Williams-Sonoma, Inc. Employee Reviews

Found 1,737 reviews matching the search See all 1,770 reviews
Sewing Macheine Operator/ Picker
Sewing Machine Operator/ Picker (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNDecember 21, 2018
I like working hear
I learned how to operate a program sewing machine that has a
many function. This have to program by a person to operate such as threading a single needle, bobbing, and mean threads to select form that is on the machine. One has to program the machine to sew labels and name on garments. They also have sewing frames.
I also learn how to pull from shelves suing a bar-code scanner and placing them in a bar-code crate.
I loved working for Williams-Sonoma Inc.
Agent Work at Home (Former Employee) –  The Colony, TXDecember 25, 2018
The training instructor was excellent and very reliable. We learned how to deal with problems and how to find solutions. Management was very approachable and the co-workers were very nice. The working atmosphere was excellent. We worked at home but if there was any technical problem with our system, we had the opportunity to go to the center and work from there. The hardest part of the job was that if we had technical problems, we only had one hour to report to the center. This was hard for me because I live very far away from the center.
Pros
Nice environment and very easy to talk to management.
Cons
The center was too far away from home.
Awesome job
Remote Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Work from homeDecember 30, 2018
I love my job at WSI. I am hoping to get permanent employment when the position is done. I will say that if you don't like dealing with upset customers this is not the job for you. Most consumers only call customer service when there is a issue, and its your job to resolve the issue that's good for the customer but also good for the company. The pay is good and the hours are very flexible except during peak season.
Pros
Work from home
Cons
Can be stressful
Work From Home Position.
UNIVERSAL AGENT RETAIL/CUSTOMER SERVICE AGENT (Current Employee) –  Work at HomeJanuary 3, 2019
Supervisors and managers change frequently, within a days notice and I am not comfortable with this situation.

I feel that supervisors are overwhelmed with employees and there are not enough leads to answer important questions to resolve the needs of customers.

There are escalation phone lines and policy and procedure phone lines if a customers issues are outside of our knowledge and/or authority, however, these wait times are quite long and only aggravate the situation with the customers.
Love the store concept hated the corporate politics
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLJanuary 9, 2019
Great products, discounts and training but due to the corporate mentality, I feel that the regional manager perpetuated a lot of problems that made it an unpleasurable work environment. A lot of whose her favorites, backstabbing and other things that I don't engage in. Also due to the store manager I worked with, I didn't receive proper training with the hopes of career advancement. He was more worried about being the teachers pet. It was one of the worst example of corporate politics I have ever seen in my life and made the work environment really bad.
Pros
Training and quality of associates
Cons
Pay, volitile work environment
Productive and fast paced work enviroment
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Richmond, CAJanuary 17, 2019
Overall this job was an great experience. You have to have patience and listening skills to deal with all the customers that are calling in. The hardest part of this job is when customers are escalated and you have to quickly problem solve. Pros of the work environment is that everybody works together and is very helpful. I learned different task throughout the office like scanning PODs and filing. I recommend this job for people who can handle pressure.
Excellent place to work
William Sonoma Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Montgomery, ALDecember 17, 2018
A typical day at work was fast paced. I often learned about new products and helped convey that to the customer. Management was amazing, easy to communicate with. The hardest part of the job was not being able to receive a speedy response from management since it was a work from home job. I enjoyed having a fast paced job that was constantly changing. I easily adapt to jobs that are fast paced.
Pros
high pay, easy to understand
Cons
seasonal position
Why bother?
Assistant Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVDecember 7, 2018
Typical company, in this day and age, they say they are customer driven, yet the people that work there don't feel like they are important. Upper management and lower level are never on the same page, then complain when there is confusion. There is minimal room for advancement, although you are told otherwise. The standards that made this company popular when they first got started have fallen by the wayside due to their poor hiring skills and ability to execute consistently from store to store.
Nice people to work with but very stressful
Full Service Associate (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJanuary 17, 2019
I have learned a great deal over the past 2 1/2 years. Policies and procedures constantly change and are difficult at best to keep up with. There are several concepts under the Williams-Sonoma Inc. umbrella plus there are 2 divisions. Retail (stores) and E-commerce (online and catalog sales).

There are many inconsistencies with our marketing, exclusions and product information. Inventories are not monitored well enough to keep the customers and call center associates informed.

