Williams Brothers Construction Employee Reviews for Truck Driver

Not a good Company to work for
CDL Driver (Former Employee) –  HioustonDecember 21, 2018
This Company doesn't take care of their employees, they are prejudice, they don't give you raises when you do,they care about your CDL licenses they make you over Dot regulations, they threaten your job if you want to work on days you suppose to be off.
Pros
A job
Cons
Screw over
good money and learning experience
Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Rowlett, TXDecember 10, 2018
If you like getting money and dirty. This job for you. I had a great group of people I worked with and the time we spent together along with the long hours, we became friends and took care of each other.
Constant work
Service Fuel Technician/Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 9, 2018
With W.B. you could work up to 40 hours in a matter of 4 days depending on the amount work after tearing up some ground to build or extend the highways. Cons if it should rain work usually may come to a halt because can not work in mud and hard for trucks to grip the ground
Pros
lots of work
Cons
short breaks
Need better compensation
Concrete Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 9, 2018
William brothers gave me an opportunity of a lifetime to become a concrete truck driving but that’s that.. I was overworked and underpaid with no insurance and no paid holidays.
Long Days and Weeks, Tons of Work.
Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXDecember 25, 2017
Lots of hours and work when your not being rained out. There are no guaranteed hours in the case of rainouts. Two shifts are available night and day shift. Very competitive and fast-paced. Low wage scale but checks are manageable mostly because of the hours.
Poor work enviornment
CDL Class A Driver (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXNovember 19, 2017
Management is often callus and unwilling to work with employees to follow health an safety standards set by the state. Company handbook supplied to employees is ignored and hours outside of the set schedule are "not optional".
william brothers
Truck Driver (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXFebruary 27, 2016
i like working for william brothers except the fact that there schedule was good however the supervisors were ok.and the breaks was not there
steady work
CDL-A driver (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXDecember 20, 2015
Drove an End Dump/Belly Dump on many different projects.
Trucks were old with high mileage and getting mechanical work done was a problem at times.
Below market pay made it necessary to work 7 days a week to earn a decent living. And bad weather days hurt.
Trucking supervisor was a miserable a**hole
Pros
lots of work
Cons
below market pay and worn out equiptment
The crew I was with were fantastic.
Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Rockport, TXDecember 2, 2014
I would arrive between 6 and 7 Am attend my crew safety meeting then pre-trip my truck and prepare for my daily assignment. Upon completion of my daily assignment I would refuel mt truck in the yard, clean it, and prep for the next day. My days were from 10 to 14+ hours.
I learned a lot about handling trucks and loads in various types of trucks
flat beds, end dumps, belly dumps, and water trucks.
My co-workers were for the most part great people to work with some became close friends and still are.
Pros
A lot of over time.
Cons
A lot of over time.
o.k. to work
Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Fort WORTH, TXSeptember 10, 2013
hauling dirt & broken concrete off jobsite ! then haul new material back to jobsite. Long 12 hour days some time six days a week. supervisor listens and tries to work with you if there is an on the job problem or if you have a problem. co-workers are ok some friendly some not., But everybody does there job and what they been told to do! the hardest part of the job is there isn,t any but do what the supervisor needs to have done . best part is getting paid by the week.
Cons
no benefits
Big company, to big to get to know its employees
Laborer/ Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Peoria, ILOctober 30, 2012
The people there are nice, however, they dont really seem to care about who you are, just as long as u come to work.