William S. Hart Union High School District Employee Reviews

Good ole boy culture
Assistant Principal (Former Employee) –  Valencia, CAApril 2, 2019
The human resources superintendent does all kinds if illegal activities. If you do not follow the make it look good mentality you will not survive the current leadership. There is way too much nepotism, and too many church relationships. If you do not participate you cannot be successful.
Great School District
Instructional Assistant, Special Education (Current Employee) –  Santa Clarita, CAFebruary 19, 2019
An outstanding school district with caring staff and very hospitable community. It is a terrific job to work as an instructional assistant. It is very rewarding to see kids excel or even progress in their skills as a writer or reader.
great coaching experience
Girls Soccer Coach (Former Employee) –  Santa Clarita, CAJanuary 7, 2019
the coaching staff and the facility was very welcoming and great to be around every day. the hours where very easy and flexible with schedules. the fellow coaches in the program will help if needed and are very nice.
Its difficult to get a job there
Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Santa Clarita, CANovember 12, 2018
The hardest part is passing all the test and it's a small community where everyone knows one another. They don't accept outsiders very well.
There is very little training you learn as you go, some managers are not very forgiving when you make an error even though you were not properly trained.
Pros
days off
Cons
very political
Focused group of people
Teacher (Current Employee) –  Santa Clarita, CAOctober 9, 2018
The district is focused on the growth and development of young students. They are driven by the common core standards that are set by the government. The district givers plenty of opportunities to practice implementing these strategies and plenty of opportunities for professional growth
It's a fun work environment with a competitive spirit
HEAD COACH-JUNIOR VARSITY BASKETBALL (Current Employee) –  Newhall, CAJune 7, 2018
We are constantly practicing and competing to be The Foothill League Champions.

The most enjoyable part of the job is seeing the team improve in winning basketball games and learning extremely valuable leadership skills.
I work with a wide range of very nice people. I enjoy this job.
Substitute Custodian (Current Employee) –  Santa Clarita, CAMay 28, 2018
I am a substitute custodian and am on call. So I only fill in for people who call in sick or personal leave. The hardest part of the job is trying to get hired full time. Management is the schools principal and they are great. Typical day is cleaning desks, floors, bathrooms, gym, and just any thing that is in your area to clean for that call in. There are many different schools (High Schools and Jr. High Schools) and can be called in to any of them for one night or a set period of time. All schools are different in size and never know what your area of cleaning will be.
An enjoyable and productive environment.
Special Circumstance Instructional Assistant (Current Employee) –  Santa Clarita, CAApril 26, 2018
The work environment at the William S. Hart Union High School District is fun, productive, and overall excellent. Working for the WSHUHD has been a blast for me and I honestly couldn’t think of a better group of people to work with.
William S. Hart Union School District
Substitute Teacher (Current Employee) –  Santa Clarita, CAApril 19, 2018
Great school district...

If you can get a (teaching) job there.

High standards and difficult to get a contract with the district.

But it's worth the effort if you can get hired!
great school district
Secretary (Current Employee) –  Santa Clarita, CAApril 19, 2018
William S. Hart Union HS district is great. The staff is amazing, teachers are awesome. We all work as a team helping and watching our students grow into amazing young adults. The only draw back is cost of benefits that we pay out and lack of growth potential.
Pros
great enviornment
Cons
cost of benefits, lack of growth
Great place to work with great kids
Guest Teacher (Current Employee) –  Santa Clarita, CAJanuary 5, 2018
William S. Hart is a great district with great teaches, great staff, and great kids. It's a good place to be. The salary has been flat for subs. Once in the district, it is easy to work here and become familiar with everyone, including all of the kids.
Excellent place to work
Campus Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Santa Clarita, CAAugust 23, 2017
Just make sure you supervisor attentively. Easy job and people to work with are great. Always be on time and you will have one of the easiest jobs you can get.
Pros
Time off whenever
Cons
No benefits
Lovely and fulfilling job.
Instructional Assistant (Current Employee) –  Santa Clarita, CAAugust 10, 2017
Great job to have. Work hours are great! Also love with kids. To wake up and have the opportunity to help constantly feels amazing. I wish it paid a little more but I love it
Pros
Fulfilling
Cons
Short breaks
BEHAVIOR INTERVENTION ASSISTANT (Current Employee) –  Santa Clarita, CAFebruary 24, 2017
This is a very stressful position to work as behavior intervention can be very physically taxing and potentially dangerous, but the behavior team is usually pretty cohesive and back each other well.
Rewarding place to work
LVN (Current Employee) –  Santa Clarita, CADecember 7, 2016
A typical day is very busy. The kids you get to work with are amazing. The management is excellent. They are open to suggestion, and great at what they do.
Awesome place to work
LVN (Former Employee) –  Santa Clarita, CASeptember 14, 2016
Fantastic place to work. The benefits are great as well as the schedule. It allows you to lead a very balanced life! I love my co-workers as well as my supervisors.
Pros
The students are amazing.
A job that is useful while attending College
SPECIAL CIRCUMSTANCE ASSISTANT (Current Employee) –  Santa Clarita, CAMay 1, 2016
I have worked for WIlliam S. Hart Union High School District almost 10 years now. It has been a pleasure to work for the District. I work in Special Education and as many may know, you must have patients and the love for these children. There is room to grow in the District. They are offering test to take to apply for other positons throughout the year. I've seen many people move into different positons over time. I have seen many people attend College while working here because the hours fit in with a school schedule
Pros
Good hourly or Salary pay
Cons
Some jobs are only 9.5 months out of the year
Being a Speech Language Pathologist
Speech Language Pathologist (Current Employee) –  Santa Clarita, CaJanuary 19, 2016
I enjoy working for this school district. My coworkers and colleagues are a joy to work with. A typical day includes, working with students on various Speech/Language goals, writing reports and goals, attending meetings with parents and IEP team members to discuss current goals and new proposed goals, and collaborating with colleagues and co-workers. The hardest part of the job could be dealing with difficult parents and the most enjoyable part of the of the job is getting to work with amazing students. Management and administration are very approachable.
Pros
Set own schedule
Cons
Warehouse Assistant (Substitute) (Current Employee) –  Santa Clarita, CAJanuary 18, 2016
I am a substitute warehouse assistant and the time I have spent with the company has been enjoyable. All my coworkers in the warehouse are friendly and helpful. The only problem is if there is a problem with my paycheck they don't seem to take priority to fix it. I had a problem getting paid on time and for the correct amount of hours. I had to keep paper record of my hours to make sure they were correct.
Pros
Coworkers friendly and helpful
Cons
Not getting paid on time and for correct hours
Guest Teacher
PROFESSIONAL EDUCATOR (Former Employee) –  Santa Clarita, CASeptember 12, 2015
Excellent school district with amazing middle and high school students. Unfortunately, the educational budget decreased every year.
Pros
Kids and opportunity teach in a low educationally budgeted state
Cons
lack of work