I will say that one bright spot is most of the people I work with are very nice and that definitely helps combat the stress as we all face it together.
Pros
Steady hours and decent benefits
Cons
Low pay for the amount of stress
Not diverse but loads of company sponsored events
Brand Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVDecember 14, 2018
At the office that I worked, I was very fortunate to be on one of the few teams that do not take calls: MerchOps. I loved having the freedom to pace myself and really drive at the company's goals. However, the office were I worked like to micromanage between departments. There are lots of seasoned workers who were intimidated by both new hires and temps, so there's a lot of corporate politics are play. Diverse is missing here as well from top management all the way down to hiring. Pay is quite low as well. On the flip side, there are lots of company discount events and company-sponsors charitable work.
Pros
Monthly free lunches, Corporate sponsored events
Cons
Micromanagement, low pay, lack of diversity
bad place to work the company really sucks
Sales/ Customer Services (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHNovember 6, 2018
William Sonoma was the worst company I ever worked for, I just worked there because I was working from home. I was always getting no supervisors. I was always lost never had anyone to speak to when I had problems. Always got cussed out by customers because William Sonoma took their money and never made the delivery date on time. Worked that for years only got a 0.70 cent raise.So only making 12.75 a hour which really sucked at the time, That's the reason why I quit and you can only get 10 point for the whole years and they only roll off with in the next year.Thats job really sucks and can pay the workers for much more.
Pros
working from home
Cons
points add up and wont get removed
Seasonal job!
pastry and pantry chef (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLNovember 2, 2018
I enjoyed working here for the holiday season. I enjoyed my coworkers and helping the customers. Only down fall is that I wasn't really trained on the job. So I didn't know a lot about some of the products and sales I had to continuously ask questions. The job could get a little stressful with all the customers coming in at once buying holiday gifts. And also sometimes restocking the store could take forever.
Pros
good work environment, discounts
Cons
no training
Work From Home
Work from home Advisor (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVNovember 1, 2018
Training class is a waste of time. My trainer was good but she wasn't in her position long before she found another job. She told me inaccurate information and i was later coached on it. Break times are extremely short. When trying to transfer a customer to the escalation line, you could be on hold waiting for up to an hour, which then kills your hold time and your employee id is flagged. If you are just looking to make extra money, then apply but it is definitely seasonal for a reason. After working for this company and how they can never seem to find customer's orders or cancel them, ill never buy anything from them again!!!!
Pros
Discounts
Cons
management, breaks, pay, no benefits. EVERYTHING!!
Furniture Industry has some hard guidelines in this area.
Customer Service Rep II (Former Employee) –  Claremont, NCNovember 29, 2018
My job was to receive and access claims from Pottery Barn stores throughout the US Sometimes the web sites has the incorrect information leading the sales person to order the wrong piece of furniture. The workplace was difficult as there were too many crammed into a small work space. The most enjoyable part of the job was the friendly faces.
Need to be more concerned about Emergencies
Work from Home Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Work from homeOctober 31, 2018
I just feel that they need to be more concerned about their employees when it comes to emergencies, as people have emergencies that are beyond their control. I was advised by the HR Director, that I should have waited to get the permission to move. However I had to move when I did, and had to stay in a hotel for two weeks until the new house was ready to move in. Smh, all about the company, but without your employees where would the company be, need to be more understanding of certain issues that are beyond the control.
Pros
Good Pay and benefits, work from home, paid training, and meeting new friends
Cons
Lack of empathy when it comes to their employees emergency issues
Feels like if you didn’t know how to swim and you were thrown into the ocean to learn
Virtual Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  RemoteNovember 12, 2018
Training was fun in the beginning until I realized that they didn’t want us to learn but to memorize to pass the Modules with 100. There’s like 87 mods you have to complete in a week. I was late finishing so I didn’t get much actually training done but the next week I started and my supervisor was unavailable. Any questions I had on how to assist my customer went ignored. The customers deserve better than half trained csa. I was very optimistic about this job but now I regret wasting my time. I’m very disappointed with the training and management. Their system is extremely hard to navigate and requires proper training!
Pros
Working from home
Cons
Everything besides working from home
Awesome workplace
Work from Home Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Braselton, GANovember 4, 2018
I loved this opportunity because I was allowed to learn freely. There was not a cap on what we could achieve and we were guided along the way. I feel helped and heard. I also felt like I could achieved what they set before me and I was not abandoned. The days were long but not so difficult that It couldnt be done. My supervisors and trainers were the absolute best and I appreciated all that they did for us.
Work from Home
Work from home, online customer service (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHOctober 24, 2018
Williams Sonoma is a great company but working from home for the company was very stressful with long hours. The management team were not direct and nonexistent to the staff. The training courses did not teach you much about what to do when a customer calls and how to further help the customer. Speaking to your supervisor was limited to none and was very annoyed when you were trying to answering just a simple question.The most enjoyable part of the William Sonoma job was being able to be home while working and helping out customers.
Pros
Work from home in the comfort of your home
Cons
long hours, stressful environment, workplace culture
Working for WS is second to none.
Sales Lead/Demonstration Specialist (Former Employee) –  Little Rock, AROctober 21, 2018
A typical day included a briefing by the store manager or assistant manger regarding sales goals, promotions, floor sets and more.

I gained knowledge of all things related to kitchen products to customer service.

Management was helpful.

The workplace was respectful of diversity and encouraged each other to do well. Store 838 was a dream team.

There was nothing difficult about the job. I excelled at sales, customer service, product knowledge and my confidence grew by stepping in as chef when ours relocated.

Every day was enjoyable. It's impossible to name one thing that made my job a delight.
Pros
Cons
I don't know of any.
Great work from home position
Email Specialist (Current Employee) –  Bakersfield, CAOctober 30, 2018
Hours are somewhat flexible and you can even work from home. This allows you to save money on gas and food. Work is plentiful, but customers do treat you like trash, so if you can't handle being degraded, then don't work here. Direct management will work with you and stand up for you, but the Corporate Management only sees numbers and not humans bringing them the numbers. Hardest part of the job is keeping your stats up while still giving excellent customer service. You have to break most of the policies the company wants you to follow in order to keep the customer happy. If you don't keep the customer happy, then you get a bad review, which in turn pulls your stats down.
Pros
Semi flexible work schedule, work from home
Cons
Customer treatment, stat inefficiencies

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Williams-Sonoma, Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.7InHerSight Score

2.3Personal Development

3.6Career Opportunities

2.5Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight