Wilco Stores & Ag Employee Reviews

Cut throat/ Abusive Groomers
Dog Groomer (Former Employee) –  Lebanon, ORNovember 27, 2018
They do not practice their "Core Value Message." They do not want quality groomers only people to fill the shifts. If you are new to grooming then working for Wilco might work but if you are a seasoned groomer with years of experience be prepared for disappointment regarding pay because you will not be happy. If you report abuse of animals nothing is taken seriously and nothing is done which is quite stressful for other groomers to be around. Management is unskilled and has no idea how a grooming salon should run. Too much drama and unsound individuals working around animals is not a good thing. The shop was disgusting as no one but myself ever cleaned. Never got my lunch and worked through all of my breaks.
Pros
Discounts
Cons
Stressful, Poor management/unskilled dog groomers
Good company
Lawn and Garden Area Specialist (Former Employee) –  Cornelius, ORJuly 17, 2018
Strong core values,
Many facets to the company,
Room for growth,
Employees are also customers,
Reimburses for travel mileage,
Paid company events,
Occasional paid hotel for out of city events
Opportunities to expand knowledge pertaining to all departments of the store.
So Many Options - Retail, Ag, Administration or Management - and They Live Their Core Values
Multiple Positions (Current Employee) –  multiple locationsAugust 4, 2017
Worked for this company for 7 plus years, in several positions. They believe in promoting from within, so don't be afraid to start at the bottom! There have been a lot of changes recently, but I think they will work out in the end and the company will be better for it.
The senior management team is, in my opinion, one of a kind
Pros
Team Atmosphere, Upper Management who listens! So many opportunities for growth and advancement
Awful
Stocked (Former Employee) –  Gig Harbor, WAFebruary 20, 2017
I worked there for a little over a year it is filled with drama the management is not the best there are too many clicks they do not hire great people nor do they hire great leaders there is also no room for improvement unfortunately had some of the worst days when I had work there if you love drama. definitely the place for you. Management was poor I cannot stress that enough extremely happy that I left there. One thing I will say the company is great the people are not.
Pros
They try their best to improve the business all around
Cons
Poor employees & Poor management
Great work atmosphere
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  McMinnville, ORJanuary 25, 2017
Wilco is an amazing work opportunity for anyone whether you're in school a stay at home mom or just need a little extra income. The McMinnville store works very well with schedules and requested days off. Fun upbeat place for employment.
Good Team of employees
Seasonal Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Canby, ORNovember 16, 2016
I had fun working there I was really sad when I had to leave because they couldn't keep me on after my season ended. This was due to being worked to many hrs during the season so that I could only apply for a full time position and have to wait 13 weeks to be able to apply for another seasonal position or even a part time position. I really did like working there and would love to go back after my 13 weeks are up but most likely I will have a different job so I won't be able too.
Good company
Manager in training (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCSeptember 15, 2016
Good culture and work environment with a relaxed atmosphere. Very good and loyal customers, with a small town feel to the stores. Farm store retailer with a successful formula for building customer loyalty and business.
Waste of time
Cashier/Clothing (Former Employee) –  Cornelius, ORAugust 15, 2016
I worked there for a year and 3 months, while I was there we had 3 different managers, each lasting not very long, it was hard to get to know any of them. The last one I had was terrible. Any time anyone has a problem he would pretty much tell them to grow up or get over it. Not a good place to work at all and I definitely wasted my time. There is LOTS of drama there. So if you don't like drama, I recommend you don't apply.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Short lunches, co-workers, managers
Best Place to be a Cashier in McMinnville!
Cashier (Former Employee) –  McMinnville, ORJuly 28, 2016
I've worked with people at quite a few places and out of all of the places, the customers that come into Wilco are the nicest. It really makes the job fun when you look forward to seeing same customers every day. The customer base is so diverse because Wilco has so many different departments. You also start above minimum wage and they like to promote from within, so being a cashier is a great start. And the employee discount is amazing! The management at the McMinnville store is great, she will jump in and help in any role if you are busy. The environment is also very team oriented and we were always having potlucks and celebrating birthdays; it's really just a great company to work for.
Pros
Pay, Team environment, Management, Coworkers, Employee Discount, Dress Code, Customers
Cons
Store music during the Holidays
Like any other job check in and get to work
Area Specialist (Former Employee) –  Stayton, ORAugust 6, 2015
Stocking and helping customers find what they need and answer any question to help them use the product more correctly. I learned a lot about merchandising hard lines . the best part of my job was the customers and the ones I would see everyday. Stocking fifty pound bags of fertilizer everyday and some times multiple times in a day. I got it done with no complaints. I had a great manager. Made lots of friends.
Retai convience store
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Danville, VADecember 17, 2012
Corporate controled c- store. They had a huge business, and a large customer base.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Wilco Stores & Ag. Our community is ready to answer.