WIC PROGRAM Employee Reviews

slow pace working and terrible mangement
Cleaning Crew (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILMay 30, 2018
The WIC center is a nice place to work but the hours work pace short staff and terrible mangement. Its a very busy place to work inside of it gave me a chance to work on my work speed
Love serving people
Program Assistant (Current Employee) –  Attleboro, MAApril 3, 2018
My favorite part about working at WIC is helping our participants. I enjoy what I do. Even though is the do the "same" everyday, every case is different (not tedious at all).
Pros
Great benefits!
Cons
Lack of advancement.
Ambiente de mucha alegria
Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Aibonito, PRJanuary 26, 2018
Ayudar a las mujeres embarazadas con sus citas,ambiente alegre
Great
Registered Dietitian Nutritionist (Current Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYJanuary 7, 2018
Great work environment and team. A positive work environment where mothers, infants and children who are enrolled in the WIC program are being assisted.
Friendly environment
Nutrition Assistant (Current Employee) –  Norwich, NYOctober 6, 2017
WIC itself is a great program and much needed in our poor county. Working for WIC has its challenges, its a NYS program and policies for doing thing are always changing sometimes monthly.
Pros
Friendly staff
Cons
Expensive health coverage
Great Place to work
Breastfeeding Peer Counselor (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INSeptember 1, 2017
Not much room for Advancement. People tend to never retire from this job. yearly increase no very much. Benefits are AMAZING... Very family orientated and close knit co workers. Like I said everyone has been here for years. I loved the job but needed more Money
I like the company
Nutrition Assistant (Former Employee) –  Santa Ana, CAAugust 11, 2017
I counseled the participation on eating healthy and how to feed their children correctly
I learned about nutritional program provided to parents, how to interact with them and how to provide the service to them.
fast pace environment
Health Technician/Registrar (Current Employee) –  Elizabeth, NJAugust 4, 2017
My daily day includes entering demographic data for WIC participants. educating participants on how to use WIC resources, answering phones, weighing clients, doing blood work, and scheduling appointments.
Pros
opportunity to help the community
Cons
no room for growth
fun place to work
Senior WIC Nutrition Counselor (Former Employee) –  Rome, NYJuly 15, 2017
weighing babies and pregnant women. Also providing nutrition education to families and also providing information about infant nutrition, breastfeeding, and postpartum nutrition.
Pros
state retirnemtn
Cons
non steady
Interesting place to work
Nutritionist/ Lactation Consultant (Former Employee) –  Rockford, IL 61104May 15, 2017
Never a dull moment with all the needs of the community changing from day to day. The challenge was in the language differences and the ability to help the person to the best of your ability.
interaction w others during the summer hours
Adams and Brown Counties WIC (Former Employee) –  Georgetown, OHApril 20, 2017
interacting w family and friends while working enjoying the race time the sounds of the loud Summer fun dirt flying people screaming for adventure of the fast lane.
Goverment job
Case Aide (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXFebruary 5, 2017
Great Benefits, job security , but not opportunity to growth for non professional employees and salaries are little over the minimum wage salaries are increase only with legibility money
Pros
paid holidays
Cons
not enough raised
rewarding place to work
Clerk/ breastfeeding peer counselor (Former Employee) –  Columbus, INJune 7, 2016
My typical day at work was to help mothers with their children , most of them with special needs, not only helping them to get food vouchers but with some sort of psychological sources. It was for me very rewarding and I loved it.
Pros
compensations
Cons
not enough lunch break
Can be better
Nutrition Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYMarch 27, 2016
Most of The managers were not register dietitian and the management was very poor
WIC at Brooklyn Hospital was my worse experience in my 36 years working as a Dietitian/Nutritionist and MD.
I will not recommend.

WIC at Florida State is Excellent, the best. Excellent Managers and dietitians, all works very well. I strongly recommend.
personally grow experiances
Administrative Clerk (Former Employee) –  Joliet, ILOctober 6, 2015
every day was a challenge, mentally ready to start the day and have a lot patience to be able to greet the clients, and be able to make it during the day, during this position I learn to get better with customer services and be able to multi task more, answering the phones, making appointments, printing WIC coupons and answering front desk question, a lot of filing charts from clients and keep all the information confidential. was great experience to work with the WIC program
I take my job very serious when it comes to cleaning. This is my passion to work in a place where i can show how good i am and be very respectful.
Cleaning Crew (Current Employee) –  Perth Amboy, NJ 08861October 1, 2015
A typical day there is fun for me because I can clean when everyone is almost gone for the day I can do what im told to do. I aslo like to ask th epeople there if I can help them in anyway. I love to clean there. The co-workers are nice to me and they treat me with respect.I close the office when Im done. Management is very supportive there. The office is very big which keeps me very ocuppied. I work 4 hours but I do everything on time so I have nothing to do the next time i go to work. I am very respctful lioke others are to me.
Pros
I can eat and clean th earea where im at
Cons
shortbreaks
My communication and relationship skills and willingness to take initutive.
Nutritionist Technician (Current Employee) –  Saipan, MPApril 5, 2015
A typical day at work is the value of open communications and finding positive in every situations.

What I've learned in the clinic is to respect various culture and show care in their needs. Provide every information to help families reach their goals.

Managers are very supportive and helpful.

My co-workers are cooperative in helping one another as team players.

The hardest part of the job is sometimes having to meet appointment schedule due to short of staff, but continue providing services the best we can.

The most enjoyable part of the job is seeing kids growing up in good health and parents continues to provide healthy eating in the house hold for every bit of tip we give them.
Pros
The values of open communication and caring for families in variety culture
Cons
Continue to follow up to provide families in need of services and continue seek help for them.
Provide Nutrition and Health care information
Nutritionist Specialist (Current Employee) –  Ponce PRMarch 4, 2015
Use my expertise in food, diet and nutrition to help people achieve health goals. Provide supplemental food recommendations to patient. The principal goals is protecting the health of women and children who are al risk of the effects of poor nutrition.
WIC program is a excellent workplace to develop your teaching abilities and to provide nutrition counseling.
Nutritionist (Former Employee) –  Carolina, PRDecember 15, 2014
In this job I provided nutritional counseling, assessed, offered follow up and demonstration classes.During the time that I worked in WIC program I learned to be empathic and to listen what were the needs of people who catered. My experience with the coworker and population served, both was good.The hard part was the amount of assessmets in a day, (14 people), because the time to counseling was limited. I loved when I had to offer the demonstration classes, because the participants also enjoyed it.
Pros
comfortable working hours
Cons
low compensation
goodplacetowork
programasst (Current Employee) –  jamestownnyNovember 17, 2014
enjoy working with moms and there babies.learned howtodeal with different cultures and people