Willamalane Park and Recreation District Employee Review

View all Willamalane Park and Recreation District reviews

tennis lessons
Tennis Coach (Former Employee) –  Springfield, ORJuly 9, 2017
I was an assistant tennis coach for years. I always loved going to work. it was a fun atmosphere. always positive. I could also go workout and play basketball for free at the willamettelane center.
Pros
free membership
Cons
negative kids

Other Willamalane Park and Recreation District Employee Reviews

horrible and lack of consistency
LIFEGUARD (Former Employee) –  Springfield, ORFebruary 5, 2018
There were 4 supervisors in total and only 2 of them were ever nice and concerned about their employees. The other 2 were downright mean and would nit-pick at everything programmers would do. There was never any consistency with what was expected of workers, one supervisor would say something then another would say something completely different. The place always felt stressful and was constantly pushed to do thing OUTSIDE of my job description and put up with difficult situations (such as a 911 call, stabbing, or fight) with little support. Was doing full time hours, duties, and responsibilities on a part-time salary. Would never work there again.
Pros
Free access to the pool and other Willamalane facilities or events
Cons
Short breaks (or none at all), constantly yelled at my patrons and supervisors, didn't work with employees
As a Life/Guard
Lifeguard/Swim Instructor (Former Employee) –  Springfield, ORNovember 28, 2017
It was very fun to work there, you have to be train every 15 day on How to rescue people in the pool, plus, swim laps and grab a break from the bottom of the pool, and drag it in the bottom up to the another side of the pool.
Also on the diving pool we have to pick out some keys that some one drop in the deepest part of the pool.
Keep a 365 scans every 15 seconds.
Be ready to act on any danger signal Like a woman doing exercise in the swallow part of the pool, waving her and at you,some times is to said hi, but also could be a sing that she needs help, because she is having a crumb cramp.
Proud of having safe 17 kids and 2 adult from drowning.