Williams-Sonoma, Inc.

Williams-Sonoma, Inc. Employee Reviews

United States3,115 reviews

Found 3,115 reviews matching the searchSee all 3,190 reviews
williamssonomawilliamswilliamwsiseasonaldiscountmoduleproduct

Supportive management, inclusive, great pay and advancement opportunities

Featured review

Williams-Sonoma, Inc. selected this as a representative review
Great place to work for the pay rate, advancement opportunities, support for employees, great discount to employees, thorough, paid training program for remote employees.

What is the best part of working at the company?Ease of working from home is the best part about the jobWhat is the most stressful part about working at the company?The company has poor fulfilment, distribution and delivery contracts with vendors! They are loosing and damaging orders and supervision staff is horrible!! They don't care about their employees!What is the work environment and culture like at the company?Great culture environmental What is a typical day like for you at the company?Stressful and unorganized!!

Williams-Sonoma, Inc. insights

Based on 1,914 survey responses
Areas for improvement
  • Sense of belonging
  • Trust in colleagues
  • Overall satisfaction

Seasonal work from home

The training was pretty thorough, the job it’s self isn’t bad. I’m seasonal but would like to be permanent. The worst part of the job is giving customers bad news about their delayed items. For the most part, everyone is pretty nice

I would not recommend this job to anyone!!!! Be warned!

The people here do not care about you, your family or anything other than making them money. They have an unfair point policy, which I ended up getting pointed out the door after being 1-2 min late from taking my daughter to school. (All of my points were literally from being a responsible mom) They don’t even have a 5 min grace period. The managers are very unprofessional & they lack leadership needed to run the department. I can’t begin to tell you how unprofessional HR is. Lord I’m getting stressed thinking about this job again.

Okay place to work

It’s okay if you’re a college student. Don’t make enough for amount of calls and irate customers. I would say do the job and make it as a starting point to gain experience in call centers.

Ability to work from home

Some very irate customers, but most of them were pleasant and a joy to assist. Some escalation call which needed to be directed to a sup but sup avoid answering.

Pros

Work from home

Cons

Short breaks and bad insurance

What is the best part of working at the company?I love that it is so easy to move up the ladder. As long as you are hitting your metrics and giving great customer service you can move up within the company. Also, being part of a company that cares for their employees. What is the most stressful part about working at the company?There isn’t really anything stressful in my opinion. What is the work environment and culture like at the company?Easy goingWhat is a typical day like for you at the company?I start work at 1:30pm yes! 1:30pm I have time to do what I need to do for my babies and I work for the corporate side so I take my breaks when I want. It’s amazing

Since it's primarily a WFH company, they do a great job of keeping people involved.

They have a great training program and keep positive things happening. People are easy to talk to. There is almost always some kind of contest going on, to keep people involved.

Pros

You can earn a lot of money, they keep you involved.

Cons

You work all the time and it's hard to get PTO

Trainers, coaches, tech support are wonderful

Lots of calls but needs more hands-on training not just a lot of reading and pressing pictures. The trainers, coaches, and tech support are wonderful.

Laid back environment

Management is laid back as long as you do what your supposed to. Pay could be higher and your expected to work outside your scheduled hours on a regular basis.

Fun but somethings lack

I loved working here, fun environment, great co-workers and support but some of the attendance policies need work. Pay is good for remote work, you stay busy, not much downtime.

Fun and lots of growth opportunities

I have worked for WSI for 10 plus years. Started as a temp worker. Got hired on as a GL, moved to Load Planner, lead and now Ops manager. If you put in the work it will be notice and rewarded.

Run

Horrible training, horrible systems and policies. They throw you to the wolves with little to no guidance and expect you to know what to do. Training is self paced.

All companies have pros and cons

This company has so much opportunity for growth. I can't complain. They entrust me with so many opportunities. The customers and the most challenging.

Poor management

Poor management, ridiculous wait times, tons of angry customers because nothing arrives on time or in one piece. Stupid schedules, that make it impossible to have a life before or after work.

Cons

Managers, unpaid lunch, required overtime

Working for Williams Sonoma is Great the job is easy as long as you paid attention in trading and what you don’t understand or aren’t comfortable with you will definitely learn along the way the supervisors are very helpful and encouraging you get bonuses every month as long as you have outstanding service

Fun workplace

I worked here for a few years during the pandemic and had a fun time, there was adequate training to learn about the products and my managers always supported me and had my back. Would definitely still be working there if my location hadn't been shut down :( loved the team and loved the products!

Can be overwhelming on some days

Calls can be back to back if too many are out or short staffed. Sundays are great, pretty dead for the most part.You can request time off or early out if needed.

dont do it

worst job, your being watch , lack of help when you need it ,other dept are very rude , you get hang up on alot from other dept. pay wasn’t great for what you have to go through. the training was the only enjoyable part.

Take Life serious other than your title

I could’ve been there longer I was wanting to make it a career but obviously management is terrible in certain departments, learn how to care for your fellow coworkers other than your title , some supervisors need to be switched do to much but that’s them

Cons

Supervisor

Unrealistic Standards During Training

It is impossible to retain any of the training material at the rate they want you to go through it. If you try to go at a reasonable (ie, human) pace, they will tell you to speed up. Constant and I mean constant pressure. This leads me to believe that they care more about numbers than actually creating knowledgeable representatives.They are also very overbearing with the webcams, to the point where they will pull you away from your training material, especially for roleplaying. I left because I felt like I wasn't learning anything and the trainers didn't instill any confidence that I would be able to assist a live customer by the end of this. But if you have a photographic memory and are a professional actor, then this might be the position for you. Otherwise, would not recommend.

Pros

pay is decent

Cons

temporary with very little chance for a permanent position, poor training curriculum, and everything else

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Williams-Sonoma, Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.2 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits

Diversity score

out of 100
Comparably
Diversity Score
Top 50%
In the Top 50% of similar size companies
The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at Williams-Sonoma, Inc..
Powered byComparably

Compare Williams-Sonoma, Inc. with

• Williams-Sonoma, Inc.
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?