Whole Foods Market Employee Reviews

Found 8,168 reviews matching the search See all 8,510 reviews
Very good experience working there.
Bakery Team Member (Former Employee) –  Westport, CTJune 25, 2019
I worked with a great team. No job is perfect, but I did enjoy working with our customers. I felt a sense of pride working for Whole Foods. Working towards saving the environment is another plus!
Pros
Store discount, They hire within for new positions.
Cons
Corporate nonsense.
Productive work place
SPECIALTY TEAM MEMBER (Former Employee) –  Chelsea, NYJune 25, 2019
Whole Foods in my opinion is a really great place to work. the only thing that was frustrating for me was the schedule but because its a retail job I understand it would be hard to accomdate everyones schedule.
Pros
Free food in break room often, Team member week, Team builds, Team member incentives
Cons
Scheduling
Fast paced and exciting environment
Prepared Foods Team Member (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJune 25, 2019
A typical work day is extremely busy and exciting, we ALL work as a team to make sure our customers are satisfied always. The customers are always friendly as well as demanding in a very good way.
Pros
Discounted shopping for all items, dine in eating areas.
Cons
its always crowded, making it difficult to grab food and eat it in a timely fashion during a lunch break while working
Whole foods market, fun place to work
Customer service,meat clerk (Former Employee) –  Palo Alto, CAJune 25, 2019
My last job at whole food market was a good experience. I liked my job and the people I worked with. My job was easy and fun. I like helping customers and putting a smile on there face. I like to work and that was a fun job to work at
Kitchen crew
Cook/Prep (Former Employee) –  Wellington, FLJune 25, 2019
I feel like the kitchen crew can get some more help. They should always have someone helping everybody do something. It’s a very busy place to work but you can make it easy if you had that extra help
Pros
Discount card
Cons
Short 30min break needs to be 45mins at least
Clean and organized environment
Bakery Team Member (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJune 24, 2019
Management is strict and unfair other then that great place to work got fired for sending a text i mean i guess in my opinion that's not something you fire someone for especially when i told them the situation as to why i needed too I'm not saying not to sign up because its a great learning space
Wasnt great
Bakery Associate (Former Employee) –  Lynnfield, MAJune 24, 2019
The department management was not good and when employees raised their concerns higher management did not care. The kitchen was not kept very clean and it was just not a good experience.
Grocery Buyer (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXJune 24, 2019
Started as a fun, productive, innovative, supportive company and eventually just turned into a corporate cut throat. As a cheese buyer I would work 7-8 hours multitasking 3 different departments whilst on my own. Receiving packaging, product for beer, wine, and cheese while playing orders, walking with health inspection, and maintaining customer service. 2 years I asked for back up help and received it for a short time. I think that there’s about a 50/50 ratio of good leadership and bad leadership.
Great place to gain experience with people skills
Grocery Stocker (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAJune 24, 2019
Overall, my experience at Whole Foods has been good. I learned how to deal with stressful situations and find solutions to the problem. Also learned about certain diets and ingredients
Friendly and Exciting Workplace
Prepared Foods Team Member (Former Employee) –  Palm Desert, CAJune 24, 2019
Team members are met with the opportunity to interact with a wide range of customers, are exposed to many great products, and are given the opportunity to learn more about where their food comes from.
Great job , Terrible management
Seafood Clerk (Former Employee) –  Port Chester, NYJune 24, 2019
Management is terrible. Most TL’s spend the majority of their shift in the ATL office. TL’s never close. They will schedule TM to close all the time..
used to be a great place to work
Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJune 23, 2019
company has lost it's path and the values it once supported no longer guide decision making. work life balance is acceptable for part time work but once you are full time you are at their mercy.
Good benefits
Produce Clerk/ trainer (Current Employee) –  Sandy Springs, GAJune 23, 2019
Nice place to work in ,nice benefits,good management ,you work hard you get what you deserve ,thats all .................................................................
Great People to work with. Good Benefits.
Front End Cashier (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILJune 23, 2019
Great place to work overall. Good Benefits and pay. Always learning something new about the products. Great people to work with, and great managers.
It was great before amazon bought them
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLJune 22, 2019
The dynamic of the company shifted from a laid back nurturing work and shopping enviorment to one of a cut throat corporate one. Where they once focused on the customer experience and taking care of the employees it is now purely about getting every last cent out of people that they can get.
I enjoyed the job, and I learned helping the customers was a wonderful experiences. However I felt there was no job security.
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Fremont, CAJune 22, 2019
My overview of the company, started with setting up my stations. Getting all the supplies, and having the setup by 9:00 a.m. My day went about helping where ever needed in Prepared Foods. The hardest part of my job was moving around and helping in any station that needed in the stations within Prepare Foods.
Fun place to work
Chef II postion (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJune 22, 2019
They believe in Work Life Balance. The Company believes in promoting within and work education in every department. Best Company to work for. 5 stars!
fun work place
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAJune 22, 2019
Co-workers and management was very friendly and helpful. They were always there to help if anyone needed. It was a busy location but always well staffed.
Great people that love what they do
Store Graphic Artist and Chalk Signmaker (Former Employee) –  Redwood City, CAJune 22, 2019
Coworkers work well with each other and really embrace the team dynamic. Everyone is dedicated to doing their best and the company cares about their employees.
Great team energy
Bakery Team Member (Current Employee) –  Flagstaff, AZJune 21, 2019
I absolutely love my coworkers and I’m paid very well. However, management can be an issue in some departments. Frustration with ordering, scheduling, and management is probably something to expect. I’ve worked for WFM for two years and I’ve managed pretty well but it can get frustrating at times.
Pros
Good pay, benefits, paid time off, wonderful coworkers, generally relaxed environment
Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Whole Foods Market. Our community is ready to answer.

52.9K
42.9K
31.8K

Ratings from women

3.0InHerSight Score

2.8Personal Development

3.5Career Opportunities

2.7Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight