Wilhoit Properties, Inc Employee Reviews

Not a great company
Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  TxJanuary 12, 2019
Poor management dont expect raises for hard work or getting paid overtime for working overtime. If you are an experienced maintenance tech I seriously urge you to work for a different company
Fun and growing company.
Property Management (Current Employee) –  Springfield, MODecember 4, 2018
Great work/life balance. Family oriented company. Willing to ensure you’re trained and comfortable with your job. Pay could be better. However, I do recommend the company. I am very happy here.
Pros
Work/life balance
Cons
Low pay
Unfair company / upper management horrible
Property Manager (Former Employee) –  Knoxville, TNDecember 14, 2018
I worked at a property that was bought out by this company. Watching Wilhoit take over and destroy the work environment and their dishonesty to the employees ran everyone off. That property went down hill quick and the compliance office they provided is the worse I have worked with in my 20 years in the property management years. Save your self some time and don’t work for this company.
Pros
Cons
Dishonest management, no help
Property Manager
PROPERTY MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Brownwood, TXOctober 30, 2018
I loved working for Wilhoit Properties, there was no room for advancement.
The Compliance Department was great and the Residents was awesome! Wonderful Company.
Pros
Compliance Dept.
Cons
No room for advancement.
great company
Assistant manager (Former Employee) –  Longview, TXOctober 24, 2018
I worked for Wilhoit Properties for over 2 years. Great management, great benefits. Company belives in giving back to the community, and those who are less fortunate. Hardest part of the job (it was a tax credit/low income property) was having to deny famlies for housing.
Pros
don't work weekends
Cons
no overtime
This job is very stresfull
Maintenance Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Teller Village maintenance supervisorOctober 3, 2018
This job is not what they say it's like when u go for a interview u do not get bonus's u get a raise once a year witch is .25 cent an if u leave u do not get ur last paycheck. An they are also back stabers an do not like to put money in to the property's One resident went 3 month's with out A/C do to the coast of the unit. I had remodel the pool house bathroom's do to no plumbing an also truned 20 apt by my self an did not receive a raise although I was told at I would. An they will not stand up for there employee's at all they tell u to do one thing an u do it an then they get after u cuz u r doing something an not doing that on frist they do not now what they want. An housing has been involved with teller village 3 times since I've been there an want u to finish what has not been finished an try to run u off not a good company at all
Pros
Non
Cons
Very bad company
Great for someone who is a self starter
Property Manager (Former Employee) –  Knoxville, TNSeptember 19, 2018
Although I was appointed here on a contract, at first, I considered employment with Wilhoit. After the first day, it became known to me the current property manager is difficult to work with & told me almost nothing about the job. Residents would come in & have questions & I would have to take down notes & tell them someone would get back to them. The property manager was overwhelmed & wouldn't communicate with me at all. I sympathize with the person who gets this job.
Pros
Pay is excellent
Cons
No training
Lacking Commpensation
Manager (Current Employee) –  Springfield, MOSeptember 21, 2018
For the amount of work that is expended of you to complete and for how many different positions you have to combine to get the work done the pay is not even close to worth, when you can get paid the same for a stress free position elsewhere.
Non Employee Friendly
Maintenance Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Springfield, MOAugust 30, 2018
Very much not Employee friendly, I recieved very little training and was treated like i should fear loosing my job instead of being taught how to best accel at it.
A very difficult company to work for
Apartment Manager (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKAugust 29, 2018
I adored my direct supervisor. The corporate office was horrible to deal with. For instance if you were running late due to an emergency you had to contact them 2 hours in advance. Who knows they are having an emergency 2 hours in advance? It's like "if you have an emergency, you have to plan it 2 hours ahead". If anyone knows there's an emergency 2 hours in advance, they probably wouldn't have one.
Pros
Great Supervisor
Cons
Poor Corporate Management
A good place to work with a large amount of stress
TAX CREDIT SPECIALIST (Current Employee) –  Springfield, MOAugust 16, 2018
Would only encourage if you like a very high stress atmosphere and a lot of gossip. They have a potential to be a good company. I hope to see good things in the future.
Terrible place of employment, cut throat managers
Nunya (Former Employee) –  Nunya, TNJuly 16, 2018
DO NOT WORK HERE!!! Can't keep help, won't pay for extra help. Managers stabbing each other in the back, running to regional and spreading bs. Take the chance of you want to, I'd rather work at McDonald's lol.
Pros
Residents
Cons
Almost everything else
Decent place to work
Accounting Clerk (Former Employee) –  Springfield, MOJune 10, 2018
Overall not bad. Benefits are decent and work is mind-numbingly easy when you have some to do. There are a couple of bad apples, but it's not a bad place to work.
Pros
Too many breaks
Cons
Too many breaks
If you like figuring everything out on your own, this is the job for you.
Property Manager (Former Employee) –  El Reno, OKMay 20, 2018
I was “trained” by a temp that had been there for 2 weeks on my second day of the job. My third day, I was completely on my own to answer questions, listen to complaints and take maintenance requests from the tenants. They wanted me to be at 100% ASAP but I didn’t even know how to answer questions from potential applicants. Any time the manager would come out to “help,” it would be for maybe 45 minutes and be on her phone the whole time. There were helpful people that I could call to ask questions but the manager was on their butts about getting to 100% as well, so they didn’t have much time to help me. 80% of my time there was spent not knowing what to do. Do yourself a favor and don’t work here. Or at least at the ones in Oklahoma. Everyone at corporate is AWESOME.
Pros
Corporate and a few others
Cons
Everything else
Not much training
Compliance Specialist (Former Employee) –  Springfield, MO 65804May 13, 2018
This company is friendly to work with but it's a sink or swim atmosphere. Training is lacking for employees. Policy change is frequent and confusing for those who aren't quick learners.
bad people to work for
Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  Perkins, OKMay 12, 2018
i was doing the managers job all the time i would get called off my job just to go do hers then get yelled at for not having my work not done its bs so is the job
Pros
meet nice people
Cons
bad company to work for
Affordable housing management company
Tax Credit Compliance Processor (Former Employee) –  Springfield, MOMay 6, 2018
Fast paced and established afford housing management company with locations in several states. Extensive training provided for managers and compliance officers.
I loved the property I worked at
Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  Nixa, MOApril 4, 2018
It was a fine place to work and I had many senior residents to take care of . The on call rotation was not what I had been promised when hired .I was told I could be on call for just my property.
Pros
Nice environment
Cons
No supervion
typical office environment
Office Manager (Current Employee) –  mustang okMarch 18, 2018
this is a good company. However, my specific manager and the team was not very collaborative. Company overall has a good culture. There is a good work-life balance.this was a job I was happy with I just need to find a better opportunity for myself and my family.
Most Disappointing Experience
PROPERTY MANAGER (TAX CREDIT (Former Employee) –  TexasMarch 2, 2018
Nothing to say that has not already been said. Very shady, two-faced employees who will do whatever needed to keep their own jobs. You can get a raise today and be fired tomorrow over someone else's policy violations...
Pros
Pay is very good
Cons
Unorganized/Lack of Direction/Raise Today and Fired Tomorrow

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Wilhoit Properties, Inc. Our community is ready to answer.