn around in our store was unbelievable. People would quit almost immediately or within 3 months.
Can I please skip this step
Produce Buyer & Local Forager (Former Employee) –  Bellingham, MANovember 11, 2018
The job was okay. Whole Foods Market enabled good advancement at the time and the benefits were great for the industry. Ultimately not something one would like to spend all of their life doing.
Great people to work with. I loved management and everyone was very helpful to one another. Great productivity
CASHIER (Former Employee) –  Edina, MNNovember 11, 2018
I liked working there. I think the pay is pretty good, but the people are even better. They really care about the employees. I loved the culture and how the company really cares about its products.
lot of work
Cook (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZNovember 11, 2018
a typical day included working in the kitchen for salad bar, hot bar, chefs case, and wine bar along with sandwich global and pizza station. i also bartended.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Whole Foods Market. Our community is ready to answer.

52.4K

Comparably
Diversity Score
TOP5%
In the Top 5% of similar size companies

The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at Whole Foods Market.

Powered by Comparably