William B. Meyer Employee Reviews

Great Employer
Manager (Former Employee) –  StatfordJune 19, 2019
put in the work and will be recognized for it.

Caring ownership and leadership.

Have been to all locations and the staff work well together across the board.
they mean well..
Technician (Former Employee) –  Windsor, CTMarch 26, 2019
very nice people. I loved my co-workers but my pay was very low for the amount of work and responsibility I had. The place is totally unorganized everyone is constantly stressing out about it at all times instead of fixing it.
Pros
good people, hour lunches.
Cons
bay pay, no organization.
New management created a hostile work environment
Driver (Former Employee) –  Stratford, CT 06615March 28, 2018
Manager demanded kick backs or work wasn't available. Hard work, long hours, ungrateful supervisors. Best part of the job was being an owner operator.
Pros
Cons
Bad management
Medical Courier
Medical Courier (Former Employee) –  Stratford, CTSeptember 1, 2017
Great job, minimal security, lower management issues, upper management awesome, day consisted of going to all off sites and bringing back specimens to main lab at hospital, also delivered money, mail and supplies.
It is a big company with a high degree of responsibility.
Packer (Former Employee) –  Stratford, CTOctober 6, 2016
I learned to work hard under pressure and to work together with my co-workers as production and product quality go hand in hand to give a better service to customers.
Pros
Excellent teachings on how the work is performed.
Cons
Short Breaks
Excellent work environment with flexible hours and schedules,
Library Assistant (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJuly 11, 2016
I was able to design my work own work schedule. Ample parking for employees. Good relationship between management and employees.
Good company
folklift operator of the arkives department (Current Employee) –  Stratford, CTMarch 11, 2015
The company was very good, but I was only a temporary employee and didn't have benefits through them. Nothing more to tell I'm sure if I was an employee I would be happy there.
Pros
frendly enviorment
Cons
wasn't hiring full time
Great Learning Experience, but too much travel
Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Stratford, CTFebruary 11, 2015
I've learned many valuable lessons and skills working for Meyer. However, when climbing the ladder, I soon realized that I have already reached the top and there is no where to advance. Also, there is a hefty amount of travel with the position which often comes with short notice as to where and for how long. I pride myself in professionalism and quality work, but sometimes deadlines and budget don't allow the full pursuit of a job well executed.
Pros
Self Motivating
Cons
A lot of expenses and too much travel
Lots to learn but a fun team of people to work with.
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Stratford, CTDecember 16, 2014
- Typical day at work includes answering e-mails and phone calls, assisting the people who are relocating their residences with any problems and helping to resolve any issues in a timely manner. Also, I handled the pricing of the international moves and approved invoices for services belonging to the move for payment.
- I learned the importance of sensitivity when dealing with stressful situations for others.
- Management was very helpful when issues arrived that were beyond what I could handle.
- My co-workers were wonderful. They made working at this company fun. We all helped each other in the time of need.
- The hardest part of the job was surviving the summer busy season. We were all dedicated employees who worked 10-15 hours over time just to get the work done.
- The most enjoyable part of the job was the pleasure of helping people. It feels so good to get letters of thanks after the move has been completed.
Pros
Special lunch events and positive work atmosphere
Cons
healthcare
Good pay, no room for advancement at all, and lack of management.
Project Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Franklin, MAJanuary 6, 2014
The pay was good, but ultimately, there was no room for advancement within the company...it was a dead end position. The people I worked with were great people, and I still maintain close relationships with my former co-workers, but the structure of this company was flawed.
Loved working for this company!
Customer Service Rep- Part Time (Former Employee) –  Stratford, CTNovember 1, 2012
This company was a pleasure to be a part of. The people were great, the salary was competitive and the benefits were good. Because it's not a huge corporation and there was very little turnover, it was easy to build relationships and advance my career. A very rewarding experience.
Pros
people, relationships, opportunities, environment
Cons
salary could have been better

Ask a question about working or interviewing at William B. Meyer. Our community is ready to answer.