Williams-Sonoma, Inc. Employee Reviews

Found 1,678 reviews matching the search See all 1,710 reviews
A Great place to work!
Telephone Sales Representative/ Call Center (Former Employee) –  Henderson, NVNovember 19, 2018
An awesome place e to work but very busy during the holidays. Great people as well, they train you to do the best job possible and in the end you do just that. I was seasonal but I really enjoyed the job.
Not People First
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVNovember 18, 2018
I worked at this company for 5 years. Within the first month and a half of working there I moved to a specialty team. I absolutely loved it, my supervisor was awesome, my coworkers were awesome; I was happy to show up every day. Once 3 key leaders left and the call center Director was replaced everything went downhill.

“People First”, try “Numbers First”. This company went from actually caring about you to wanting to see your productivity before hearing ANYTHING you had to say. Now you’re probably thinking I’m someone who had terrible numbers, no I had ONE bad month in the entirety of my 5 years there. Supervisors are more like avoiders of responsibility and email pushers. There are a FEW gems when it comes to leads, sups and managers but you end up not wanting to ask them too much because you know that everyone goes to them.

A brief shout out to HR who doesn’t care about you. The system may update your schedule ON YOUR DAY OFF OR AFTER YOU’VE CLOCKED OUT AND NO ONE WILL TELL YOU YOU’RE NOW WORKING ON YOUR DAY OFF/BEING FLEXED and if you bring it to HR whatever their system says is what flies. You’re responsible for checking into work systems ON YOUR TIME OFF WITHOUT PAY. Please explain how that is fair.

If you can work from home do it, if not I hope you make great friends and know/learn how to handle things yourself because training isn’t great either. The trainers will tell you they became trainers because they love the company and love teaching people, no they love not being on the phones and the boost in pay (trust me on this).

The best thing about this company
  more... is the friendships I’ve made, learning how merchandise travels and the customers who’s world has ended over a plate. And in the end if you decide to fight a bad review because the customer was upset with a BROKEN PRODUCT and not your actual phone call, it’ll still be your fault and you’ll be told there was a way you could’ve made them not upset that the product arrived broken, something COMPLETELY out of your control. Other than that, you get paid like non-competitive pay to be someone’s punching bag and if management gets a whiff of you being a trouble maker (even if it’s just hey my sup isn’t helping me) you’re screwed.

