Wildwood Programs Employee Reviews

Supports individuals with developmental disabilities.
Community Support Team Manager (Former Employee) –  Albany, NYJune 20, 2018
This agency supports individuals to become independent in their communities. supports includes daily living skills in private and group homes. Jobs supports as well as social gatherings.
Team members consists of team manager, nurse, social worker and family members.
A service personalize profile is developed and program is reviewed regularly or as needed depending on needs or progress for members.
Counselors works with assigned individuals as needed and are supervised by team manager.
Pros
Rewarding job
Cons
I call 24/7
Great Job with low pay and VERY POOR Management
Direct Support Professional (DSP) (Current Employee) –  Latham, NYMay 21, 2018
I love my position with Wildwood. On the positive side, the job is very rewarding and you do receive generous time off. On the negative side, you won't be allowed to use your time off unless your manager loves you. Wildwood constantly cry poverty while they spend money foolishly. This is the only job I have ever heard of with a person employed to interview current employees about what they can do better to improve the working environment, Yet nothing ever changes. Management has no training in being managers, they are just flunkies of life that stayed long enough under someones desk to get a better position. When pointing out ways to help improve the situation with proven facts, you are condemned and told your wrong. If you work past your forty hours, expect to receive a call telling you to adjust your time to the 40 and suck up the lose of the extra and justified effort you put in. Managers will back stab you, trash talk you and treat you like scum, yet they wonder why they cannot keep any quality employees. I've watched the most caring dedicated people disappear overnight while the ones who need to go are promoted and praised. Wildwood is a click atmosphere, they are very generous at allowing drug users second and third chances, turning their heads to wrong doings by employees and covering up those wrongful acts towards the individuals they provide service too. Independent donations towards programs are never applied to the program or need they were intended for, they funds just disappear and the downward spiral continues when things could improve from these funds.
Pros
time off
Cons
management, Ceo, organizational skills
Great work-life balance, compensation & benefits, and culture; not much to offer in upward mobility
Employee (Former Employee) –  Schenectady, NYFebruary 22, 2018
Wildwood Programs offers competitive benefits and a considerable amount of time-off to really work with their employees' personal schedules. However, if you are looking to advance in this company, I recommend not staying for longer than two years--there is not much to offer to upward mobility.
Very rewarding place to work
DSP (Direct Support Professional) (Former Employee) –  West Sand Lake, NYOctober 4, 2017
The environment is great and you get to meet some amazing people while working there that can change you for ever. Opportunties for advancement. Very flexible when going to school and have tuition reimbursement.
Never
Day Hab Specialist (Former Employee) –  Latham, NYAugust 19, 2017
This by far was one of the worst jobs I have ever had.The clients are amazing.The management is horrible.The work culture is one of backstabbing and nonsense almost as if you are back in high school.Any time you bring any issue up you are told you are being negative so no issues ever get resolved and it all is swept under the rug.How this agency still operates is beyond me.
Pros
Clients are great
Cons
Management.Pay, Work culture
Wildwood
Direct Support Professional (DSP) (Former Employee) –  Colonie, NYAugust 17, 2017
The consumers were great, learned a lot from working with them and greatly enjoyed the other staff I had the pleasure of getting to know and being a team with. It was a lot of work, however, with barely enough pay to get by.
Pros
Relatively fun most days
Cons
No break until 2 p.m, mistreatment by consumers at times, high stress environment
fun place to work
Residential Habilitation Services (Former Employee) –  Ballston Spa, NYAugust 14, 2017
Rewarding job, working with families and individuals with special needs. Worked one-on-one with a young lady from her home. I only wish it was full time.
Pros
paid for excursions & meals
Cons
Part Time
Fun environment to work in. Staff is very close and connected to one another.
Residential Habilitation Specialist (Former Employee) –  Schenectady, NYAugust 7, 2017
This was an environment that provided ample training and opportunities. The management was not untouchable and willing to listen to and respect staff input.

