Willamette Valley Medical Center Employee Reviews

Best place I ever worked
Medical Laboratory Scientist - Generalist (Former Employee) –  McMinnville, ORApril 23, 2018
I loved working here. The management truly cares about the people and goes out of their way to make things work smoothly. They treat you like family and it makes coming to work a lot easier.
Pros
Good pay, good co-workers, discounted lunch
Cons
new employee training could be better
Excellent
Physical Therapist Assistant (Former Employee) –  McMinnville, ORMarch 22, 2018
Working at Willamette Valley Medical Center Diversified my skills in many facets of Physical Therapy. I will cherish my time there at the Hospital and with the team I worked with.
Pros
Diversified Learning and teamwork
Radiology team was professional
Records Specialist, Radiology Assistant (Former Employee) –  McMinnville, ORFebruary 10, 2018
Great team work. Management was flexible. Environment was professional and kind. Patients can be hostile so learning to calmly handle situations was a must.
Pros
Co workers
poor benefits
Staff Nurse Surgical Services (Former Employee) –  McMinnville, ORJanuary 23, 2018
The hospital is owner by a company for Kentucky. There is no local management or representatives. The local supervisors were hard workers but when the parent company is located so far away it makes the employees feel like the red headed step children.
Great team working together to provide excellent customer service
IT Analyst (Former Employee) –  McMinnville, ORJanuary 21, 2018
Normal day was answering multiple line phone calls for assistance from all departments of the hospital and clinics.
Became an expert in all applications in MEDITECH, Patient Accounting, Active Directory and reconciliation.
Excellent team to work with.
The most difficult was handling the physicians as they tend to not want to take the time to get an explanation, they just want to get the issue fixed. However that was also the best part of the job. Training them on the system and showing them easier ways to use the applications.
Pros
Great team players, ready to jump in and help when needed.
Cons
Had to flex our time because of low census.
Very supportive
Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  McMinnville, ORNovember 28, 2017
Management is very approachable. Very frequent verbal praises and accolades. Everyone is very willing to help when help is needed. Always had tools needed to do my job.
good experience
Respiratory Therapy Student (Former Employee) –  McMinnville, ORNovember 27, 2017
it was fun being a student at Willamette valley medical center, and will be seeking employment there when hiring process begins. friendly staff, great coworkers and a good work source.
Enjoyed the clients that came in.
Medical Receptionist II (Former Employee) –  McMinnville, OROctober 9, 2017
It was either too many clients or not enough clients, no appointments, first come first serve for x-rays. Down time was catching up on filing, printing and mailing x-rays, making collection calls.
Worst place to work in my entire career
Administrative Support (Former Employee) –  McMinnville,ORJanuary 8, 2017
This was the worst work environment ever.
Very unprofessional,unskilled,and uneducated for Management position personnel and Human Resources Department.
Management personnel are deceitful and dishonest
Management undernines staff and pits staff against one another
Toxic work environment
Understaffed and low pay
If you are a healthy person, run from this place!
Pros
Free lunches from drug reps
Cons
Management and toxic work environment
I greeted patients with a smile and made them feel cared about.
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  McMinnville, ORAugust 26, 2015
I loved working the front desk in a medical office. I got to use my skills and knowledge I learned in college and also apply my soft skills of listening and communicating in a caring manor. I would answer the phone, make appointments, take detailed messages, return calls, prior authorizations and cover the back office whenever it was necessary. I loved my coworkers.
Pros
Everybody in the office got along very well.
Cons
I can't think of any.
Small community medical center with very helpful and understanding coworkers.
Surgical Technologist (Former Employee) –  McMinnville, ORJuly 27, 2015
A typical day was preparing for surgical procedures by setting up the OR suite with the help of other members of the OR staff. Everyone was always very helpful in getting the job done on a daily basis. The hardest part of the job is having to stand most of the day for the job. The management was understanding and willing to work with you if you needed time off or other considerations of any kind. The most enjoyable part of the job was working with the doctors and the staff they made the days and sometimes the nights go by faster, always working closely with you to make sure that the outcome for the patients was positive.
Best Job I Ever Had
Telemetry Tech/Ward Clerk (Former Employee) –  McMinnville, ORApril 23, 2015
The 3rd floor supervisor that I worked under was the best supervisor I have ever had. Very attentive and helpful and willing to jump in when needed and always inquiring how she could improve your work space or efficiency. The job itself was always interesting and challenging, interpreting heart rhythms and alerting nurses and doctors to rhythm changes for up to 24 patients.
Worked as a Radiology Technologist.
Radiologic Technologist (Former Employee) –  McMinnville, ORAugust 16, 2014
Performed all duties as a Radiology Technologist. Exams performed: Mobile, trauma, surgery, C-arm, and fluoro. Worked in a hospital setting.
Pros
Wide range of exams learned. Short work week.
Cons
Not able to cross train in MRI.
Rural community hospital
Executive Secretary to Chief Nursing Officer (Former Employee) –  McMinnville, ORApril 1, 2014
First experience in healthcare and it was very satisfying working in this arena.
working as a team with other staff
Floor (Former Employee) –  McMinnville, ORFebruary 12, 2014
12 hour day shift, patient assessments and documentation of assessment. Keep MD updated of any changes. resusitation if needed. I learned to be very organized and not get frustrated with the constant changes that can occur in the hospital setting. The CEO took the time to know each employees name no matter what department or shift they worked. Most of the co-workers were awesome to work with helpful when possible. The hardest part of the job was the unpredictable day. However this was also the most enjoyable part.
Pros
great co-workers and administrative staff
Cons
short breaks
Great MLT's to work with.
Phlebotomist/Lab Assistant (Former Employee) –  McMinnville, ORNovember 8, 2013
I love working in all the departments in the hospital (ER, ICU, In-Patient, Out-Patient, Nursery). I liked working with patients of all ages. Anything I could do to make their experience go smoothly & help make them feel better was a plus. The hardest part was losing a patient. I had so many great co-workers that made the day fun yet very informative. I learned so much from so many people.
Pros
Every day was a learning experience
Cons
Personalities of some co-workers didn't always mesh well.
Diet Aide (Former Employee) –  McMinnville, ORAugust 26, 2013
Great people, great benefits. Outstanding environment, never a negative issue.
Pros
Everything was great
Cons
Sometimes work was to slow
Until Management restructuring one of my most productive experiences.
Team Leader (Former Employee) –  McMinnville, ORJanuary 11, 2013
This was a very good job, working with people that were trained and took pride in their jobs, and were always willing to pull together to do the job correctly. Management restructuring doomed most of this to drop off, so I moved on.
Pros
steady schedule and flexability
Cons
excellent healthcare, a good team and support from upper level management

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Willamette Valley Medical Center. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2