Wilkes University Employee Reviews

4.2
Ratings breakdown
Job is tolerable but co workers are juvenile
Custodial Worker (Former Employee) –  Wilkes-Barre, PAMay 31, 2018
The job itself was very rewarding. It was nice to make relationships with the students, Managers are very lazy and do not care if work is up to standard. I take pride in my work and the managers never gave praise. The hardest part of the job is that the managers in this department do not care about the employee.Other departments may be better managed.
Pros
can sit for hours doing nothing and mangers will never find out. Benefit of free college
Cons
Working hard for this company gets you nowhere.
Great for student
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Wilkes-Barre, PAMay 9, 2018
flexible and perfect for someone with a lot of classes. Possible connections to be formed via staff that could lead to better opportunities. Early mornings.
Pros
Free lunches and fun atmosphere
Cons
Pay
Amazing Experience
Chemistry Stock Room Assistant (Former Employee) –  Wilkes-Barre, PAMay 8, 2018
The work environment is amazing and you're constantly learning while you're working. The average day is slow pace but there were always specific things that needed to get done such as making solutions or preparing for a lab.
Pros
Easy to work with manager, very little stress
Cons
Great opportunity to explore new fields as an undergraduate
Undergraduate Researcher (Former Employee) –  Wilkes-Barre, PAMay 7, 2018
Spent a year being paid to work with a team of fellow students to work on advancing undergraduate knowledge of machine learning. Was a truly humbling experience and gained an immense foundation in a field not usually covered. Compensation for this as a student was also immensely beneficial during attainment of my education.
Assistant Strength and Conditioning Coach (Former Employee) –  Wilkes-Barre, PAMay 6, 2018
Had a pleasure of meeting and training all the division 3 male and female athletes at this university. This place treated me with great pleasure and invited me in the culture of Wilkes University sports.
Pros
Great atmosphere
Cons
Nice company to work for
Nursing Clinical Instructor (Current Employee) –  Wilkes-Barre, PAMay 3, 2018
I enjoyed working here. I taught clinical nursing skills to BSN students. The faculty was very helpful and responsive to my questions. Overall it was a great experience.
Work Study at Wilkes University
Work Study Student (Current Employee) –  Wilkes-Barre, PAApril 30, 2018
Definitely worth it, but TimeTrak does not always cooperate. The environment is generally laid back, in both work study positions, but can be fast paced at times.
Quick pace and very in detail on the job work
CUSTODIAL WORKER (Former Employee) –  Ucomm business buildingMarch 20, 2018
During my time employed by Wilkes University as a custodian, I completed all my tasks assigned, did not abuse any policys and did not receive any misconducts. Management was not helpful with supplies, or when help was needed, the over night management was the hardest part of the job. I gained a better a better working habit from requests from the students and staff that I spoke with in reference to the buildings and cleanliness that they required. The most enjoyable part of my previous job was the individuals that I worked with.
Pros
Friendly staff
Cons
under paid and little or no on the job training
Great college job
Resident Assistant (Current Employee) –  wilkesMarch 19, 2018
Great place to work. It was a great job while at college there. I got many perks out of the position and it was a great networking tool. Definitely recommend it to all students
New Program Unqualified Managers
Associate Director International Engagement (Former Employee) –  Wilkes-Barre, PAFebruary 19, 2018
Work under a new elusive international program that dealt with Panama: Vision and Mission for the program was lacking which made promotion and work confusing and difficult. Manager was horrible and spoke down to me but also talked badly about other departments and employees. Lack of collaboration, appreciation, and compassion made me leave. The fact that the president would allow this program and the manager to continue this program appalls me.
Pros
Great Salary due to horrible working conditions
Cons
Worked overtime often, Skipped Lunches, Lack of Communication, Unqualified Manager giving poor direction, Mistreatment
Wilkes is fine.
Marketing Communications Assistant (Former Employee) –  Wilkes-Barre, PAFebruary 7, 2018
Wilkes is a fine place to work as an instructor. You are on your own for the most part. Other instructors are helpful. The students are thoughtful and clever.
Good Community
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Wilkes-Barre, PAFebruary 7, 2018
Nice Culture. Friendly students and staff. Management was great too. I was a student and they did everything in their power to see me succeed and work around my schedule.
Productive and fun
Student Ambassador (Current Employee) –  Wilkes-Barre, PAJanuary 28, 2018
We get a lot done with making phone calls and entering data. While doing so, everyone there still talks to each other. It is a very relaxed environment and it is a great place to work at on campus while being a student.
Pros
Wearing Jeans and a Wilkes shirt
Cons
Making phone calls for a long period of time
HotChalk and Wilkes-
Head Enrollment Specialist-Trainer (Former Employee) –  Littleton, COJanuary 18, 2018
Poor training and poor management made for a very stressful work environment. Opened Littleton Colorado office and the main Colorado contact quit, the company stopped supporting the office and closed office a year later.
Tremendous School - Hands On Experiences
DJ, production (Former Employee) –  Wilkes-Barre, PADecember 13, 2017
My work in extracurricular activities at Wilkes University prepared me for the real world by giving me first hand experience in the telecommunication studios, and provided me the tools to learn and grow by doing, not just studying.
Postive Environment to Learn and grow in
Advising and Career Service Intern (Former Employee) –  Wilkes-Barre, PANovember 30, 2017
I was given many opportunities to work with students, faculty and staff with regard to career and life planning.

Being able to present to a class of business students really helped me to gain confidence in my work place and my career goals.

I also was given the opportunity to meet with students one on one without a shadow working on a careeer development plan, prepare for upcoming interviews as well as development of a medical school application!
Pros
Flexible, Open minded
being an RA
Resident Assistant (Former Employee) –  Wilkes-Barre, PANovember 25, 2017
Being a Resident Assistant at Wilkes was a rewarding experience. If it wasn't for management being so closed off to new ideas that weren't their own, the job would have been a lot more enjoyable
Great mission
Adjunct Professor (Former Employee) –  Wilkes-Barre, PANovember 3, 2017
Great organization to get a degree from. Treats students and faculty with respect. Very mission oriented and core values are in line with mine. Flexible.
Pros
Flexible
Cons
Slow
Lack of Communication
Adjunct Faculty (Former Employee) –  Mesa, AZOctober 18, 2017
Upper management often implemented changes without communicating said changes. There was also issues related to events where expectations were not properly communicated to general staff.

On the plus side, it was great to work with the students. They were all dedicated and made the entire experience worth while.
Opportunities to Work
Adjunct Nursing Faculty BSN & MSN Professor (Current Employee) –  Wilkes-Barre, PAOctober 3, 2017
As an adjunct professor I rarely am invited to take a class. I receive no communication from leaders as to why or how they plan on providing more opportunities. I have worked for over a year for Wilkes and have had only one 15 week class.
Pros
flexibility
Cons
virtual employees are forgotten