Wikimotive

Working at Wikimotive: 9 Reviews

United States9 reviews

Fantastic Experience for Freelance Writers

I've been working at Wikimotive since 2020. I came onto the team almost directly out of college and definitely still had a lot to learn about content writing. My (fantastic) content manager and editors worked with me, providing kind yet constructive feedback. Now, what I write for Wikimotive feels like second nature. I've also been given generous rate raises throughout my time here. I absolutely love working with Wikimotive and could never see myself giving it up. I recommend Wikimotive to every freelance content writer who has interest in the automotive industry.

Pros

Excellent compensation, flexible scheduling

Cons

It's remote, so I don't get to see these awesome people in person

Disorganized. Poor Pay system. Confusing guidelines

Not a place for serious writers. What works for one editor, gets a revision notice from another. No consistency. Rules and requirements are not clearly spelled out. Often times they leave you to figure it out on your own. You won’t get paid for two months after you complete your assignments. You write articles for next months publications, but don’t get paid until the month after. I’ve been a freelance writer for five years, written 3 books, and 2 screenplays, this was one of the most bizarre, unorganized, poorly run writing companies I’ve ever worked for. If you’re a good writer who takes pride in his work stay away. If you’re a mediocre writer just looking for a paycheck, you might be ok, if you can figure out the requirements and formats, but don’t expect to get paid fairly or in a timely manner.

Wikimotive insights

• Overall satisfaction
  • Energizing work tasks
  • Clear sense of purpose

Solid Content Gig!

This is a decent remote writing job. Like most freelance content gigs, you won't get rich; that said, if you're a quality writer who can knock out twenty-to-thirty 1200-word articles a month, you can expect to make $1000 to $1500 to start. Wikimotive has a writer-friendly setup where you simply submit the finished copy. The peeps behind the scenes (led by Kelsea & Wyatt) are very cool and helpful as well. For someone like myself making a transition into writing, I wasn't sure what to expect. Wikimotive made it easy for me to express myself and learn on a daily basis. Overall, I have zero issue recommending them!

Pros

Easy to adapt; great support; they pay on-time every time!

Cons

It's really helpful to have automotive knowledge or a passion for that which is automotive, payday is once a month, those aren't really negatives, but helpful to know, you can thrive here if you put in the research and turn out quality composition.

Great freelance opportunity

Work-life balanceIt's whatever you make itPay & benefitsIt's slightly low for content writing, but there are opportunities for advancementManagementEditors are supportive and helpful.OverallI like writing for these guys. They're helpful and will reward good work. They also give responsive and helpful feedback. The editors obviously care about quality and encourage us to send in our best work.

Excellent Company With Remote Options

My current duties as a freelance content writer for Wikimotive have been satisfactory to my current wants and needs in an employer. I also have the ability to work remotely from my home which has been immensely helpful.

Nurturing workplace great for advancement and learning.

Great work community, Encouraging environment to learn and advance, Co-workers who care about your wellbeing. I came out of college to a fierce job market. Wikimotive gave me a chance, and beyond that they gave me the freedom to learn and improve at a rate which most first year developers don't get. I have learned so much about programming and so much about what it means to work with people who you respect and truly love to be around.

The Pros and Cons of a Growing Company

Pros: - Ever Changing (Fast Growth) - Focus on Employee Cohesion - Energetic Culture - Strong Work/Life Balance - High Lateral Mobility Wikimotive is a fantastically fun place to work, and the culture is unmatched. For those who are energetic and excited about working with other people, this is the place for you. Employees are regularly listened to and accommodated with people's personal lives being generally considered by management to be an extremely important part of life to balance vs. work. It is also a great place to explore your options, as the company has many positions and a knack for finding talent, and helping them fit into their best suited role. Cons: - Ever Changing (Fast Growth) - Growing Pains - Short Staffed - Strained Communication - Limited Resources - Policy Changes (Hours, Remote Work, etc.) Wikimotive was very recently a much smaller company. With growth comes growing pains. As business grows so can the workload, but the necessary staff to meet the demand can lag behind, occasionally without communication being utilized well enough to see the problem coming, and/or realize it has arrived quickly enough. With growth also comes a need to constantly evolve. Though this is good, it leads to inevitable changes to policies that potential starting employees may take for granted (i.e. policy on hours, remote work, etc.). Summary: Overall, Wikimotive is a fast paced, constantly evolving company. It is a great place to work for the social, the tenacious, and the thick skinned. Do not confuse culture and fun with -

Strong Culture, and a Great Place to Design Your Career Path

It's easy to look at the superficial perks: a modern office, friendly and energetic team, game room, media areas and lunches provided and think "this seems like a fun place to work". But with those perks come expectations and accountability, striking a great (and ever improving) balance. Having been an employee for three years now, I came onboard as a freelance contributor and have been promoted to a senior creative position. More importantly, I've been supported and empowered by the management team, while being continually challenged to "do better". What more could an ambitious self-starter looking to carve their own path ask for? Bottom-line: if you're just thinking "looks fun" and are looking to skate by doing the bare minimum, Wikimotive is not the place for you. But if you're looking to do the work needed to build a better quality of work/life, and appreciate the support of a loyal team, you might be a perfect addition.

Pros

Welcoming culture for technical creative and administrative applicants, Opportunities to define your own professional trajectory, Some meals provided, Game & Media rooms, Strong work/life balance.

Cons

Normal growing pains that come with a growing company.

Fantastic Place to Work, Amazing Culture

Everyone works very hard at Wikimotive, but they also have a lot of fun. From Nerf gun wars to ping-pong in the office, to company outings, it's an all around great environment.

Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Wikimotive?

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Wikimotive. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

4.0 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits

Learn about Wikimotive in popular locations

• Wikimotive