Williams College Employee Reviews

Ok place to work if you need a job
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  MAAugust 31, 2018
Salary could be better, management could be more willing to work with employees on issues. Benefits are good, and the work is not hard. A very one sided political place.
Professional Experience
Summer Science Lab Director (Former Employee) –  Williamstown, MAJuly 6, 2018
Williams College is an awesome place to work. The staff are friendly and supportive. The facilities are state-of-the-art as well as being inviting and cozy.
Head Baseball Coach (Former Employee) –  Williamstown, MAJune 4, 2018
Successful entrepreneur, 25-year Ivy League and NESCAC college coach with significant experiencein secondary school college placement, residential life, admissions and coaching. Created and sold
RussMatt Baseball, LLC, the largest college spring break baseball company in the country.
Great Enviroment
Chemistry Research Technician (Current Employee) –  Williamstown, MAApril 26, 2018
Colleagues and Students alike create a comfortable and friendly work environment. The pay scale is sufficient for this area and the benefits are impressive.
Relaxed atmosphere
Systems Technician (Current Employee) –  Williamstown, MAFebruary 13, 2018
Each day is a little different. I have no "routine", as what goes on during my day depends on the various needs of staff and patrons. There is a casual atmosphere. Casual dress is acceptable.
Pros
Helping people
Cons
Less that 40 hour work week
Productive, and worked independently with little to no supervision. Self motivated.
Human Resources Assistant (Former Employee) –  Williamstown, MANovember 19, 2017
As a Human Resource Assistant, I served as Receptionist, processed new employee forms, Excel spreadsheets, attended job fairs as vendor, extensive filing, collating, and copying. Ordered supplies for office.
productive
Administrator (A/P & A/R) (Former Employee) –  Williamstown, MAOctober 18, 2017
i enjoyed my time and work experience t williams college. The Supervisor was very helpful and encouraged training for all employees. My overall experience was enjoyable.
Pros
friendly evnvironment
Cons
can be strefful at times
If you didn't go here you won't advance.
Support Staff (Former Employee) –  Williamstown, MASeptember 19, 2017
Only alumni get to move around. Mgt treats support staff like they don't matter yet they can't get along without them. They pass good people over and hire from outside because they can pay less. Some managers don't have a clue about managing a team. If you get in and have college age kids, stay for that. But expect your self esteem and confidence to be stripped away.
Pros
Good co-workers. Time off if needed.
Cons
Poor management
I worked here a long time ago.
Visiting English Professor (Former Employee) –  Williamstown, MASeptember 1, 2017
This is a professorial job. I worked here a long time ago. If you've taught English lit and know academia, you'll know this is a great job. I don't have more to say.
Painter (Former Employee) –  Williamstown, MAAugust 18, 2017
My time at Williams was rewarding. I was treated very well, paid well and I looked forward to coming to work everyday. They also paid for my 2 daughter's collage tuition.
Great people to work with
Sports and Information (Former Employee) –  Williamstown, MAJuly 18, 2017
Worked for sports and information while I was in college. Enjoyed myself while up in the booth at the games. Culture was great, people were friendly, and those I worked with were efficient.
My Alma Mater is one of the finest higher education institutions worldwide.
Alumni Fund Agent (Current Employee) –  Williamstown, MAJune 19, 2017
Williams College is among the best higher education institutions in the world. The global impact of its alumni base is among the most significant of any academic institution.
My personal experience as an undergrad changed my life and I am a proud and active alum.
Research Assistant
Research Assisstant (Former Employee) –  Williamstown, MAApril 23, 2017
Williams allows students who are on financial aid to work in partial fulfillment of their tuition. Most jobs take into account that you are a student first.
A great place to work where I was well compensated with a goos salary and benefit package.
President's House Manager (Former Employee) –  Williamstown, MAMarch 16, 2017
I oversaw all President House events and dinners. Including supervising housekeepers and waitstaff and tending to the needs of the guests. The culture of the workplace was always positive. Confidentiality and teamwork was alway a priority.
Excellent work environment, cares about employees
Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Williamstown, MAMarch 4, 2017
I worked at Williams part-time while a student. There are endless job opportunities here in a variety of capacities. My view of this institution is from the perspective of a student here, but in general, Williams really cares for its employees.
One of the greatest experiences of my life. I learn to teach Spanish and get working in class experience
Teaching Associate (Former Employee) –  Williamstown, MADecember 24, 2016
Excellent work environment, good benefits and a multicultural workplace. As TA's we teach two classes per semester and a collective class in the Winter Break. All the work was based on 18 hours a week worksheet.
Benefits
Cons
Short contract
great job security if you dont mind being a number and not a person
Maintenance Worker (Former Employee) –  Williamstown, MADecember 21, 2016
After there mindset had changed to grow to a forbes 500 style company instead of a great place to work for local townies, williams college really became a job and not a career, really hated going to work after a few years here
A good undergrad student job.
Audio/Visual Technician (Former Employee) –  Williamstown, MANovember 11, 2016
Provided a great experience to work with lights, audio, and other video technologies to make the experience as easy for students, faculty and visitors to watch movies or present presentations.
Stimulating educational environment
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Special Academic ProgramsApril 24, 2016
Great support from Department Director. This department supplied excellent training in technology and website changes . Positive energy in the workplace and support for the quality of the college. There is plenty of diversity in the student body, which is fun to be involved with during the programs offered at lunch time and in the evenings.
Pros
Beautiful campus, excellent surrounding environment for eateries, museums, access to library and art museum
Student Job
Library Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Williamstown, MANovember 3, 2014
Williams college was a job I had while I was enrolled in college. Everyday I would go in retrieve books of the shelves for the different colleges, photocopy articles and fax them, open mail, clean, and file.The management was very understand as well very nice and easy to work with. The hardest thing about the job was it was just in the summer, but I enjoyed it cause I had a hard time in school.