Wilford Hall Ambulatory Surgical Center Employee Reviews

Great Job Opportunity
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Lackland AFB, TX 78236May 5, 2018
Great place to learn for a new RN. You will have the ability to lead and be a part of different types of patient care teams. To have a voice in how you patients recover from illness.
Contractor
Credentialing Specialist (Current Employee) –  Lackland AFB, TXMarch 30, 2018
Rated by work through a contracting company. Enjoy working in the military facility. Co-workers and providers are easy to work with.
Has good teamwork and structure.
Intern Hours
APPE Rotation /Pharmacy Intern (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJanuary 24, 2018
Typical day is medium paced. Workplace culture is professional and relaxed. Most enjoyable part of the day is helping new customers with medication questions.
Family oriented
Registered Nurse in the Urgent Care Clinic (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXNovember 2, 2017
Great environment to work in when you have family.
Some Management needs replacement and/or improvement. There is a multi-cultural environment present
Pros
Work and Life Balance
Cons
Some Management
Family oriented environment.
Surgical Dermatology Technician (Current Employee) –  Lackland AFB, TX 78236September 14, 2017
A typical day at work begins with warm greetings from a colleague. We talk about our shared view about a book we all decided to read as a group. Although, we have individual patients to take care of we manage to assists each other. I have learned team work is effective when everyone gets involved. Management give us full autonomy as a group working in the surgical bays. They would only intervene when conflict or situation requires their immediate attention. Working for a military base has diversity. People from all over the globe create a cultural workplace. A wonderful learning experience. The hardest part of any job is short staffed and a continued high volume of patients. My most enjoyable part of the job is ending the day productive with happy and satisfied patients.
Pros
Down time to catch up on paper work. Pot-luck 1-2 times a month
Cons
Over booking patients with limited staff available.
Wilford Hall
Health Services Technician (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXSeptember 13, 2017
Wilford Hall Ambulatory Surgical Center is a great place for career advancement for people who are starting off. I had several roles here and continued to grow.
Cannot seem to keep employees, possibly due to poor management
Medical Laboratory Technician - Generalist (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXMay 24, 2017
Has the potential to be a great workplace if they get better management. Also, contracting agency could offer a pay raise and higher more qualified technicians.
Pacu/or/gi/ucc
RN/LVN/Aerospace Medical Technician (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXMay 13, 2015
Easy going patient care, about 10 to 20 patients a day. 14 bed unit about to move over to the new building. Everyone is hard working and enjoy their jobs.
Productive and fun (sometimes)
Medical Admin Tech (Current Employee) –  Lackland AFB, TXMay 13, 2015
Greet Patients as they come in; Answering calls; Schedule/Cancel Appointments; Book Appointments from waitlist; book Consult/Referrals Appointments; Transfer Appointment to accommodate Doctor/Patient; Check In and Verifying Patient Information; Verify Patients Third Party Insurance; T-Cons for Patients (messages for Doctors); Print Scheduled Appointments for the Day; Check and Retrieve Phone Messages/Fax; Retrieved Pull/File Medical Record; Scan Records into HAIMS/AHLTA.
Easygoing office atmosphere
Web Content Administrator / Technical Writer (Current Employee) –  Lackland AFB, TXAugust 14, 2014
Good team support; no micromanagement; good atmosphere; too much required training that does not apply to position.
Productive and Friendly work environment
Advanced Training/Internship (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJanuary 7, 2014
Having a 6:45 am to 3:45 pm schedule was flexible by getting work done early with little to no intrusion to patients and doctors equipment. Working in a military grade facility was fantastic and very friendly environment with being educated from coworkers and supervisors on equipment they specialise. The management was very social with all members on helping and managing work and problems. The only Hard work one had was locating equipment within areas of the hospital, doctors and nurses will relocate equipment when needed. I will recommend anyone that is looking for a bio-medical tech job in the San Antonio area to this facility. being a strict environment which helped me learn from professional within my career, And being in a military society and member helped me become a hard working well educated employ.
Productive and fun place to work
Medical Clerk (Former Employee) –  San Antonio,TXMarch 16, 2013
Take care patients needs,
Using different kinds of software,
Awesome management,
There weren't anyting hard about the job,
I enjoyed helping people
Pros
n/a
Cons
healthcare
Would work more efficiently with better management
Medical Transcriptionist (Former Employee) –  San AntonioAugust 20, 2012
I did enjoy working at WHASC; I genuinely love transcription and Pathology. I took the initiative to learn Pathology to assist with workflow and improvement of myself in having a diverse knowlodge of all aspects in transcription.
Management could be improved upon.
There was nothing that was hard about this job; when you enjoy what you do, its never hard.
Pros
relaxed environment
Cons
healthcare, management