Whole Foods Market Employee Reviews

Went down hill
Guest Services (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXFebruary 22, 2018
Once Amazon took over it became all about money. They started firing people and only wanted to increase profits. Amazon completely destroyed the Whole Foods culture and they decreased the ability for raises.
Security
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Monterey, CAFebruary 22, 2018
I really do enjoy working at Whole Foods. I've learned so many new things about food and self care. The people I've made friends with over the time I've worked there have been life changing. But for the level of personal satisfaction this job provides is very low. I do the same thing every day, all day. I'm looking for something more mentally challenging and creative.
Pros
Healthcare
Cons
In store politics.
Productive and customer service oriented
Buyer (Former Employee) –  Tustin, CAFebruary 22, 2018
Very customer oriented , helps the local community , employee benifit , room for growth , offers classes , believes in animal welfare , well balanced scheduling , open door policy
Pros
Benifits
Poor Management
Various Positions (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXFebruary 22, 2018
Poor Management , CORE Values for employees is Propaganda . They say they treat employees well but they are more concerned about share holders and making the bottom dollar
Pros
Nice staff
Cons
Poor Management
Great Place to work.
Prepared Foods Team Member/Salad Bar Runner (Current Employee) –  MinneaploisFebruary 22, 2018
I've been with whole foods almost 5 years it's a great place to work good benefits great for young people looking to develop cooking skills and grow also great for people that are retired work days can be difficult when busy but it's always a team member or manager willing to help the culture is diverse and easy going.
Pros
Food discounts as well as dicounts on other services.
Cons
Great health care benefits.
Its ok
Produce Associate (Former Employee) –  Newport News, VAFebruary 21, 2018
It was ok. The management was not that great but a lot of the co workers were. I limed working with the public and that's about it. No real advancement opportunity.
Pros
Higher pay than normal
Cons
Management is stuck up
Whole Body Team Member
Whole Body Team Member (Former Employee) –  Sugar Land, TXFebruary 21, 2018
A typical workday consisted of me engaging with the customers, ordering products, stocking incoming products, completing special orders, maintaining organized and clean area, creating ads and signs for new products, conducting sales.
Interesting experience
cashier/stocker/inventory/associate (Former Employee) –  Bellevue, WAFebruary 21, 2018
A typical day would be very busy. The work culture was safe and comfortable. It was a typical retail cashier job. Management was a little scattered. There was a high employee turnover rate. The hardest part of the job would be not having enough cashiers to be in the floor.
productive and fun
Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKFebruary 21, 2018
I loved all things about Whole Foods, except for going into work at 430am. I loved the people I worked the co workers I loved my team leaders. I loved our guests at I formed relationships with.
Pros
almost everything
Cons
early morning meeting
Great company to work for. Family type environment. Great benefits
Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Roswell, GAFebruary 21, 2018
From the moment of clocking in one is already greeted. You are appreciated. Management can be tough but as a good team member one understands. They “crack the whip” only when there is a need. The most enjoyable part of the job was that many understood we were a team. The hardest part of the job was dealing with those that didn’t want to accept that we are a team.
Pros
Free lunches, paid vacation, good benefits
Fast paced, overwhelming
Team Trainer (Current Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLFebruary 21, 2018
Great place to work, diverse culture. A place to meet different types of personalities and learn about basic skills such as patience. This job has taught me what things I'd like for my future and what I don't want for my future.
Great Place
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Venice, CAFebruary 20, 2018
I loved working their everything was fun and everyone got along the only thing that I didn't like was the fact that when I needed to change my scheduled that was very stressful
Not the best
Grocery Team Leader/Shift Leader (Former Employee) –  Evanston, ILFebruary 20, 2018
I would not want my friend working in WFM at this moment. I think WFM is a mess at this moment and not a great place to work. I wish they would get it together.
Pros
Na
Cons
Na
Wonderful job and benefits
Bakery Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Coral Gables, FLFebruary 20, 2018
Great experience. Wonderful, laid back coworkers. Ten minute grace period helped avoid tardies. Strict on certain policies but great experience. Generous to employees, 401K is great, very supportive upper management.
Customer Service Trainer & Specialist (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCFebruary 20, 2018
great place to work very good people. i had great time working there i learned a lot very good benefits and the company pays very well i will recommend to all the people they are looking for work there!
Good pay, Poor management
Prep Cook (Current Employee) –  The Woodlands, TXFebruary 20, 2018
While the pay and benefits are better than what's currently offered in the service industry, it comes with a price. Managers expect more then what is possible, and offer little in return. If you try going above and beyond, instead of being meet with gratitude you will be asked what more can you do? Promotions are not based on merit, but social ties. Safety hazards abound. My store also has an extremely high turnover rate. Come for the experience, but transfer elsewhere.
Pros
Discount, 401K, Health Plans, Pto
Cons
Management, weird customers
it was worth it
Sales Associate/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Minnetonka, MNFebruary 19, 2018
It was great when i started. then it started to get bad when the best people left.All and all whole food was a good place to work. Great people, great store leadership.
Pros
store leader ship
Cons
hours/ weekends
Wonderful company to be a part of, as a team member, and in the community.
Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAFebruary 19, 2018
I loved working for WFM. They are passionate about their team members, the community, and the world. They held panel interviews for any job above an entry level team member, and that process was a wonderful tool for advancement.
Pros
Wonderful co workers, passionate about the community and world.
Cons
Schedule was rough coming in as a new team member.
It was alright
Meat & Seafood Team Member (Current Employee) –  Asheville, NCFebruary 19, 2018
The relaxed atmosphere made it a good place to work. The manager I had didn't really want to be there anymore so it kinda made it a pain to work in my department.
Pros
eaf
Cons
dsaasd
Good Place, Good People, Difficult Culture
Assistant Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, MAFebruary 19, 2018
Considering it's a supermarket, awesome benefits and PTO. Low expectations for a work/life balance once you enter leadership-- and don't expect any recognition for working your tush off. But, the pay was good, most coworkers had a good sense of humor, and there was a ton of free food. Depending on the store, leadership can vary IMMENSELY. As a female in leadership, when speaking to other ladies in my same position, it was acknowledged that there was a strong "boy's club" mentality.
Pros
Free Food, Good People
Cons
Customers, Expected Short Breaks, Company Leadership

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Whole Foods Market. Our community is ready to answer.

51.8K