Wildlife Conservation Society Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Gerat place
Director of Data Analytics (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NYJuly 10, 2018
Great place to work with a solid mission. Feel good about your work in a close knit environment in the middle of the Bronx Zoo. It was the best place I've ever worked.
temp
cook (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMay 28, 2018
not bad environment, I just feel like they only higher random people do not care about their attitudes. I just think sometimes they just pick whoever needs a job.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
disrespectful co-workers and lack of discipline
Bad Human Resources
Manager (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMay 24, 2018
Worst place to work and if you have a complaint about your director do not go to Human Resources because they tell the director and they retaliate against you. SOOOOOO Badddd that everyone warns you not to go to HR.
Pros
the animals
Cons
everything else
Great opportunity place to work
Distict worker and bathroom attend (Former Employee) –  Bronx nyApril 30, 2018
I never get board with working there i love working there and got to met some great people.its always something to do there and we got to ride the rides free
Great work/life balance
Group Sales Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NYMarch 7, 2018
I enjoyed working here. I worked indoors in an office environment. I had a great schedule as Monday - Friday 9-5pm.

WCS is very inclusive and the company gives equal opportunity. However, once you work here you notice that people are not as they seem and cut corners to be where they are (in management).
Pros
Paid Sick Leave
Cons
Low pay.
horriable place to work
ADMINISTRATOR ON CORPORATE WEB BASED ACCOUNTS (Current Employee) –  Bronx, NYMarch 2, 2018
the salary is horrible. they do not pay you what your worth and expect so much from you.The management have attitudes that they are better than you, but in reality they have no idea what they are doing. I really hate this place and want to get out will be doing that soon.
Chaotic workplace, no structure
Program Manager (Current Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 1, 2018
Great mission, dedicated staff, field officers and staff are creative and resourceful. At head offices, there is a lack of organizational strategy, values, staff are not managed and lack guidance and direction. Poor compensation compared to similar organizations, low employee morale. Disturbing lack of diversity in middle and upper management.
Pros
Mission driven
Cons
Chaotic, unstructured, uncertain
Fun Relaxed atmosphere great managers, team leaders, and coworkers
Rides Associate (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NY 10460February 20, 2018
Roll call in the mornings were amazing. Great encouragement for start of day. Managers are very flexible with employees. Fair hours and fair pay considering how the economy is going. I love my job hope to get accepted again. Although I'm moving to Jersey wouldn't mind travelling to work.
Pros
Courtesy food, great discounts. All around great place to work
Cons
Wish the season lasted longer. No complaints
Educator to All
Zoo Quest Interpreter (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NYJanuary 30, 2018
A typical day will start and end with a meeting. I loved being able to be outside and interact with the public. I engaged them with different activities and different facts about the animals or the zoo itself.
Pros
Employee Discount
fun work place
Food Service Worker (Former Employee) –  Bronx, IDJanuary 21, 2018
it was a nice pleasant place .I had fun and I also met nice people there. There were nice co workers and management at the work place.I also learned a lot while I was there.
enjoyable part of the job is teaching kids and adults about animals
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYJanuary 7, 2018
Teaching the kids but also the parents about the animals and their lifestyles and hearing their knowledge about the animals. Sometimes hearing their knowledge educates me because they would know way more so we would use the customers knowledge to educate others.
standing in the sun all day
Rides associate (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 1, 2018
if you can tolerate the sun , its the best job for you. your there from opening till closing every shift, which is 9-5. can get boring depending on the department. very friendly and family orientated, the whole job have parties to celebrate the workers.
WCS Education is Awesome!
Nature Trek Coordinator, Bronx Zoo (Current Employee) –  New York, NYDecember 26, 2017
Overall, I have loved working with WCS. Within my own smaller department, the people and leadership are wonderful! I have been able to take on many new projects and advance in my role here for the past few years.
Stressful, but rewarding
Children's Zoo Associate - Bronx Zoo (Former Employee) –  New York, NYDecember 12, 2017
Seeing the joy of the thousands of people that can come to the park on a given day will never get old. But day to day life required a lot of hard work.
Kitchen
Restaurant Associate (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NYDecember 8, 2017
it was fun and fast paced
worked in a small restaurant inside the bronx zoo
learned new skills
met new people
got along very well with the company
was reliable for the job
work work work
Admission Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NYNovember 29, 2017
Even on a busy day this job is fun to work at, but that's it. Dont expect to get pat on the back or any advancement if you dont make a friend or two there.
Unpaid
Children Zoo Associate (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NYNovember 5, 2017
I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Wildlife Conservation Society (New York, NY). Interview were made of a First round was an initial phone call where the position/my background was discussed. Next step was a short code test, followed by an in-person interview. The whole process was very transparent and they were prompt in communication with me.
Pros
Hour Breaks with 20 mintue water break
Cons
lay off and unpaid
Fast Paced Enviroment
Operational Statistics Clerk (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NYOctober 30, 2017
Fast Paced environment with a lot of young adults working there. They have a lot of full time and part time positions available. It gets really busy on the summer, and dies down in the winter.
Pros
Free lunches if you work in the restaurant dept
Cons
You get laid Off in the winter season
brilliant colleagues working to save the world
National Manager, Wildlife Crisis Campaign (Former Employee) –  NY, CAOctober 16, 2017
Simply one of the best not for profit institutions in the world dedicated to saving our planet. Every day you felt you were doing something important.

How to make a difference. Recognizing we call can and must.

Teamwork

Travel

Saving wildlife
Pros
Willingness to explore new ideas
Cons
location
Enjoyable, friendly atmosphere with decent employee perks
Group Sales Administrative Associate (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NYAugust 25, 2017
Jobs here are seasonal yet a few yearly positions seem to open up to outstanding, hardworking team players. Employment with WCS allows a person free admission to any and all of 5 parks including the Bronx Zoo.