Wildlife Conservation Society Employee Reviews

Good work place
Team Leader/Commissary Driver (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NYApril 11, 2019
I was working there for four seasons it was a good work place, we had a good system going until they changed upper management which wanted to change everything that need not to be changed
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
It was seasonal
fun
Handling membership sales (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NY 10460March 21, 2019
a great place to learn new skills and interact with all types of people.Very fast paced and is very weather dependent with scheduling for part time staff.
Introduction to Washington
Federal Legislative Intern (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCMarch 1, 2019
Wildlife Conservation is an excellent field for learning how to operate in Washington, since there are arguments that appeal to all political beliefs and walks of life.The office environment friendly.
Positive work environment
Operations/Maintenance (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYFebruary 8, 2019
I truly enjoyed working for WCS and was extremely sorry for departing due to family matters, but if ever given the opportunity again I would without hesitation work there
Pros
Excellent co-workers and management
Cons
Too much peacock mess
management
Guest Services (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NYJanuary 18, 2019
Management was horrible & so were the hours they would send people home too early & wouldn't even do a 8hrs shift. The job is so disorganized. Employees & management so unprofessional.
Team Leader/ Cashier (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NYDecember 12, 2018
One of my favorite jobs. Will refer anyone to work their just for the Experience seeing the Animals daily working with all different kinds of people of different ethnicity. Managers where amazing just once the weather went bad everyone had to close up
Pros
Free lunch people ways nice
Cons
Too many hrs list due to bad weather
nice place to work
Sales Associate/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NYDecember 5, 2018
It was fun working with the customers and the animals. the managers were sometimes rude and didnt give everyone a fair chance to get up to where they wanted or needed to be
Fun
Bronx Zoo Education Department Intern (Former Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 21, 2018
Great workplace. Many of the girls in my department were closed off however, everyone was very welcoming and kind. The hardest part was sometimes things got repetitive. Management was amazing.
Best job I ever had
Accounts Payable Clerk (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NYSeptember 17, 2018
Great Organization to work for, with room for advancement. Everyone works as a team, collaboration of co-workers is impeccable. Fun and busy environment.
Unpaid Youth Volunteer
Prospect Park Zoo Discover Guide Volunteer (Current Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYAugust 13, 2018
I am an unpaid high school volunteer working with the education department. The environment is extremely welcoming and friendly. I most often times work with young children and it is a priceless feeling to have when you know that you've impacted a younger visitor. We work to welcome visitors to the Zoo and provide activities that are not only fun, but also educational to enhance their experience.
Strict stressful not fun but the pay was great
Restaurant Server (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NYAugust 9, 2018
I would have continued to work but I was put in a spot where I was not physically put to work in that area. My manager was extremely strict and worked with a method of fear. My other coworkers had a private conversations about each other’s problems.
Pros
Free lunches
Organization is in a deficit and disorganized
Finance Manager (Current Employee) –  Bronx, NYAugust 4, 2018
This organization has a lot more expenses than revenue. Systems aren't centralized. A lot of manual work because of lack of funding. Long meetings because they are unorganized and unfocused. On a typical day a meeting can last for 2 hours with nothing accomplished. Upper management has a lot of ideas and solutions but don't want to spend the funds to fulfill these ideas and solutions. Therefore one is expected to work harder not smarter. Beware of this organization you will be pigeonhole in your position because of the lack of funding and understaff.
Pros
Cons
Unorganized, Pigeonhole
Gerat place
Director of Data Analytics (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NYJuly 10, 2018
Great place to work with a solid mission. Feel good about your work in a close knit environment in the middle of the Bronx Zoo. It was the best place I've ever worked.
Okay but disorganized
Consultant (Former Employee) –  Maroansetra, MadagascJune 15, 2018
The managers often disagree about what they want accomplished. It is left to the lower positions to be the go between the managers and build a consensus as what is to be done.
temp
cook (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMay 28, 2018
not bad environment, I just feel like they only higher random people do not care about their attitudes. I just think sometimes they just pick whoever needs a job.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
disrespectful co-workers and lack of discipline
Bad Human Resources
Manager (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMay 24, 2018
Worst place to work and if you have a complaint about your director do not go to Human Resources because they tell the director and they retaliate against you. SOOOOOO Badddd that everyone warns you not to go to HR.
Pros
the animals
Cons
everything else
Great opportunity place to work
Distict worker and bathroom attend (Former Employee) –  Bronx nyApril 30, 2018
I never get board with working there i love working there and got to met some great people.its always something to do there and we got to ride the rides free
Great work/life balance
Group Sales Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NYMarch 7, 2018
I enjoyed working here. I worked indoors in an office environment. I had a great schedule as Monday - Friday 9-5pm.

WCS is very inclusive and the company gives equal opportunity. However, once you work here you notice that people are not as they seem and cut corners to be where they are (in management).
Pros
Paid Sick Leave
Cons
Low pay.
horriable place to work
ADMINISTRATOR ON CORPORATE WEB BASED ACCOUNTS (Current Employee) –  Bronx, NYMarch 2, 2018
the salary is horrible. they do not pay you what your worth and expect so much from you.The management have attitudes that they are better than you, but in reality they have no idea what they are doing. I really hate this place and want to get out will be doing that soon.
Chaotic workplace, no structure
Program Manager (Current Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 1, 2018
Great mission, dedicated staff, field officers and staff are creative and resourceful. At head offices, there is a lack of organizational strategy, values, staff are not managed and lack guidance and direction. Poor compensation compared to similar organizations, low employee morale. Disturbing lack of diversity in middle and upper management.
Pros
Mission driven
Cons
Chaotic, unstructured, uncertain