You definitely have to take off your rose colored sun glasses after the first year or so of working here. The company has changed a lot for the worse and I hope that one day they go back to caring about the associates. Apply elsewhere you’ll probably get paid more and save your soul.
Pros
PTO (when you have it), friends
Cons
Everything else and I’m not even talking about the customers
Retail job in a kitchen store
Associate - Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Westbrook, CTNovember 17, 2018
It's a retail job -- some days it's easy, some days it's hard labor. Associates compete for sales and revenue, for which there is no monetary reward.
Pros
good associate discount
Cons
corporate executives continually makes decisions in a vacuum
Point system
Customer Service and Communications Specialist (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CANovember 16, 2018
Points given on attendance even when issues arose on their end. If system went down had an hour to fix or take a point. No control over internet or phone company issues. They pay great and the work is awesome. We had teams and your team members are amazing but supervisor support wasn't there.
Very determined and highly motivated person
Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Olive Branch, MSNovember 16, 2018
Operate powered industrial trucks to load and unload materials and deliveries and move them to and from storage areas, machines and loading docks, into railroad cars or trucks or storage facilities.
Can be better, so its not the Best place to work at but all jobs has ups and downs.
Supervisor (Shipping, Inventory Control, Returns) (Current Employee) –  Olive Branch, MSNovember 15, 2018
They have gone away from caring about their employee' and has focused more on numbers and the bottom line, profits...............no complaints from me.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Not many chances for advancement
its a good place to work
Battery Service Technician (Former Employee) –  East Brunswick, NJNovember 14, 2018
i had some slow and and some fast... in the beginning it was fast but after a few hours started slowing down... the managers are nice and co workers are respectful
Pros
N/a
Cons
free lunch on associate apprecitation day
Feels like if you didn’t know how to swim and you were thrown into the ocean to learn
Virtual Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  RemoteNovember 12, 2018
Training was fun in the beginning until I realized that they didn’t want us to learn but to memorize to pass the Modules with 100. There’s like 87 mods you have to complete in a week. I was late finishing so I didn’t get much actually training done but the next week I started and my supervisor was unavailable. Any questions I had on how to assist my customer went ignored. The customers deserve better than half trained csa. I was very optimistic about this job but now I regret wasting my time. I’m very disappointed with the training and management. Their system is extremely hard to navigate and requires proper training!
Pros
Working from home
Cons
Everything besides working from home
Wonderful Company
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKNovember 12, 2018
Super fun company to work for. Supportive co-workers and Supervisors. The atmosphere was positive and friendly. Training class was informative and helpful.
Pros
Great benefits, friendly co-workers
Not enough employee events
Merchandiser Processor (Current Employee) –  Arlington, TXNovember 9, 2018
William-Sonoma is a good startup company for anyone to start that really wants to learn the warehouse business all in all it pays weekly and has room for advancement some of the managers there are wonderful to work for.
Pros
PTO vacation time
Cons
Too many too name just one or two
typical work day
Stock Associate (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLNovember 7, 2018
Great place to work, great staff, great management. The environment is so friendly, aromatic and inviting, definitely would recommend others to take the opportunity to work there.
bad place to work the company really sucks
Sales/ Customer Services (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHNovember 6, 2018
William Sonoma was the worst company I ever worked for, I just worked there because I was working from home. I was always getting no supervisors. I was always lost never had anyone to speak to when I had problems. Always got cussed out by customers because William Sonoma took their money and never made the delivery date on time. Worked that for years only got a 0.70 cent raise.So only making 12.75 a hour which really sucked at the time, That's the reason why I quit and you can only get 10 point for the whole years and they only roll off with in the next year.Thats job really sucks and can pay the workers for much more.
Pros
working from home
Cons
points add up and wont get removed
Awesome workplace
Work from Home Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Braselton, GANovember 4, 2018
I loved this opportunity because I was allowed to learn freely. There was not a cap on what we could achieve and we were guided along the way. I feel helped and heard. I also felt like I could achieved what they set before me and I was not abandoned. The days were long but not so difficult that It couldnt be done. My supervisors and trainers were the absolute best and I appreciated all that they did for us.
Disorganized, Uncaring, Unprofessional, Underpaid
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  The Colony, TXNovember 4, 2018
I worked at the call center north of Dallas for training then at home in a customer service role. I have nothing good to say about William Sonoma. Nothing. The training is totally inadequate for the job you are expected to do. The pay is a joke. The benefits might satisfy the government's requirement but you don't want to get sick with the insurance they offer. You can't live on the pay but really can't work another job easily because they can add hours to the start or end of your shift at the last minute. Their attendance point system is a disaster.. if you are working from home and a storm comes through and the electricity goes out it is your fault and you get points. I understand they are running a business but it's a two way street. They charge $75 for a candle or $250 for a Thanksgiving Turkey but will not pay their employees an adequate wage. Terrible terrible company and borderline ghetto environment. Lastly, no technical support for work at home employees.
Pros
Discount off of extremely overpriced merchandise
Cons
Read above. Pay. Benefits. Training. Attitude of management.
Seasonal job!
pastry and pantry chef (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLNovember 2, 2018
I enjoyed working here for the holiday season. I enjoyed my coworkers and helping the customers. Only down fall is that I wasn't really trained on the job. So I didn't know a lot about some of the products and sales I had to continuously ask questions. The job could get a little stressful with all the customers coming in at once buying holiday gifts. And also sometimes restocking the store could take forever.
Pros
good work environment, discounts
Cons
no training
A perfectly acceptable Employer
Sales (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXNovember 1, 2018
Working at Williams Sonoma was a fine retail based experience. You do the work you get paid. Employees where always nice and fairly relaxed.

Management was caring and reasonable.

I would work for them again.
Work From Home
Work from home Advisor (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVNovember 1, 2018
Training class is a waste of time. My trainer was good but she wasn't in her position long before she found another job. She told me inaccurate information and i was later coached on it. Break times are extremely short. When trying to transfer a customer to the escalation line, you could be on hold waiting for up to an hour, which then kills your hold time and your employee id is flagged. If you are just looking to make extra money, then apply but it is definitely seasonal for a reason. After working for this company and how they can never seem to find customer's orders or cancel them, ill never buy anything from them again!!!!
Pros
Discounts
Cons
management, breaks, pay, no benefits. EVERYTHING!!
Fun place to work
Forklift Operator (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNNovember 1, 2018
Good way to pay bills . Get the hours you need. Paid vacation. No really flexible. You’ll have a set time . Get the hours you need. The pay you deserve. Good incentives.
Need to be more concerned about Emergencies
Work from Home Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Work from homeOctober 31, 2018
I just feel that they need to be more concerned about their employees when it comes to emergencies, as people have emergencies that are beyond their control. I was advised by the HR Director, that I should have waited to get the permission to move. However I had to move when I did, and had to stay in a hotel for two weeks until the new house was ready to move in. Smh, all about the company, but without your employees where would the company be, need to be more understanding of certain issues that are beyond the control.
Pros
Good Pay and benefits, work from home, paid training, and meeting new friends
Cons
Lack of empathy when it comes to their employees emergency issues
Great work from home position
Email Specialist (Current Employee) –  Bakersfield, CAOctober 30, 2018
Hours are somewhat flexible and you can even work from home. This allows you to save money on gas and food. Work is plentiful, but customers do treat you like trash, so if you can't handle being degraded, then don't work here. Direct management will work with you and stand up for you, but the Corporate Management only sees numbers and not humans bringing them the numbers. Hardest part of the job is keeping your stats up while still giving excellent customer service. You have to break most of the policies the company wants you to follow in order to keep the customer happy. If you don't keep the customer happy, then you get a bad review, which in turn pulls your stats down.
Pros
Semi flexible work schedule, work from home
Cons
Customer treatment, stat inefficiencies

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Williams-Sonoma, Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.7InHerSight Score

2.3Personal Development

3.6Career Opportunities

2.5Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight