Wilcox Industries Corp.

Wilcox Industries Corp. Employee Reviews

I have worked at Wilcox since 2006. My job is both challenging and fulfilling. I have been encouraged by supervisors and managers alike, to be a free thinker, and to continually implement changes that will improve product quality, manufacturing efficiency, and on time delivery. I am always stimulated intellectually, and I rarely get bored. My pay is commensurate to similar jobs in the area, and in my field.
Wilcox is the worst of the worst, in all respects possible. The products are knowingly defective, and just plain garbage. The "new" offices are awful and nobody wants to be there. In addition, Wilcox does not pay their bills and everyone is amazed that they ever make payroll. The only positive thing that can be said is free coffee.
A typical day of work is standard: walk in, do your work, have a couple meetings, and go home. The company is managed significantly well and the work flow is smooth and efficient. The company operates at a high rate while also doing meaningful work as a military company. The work itself is more like "inventing." The projects are open-ended and they can make a person think. No day is the same as the one before when it is all about problem solving. The best part about the job is the community and the ability to invent things, within constraints of course. The company is expanding fast and a gym, sauna, and cafeteria are all being added along with state-of-the-art equipment. The hardest part about the job is also the most interesting part of the job. The work is about inventing things. Given constraints, a product must be created. This requires problem solving which can be frustrating, difficult, motivating, and fun all at the same time.
The worksite is a nice comfortable place. Definitely set up to impress investors. Working there was pretty good and everyone was friendly. Due to the nature of the company there was some fast pace deadlines but that's what makes working there interesting.
Met a lot of good people and really enjoy working at Wilcox. It's pretty laid back in comparison to my past jobs and the people here make it an easy work day. Production is always pretty intense but that's business as usual. Good pay, great benefits, and a very nice facility. Would recommend people to work here.
My Manager doesn't like to answer e mails to help improve the working conditions and was never around. She does't believe your comments on your observatios. From what I heard her previos job was a floor inspector now she is Director of Quality.
Pros
Cons
No communication
I have enjoyed the many interactions I have on a daily basis with all the departments at Wilcox. Everyone is willing to offer assistance if you need it to get the job done.
Pros
Atmosphere
Independently owned company that worked for government defense and police departments. Various and some unique products, very mechanically orientated.
Pros
small company
Cons
not the greatest healthcare, no annual review.
It is not a good policy to hire family members. They more often than not do not do a good job and do nothing to boost employee morale. The son of the owner who recently joined the company is one good example why this policy will not work.
everyone works well together to meet customer requirements cutting edge technology, excellent engineering staff controlled chaos but well worth the end goal
Great place to work. Pay is competitive, and there’s good camaraderie amongst the staff. It’s a fast-paced environment, and you’re expected to be productive, but given the freedom and tools to succeed. A lot of positive changes have been made recently and it seems the company is heading in the right direction. There are strong family and military ties within the company, and I was made to feel a part of the team from the get go.
Pros
Support
Cons
Time
A lot of positive changes have been made recently, however Wilcox is run by several uneducated families and incoming talent poorly vetted. High turn over rate and it takes a long time to understand any part of ogangization. As an engineer, you are expected to solve all problems quickly, but use no company resources.
The work was stressful. The management wasn't very good they constantly push people to the bone. I wasn't very happy with that because they didn't really care about the employees.
Pros
The pay was good
Cons
A very stressful environment
Not a great place to work. Company politics make the work very uncomfortable. Could be great with better management but currently lacking the support system it needs.
When a company hires all family members on the HR and Management side, things are bound to go wrong. I have never seen some many s**ual harassment cases from HR... and because he was HR and the brother in law to the owner he got away with it all. Also if you are late coming in from break they chew you out, but management takes 15 smoke breaks a day. Unprofessional people, but they do have a great facility.
Pros
not many
Cons
management
Wilcox Inds. is a very busy place to work, the people are friendly and willing to pitch in on a moments notice. The Wilcox product line and their commitment to the United States Armed Forces is the primary reason I chose to work at Wilcox.
If you like to work in a company where you are wasting your time this is the place for you.
Pros
free coffee
Cons
micromanaging, bully boss ceo \ owner