Williams-Sonoma, Inc. Employee Reviews

Found 1,528 reviews matching the search See all 1,559 reviews
Experience
Cash Wrap (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJuly 16, 2018
The experience was great and was glad with being apart of such a great environment but sad to say the location was shut down and it makes me sad to think about it.
muy movido
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJuly 15, 2018
muy divertido y dinamico muy bonito haber laborado ahi
Pros
comida gratis
Cons
descansos cortos
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKJuly 12, 2018
Working at William-Sonoma was a great experience and Challenge when I have first started working there. Training was very fun and the people were very friendly I worked for WS for 13 years and I enjoyed every minute I was there.
Pros
Paid Lunches within the Company
very fast paced
Order Picker (Former Employee) –  Olive Branch, MSJuly 11, 2018
it was a nice place to work they just didnt acknowledge when u doing your job or go the extra mile that they ask for in the begining also u have to set a appointment just to ask your boss/lead a question
Great Company to Work For!!!!!!
TELECOM / VIDEO ENGINEER (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CAJuly 11, 2018
This company literally helped pull me out of credit card debt by paying me a salary that allows me to live off my salary and not my credit cards. They also have a great support system in reference to help learning new phases of the job.
Pros
Great support system to learn job
Cons
Non at this point
A good place to work
Cushion fill, staging (Former Employee) –  Conover, NCJuly 10, 2018
You have to be ready to work as soon as you walk in the door. Is fast paced you can't slow down if you do you have to pick up the past or get reported.
Pros
Free lunch at the end of the quarter
Cons
3 breaks
I love the company and enjoy going to work at Pottery Barn
Pottery Barn (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLJuly 8, 2018
Always a good day. Learn something new every day
Enjoy helping Clients in store and in their homes
Great team always willing to help each other
Managers always available to help
Its was ok for short term
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKJuly 6, 2018
Too many kids working there not taking job serious the training was not very good to prepare you on the floor.
I think it's a good place if you want to work from home
Pros
Free drinks
Cons
Training wasn't great to prepare you
International Customer Service Rep
International Customer Service Rep - WFH (Current Employee) –  GeorgiaJuly 5, 2018
online work from home, full time, International Customer Service Associate with ERT training. When I was first hired by Williams-Sonoma on 6/19/17 I was a part time permanent Customer Service Associate for their domestic customers. This is a very good job with great benefits, however, they are unfair with their point system. They do not think of the employees as individuals when I crisis hits. I two deaths in my family that I wanted to attend the funeral & one was out of town. They refused to give me time off and I was given negative points for calling in and attending the services. I also followed the proper guidelines for bereavement and these guidelines were not respected.
Pros
Work from home, Great benefits, Work with a lot of different systems, grave yard shift hours available
Cons
Unfair point system, salary increases are minimal even when given a promotion with more reaponsibility
Productive and Every fun work environment
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNJuly 5, 2018
Williams-Sonoma was great. positive management team. Great work environment. Steady pace job. Very relaxing. We’re giving bonuses based on our attendance. Job duties were very interesting.
Pros
Attendance bonus
Cons
Short breaks
N/a
Warehouse Worker (Current Employee) –  Braselton, GAJuly 5, 2018
I feel like it’s a waste of my time. This place is great for summer work, if your a student, or if you’re trying to jump back in to the daily grind. This isn’t somewhere to try to make a career at.
As long as everyone does their job, its great
Forklift Operator, Wave Closure (Former Employee) –  Olive Branch, MSJuly 3, 2018
Different sections all over the warehouse that seamlessly work together to keep the warehouse running at great proficiency almost 24/7. Yearly raises and job advancement opportunities.
Unique enviornment
General Manager (Former Employee) –  Mission Viejo, CAJuly 3, 2018
It would be strongly recommended that anyone considering working for this company ensure that they get the most thorough training possible.

Ask several questions and get exposed to as many sides of the business as possible.
ok
Forklift Operator/Warehouse (Former Employee) –  Industry, CAJuly 2, 2018
good place but not good mangemet fast place to work and lots of work hurrys this plasce need a little bit more safty and needs to where still toe boots and more saftyand
good place to work
Custormer Service Rep (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJune 29, 2018
I loved this job. it was kind of laid back day went by fast because of the back to back calls. different brands. really cool job the supervisors were not communicating well. but over all once you learned the system it was easy.
Pros
discounts
Cons
management didn't communicate enough for the work from home employees
productive
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Garden City, NYJune 28, 2018
Able to learn a lot about customer service and retail. Able to help customers and learn about products sold in the store and online. Flexible days and hours.
productive and fast pace workplace with beautiful kitchen appliances
Seasonal Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJune 28, 2018
I really enjoyed working at Williams Sonoma because the products we sold were beautiful kitchen appliances and the customers were very friendly. I enjoyed selling Williams Sonoma products as many products were from France like Le creuset and since I am originally from France it was fun to tap in my french culture cuisine of cooking habits
great atmoshpere
Seasonal Full-time Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKJune 28, 2018
one of my best jobs so far. the pay is amazing and its weekly. the discounts for pottery barn is why i didnt want to leave but i was only seasonal. i loved it there
This company lacks organizational skills and there is no room for advancement.
Visual Merchandising Assistant (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CAJune 27, 2018
It is a good experience to work here but dont expect to advance. You will receive a lot on your plate at once with no assistance from anyone. You will be expected to do more than you signed on for. The turn around rate here is crazy.
productive and challenging days with rewards
West Coast HUB Associate Lead (Current Employee) –  Industry, CAJune 23, 2018
The typical day is never typical. The days are always challenging with new opportunities to make things better in the operation. With goals set on a daily basis there are rewards to the teams if they are met.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Williams-Sonoma, Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.

Women's ratings

3.2Fairygodboss Score

60%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

60%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Powered by Fairygodboss