Williams-Sonoma, Inc.
Here to help
Coronavirus update
Information from Williams-Sonoma, Inc.:

Williams-Sonoma, Inc. Employee Reviews

You’re seeing reviews close to Ashburn, VA based on your current location
Not your desired location?
Choose a different one
Ashburn, VA13 reviews
When I was there, it was a fun place to work! Great products! Things have changed, and now its all about hitting numbers and store goals. More concerned about that, than working with the guests.
Start with receiving shipment and make sure all are accurate. You learn to be fast paced and physically tested. Will be tougher during peak season and must be continuously bending and lifting heavy equipment.
The management when I arrived was wonderful, i fit right in immediately. My tasks where to receive and stock the back room. organizational skills are needed to to this job.
Way to few hours, uppermanagement wants more production with less hours. Scheduling was iffy at best. Store was having sales problems...............
Pros
Good coworkers
Cons
Low hours
Would you rate your company five stars?
Rate your employer to help people make better career decisions.
If you work at the Williams Sonoma, it is for the employee discount. It is a wonderful store- although the product quality has been declining over the past years. You get minimum wage and are expected to be available at all times and have knowledge of everything sold. Too much is expected for what they pay.
Pros
Employee Discount
Cons
Salary
Overall, I’ve enjoyed my time with company. I joined the team for holiday season and decided to stay on. The job is physically demanding, compensation is much too low for work performed.
Pros
Discount
Cons
Low wages
I did enjoy working with this company, the values and culture are great. I met really nice people and also made friends! Unfortunately the last store manager we had was not people oriented so I decided to leave. Otherwise I would have stayed!
Pros
Discounts!
Cons
The store manager
Very good company with flexible hours and great customer focused environment. the job offers good pay and great discounts. the hardest part of the job is the pay but if you are happy with the management, the fun and exciting culture and the learning experience in the retail world, it makes it all worthwhile.
When I was originally hired at this position, I went in ready to work and make some holiday money. My hours were cut almost all the time and the experience was not fun at all.
Thoroughly enjoy being a member of the management team. Company has been a pleasure to work for. Great benefits and very conducive to home and family life. I have been lucky enough to have great district and general managers that have made my experience great.
A typical day at work is smooth sailing, fun and productive. Coworkers are very down to earth and everyday you learn something new from one of the managers. The hardest part of the job is being able to have thorough knowledge of all merchandise and services. Most enjoyable part of the job is gaining experience and learning about things and having access to a lot of people with great knowledge.
I just started a part-time job at Williams Sonoma about a month ago, The job was supposed to be 20 hours a week, but since I started I have had just 10 hours a week. The training is awful - the little they provide for their complex systems and rules is either standing over your shoulder, barking corrections, or listening to your sales conversations and then evaluating what you said. There is no written guide to doing the ringing up, and they have three different web sites to find product information: one tells you the sku, another tells you how many of any item is in the store, and the third provides you with a product picture, You have to have 3 different id numbers to sign on a register, The management do not like questions, and direct you to the web sites to answer any questions you have, There is little information about the products except what is online, but they do not allow you to look up product information unless a customer needs it, which makes it difficult to learn about the merchandize, Perhaps they expect us to review the information on our own time, but I would have to be paid before I study pots and pans, espresso machines, pasta, aprons, towels and the rest, I am an award winning writer and took this job because I love to cook, and needed some cash, not because I love cookware. Co-workers are very burdened and don;t like to talk, The most enjoyable part of the job is talking to the customers, which management discourages unless it will result in a significant sale,
Pros
Close to home, beautiful merchandise
Cons
Poverty wages, Schedule that changes every week
This company understands you as a worker and helps you learn how to solve all problems you would have in any other job outside of on at Williams Sonoma.
Pros
always something to do
Cons
short lunch break