Williams Companies Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Not the company it was 5 years ago, and continuing to head downhill
Anonymous (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 2, 2018
Prior to the collapse of the energy markets, Williams was dynamic place with a lot of positive energy. 5 years later, that positivity is gone. People come in to work like Tom Hanks in the beginning of "Joe vs. the Volcano".
Poor management and lack of safety
Operations Tech (Former Employee) –  Cleburne, TXJune 22, 2018
Management turns a blind eye for safety and has an one shoe fits all mentality for safety protocols and procedures. Zero job advancement unless you are willing to move. Plenty overtime, but zero relief or effort to acknowledge unsafe working conditions. Bonuses are offered but subjective within management. Employees are treated like just another number.
Pros
Plenty overtime
Cons
Poor Management/Supervision
Very satisfactory job
Senior Continuous Improvement Specialist Advisor (Current Employee) –  Tulsa, OKJune 12, 2018
Nice place to work and nice people to work with. Good Pay, Excellent Benefits, flexible working hours make this easy to go to work. I recommend it easily.
Great company if you can get in
Contractor for Service Desk (Current Employee) –  Tulsa, OKMay 29, 2018
Williams provides a top notch environment for employees. The employees are professional and a pleasure to work with daily. The provide a good salary and benefits. The only issue i've had is where the company is going. Williams feels less stable and more looking to be bought out. Contractors who they keep around for years should be hired but they are constantly lead on. Ive been a contractor for 3 years and told i was being converted to full time since year 1.
Pros
professional staff, Good Salary
Cons
Hard to get hired by the company
Maybe biased, but I have a great manager
Credit Analyst (Current Employee) –  Tulsa, OKMay 7, 2018
Everyone knows the work environment is 90% of the reason you either stay or start looking and I don't have anything bad to say about who I work with. Great people who are supportive and always friendly. My manager goes above and beyond giving his group time off they ask for and balancing work/life.
I really enjoyed what I was doing
Project Controls Analyst (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKApril 12, 2018
I really enjoyed what I was doing. I enjoyed working with most of the people around me. The company offices were in a good location. Due to the size of the company, the benefits were good.
Nice people, positive environment
Senior HR & Process Consultant (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKApril 10, 2018
I was able to work with little or no supervision, and my supervisor gave me discretion over what I needed to do, because I knew my job.
I would still be there, but the company was bought and they laid off most of the Tulsa staff.
Pros
Cafeteria, positive & friendly work environment
Cons
Possibility of merger & layoff
Honest work
Attendant Caregiver (Former Employee) –  Hutchinson, KSMarch 30, 2018
Providing care to an amazing young person that needed assistance and didn't allow alot of people in his circle. I learned patience, time management and how to handle difficult situations in a timely manner.
Good environment
Lead Scheduler (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMarch 26, 2018
williams was a good experience. Supportive management, good projects, great commute. I would recommend working here. Occasional travel to Oklahoma, but that was cool too
Pros
9/80 work schedule
Cons
sometimes a very heavy workload
Great Company!
Human Resources (Current Employee) –  Tulsa, OKMarch 23, 2018
Great people, great culture, great benefits! Would recommend to anyone looking to work for an amazing company. Good work/life balance. Very blessed to be here!
Empowering
Business Intelligence Analyst (Current Employee) –  Tulsa, OKMarch 14, 2018
Work culture empowered employees to think on their feet without being micromanaged. Excellent collaborative teams. Diversity and Inclusion programs that benefit staff.
Pros
Collaborative Environment
Cons
Do not transition Leased Workers to full time
Competitive
Software Integration Analyst/Contractor (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKMarch 4, 2018
Some upward mobility, but very competitive . Several people would apply and it is all about who you know not what you know. Expensive to park downtown and have to park several blocks away, car broken into because someone through a brick through my passenger window. Not safe to leave building alone at night.
great place
Manager (Former Employee) –  New York, NYpppppFebruary 15, 2018
A typical day consisted of deal and tending to customers needs and wants, i learned to have more patients when deal with people. Management was a pleasure to work with.
Pros
making money
Cons
work some weekends
productive and fun place to work
Driver (Former Employee) –  Lorton, VAFebruary 2, 2018
Are ducted and fun place to work learn a lot about Landscaping hardships and masonry work because of you it was something new everyday lot of different projects
Pros
free lunch
Cons
long summer days
The best company to work for
Senior Counsel (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJanuary 24, 2018
Williams is truly a wonderful company to work for. The environment is highly collaborative, leadership is involved and sets clear and reasonable expectations for the organization.
Highly Recommend
Project Control Analyst (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJanuary 20, 2018
Overall great experience.
Learned a lot about the workplace environment.
Collaborative work group.
Time management is crucial.
Must be detail oriented.
Favortism and poor management
Field Accountant / Project Support (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJanuary 15, 2018
When requesting hours to be paid, Manager got extremely irritated. I was then let go unexpectedly. The department is one large clique of employees. Most of the "team" are friends and they disregard the Contractors as if we didn't exist. No job security and no respect.
I appreciated the management style and respect for fellow employees.
IT Service Manager (Former Employee) –  Tulsa. OKJanuary 3, 2018
My team was a group of 9, who worked together on a daily basis and did a wonderful job supporting one another.

My manager kept us well informed while also giving us respect and trust to do out jobs well.
Pros
Flexibility, within reason, as far as working around life events.
Cons
Constant management structure changes making it difficult to get settled for a decent amount of time, cohesiveness between the various IT teams wasn't always very collaborative
Poor supervisors and they are only woried about themselves.
Coordinator of Maintenance (Former Employee) –  Wamsutter, WYDecember 19, 2017
Cutthroat in every way and promote that with their employees. Would not recommend working there. Upper management does not know what is happening at the local lever. Only work on the buddy system.
Cons
Cutthroat
Well Paid but Over all Focus lacking
Sr. Business Analyst RIM (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKDecember 17, 2017
They should have a better focus on how to obtain the desired Results.
Partly due to ineffective managers and not really understanding exactly what they want to accomplish.
Too many meeting and NOT enough "Get er Dun!!!" mentality.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Williams Companies. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.6InHerSight Score

2.3Personal Development

2.3Career Opportunities

3.1Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight