WILDLIFE TRADING COMPANY

WILDLIFE TRADING COMPANY Employee Reviews

I had a fun time working here. The job is very seasonal however. The summer is booming. The winter is boring. It's hard to keep afloat with this kind of inconsistent work.
This is my favorite job I've ever had. There's a very welcoming friendly environment and all my coworkers got along great. There's a sense a family. Management is understanding, cares about all their employees, and is always willing to help work out any scheduling conflicts that arise. Flexible hours great for students. Not many chances to rise in the company, but when higher positions do open up, they often look at current employees to fill them. Good for those who prefer no early mornings or late nights (open 10am-6pm, 10am-9pm tuesday only)
Pros
40% employee discount, flexible scheduling, understanding and friendly management, great workplace culture
Cons
Not many chances for raises, limited hours
I really love working for this company. They worked around my school schedule and that of my 2nd job as well. The current management is an awesome team. If you enjoy working with the public, love animals, and the ocean, then you would have a great time working here. This is a high demand job in the late spring through summer, but slows way down in fall and winter. But, during the "season", you will work full time if you want. Weekends are all but required and we are open for ALL holidays EXCEPT Christmas Day. Can't wait to get back to work.
This is strictly a part time employer. Good for someone looking for no benefits, no raises, no paid time off, and certainly no advancement. Expect to be sent home early if slow. There is no incentive to go above and beyond. There are no raises. Management has no respect for workers. Treatment is terrible. Best for short term till something else comes along. Overworked and underpaid.
Great Company to work for. It's productive and fun. I had the pleasure of meeting new people who are amazing and care for wildlife conservation. It was truly a great experience.
Would you rate your company five stars?
Rate your employer to help people make better career decisions.
Great everyone is real friendly with one another. Great place to work. Flexible hours. Great adventure park. Animals galore. Just all around a great place to work.
Company is successful despite itself. Has an excellent business model however lacks strategic direction and the tools to maximize profitability. Compensation is a major isssue and they are comfortable being the “low paying employer”. Financial transparency is virtually non-existent.
The Gift shop that's located inside the St. Louis Science center is VERY *Slow* when its not the summer. There's No benefits, raises or barley promotions.
This is a great job with excellent management! Noisy and extremely busy in the on season but no hours January through March. They are flexible with the house you need off except through the river of lights! All hands on deck!
This company is all about the bottom line and nothing else. Would not recommend unless you are looking for a very part time sales job. After season the hours will go to 8 hours per month. No benefits, nothing to recommend this job.
Definitely a fun environment to work in.. great perks, great team, great pay. They hire within. Excellent leadership role that was given and appreciated the opportunity to grow in the company.
Pros
Pay, benefits, environment, discounts
Cons
Micro management
In the summer, it's really busy and everyone works 30-39 hours per week. Unless you requested less hours. Less than a month after labor day, hours drop to under 20 hours per week. They also pay 2 weeks in arrears, so you will have to wait about a month for your first check. Other wise it's a great place to work.
I was typically there from open to close if not always closing. It was an easy job requiring minimal skill. Collecting customer orders and getting them together to send to the customer in the most cost efficient way. Maintaining a clean sales floor for walk in customers and making sure the store was stocked fully and always presentable.
I was forced out to make room for the managers mistress. TRUTH There are always two sides to every story and they don’t care about yours . I left a company that I had been with for many years to come here . The store manager recruited me for two months and was interviewed by tha store manager and the Regional manager who both loved me . Sixty day into it I’m all of the sudden the enemy. The manager needs to stop stealing and stop letting someone else call the shots.
Management is taking money from the cash registers, specifically face paint, everyone is perpetually stuck in the mind frame of high schoolers, obsessed with gossiping and manipulation, they under value their employees and put their employees through too much stress for 8.75 an hour, to put that in layman's terms if you are lucky enough to ever receive 37 hours there you will only receive about 280 after a 2 week work week. Don't do it. Trust me. That whole experience was one year of my life I'll never get back, and the "friends" I made there turned out to be the ones who abused me and their power more than anyone else. Run while you still can. You don't need this kind of negativity in your life! Trust me.
Pros
40% discount on merch, free admission to the aquarium, sea turtle
Cons
Management taking money, everyone perpetually stuck in mind frame of high schoolers, gossiping, manipulation, under value employees, put employees through much stress for 8.75 an hour, 37hours=280$
Engaging with customers, often adults with children and families, was enjoyable. Having multiple gift shops and kiosks to work at was a pleasure and the different environments made working interesting. Management was kind and organized. Being able to see the animals was a huge plus.
Set-up face paint table and supplies. Greet customers and discuss product choices and services. Write out service and cost receipts. Waves of business from slow periods of guest wanting service on normal days to event and holidays super busy and constant.
Pros
10% discount
Gift shop at the Zoo isn't a bad gig. I got to meet different nationalities all with smiles and easy going. Just re stocking toys and cleaning wasn't bad at all.
Pros
Easy going
Cons
Busy
So I had applied for just face painting, even the add stated it was a far painting position. Well the interview was with a bunch of people and you couldn't ask question. But I got the job. Breaks are short, if it's 102 out you still have to work, even though we were told that if it rains we would close the face painting stand ( it's rain paint runs when wet) but they made us stand outside in the cold& heat with no coat (weren't allowed) We also could accept tips & they move people around, like face painted would be doing retail, lots of random scheduled changes too
Pros
You got to be around animals
Cons
It was a minim wage job and it was seasonal, but you did get to spend all day at the Oregon Coast Aquarium. It's a great summer job for those wanted to work and go to school
Pros
Friendly staff
Cons
Seasonal
Worked for the company for a good amount of time, family friendly vibe. There's room for advancement if you put in effort, the pay is low compared to competition. Management is understanding... Well they at least seem to be understanding. There's a lot of disorganization that needs addressed but it's a young company with growing to do. Was a good company to work for overall.
Pros
Room to advance
Cons
Healthcare isn't great, stressful