WildBrain

Working at WildBrain: 33 Reviews

great place to work but not to grow

they don't offer a lot of opportunities to grow, its hard to be kept in the company without connections as there is a lot of favoritism within the company, seems like Amir wanst to take the company into the right direction tho

Productive but most artists were private. The connection was terrible. Maybe is normal in Canada.

Wildbrain is in my heart. If I quit it .I will keep it in mind to help. The best location. Respectful production. And I had a chance to work 2 years in the best condition.

WildBrain insights

Areas for improvement
  • Ability to learn new things
  • Inclusive work environment
  • Trust in colleagues

Great PLace.

lovely studio with good management. great quality of work. Fun crew and easy to get along with. Fair deadlines. the studio has awesome amount of support and care for thier working staff.

Pros

great people and envoriment .

a great team with a great management. It’s been 3 years since I joined the team at WildBrain and I really enjoyed that quality time, very good school to learn in a friendly environment.

Great workplace

Wonderful place to work! I worked here and now Indeed is requiring me to fill up this space with at least 150 characters, so this is how I'm doing exactly that.

Corporate Atmosphere

Relatively easygoing, but insistent on a 9am-6pm work day if you take an hour off at lunch. 9-5 is allowed if you choose to eat at your desk. I don't find this conducive to a fair work-life balance.

Great place to learn the ropes

Will learn the importance of meeting deadlines, adapting to a fast paced environment, following direction, and putting in a lot of hours with no extra pay. There are benefits and DHX/Wildbrain does offer resources to assist with the well being of its' employees. In general the people working there are great and very friendly.

A good place to work, friendly atmosphere & good people.

It's a good company to work for, they do quality work & the people for the most part are easy to work for & get along with. I thought that the pay was fair, but the dollar amount I received never went up. Even with my experience I sometimes had a struggle to get a cost of living raise.

Pros

Good atmosphere, modern studio & equipment.

Cons

Lack of pay raises over the years.

Fun, Productive Environment

Working at DHX is a great mix of meaningful work and a healthy work life balance. Salaries are a bit low, but compared to other studios, they take care of their employees.

Productive Work environment

Dhx is a very wholesome and fun environment with a lot of people working together in a productive and helpful manner enticing you to push you knowledge and meet great people.

Just getting into their stride

The company is just getting into their stride. Picking up some interesting projects. Lots of great people. nice new building. A lot of people are still learning Maya it seemed at the time

Professional and easy to work at.

I liked working at DHX. It's a larger company, excellent and quick IT support. There's free coffee. I wasn't a fan of the BNET asset tracking system they use, but good managers made it easy.

Pros

Free Coffee and motorcycle parking.

Cons

Worked in a dark room with no windows.

Great Atmosphere

The Lighting and Comp department has a great atmosphere. Friendly helpful team environment. Busy environment Learned a lot in the year I've worked there. Sometimes there are free screenings with popcorn at the nearest movie theatre.

Bizarre management style

Roles and responsibilities not well defined. People were given titles instead of raises so you'd have a department full of "coordinators and Managers" with no staff or experience.

Difficult to achieve work life balance. Management has high expectations with little communication.Wages are very low compared to rest of industry. No paid overpaid but a lot expected.

Life at DHX is great!

DHX is a great place to meet amazing, like-minded people who want to have fun on a daily basis. They have a big facility with plenty of areas to relax during breaks and lunch! At DHX, you are encouraged to try and learn new things. Management has always been forgiving and allows you to grow as an artist at your own pace. The hardest part of my job was learning how to use V-Ray (this was my first job working with software rendering). This was an incredibly daunting task, but with the right leadership and encouragement, I was able to comfortably learn this tremendously helpful tool.

Pros

Free coffee, big facility, great places for lunch, reasonable workload, no overtime, fun tasks, company events, summer hours (half days), good benefits

Cons

Pay is on the lower side

2D Animator

work with freelancer doing Special Pose Artist Pose Artist for Animation 2D in my house in Brazil. I did not go to Canada, it's a 4-month work contract.

Pros

best

Cons

best

Great projects and good work environment

Great place to work, full of talented people willing to share their knowledge and help you grow and better yourself. Lots of things to learn and people to meet.

Great experience

Great workplace, people were very supportive and nice to work for and encouraging. Would definitely like to work for them and their team again in the future.

Fun place, low pay, shareholding employees kept in the dark

In over half a decade, my salary has increased just about under 10%. The work culture is quite good, but the complaints around pay are constant. Understandable, since the stock price has plummeted over the past 3 years. What's been frustrating is that employees are kept in the dark as to why no one seems to advance or get a raise, why summer parties/Christmas parties get smaller and smaller, why we suddenly need to pay more for our health benefits, etc. All non-management-level employees know something is wrong, but no one at the top has bothered to explain/admit. Again, the culture is fantastic, and the work is generally fun (which, I'm guessing, is why employees stay, despite low salaries).

Pros

cafe/barista, lots of technology, good IT staff, friendly employees/management

Cons

low pay, no maternity leave top up, lots of secrecy surrounding DHX's vitality

Not a bad company but not the greatest

While the co-workers at DHX were a pleasure to work for, Management needs to work on its communication skills The company has great benefits for there employees. The HR department does not know what it is doing. It only does what the company requests, They are of no benefit to the employees

Ask a question about working or interviewing at WildBrain. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.5 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits
  • WildBrain
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?