WILDLIFE TRADING COMPANY Employee Reviews

Not good
Recieving (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma AquariumJune 29, 2019
I was forced out to make room for the managers mistress. TRUTH
There are always two sides to every story and they don’t care about yours . I left a company that I had been with for many years to come here . The store manager recruited me for two months and was interviewed by tha store manager and the Regional manager who both loved me . Sixty day into it I’m all of the sudden the enemy. The manager needs to stop stealing and stop letting someone else call the shots.
Management is a joke, so is the job
Face Painter (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma aquariumJune 4, 2019
Management is taking money from the cash registers, specifically face paint, everyone is perpetually stuck in the mind frame of high schoolers, obsessed with gossiping and manipulation, they under value their employees and put their employees through too much stress for 8.75 an hour, to put that in layman's terms if you are lucky enough to ever receive 37 hours there you will only receive about 280 after a 2 week work week. Don't do it. Trust me. That whole experience was one year of my life I'll never get back, and the "friends" I made there turned out to be the ones who abused me and their power more than anyone else. Run while you still can. You don't need this kind of negativity in your life! Trust me.
Pros
40% discount on merch, free admission to the aquarium, sea turtle
Cons
Management taking money, everyone perpetually stuck in mind frame of high schoolers, gossiping, manipulation, under value employees, put employees through much stress for 8.75 an hour, 37hours=280$
Outdoor, engaging and enjoyable employment working in gift shops.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Providence, RISeptember 20, 2018
Engaging with customers, often adults with children and families, was enjoyable. Having multiple gift shops and kiosks to work at was a pleasure and the different environments made working interesting. Management was kind and organized. Being able to see the animals was a huge plus.
Beautiful location
Face Painter (Former Employee) –  Palm Desert, CAApril 14, 2018
Set-up face paint table and supplies. Greet customers and discuss product choices and services. Write out service and cost receipts.

Waves of business from slow periods of guest wanting service on normal days to event and holidays super busy and constant.
Pros
10% discount
Gift Shop
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZMarch 20, 2018
Gift shop at the Zoo isn't a bad gig. I got to meet different nationalities all with smiles and easy going. Just re stocking toys and cleaning wasn't bad at all.
Pros
Easy going
Cons
Busy
Rhode Island face painter
Face Painter / Photographer (Former Employee) –  Providence, RIFebruary 14, 2018
So I had applied for just face painting, even the add stated it was a far painting position. Well the interview was with a bunch of people and you couldn't ask question. But I got the job. Breaks are short, if it's 102 out you still have to work, even though we were told that if it rains we would close the face painting stand ( it's rain paint runs when wet) but they made us stand outside in the cold& heat with no coat (weren't allowed) We also could accept tips & they move people around, like face painted would be doing retail, lots of random scheduled changes too
Pros
You got to be around animals
Cons
Family company, underpaid compared to competition
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  FloridaDecember 24, 2017
Worked for the company for a good amount of time, family friendly vibe. There's room for advancement if you put in effort, the pay is low compared to competition. Management is understanding... Well they at least seem to be understanding. There's a lot of disorganization that needs addressed but it's a young company with growing to do. Was a good company to work for overall.
Pros
Room to advance
Cons
Healthcare isn't great, stressful
Disorganized
Retail Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMNovember 4, 2017
My store was run by a manager that was at war with her employees. She would always contradict what the assistant manager was saying, even though she never came into the gift shop herself. Basically, she made working there very stressful, and didn't even bother to learn my name until everyone else quit.

The entire staff was under paid, and overworked. I would not recommend this job to anyone. At least not until they get new management.
Pros
20% discount
Cons
Short breaks, no benefits, no raises, overworked staff
not a very good company
( Store Manager ) Reid Park Zoo Tucson (Current Employee) –  Tucson, AZOctober 6, 2017
very long hours and no gratitude, company will not go to bat for there managers they only care about money, the company is in such disarray and when you speak up about this you will be fired
Pros
Cons
does not like employees
Needs leadership
Director of Merchandise (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLMay 23, 2017
Difficult place to work due to lack of leadership. Constant turn-over because the owners do not care about the team that works under them. IF they had different leaders, it could be a very successful company.
Management can not function without approval from corporate and that management is not very good
Gift Shop Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Anchorage, AKApril 4, 2017
My manager is pretty much constrained to not be able to problem solve without the approval and review of corporate. This has been especially frustrating with the Alaska Native Heritage Center.
Fun, educational, and friendly work enviornment.
Photographer/Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  West Palm Beach, FLJune 22, 2015
Working for Wildlife trading company is a delight. The management team is understanding and is there to provide support when needed.
Pros
Relaxed work enviornment.
Cons
No insurance, bad pay.
Small company with a family feel and therefore a better chance for advancement
Corporate Planner / Reorder Buyer (Former Employee) –  Bethel, CTJune 18, 2013
Everyone in the company where's more than one hat and therefore you have the capability of learning a lot of different skills. The management of WTC gave me numerous challenges and confidence I have today to further my career in a number of fields under the Operations balloon. You won't find more hard working and positive people than you will at WTC. The hardest part of the job for me was stepping away from job because I always felt one of the stores did not receive their product or I had not looked at the numbers enough to understand why we should or should not purchase more for that store or the company. The most enjoyable part of the job is definitely the people and the end result.
Pros
working from home, people, not to many weekends at the corporate level, advancement
Cons
healthcare, and pay is a little lower due to being a smaller company