William Penn University Employee Reviews

4.4
Ratings breakdown
Great working environment
Associate Head Women's Golf Coach (Current Employee) –  Oskaloosa, IAApril 15, 2018
I loved working for William Penn University. The people there are amazing and it is definitely a family environment. The students that I got to work with on a daily basis are from very diverse backgrounds so getting to know their stories was incredible. The athletic department being such a family made work not really feel like work.
Pros
Tons of PTO, awesome working environment, very satisfying work
Great people. Fun and challenging environment.
Information Services Specialist (Former Employee) –  Oskaloosa, IAApril 4, 2018
I loved the people working at Penn. The work environment was great. Always something new and challenging. They have a nice benefits package and great culture.
Pros
The people
Cons
The after hours work
Fun atmosphere
Administrative Assistant - Student Services (Former Employee) –  Oskaloosa, IAMarch 2, 2018
Good place to work I was a student when I worked there. It was a administrative job, lots of typing and and answering phones. I was able to help students with questions they had around campus.
A fun work-study job
Telemarketer (Former Employee) –  Oskaloosa, IAFebruary 2, 2018
A good experience working as a college student, and a great opportunity to gain telemarketing skills, as well as communication skills. I recommend it for any student looking to make extra money.
It was a great place to work.
Director of Academic Advising & Student Services (Former Employee) –  Oskaloosa, IASeptember 14, 2017
It was a great place to work because of the people you get to work with at WPU. There were ample opportunities for professional development, and for advancement with the University.
Great people, wonderful family culture, terrible pay
Psychology Professor (Current Employee) –  Oskaloosa, IASeptember 11, 2017
I adore my job here, but i can't afford to only work there with as poor of pay that I receive. I have to get a second job to accommodate a traditional living.
Pros
family environment
Cons
pay is terrible
school job
Student athletic trainer (Former Employee) –  Oskaloosa, IAAugust 28, 2017
it was a school job working in the athletic training room. I worked with athletes on rehab and injury prevention. As well as doing set up and cleaning duties to assist the athletic trainers.
Good Friends bad evironment
Womens Soccer Graduate Assistant (Former Employee) –  USA IowaAugust 10, 2017
A few bad eggs and lack of communication can ruin something good. A typical day at work was great I had a different job to do everyday and even with my age was given a lot of responsibility and was listened to.

The overall culture of the workplace wasn't good. Everyone looks out for number one and doesn't actually want to see anyone else excel.
grounds patrol and working with students of many cultures
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Oskaloosa, IAJune 6, 2017
Worked with students from all cultures and diversities and helped them to adapt to student life. Worked with students who have came from backgrounds of poverty and sometimes drugs and helped them to become dependable and honest individuals and an asset to society.
Pros
Worked with a wonderful staff
Cons
worked 12 hours on and 12 or less hours off.
Awesome place.
Event Staff (Former Employee) –  Oskaloosa, IAMay 4, 2017
Awesome place to work! All of the staff are easy to get along with and will help you whenever you have questions. The leadership is outstanding among the dean and school president.
William Penn University
Facilities Assistant (Current Employee) –  Oskaloosa, IAApril 12, 2017
Great facilities
Lot of different cultures
always willing to help other
I have learned at work a lot about the school, I was always everywhere and would interact with a lot of people.
Pros
good interactions with the students
Cons
very old
The best
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Oskaloosa, IAApril 11, 2017
This is one of the best places I have ever had to priviledge to work. I strated in Maintenance, moved on to IT and, then became a housekeeper. If I had been able to get along with the head housekeeper I would still be there.
The people are friendly and good to work for and with. There is an excellent amount of work/personal time mix. The work can be easy or hard however you want to make it and for a guy the eye candy is excellent.
This is of course a college and so there is never a dull moment.
This is a highly recommended place to work.
Pros
Almost everything is good
Cons
Couldn't get along with Head of Housekeepimg
Productive and fun work environment
College Job (Current Employee) –  Oskaloosa, IAMarch 13, 2017
William Penn University provided me with a good learning environment with hand on experience opportunity. The workplace culture enhanced my communication skills through having interactions with supervisors or colleague.
Diversity is amazing!
Payroll Specialist (Current Employee) –  Oskaloosa, IADecember 6, 2016
If you are a people person William Penn University is for you! You will meet people from all over the world. Most positions are salary with no comp time. Usually 8 to 5 daily some weekends required. Pay scale is low compared to standards and no raises for the last 5 years.
Pros
Free Tuition Program
Fun Workplace
Recruiter (Former Employee) –  Oskaloosa, IADecember 3, 2016
Working at the golf course was always a good and fun time. Yes there was times where the labor was intense, but overall working on a beautiful golf course, and seeing how much the players appreciate what you do, really was motivational.
work study
Work Study Student (Former Employee) –  Oskaloosa, IANovember 2, 2016
Just helped manage the basketball team while red shirting. Also did the laundry for the practice herders ans just made sure half of the daily assignments for the team were in order.
Professional Employer, Excellent Faculty
Adjunct Instructor (Current Employee) –  Oskaloosa, IAOctober 2, 2016
WPU provides a diverse student body with the opportunity to attain teaching licensure through a "non-traditional" medium - distance learning. A typical day at work includes drafting curriculum for both AA and BA classes in the Education division; planning, implementing monitoring, and assessing instructional classroom programs; instructing courses in to an all-ages college classroom, using technology to deliver effective lessons; mentoring students; career planning, and; supervising and evaluating students' education observation hours.
Pros
Distance learning provides flexible hours and mediums for instructional delivery.
Cons
Classes are contracted semester to semester.
Great work experience
Maintenance Worker, ISS, Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Oskaloosa, IASeptember 27, 2016
This is one of the best places taht I have ever worked. I would definitely go back. I came here to get a quality education and then remained for another 8 years. I worked in Maintenance 2008 /10, ISS 2010 / 13, and Housekeeping 2013 / 15. I have absolutely nothing to complain about. Most of the people at William Penn University are friendly and easy to get along with. During the time I was there I only met 1 or 2 disagreeable souls. It's a great place to get an education as well as a great place to work.
Pros
Everything at Penn is a memorable experience
Cons
Don't come here if you don't like people. The people are friendly and want to get to know you.
Fun place to work but management is poor
Campus Ministry Director (Former Employee) –  Oskaloosa, IASeptember 12, 2016
Great environment with students and most staff. WPU is located in small town Iowa which I loved but some crave a bigger town. Upper management is poor.
Production and mindset
Telecounselor (Former Employee) –  Oskaloosa, IAAugust 17, 2016
I am a on time person at work and do what jobs are laid out for me and will help others that need to be helped out. I go in and check my job for the day, I lift tires and pallets and toss and load all day.
Pros
Paid weekly and close to home
Cons
Not enough pay or any benefits