Williams Bridge Company

Williams Bridge Company Employee Reviews

Williams Bridge Company insights

Areas for improvement
  • General feeling of work happiness
  • Fair pay for job
  • Ability to meet personal goals

Relaxed environment

Responsible for all Human Resource functions for a company of approx. 200 employees. Those responsibilities include hiring, firing, lay-offs, benefits, compliance and training. Enjoy the opportunity to help make the company more successful by hiring good candidates. As with any HR Manager, terminating employees is not always enjoyable. While some employees get themselves fired, others try however, just aren't a good fit. I always try to find a good fit somewhere in the company but sometimes, that doesn't work.

management did not work well together

This was an Awesome job in an awesome Field. But management from BLDG to BLDG did not get along and created Conflict around them.Honesty was Not a Qualification to hire for this company

Pros

They Gave Gift Certs quarterly and annually to 1yr and up employees- 25, 50, 250

Cons

new Secretary got the 250 gift cards and just started working there. ( literally)

Good Company, Family Owned

After Wilton Construction downsized company due to economy, the construction field did not offer many job opportunities. Needing to work, I took employment at Williams Bridge. I had 20 years experience in the residential painting industry, so I applied the knowledge I had with what I had to learn to move into a supervisor position within 6 months of employment at Williams Bridge. The company closed its doors for good on May 31, 2017. I feel this is the opportunity to get back into the field that I am most passionate about and put good use to my many years of experience in the residential field.

Pros

Good Benefits, good salary

Cons

Long hours, dirty job

Company closed down

Worked here for 30 years, and wouldn't have left otherwise. Very happy with my job. We get free coffee and occasional lunch. Plenty of kittens, and no mice. There's a few roaches though.

Pros

Great work experience

Cons

they closed down

Closing

Didn't have the opportunity to work in a particularly pleasant department, but it paid the bills. Would have liked to actually stay longer, but we are going out of business.

Pros

Off by 2:30pm, over-time if wanted

Cons

Going out of business

Leave a review. Help people like you.

Productive and professional work place

I liked working here,a lot of opportunities to learn new things and advancement. knowledgeable and helpful co-workers.

Pros

No welding hood needed

Cons

building gets rained out

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Williams Bridge Company. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

4.2