Whole Hog Cafe Employee Reviews

4.2
Ratings breakdown
Productive and fun workplace
CREW MEMBER (Former Employee) –  Fayetteville, ARJune 19, 2018
Whole Hog Cafe an easy-going, family run establishment- a perfect part-time job for a college student looking to make a little more money on a flexible schedule.
Great people to Work for
chashier (Former Employee) –  Medford, NJMay 10, 2018
Awesome people to work for, relaxed environment. Great place for students to work very accommodating to their staff! Always welcome you back! They really take pride in their store.
Laid back
Dishwasher (Former Employee) –  Cherry Hill, NJFebruary 22, 2018
Managers lack ability to hold employees accountable - callouts, noshows handled with second (and more) chances -not normally something expected of a professional restaurant
Pros
Laid back atmosphere
Cons
No benefits
a typical day at work
Meat Cutter (Current Employee) –  Little Rock, ARJanuary 29, 2018
fast pace yet fun and friendly work environment. you get to move around a lot and learn all the positions and you get to know the customers on a personal level.
Pros
friendly people
Cons
not enough hours
Good temporary Job
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Bentonville, AR 72712January 16, 2018
I was let go from another job unexpectedly, and I went into whole hog the same day; and I had a job. It's a great place to work if you're looking for part-time or temporary work. There's really only 4 positions available so there isn't much room for advancement. I worked here while I was in high school, and it was perfect for me. The people that work there care about one another, and I know I will always have a job if I need one.
extremely laid back and productive workplace
crew member (Former Employee) –  Bentonville, ARJanuary 11, 2018
the employees are wonderful, management and the owner are amazing, the hours are as many as you want, the pay is decent. very laid back environment. no issues working there at all.
Pros
free everything even still.
Cons
not much room for advancement
the hardest part of the job
Employee (Former Employee) –  Little Rock, ARJune 30, 2017
the hardest part of the job was getting over the fact that the owners are racists. They use black people for work only and talk about them behind their backs and will promote the white employees first.
Productive and fun workplace
Pit master Chef (Current Employee) –  Cherry Hill, NJApril 27, 2017
Great company to work for . Just not room for advancement in which I feel is deserved ! But great staff and good management . Sell of great American food.
Awesome job with awesome people selling awesome food!
Lead Meat Preparation (Current Employee) –  Springfield, MOFebruary 10, 2017
This job has been amazing. The schedules are very well balanced and so is the staff. The majority of the staff has been on for more than 2 years, which says a lot. Most of the staff is college age, so the shifts work very well with school and other events that you may need off for. The staff and management are all easy going with a lot of different personality types. Whole Hog really make you feel like family.
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
Short breaks, no benifits, no full time
Fast paced enviroment that pushes you to work hard!
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Bryant, ARDecember 8, 2016
I always enjoy going into work at Whole Hog Café. My co workers are great people and everyone works equally as hard. I have learned that there is almost always more than one way to solve a problem you face and get the desired outcome, different doesn't mean wrong.
Pros
50% discounts, great co workers
Cons
nights when business is slow
it was ok
DISHWASHER (Former Employee) –  Fort Smith, ARApril 29, 2016
I have nothing horrible to say about it i did a lot of the work and the manager felt like I was a good person to use as an excuse to yell at people. Other then that no problems
Very fast-paced environment and also fun
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Bryant, ArkansasAugust 23, 2015
I love working at whole hog because everyone here is different but we all clash with our different personalities. The management is very understanding about everything.
Fun and productive
Line Cook (Former Employee) –  Fayetteville, ARJune 19, 2015
The team knows what they are doing and will help you learn everything you need to know. The hours are flexible with schoolwork so you can easily work while attending college. I learned the daily operations of a restaurant and how speed and efficiency mean everything.
Fast Paced but nice vibe
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Little Rock, ARApril 9, 2015
I enjoyed working here. Not super corporate, more of a relaxed feeling. You get to learn at your own pace. I worked as a cashier so to start the day you would make pans of beans and sauce cups. Then you would go on to counting your register and bagging early orders. The lunch was very busy with a line out of the door. You have to be fast paced and able to multitask. After each shift you stock up front and sweep. Night shift is usually slower unless there is a banquet or a big event in town. To close you will wrap the meat and put up all food, clean the floors and stock.
I was happy with the work not the compensation or lack of respect
Lead Cook 2 (Former Employee) –  Little Rock, ARJanuary 3, 2014
The job itself is fine, I would have loved it if there were any real chances for advancement or maybe a pay raise in 2.5 years. Management is not high on staff morale or listening to personal needs.
Pros
price break on meals, paid vacation after a year
Cons
No morale, no respect for your accomplishments, no pay raise
Fun place to work!
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Jonesboro, ARJanuary 22, 2013
I worked here part time while attending college. A very fun and laid back atmosphere. Good food, great people, and a enjoyable job.
Pros
employee discount, student discounts, free food at closing
Cons
no benefits unless management
Great Place to work
•a typical day at work
•what you learned
•management
•your co-workers
•the hardest part of the job
•the most enjoyable part of the job