Wilco Farmers

Wilco Farmers Employee Reviews

United States87 reviews
I consider Wilco a great place to test your knowledge of retail and challenge your abilities to adapt to ever changing situations. Great place to advance.
This is a great place to work! I absolutely love it. Yes there are typical days that feel like work and it isn't always great, but overall I feel very happy here and everyone likes me. I feel appreciated here. Compensation could be a little bit better, but they do give out bonuses, awards, and gifts throughout the year which are definitely appreciated. Over the last eight months, I think I've received around $250+ from just working as a regular employee. I do try to go above and beyond my duty as much as possible and do feel appreciated and noticed when I can do that.
Pros
Holiday free meals/potlucks, employee culture, management, move up opportunity if you work hard
Cons
Busy Rewards Day is crazy
An operation that supports the agricultural culture on farms and in homes. We provided feed, maintenance supplies, crop and garden resources, and the occasional chicken.
Pros
Working with great people for great customers.
Cons
Two years without a weekend or a holiday off (except Thanksgiving and Christmas day).
Corporate and management doesn't care if we have the time, manpower or space to fulfill all the tasks they require and then we get in trouble for it. Management doesn't listen and will micromanage. We are not compensated nearly enough for the liability of dangerous things we have to do with a forklift. Horrible working conditions and poor equipment and weather gear supplied.
Overall the management is great, they are very helpful with scheduling and they understand daily life. Very welcoming people as well and I love working here.
Share your experience
Let job seekers know what it's like to work at your company.
The duties are varied and depending on your skill set the duties could be more than tripled. Store was so understaffed that you cannot use your earned PTO because of the staffing needs of the store.
Pros
Free lunch at meetings
Cons
Healthcare is expensive
Not a horrible place to work. I've definitely worked for worse employers. Great for students or somebody seeking part-time. Overall a pretty good work environment. Only real complaints are difficult management and not full time
Everyone was polite and it was enjoyable to work there. Never had problems with customers or co-workers, overall being a stocker wasnt that bad. I enjoyed coming to work
Rude managers and rude co-workers, very much every man for himself attitude and teamwork was poor most of the times. Whether it be from employees not wanting to do their jobs or disagreement on who should do what. Other heads of the departments giving little heads up with orders making it a nightmare at times because of how full the warehouse would get. There would be times where there was only one way through the main warehouse big enough for one forklift which would cause problems with safety. Mentioning safety, there were a couple times where I almost got skewered/ran over by either the dude that handled the petrol/oil or my own co-workers. Bosses are also not fond of being told what may be wrong or something that is more efficient. Overall, if you don't mind being inconvenienced, being treated poorly, and not listened to then this job is for you!
Pros
Great Discount, Store's staff is mostly friendly
Cons
Read my review
liars! hired for full time, put on part time right away. and had to fight for full time i was hired for!
managers would lie to get you to work shifts you did not want
Official response from Wilco Farmers
February 10, 2020
Employer is looking into this.

Test
A lot of the people are fantastic to work with, all managers I met were friendly and easy to work with. As long as you did your job well and on time you would be fine. The pay is okay, benefits were ok...
Wilco is an unbelievable place to work. Employees truly live the core values, which promote an inviting company culture. They allow for a healthy work-life balance to be achieved and encourage collaboration between all departments.
Best company I have worked with so far, the people are super friendly and you stay busy and productive, but overall the best company for anyone to learn something new I would recommend.
Wilco lives by their mission statement. Employees become like family. Great management that truly cares about their jobs and their employees. Talking with customers that shop there have said that is why they do business with Wilco. It's the same reasons that made it such a great place to work.
You can work at fast food and make about the same but you will work harder. You have no say in any decisions. The management always puts the company first when it comes to raises even if you go above and beyond for every person that walks in the store and help with theft issues. If they want you gone without paying unemployment they will figure out how to make it happen.
I was in the garden center and my knowledge of this area was very helpful. Dedicated customers. Friendly co-workers. Worked with you on family scheduling.Three week advance work schedules. The store manager is difficult to work for and was critical of employees in front of other employees and interrupted you while on the headset system that we communicated on with other co-workers and departments.
The company upon the start seems very caring and about your lifestyle and balance with personal life. But as favoritism of management takes place the balance changes and they start to walk all over you.
The job was o.k. but I left because the pay was not that good as a retail associate. Most of the people are nice but I think they need to manage better. Not much organization and pretty slack when it came to instruction.
Pros
Coffee, Sncack
Cons
Boring and low pay
always busy with a positive atmosphere. lots of opportunity for bonuses, company always offers incentives and great discounts. downside is i worked a lot and was under a lot of stress.
Even with a college degree I felt my input was not appreciated. My boss appeared threatened by me whenever brought up business related concerns. Not much room for growth in the corporate environment.
Pros
na
Cons
na
Extremely poor management within the store I worked at. The manager had her favorites and if you showed dissent you were placed outside her circle. Wilco culture consists of right wing extremists who look down at those who don't show the same political affiliation.
Pros
na
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Wilco Farmers. Our community is ready to answer.
2.9