Wichita State University Employee Reviews

4.3
Ratings breakdown
College LIfe
Student Assistant (Former Employee) –  Wichita, KSJuly 11, 2018
A great university to attend. Great teachers, counselors and coaches. Numerous degree plans and counselors that help you follow your degree plan to graduate.
Straight forward work, great people
CURRICULUM AND INSTRUCTION OFFICE WORKER (Former Employee) –  Wichita, KSJuly 8, 2018
Worked as a work study student, and greatly enjoyed working here. The people were great, and the typical day wasn't too busy. Just keep on top of the files and there weren't any problems. If there were any questions, they were answered quickly and efficiently.
Pros
Great people, Straightforward tasks, Flexible Schedules
Good
Custodian/Maintenance (Former Employee) –  Wichita, KSJune 15, 2018
A good work place helpful and nice employees and managers. Great atmosphere. A relaxed and enjoyable environment. The managers are a great influence and help
Excellent Student Work Opportunity
Student Assistant (Former Employee) –  Wichita, KSJune 8, 2018
Supportive student workplace culture headed by competent management. A typical day of work provided several learning opportunities that became the most enjoyable part of the job.
I Like to work at Wichita State University
Supervisor/Manager (Former Employee) –  Wichita, KSJune 4, 2018
I like to work at Wichita State University, but I don't like their Chartwell food court managers. They treat employees unfairly, and also does not know how to coach.
Pros
flexible hours
Cons
poor management
Improving communication while teaching what you enjoy
Faculty Physics Instructor | Lecturer (Current Employee) –  Wichita, KSMay 30, 2018
Wichita State University offers opportunities to recent graduate students as instructors for introductory level classes for the subject in their field. A typical day includes lesson planning, online grading, lecture presentations, meeting with sudents all in your own office.

During my time at Wichita State I have gained valuable communication skills as a popular instructor. The administration is able to assist new instructors in lecture methods in addition to providing career development insight.

This role is a great opportunity for a candidate with a strong passion in his or her subject with a desire to improve communication skills by sharing his or her passion of the subject with students entering their field of study.
Great place to wor
Instructor (Former Employee) –  Wichita, KSMay 15, 2018
I am an alumni of WSU, so it was an honor to work at the University, although it was for a very brief time. I am so excited about the growth of our school and the advancements made.
It was tough
Graduate Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  Wichita, KSMay 15, 2018
I was a graduate teaching assistant so being treated unfairly and paid poorly seemed to go with the territory. I do not feel like this survey is really meant for this position.
The WSU T2T Program is a great opportunity for teachers coming from other professions to go into education
Curriculum & Instruction Lecturer (Current Employee) –  Wichita, KSMay 15, 2018
As a supervisor for the WSU T2T has been a gratifying experience. The supervisor learns from the teachers as do the teachers learn from the supervisor.
Great Opportunity to work with a diverse group of students and faculty
Coordinator of Operations & Student Services (Former Employee) –  Wichita, KSMay 9, 2018
Wichita State provides a diverse group of students and faculty to work along side. There are many opportunities to get involved on campus. Advancement is difficult due to limited positions and pay is low due to being state funded.
Boring
Facility Assistant (Former Employee) –  Wichita, KSApril 23, 2018
It is an easy job that is mostly just cleaning equipment. It would be a great job for someone that loves working out and there is always room for moving up.
Poor Management and Unfair treatment
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Wichita, KSApril 17, 2018
WSU does not pay fairly based upon your education level in the support, non faculty roles. For a job that only pays $30k a year a lot is demanded of you outside of the scope of work you are supposed to be doing. Also management within some offices treat various employees unfairly. They are supposed to be out diversity university wide and that does not matter. The only way to advance at the university is to take a new position, but there are a lot of politics involved as well. Training within the offices lacks as well.
Pros
Great State Benefits
Cons
Poor leadership
Wichita State
HR Specialist (Former Employee) –  Wichita, KSMarch 27, 2018
One or my interesting job I like. I really like HR environment and I did that project with full of success. and we solved that problem and the HR department gave us a gift for that result.
Good for small change, but not for a living
Student Assistant (Current Employee) –  Wichita, KS, Ahlberg hall room 500March 20, 2018
This is the perfect job for someone who's willing to live on/near campus, while keeping everything fairly loose in terms of hours. However, you must keep in mind that as a student you're unlikely to ever get a meaningful salary as the buildings are usually unable to grant raises.
Pros
Flexible hours, relaxed environment
Cons
short breaks, little pay
Challenging and fun workplace with an opportunity to learn
Graduate Research Assistant (Current Employee) –  Wichita, KSMarch 19, 2018
The job as a lab instructor is challenging. Before the lab, I have to upload the lab materials and get ready for the lecture. I have to be prepared for all the details of the theory to answer the question of the students. In the lab, after the lecture, the experiments need to be conducted. Proper safety precautions need to be taken. I need to grade the lab reports and answer the questions of the students.
Pros
Friendly atmosphere
Quality Engineer (Graduate Assistant) (Former Employee) –  Wichita, KSMarch 5, 2018
My team was collaborative and friendly with me and had a good work place.I have learnt good management skills and the team was happy with my work.I never had any typical day or work in my job
Awful
Instructor (Former Employee) –  Wichita, KSMarch 3, 2018
Well, my department covered up a predator and pushed out the women who demanded change and transparency. I hate this place and rue the day I ever came here.
Pros
Well, counseling is only $10 a session?
Cons
Everything.
Hard working for students
Research Assistant (Current Employee) –  Wichita, KSFebruary 27, 2018
Students who work in research role have to work hard for pennies.
College environments is fun but you get very less time to interact.
Students are paid less irrespective of hard work they do.
balanced work schedule
GRADUATE RESEARCH ASSISTANT (Current Employee) –  Wichita, KSFebruary 27, 2018
worked with hardware and software troubleshooting and resolving tickets in team dynamix ticketing system was very much useful. Friendly staff and nice people
Pros
every friday social hour
Cons
remote area
overall good experience
Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Wichita, KSFebruary 12, 2018
Great facilities, great coworkers, awesome staff in chemistry, easy commute to work, student body is comprised of young and older generations, growing campus community