Williams-Sonoma, Inc. Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Found 1,502 reviews matching the search See all 1,532 reviews
Very friendly environment, loved the staff and food
Stock Person (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJune 12, 2018
Great customer service, management helped with any questions or concerns, products shipped without issues, easy to access and to unpack with rest of stock crew.
Pros
Free samples my favorite and company pot lucks to get to know all staff
Cons
Short 15 min breaks aren't helpful if store are located inside of the mall & it becomes a busy day
This job was very easy and fast pace.
Mail Order Picker (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNJune 12, 2018
I loved this job. The was the best pay and the work was very easy. There were a lot of mandatory 7 days work weeks and mandatory 12 hour work days and I loved every bit of it. The management here were great. If you are trying to pay some bills off or just get back on your feet. This is a great place to work at.
Training Days
Customer Service Representative/Call Center (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHJune 11, 2018
Amazing training!!! You feel confident and prepared. Great resources in house. Doesn’t feel like a call center once you get started with the training.
Pros
Product line is fun.
Cons
Do not promote within, salary is not competitive. I thought for sure I had a career there for life!
williams sonoma
Support Services Representative (Former Employee) –  oklahoma city, okJune 11, 2018
It is hard to keep up with the work demand on an hourly basis. They kept making it harder and harder to reach our hourly goals. Their motto is "people first" however when my mother passed away, I received no support from my company.
Amazing job opportunities
Sales Associate and Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKJune 10, 2018
Williams-Sonoma is an amazing. The workers are very cohesive and flow very well with each one another. I also received a great discount, while working together
Pros
Discounts and great insurance
Fun and interesting workplace
Visual Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAJune 10, 2018
I had a great experiance working at Williams Sonoma. It is a very pleasant and friendly work place. I worked for union square store as a seasonal visual merchandiser. I took my first steps as a visual merchandiser there and thats why this place is very special to me. I had very friendly team and loved and enjoyed working there. Only hard part I can think of was that I was working during Christmas period and worked couple of night shift to decorate the store.
Stressful job
Furniture. Specialist (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKJune 10, 2018
Call center is very stressful but paid a descent wage.
I had family with health problems couldn’t get off when need be. I also had too many family funerals - I was older than most ppl so I had several family members die.
Pros
40 hours a week always
Cons
Stress from management
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJune 10, 2018
Very fun fast paced company. Start in sales and work your way up. Dies have very strict company policies for handling problems. Many opportunities for overtime and promotion
Pros
Discounts promotional items
Cons
Angry customers
fun but very strict rules
Warehouse returns (Former Employee) –  Walnut, CAJune 7, 2018
i had spent my summer there and it was a challenge but it really shows some of the best systems for ensuring good quality control and quick time management
Did not enjoy my time there
Senior Account Executive (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAJune 5, 2018
The culture was very much like a clique and if you weren't in then life in the office was made difficult. Certain people could make their own schedules, but the rest of the department had to adhere to a 9:00 - 5:00 schedule.
Poor Management
Clerk (Current Employee) –  Braselton, GAJune 5, 2018
They work you to death one week then send you home early every day the next. Very high turn over. They expect you to be at their beck and call. None of the managers know what is going on or how to do it and the big bosses all just sit in the office and bark orders out. System is old and outdated. Other than the benefits there is not much good that can be said.
Pros
Benefits, time off
Cons
Point system, managers, lack of consistent hours
Stay away!
Operations Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Shafter, CAJune 3, 2018
Horrible company! Massive amounts of micromanagement, poor training and complete professional incompetence. Not worth the effort. They will never acknowledge their poor business practices and shady dealings.
Cons
I had a seasonal job, wasn't great wasn't terrible
Stockroom Assistant (Former Employee) –  Cedarhurst, NYMay 31, 2018
I worked here for a few months, didn't get along with the management of the store, I felt that they didn't care about me. I worked there seasonally so perhaps they just didn't feel like getting to know me.
Cons
Retail.
Love the job
Administrative clerk (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNMay 31, 2018
My day at Williams-Sonoma, I love the job I had which was Assistance Clerk, I learned how to do reports and boards update files. The management was great because for a couple the person that was there to train me taken sick and the management helped me out until someone became available. I enjoyed working with my co worker inside and outside of the office.
great
Quality Assurance Rep/Product Packager (Former Employee) –  Olive Branch, MS 38654May 30, 2018
really fast paced. physically demanding. cooperation with employees and team members. ability to switch and learn multiple tasks. big lunch rooms refrigerators.
Its Retail...
Marketing Manager (Former Employee) –  Peachtree City, GAMay 29, 2018
Not my best Retail experience, but not the worst. Fellow employees were great, if not a bit catty (older women with eight hour/week jobs can get like that). Manager was less than impressive, training was nil, the expectations for the position do not align with the pay nor the ability to rise within the company. Managers, Store Managers, and district managers appear to have disconnect, no clear cut vision for the company. Could be better, but again, not the worst place I have ever worked.
Pros
Sample Foods
Cons
Poor Management
fun place to work
Coordinator Manager (Former Employee) –  Augusta, GAMay 29, 2018
This was a good place to work and you meet a lot of people. This company allowed me to meet an array of people of all cultures, we cooked and had different cooking classes often. The company is no longer in business here.
Pros
nice enviornment to work
Cons
too much pushing credit card sales
Don't do it!
Work from Home Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVMay 28, 2018
They do not train you properly. You take a ton of computer courses, the "trainer" gives about 2 demonstrations, then boom they put you on the phones. Once you go home you have to chat in skype instant messaging and hope that someone helps to answer your questions, while the customer is yelling at you because you have no idea of what you are doing. Even if you tell the trainers that you are not comfortable and don't know what you are doing, they say "we believe in you, you can do it". This job is not what I thought it would be.
Pros
40% Discount, working from home
Cons
no training
save yourself the headache
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKMay 24, 2018
Managers and supervisors don't know how to help. Won't help and they don't care about you individually. You are a number and if your numbers aren't right you are gone.
Loved the team and gm
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Friendswood, TXMay 24, 2018
Had a great time working here. The gm was amazing and a complete workaholic. She was wonderful at listening to all of us , guiding us and giving us room to grow and blossom.
Pros
Lots of fun
Cons
Little pay for the amount of work.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Williams-Sonoma, Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.

Diversity score

54out of 100

The Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at Williams-Sonoma, Inc..

Powered by Comparably