Wild Adventures Theme Park Employee Reviews

work review
Performer/Dancer (Former Employee) –  GeorgiaApril 15, 2018
It is nice to place to work at. It gets really hot out but I loved working here. Employees and management is awesome....................................
Fun, relaxed, and quick paced job
Admissions Department (Former Employee) –  Valdosta, GAApril 1, 2018
I really enjoyed working at Wild Adventures Theme Park. My long days there were really worth my time. Seeing and meeting people from different places made my day! I rarely had any rude customers in my department. I made sure I always had a good attitude and make a great transaction without any problems. My manager did a fantastic job training me at the Turnstiles (front gate), Tollbooth (parking pay), Kiosk (ticket booth), and Season pass (Making season passes. I think the hardest part about working at Wild adventures was the summer heat, but I made sure I was always hydrated. Last but not least seeing kids and their loved ones smiled is what I loved most!
Pros
free admission
Cons
One break
Wild Adventures
Operator (Current Employee) –  Valdosta, GAMarch 27, 2018
Awesome place to work. Has good hours. A typical day at work is scanning tickets and speaking to the guest. I enjoy speaking to the guest to see how they are doing.
Pros
Good hours
Cons
No health insurance
games attendant
Games Attendant (Former Employee) –  Valdosta, GAMarch 11, 2018
Very fun place to work for. Staff is amazing and very friendly. The park is kind of run down so the facilities aren't the best. Hours and pay are so-so.
awful
Attractions Attendant (Former Employee) –  Valdosta, GAFebruary 22, 2018
The job itself is super easy but everything else is awful. You'll call for a bathroom break and it could be a good hour or so before you receive one IF you even do. Expected to work 12 hour shifts with only a 45 minute break which goes by too fast since you aren't allowed to be seen eating by guests and you have to take your meal all the way to the breakroom that's located in the front of the park. They work on a point system and aren't flexible with scheduling. This job mostly consists of kids right out of high school or college kids and are always understaffed. Weather conditions can also be pretty harsh. Minimum wage and supervisors are lazy and have favorites.
Pros
free admissions to park, easy job
Cons
short breaks, bad pay, long hours, harsh weather, lazy and bias management
Terrible
Group Sales (Former Employee) –  Valdosta, GAFebruary 21, 2018
I got great experience but upper management is terrible to all of their salaried employees and treats them like a piece of meat. They make it clear that they do not care about you.
My First Job
Admissions Team Member (Former Employee) –  Valdosta, GAFebruary 7, 2018
I honestly liked this job, however, management was not the best. Scheduling as confusing, especially when management picked who got to go home and when. Other than that, the job was fun and is great for teens who are looking for their first jobs.
Pros
Pay, friendly coworkers, environment, discounts
Cons
Organization
wild adventures
Ride Operator (Former Employee) –  Valdosta, GAFebruary 7, 2018
A typical day is very slow paced. You are usually standing in the sun all day so it can be tiring. There really aren't many challenges you will face. so id say its a decent side job.
Cool job, pitiful pay
Admissions Associate (Former Employee) –  Valdosta, GAFebruary 3, 2018
This is meant to be an interactive and fun job, but don't expect to ever get financially compensated for working hard or working several hours at a time.
I would not recommend working here.
Lifeguard (Former Employee) –  Valdosta, GAFebruary 3, 2018
Wild Adventures does not treat you fair and with respect like you should receive, and the pay is not good at all for the amount of work and hours your putting in.
Pros
You meet a lot of new people from different cultures
Cons
Bad pay and you are not treated fairly.

Want to know more about Wild Adventures Theme Park?

Ask a question
Enjoyable but need to be aware at all times for safety hazards
Lifeguard (Former Employee) –  Valdosta, GAJanuary 24, 2018
Management was the best part of the job. They were fun, easy to talk too, and understanding of personal needs. The culture of the place made it a warm place to work at, and every employee did their job well. The hardest part of the job was dealing with the sun, and maintaining your health while standing there for hours of the day.
Not a good place for employment
Merchandise Associate (Former Employee) –  Valdosta, GAJanuary 15, 2018
The people who work there don’t know if you are new to the work place so they aren’t friendly or introduce themselves. When you are working with a partner is the only time you get to know a coworker other than that your by yourself most of the time you are working.
Pros
Good for a summer job, or teens first job, you cannot make a living from this job unless you are a manager
Cons
There are no pay raises, if you say yes to working over time they only pay you time and a half for it (only on holidays), no room for promotions, pay is terrible ($7.25 hourly)
The good and the bad
Attractions Attendant (Former Employee) –  Valdosta GeorgiaJanuary 5, 2018
I like Wild Adventures but there's some major downfalls about it one of the OIC try their best to cut my throat this season in the attraction and the Paychex was kind of really low boost up that cash to $9hr long hours in the sun and low pay doesn't pay the bills I love my supervisor she was very nice and funny met a lot of good and horrible people and meant a lot of misbehavior kids that gives a rude mouth Towards you in the attractions by just saying the rules overall the supervisors should start working on that lack of communications especially the new ones the trainers the trainers are alright but there's still a few bad apples my mother had a bad season what she stated when it comes down to the trainers on training you to how to run the ride she stated that there was a lot of favoritism what their supervisors and trainers were doing overall not bad place to work if you looking to earn a little cash
Pros
Lunch breaks are short and pay is short amount
Cons
More than meets the eye
It wasn't worth the stress
Food and Beverage (Former Employee) –  Valdosta, GAJanuary 4, 2018
It was fine at most parts working there but no one cared about you individually except your fellow co-workers. It was very demanding and completely wasn't worth the stress it puts on you daily especially at the low pay rate you are on.
Nice Temporary Workplace
Marketing Inside Sales Team Member (Former Employee) –  Valdosta, GADecember 29, 2017
A nice place to work if you are attending school. Very flexible hours. An environment that encourages team work. Overall very friendly. Recommend previous customer service experience
Pros
Free tickets
fun place but not so friendly
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Valdosta, GADecember 10, 2017
I learned that you have to be careful of who to trust. Some of management is nice and relatable but most don't care and will do stuff to make you want to walk out on the job. Very diverse with people from everywhere coming to work. The hardest part of the job is trying to achieve everybody needs. The most enjoyable part is meeting the new people you encounter everyday.
Pros
employment 30% and free tickets for friends and family
Cons
45 minutes breaks and management accuse you of something you didn't do.
Wild Adventures is not great for great people.
MARKETING COORDIANTOR (Current Employee) –  Valdosta, GAAugust 31, 2017
If you are satisfactory, this is the place for you. However if you are great at your job and take value in what you do this is not the place for you.

Wild Adventures has poor communication between departments. They are the home for meetings and no action. And most importantly, Wild Adventures keeps incompetent people around and sifts important things from their plate to the plates of the rock stars, causing the good workers to get overloaded and burned out.
The job is good for kids that are still in school
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Valdosta, GAJuly 21, 2017
If you work in the warehouse at wild adventure be prepared to be very hot and work in all climate in the rain and in the cool so if you are up to it this job is yours
productive workplace
Admissions/Customer Service Associate (Current Employee) –  Valdosta, GAJuly 20, 2017
i really liked working at wild adventures because the customers and the people i've worked with were very diverse and friendly to work with. Everday you would meet new people you would have the opportunity to interact with.
Pros
always had a 45 minute break
Cons
didnt work many hours
Lifeguard at Wild Adventures
Lifeguard (Former Employee) –  Valdosta, GAJuly 3, 2017
over the several months i worked here i learned a lot with Life guarding, CPR and basic emergency acctions, but also found out that the management is bad off.
Pros
free Lifeguard, CPR and first aid course
Cons
bad work schedules and pay