Wilberforce University Employee Reviews

Hire yourself here!
Payroll Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Wilberforce, OHSeptember 5, 2018
Unsure, Decisions are made here. Working for Wilberforce University, for myself, I built a sense of pride, devotion, and hard work. A typical day of work consisted of guiding students who you could not only teach, but students you could learn from. While under employment of this company, It felt like family, A culture of nurture. Every single day I saw someone grow! Transform! Inspire! Lead steps to new places for the future. The hardest part of this job, In the best way possible, must've been watching students, graduate, leave summers, find jobs close to campus, support them selves, move away from home, and gain knowledge of their future. Without any doubt, the most enjoyable memories I had to have made would have been keeping children from going back to broken neighborhoods, and place them in positions of self improvement.
Awful place to work
Instructor (Former Employee) –  Wilberforce, OHSeptember 2, 2018
I worked at Wilberforce for three years. It is the worst employment experience I have ever had. The Board and Administration there were highly dysfunctioning and disorganized. The facilities are outdated. Students were complaining about mold in their dorm rooms. In the summers, we often had to bring our own toilet paper to work. Also, they were often understaffed with custodians, so one person had far too much cleaning to do. There was no support from Administration. Although I always got paid on time, several of my co-workers complained that they were not getting paid on time. The turn-over there is ridiculous. And to top it off, they can't keep a president. This university has a long, documented history of being poorly run.
Pros
I got paid on time
Cons
They lack ethics and integrity
great
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Wilberforce, OHJuly 11, 2018
this was a great opportunity to interact with students and sharpen my communication skills. I enjoyed working with the director of libraries and other workers
Fun place to work but right now they are having finacial problem.
Adjunct Professor (Former Employee) –  Wilberforce, OHJune 18, 2018
Laid back and fun place to work.You teach 12hrs a semester which is usually 3 to 4 classes.In a way you work 6hrs a day, 4days a week. you off almost three months in the summer.
Unstable work place
Jr Producer (Current Employee) –  Xenia, OHMay 16, 2018
What I learned working at Wilberforce University was how to problem solve very fast. working there also taught me people skills and how to effectively communicate.
Great Opportunity for Growth
Athletic Director (Current Employee) –  Wilberforce, OHMay 16, 2018
Great opportunity for growth in that there are many needs at the University, and with the size of the student population one can get experiences in many different facets of Higher Education.
Family Environment
LSAMP Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Xenia, OHApril 26, 2018
I loved working at Wilberforce, especially with my Dean/VP of Academic Affairs. She was brilliant and smart and very wise! She loved the students and would go out of her way to make sure they had what they needed to succeed, that in returned was passed on to me! Sometimes this would cause for us to work unusual hours, but we managed to get the job done! We tried our hardest to get to know our students personally and taught them how to be professional and have great work ethics as well as mannerisms! The students loved us and we loved them. I miss them dearly!
Work study
Sales associate (Former Employee) –  Wilberforce, OHApril 23, 2018
Work study job. Allows you to appreciate when you graduate and get a career job. Hard work prepares you for life advances. Friendly Customers/ superv.
Pros
Free items
Cons
N/a
na
Event Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Wilberforce, OHApril 6, 2018
Wilberforce University is a private, coed, liberal arts historically black university located in Wilberforce, Ohio. Affiliated with the African Methodist Episcopal Church, it was the first college to be owned and operated by African Americans
Great people
Professor (Former Employee) –  Wilberforce, OHMarch 30, 2018
The faculty and staff were great. It was fun working with the students. Severe opportunities to be creative and learn more. Fiscal changes caused me to seek other opportunities.

Want to know more about Wilberforce University?

Ask a question
Productive and professional
Student activities Director (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHJanuary 14, 2018
Would definitely have continued working for them. Wilberforce University was an excellent career opportunity that taught me a lot. I gained many new skills and even found mentors to work beside me.
Decent HBCU.
Instructor (Current Employee) –  Wilberforce, OHDecember 21, 2017
Decent HBCU. High turnover rate of staff and faculty. For a student that needs a small classroom setting and a sense of being in a family environment this is a great place to attend. Students are known on a first name basis and are not just treated as a number.
Pros
Familly orientated enviroment.
Cons
High turnover rate of staff and faculty.
Great Place to be an Adjunct Instructor
Facilitator/Trainer (Current Employee) –  Wilberforce, OHDecember 12, 2017
A typical day working as an Online Adjunct instructor was very rewarding, I enjoyed the culture and workplace. The hardest part was not interacting with the other instructors.
Pros
Online/ Remote
Cons
Limited Interaction with other Instructors
not a good place to work
Full-time Adjunct Professor (Current Employee) –  Wilberforce, OHDecember 6, 2017
Not a good workplace environment, the faculty and staff are not all on one accord. There is a disconnect between the two. there is too much going on within the University for some one to advance, people are under paid.
Fub
Library Assistant (Former Employee) –  OhioOctober 9, 2017
It was a nice job just some employee s and manager used to just act crazy for some reason even when u trying still yell.i liked the job but need new boss
Pros
Read on free time
Cons
Had to be aware everything
Walking on egg shells
Technology Analyst (Former Employee) –  Wilberforce, OHAugust 15, 2017
I love Wilberforce University it's my alma mater and I am also a former employee. The university was in dire need of upgrades and progress was/is being made. The biggest problem was the administrations in charge of running the institution for the past say decade or so. Too much time and money spent on self celebrations, stuffing pockets and superficial improvements to impress visitors.
Pros
Its the first HBCU in the nation and there is a spiritual connection to history.
Cons
Poor board and administrative decision making.
Productive and fun work environment
MAIL ROOM ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Wilberforce, OHAugust 8, 2017
Great atmosphere and environment. I worked with lovely and caring people in the financial aid & services department and Mail room. The work was simple and at ease. The work experience was stress-free which was the most enjoyable part of the job.
Poor Management
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Wilberforce, OHAugust 4, 2017
This university is the absolute worst place to work. You will not get paid on time and the management is oblivious to the everyday problems. I feel bad for the students because they are the ones who suffers the most. High turnover rate, work morale is extremely low, you will work weekends and 12 hour work days regularly. There is no work life balance.
Pros
You will meet some awesome students
Cons
Management, Morale, Culture, Pay
Fulfilling, stressful, rewarding
Associate Vice President (Former Employee) –  Wilberforce, OHJuly 8, 2017
The students make everything worthwhile. It's high stress because the resources to do your job is usually lacking, but this provides an opportunity to get creative and innovative to make things happen.
Pros
Spurs the use of creativity and innovation, interaction with students
Cons
Limited resources, usually requires long hours
Uncertain
Low end employee (Current Employee) –  Wilberforce, OHJuly 6, 2017
An uncertain place to work, where management seems to be absent from the issues that occur daily. No support, and uncertain if you are going to be paid on time.
Cons
Never get paid ontime, and management