Williams-Sonoma, Inc.

Found 2,823 reviews matching the searchSee all 2,888 reviews

Williams-Sonoma, Inc. insights

Based on 1,224 survey responses
What people like
  • Ability to meet personal goals
Areas for improvement
  • Sense of belonging
  • Trust in colleagues
  • Support from manager

Used to be fun.....things have changed

When I was there, it was a fun place to work! Great products! Things have changed, and now its all about hitting numbers and store goals. More concerned about that, than working with the guests.

It was a very good place to work

It is a good place to work but things started to happen on my end with my PC unfortunately but I definitely would recommend it to people one thing be prepared to read because the training for that there is a lot of reading

You can survive. Maybe

Training is the worst I have ever experienced. You are expected to speed through modules in a class of 50+ people. The time for feedback or to ask for help is almost non-existent. Just pray you get a good Supervisor once you’re working. My supervisors have been amazing but you can see they are pulled in a million different directions all day long. The company doesn’t really care, and it shows. The job will get done. It just gets done in a half-assed way. You can survive here, and you may like it. They just don’t make it easy.

Pros

Decent benefits and pay. Both could be better

Cons

Horrendous training in all departments. Over-privileged customers

It was a fun job

The employees were nice and customers were very relatable. I would work there again if asked. We also received a employee discount. Their merchandise is considered high end.

Worked Remote

Lots of software to remember. Pay was so-so. Received over 80 calls/day. Christmas season over 150 calls/day. Even though i worked from home it wasn't for me.

Pros

No traffic

Cons

Everything else

Share your experience

Let job seekers know what it's like to work at your company.

Great coworkers

Overall great company. Supervisors were great. Coworkers are amazing. Improvement needed within the fulfillment center and communication when items are delayed. More extensive training for all will be beneficial.

Pros

Great coworkers, loved my sups

Cons

At times overworked, inconsistent

Great Company

I've been here just shy of a year and have had 2 raises and 2 promotions. It is tough here starting out but there is opportunity for advancement. If you are good at that job the advances will happen quickly. I started as a seasonal employee last year and am now in the training department assisting with the training of new hires. It's not for the weak, but definitely rewarding if you make it past peak season. Once hired you have benefits from the first day. Medical, dental, life insurance, etc. You also receive PTO, sick and vacation pay. There are service bonuses constantly as well. Also if you like time off, after peak there is ample time for VTO. Overall it's been a great experience for me.

Beware of rude customers

I barely got through training. It was very fast paced and I didn't really learn alot. I learned mostly on the job. Alot of the customers are really angry and sometimes they talk down to you.

Pros

Vto

Cons

Fast paced training, long wait time to get help

Fun place to work.

Decent pay for part time. Fun place to work and great co-workers. The discount is really good and the customers are for the most part really nice. Not too many issues at this store.

Pros

Flexibility

Cons

Short breaks

Nothing stands out

They’re spect to much from you to pay so little… they literally clock everything you do if your somewhere to long or not clocked in or out everything becomes an issue and your penalized. Honestly not worth the headache for the Pennie’s they pay

Pros

Cons

No benefits when they wanna hire you to deal with peak season & b/s

I made it 3 years and it was stressful

it's finally over but it was stressful I lasted a lot longer than most who came with my current crop but it was stressful I even moved around to other positions within the company all had their own stressful implications they finally terminated me a couple months back but I don't even care I hope the next job isn't as draining.

Pros

talking to coworkers

Cons

benefits, work/life balance, pay.timeoff

Training Leaders and Pace Are Horrible

Trainers are condescending and make asking questions uncomfortable. The material isn’t hard, but the pace is unrealistic if you’re figuring most of it out in your own. Seems the class size is too big to be effective.

Pros

Work at home, hours, products

Cons

Feeling of insecurity during training

Had seasonal customer rep job, I like dealing with customer and helping them with their problems. The pay is low-average, if you are starting out in good experience.

Pros

work at home

Cons

pay

Boring and tiring

Training is very long and boring. They don’t really explain everything you need to do kind of just expect you to figure it out. The hours are terrible the only good thing is working from home. Breaks are very short.

Tough place to work

My manager was awesome!! The company is horrible. Bait and switch. Offered full time 40 hrs a week then they cut down to 32 and made us pay for health coverage etc.

Lack of training

Customer svc is hard to learn. Breaks were short. Nice to work from home but long hours and I get sleepy at night. Lousy shift assignments and you won't get any real time off. Training modules were beautiful to look at (merchandise)

Pros

Wfh

Cons

Short breaks, training

Same as every other retailer

Employees are disposable and the hardest workers are often passed up for outside hires. The people who know the store and product inside and out are kept on the sales floor or stock room without opportunity for advancement. Talks about promotions are a joke. Managers and keyholders were seldom hired from within during my time here and they had the gall to pay the single stock worker less than all of the 5 "managers" at my location. Doesn't matter how well you know the product, sell the product, or know the ins and outs of the store. This company and all Williams Sonoma brands are the same and you should be weary.

Pros

?? The product that you sell??

Cons

No benefits, low pay, no growth, bad management, greedy company goals

You are an asset before you are a human being

Management has no idea what they are doing. They are constantly changing their strategies and none of them ever work. Everyone is overworked and stressed out. They don't have a plan for how to fix things.

Pros

They pay decently

Cons

A ridiculous amount of mandatory overtime.

Good place to work. Good company, rook to grow. They don’t offer tuition reimbursement but still an ok company overall. I would recommend to beginners

Pros

Decent pay

Cons

Time

Ok place to work .

It’s a lot of fake stuff going around with the management and co workers . A lot of drama that never gets handle also a lot of lying . Weekly pay was probably the best thing.

Pros

Weekly pay

Cons

Poor management, lack of staff training

Lack of inventory to sell. Long wait to get product to customers even before pandemic.Lack of training. No payroll budget for employees to learn product and management too busyCompany over concerned about payroll numbers and keeps allotted hours minimal.Which spills over negatively impacting customer service.Border-line obnoxious push from corporate to have customers sign up for company credit cardReturn policy flaws. Returns in store are not consistent with company guidelines or amongst different managers or when customer returns are performed on lineEmployees must be quick and be able to multi- task. High productivity is expected for $14-$16 hourly start pay to assist customers, answer phones, stock product and be able process customer transactions at registers. Every employee is monitored for productivity by the hour.Communication poor from management to trickle down to sales floor.Stressed management/ environment which negatively affects sales floor Best part of job - customers - products - no dress code - discount and bonuses.

Pros

Employee discount/products/ corporations generosity towards underprivileged

Cons

Stressed out managers, lack of staff training, bare bones payroll and lack of inventory

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Williams-Sonoma, Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

Women's ratings

2.8Fairygodboss Score

50%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

50%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Powered by  Fairygodboss