The interaction with the individuals served is great. I had the opportunity of working for Wildwood twice and it was great to see that so many individuals and staff remembered me after 14 years. It was almost like I never left. It is truly a caring and vital part of the community.
Pros
Staff, Management, Cooperation, Fun and fair compensation for the time
Cons
With any job, there is a certain level of stress. However, not overbearing.
Good but the pay is low
Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  Guilderland, NYMay 23, 2017
We are working within a high stressed atmosphere, with a bachelors degree and was barely making 12 an hour. The job is a beautiful experience but there is not a lot of home for advancement.
Pros
kids, coworkers
Cons
pay
Decent
Direct Support Professional (DSP) (Current Employee) –  Schenectady, NYApril 24, 2017
I will say that this is a very rewarding field to work in as far as the individuals go. Staffing can be an issue as far as staff:consumer ratio and the morality of staff. This opens up the opportunity for a lot of overtime. Come to work for work and you should be fine. The pay isn't great but DSP's should be receiving a raise in 2018. $10+ for full/part time staff, $13 per diem staff. I liked the health benefits. We receive FLEX so it comes in handy for prescriptions and other little knick knacks. I worked at quite a few home and learned what it's like for myself. Over the years you hear stories of homes that make you not want to step foot in there. It's not nearly as bad as you may hear. Please understand that these kind of jobs are not for everyone. Having compassion goes a long way in this field.
Pros
Health insurance
Cons
Staff numbers
can be diffifcult at times, but rewarding at the same time.
Residential Site Supervisor ( Assistant Manager) (Current Employee) –  Schenectady, NYJanuary 25, 2017
I arrive at 7a soon after I'm passing meds, next I'm assisting with a shower then on to breakfast, once that's finished I move on to house-keeping in-between reminding my residence of the arrival of the buses for program, when my first 2 ladies are all set and have boarded their buses, I have another 2 ladies that work so they have to be transported to / work, one by 9:30a and the other by 10a not to mention their locations are in 2 totally different direction, once that done I return to the house where I complete the house work, make / cancel Appts, take calls, order meds, money management, etc...
Benefits
Cons
limted over-time, over-night built into your shcedule
Day Hab Assistant
Community Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Colonie, NYJanuary 6, 2017
From the outside looking in it looks like an exemplary company. The pay for a similar position is fair. The benefits are very good. However, the entire organization is very much in clicks. And definitely it's not about how good you are or how well you do your job. If you're a favorite and tow the company line it's a great place to work. If you don't you might as well be in Siberia. Also, I saw the way they manipulate the developmentally disabled. It makes you sick to your stomach.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
Very much in clicks. Pay is ok. Not very ethical
varied day to day
Community Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Albany, NYDecember 12, 2016
I worked one on one in a pilot program for adults with developmental disabilities. The program is no longer in existence. I cannot comment on the other programs.
work with handicapped adults
Direct Support Professional (DSP) (Former Employee) –  Schenectady, NYDecember 5, 2016
teach everyday living skills, hygene, cooking, banking, help them achieve the goals they wish to work on. I don't want to answer more about the company.
Pros
felt like a family
Cons
long hours, short or no breaks
It's your fault..
Custodian (Current Employee) –  Schenectady, NYSeptember 15, 2016
Almost everyone is nice besides a few people that you don't actually see usually. Those people are the problem. Get rid of them and it'd be a lot better work environment. The people I work(ed) with are friendly and easy to get along with. We use teamwork to get things done if someone is falling behind or what not and it works perfectly fine, but those few people do everything in their little power to step on our toes. To sum this job all up with one word...DRAMA. We come in, do our job, and leave apparently teamwork and doing a great job doesn't matter here.
Pros
Benefits, most people are nice
Cons
Pay, constant drama
COMMUNITY PRE VOCATIONAL DSP WORKER (Current Employee) –  Latham, NYSeptember 7, 2016
If you want to grow within a company and you love working with people who have Disabilities then this is the job for you. I have been there over a year and I have had the best experience within a job.
Great cause, great people, good benfits
Administration Assistant (Current Employee) –  Latham, NYAugust 31, 2016
An overall nice organization to work for. The people and the work culture are great. They have good benefits and are family friendly, with flex scheduling for many positions. However, there are not many opportunities for advancement.
Run for the hills
Maintenance (Current Employee) –  Schenectady, NYAugust 25, 2016
Worst job ever management lies let's there favorites get away with anything. Give promises that are never fulfilled. Cheap labor for the amount of work they want done. Major clicks unless you are in the click you work environment won't be fun.
Great Place to work
Medicaid Service Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Latham, NYAugust 18, 2016
The benefits at Wildwood Programs are extraordinary. This includes low-cost health insurance, vacation, and sick time. Great place to work
Wildwood
Direct Support Professional (Former Employee) –  Albany, NYJuly 29, 2016
I loved working with the clientele, I did not care for how the place was ran with regards to favoritism and not being supportive when I was pregnant and had many high risk appointments. They are a person centered approach which I like.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Wildwood Programs. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

3.5InHerSight Score

3.1Personal Development

3.7Career Opportunities

3.6Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight