Williams Distributing Employee Reviews

Uncomfortable work enviroment
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MIDecember 4, 2018
Be careful, the pay doesnt equal the workload. Don't pay enough for the current cost of living considering cost of rent/property, vehicles and the everyday cost of living in the Grand Rapids area. There is definitely better esle where.
Pros
Stable paycheck
Cons
Its hard to have a good attitude because someone is always yelling about somthing petty.
Great company with great people!
Management (Current Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MIOctober 31, 2018
Solid company with longevity. Contiuously growing. Friendly atmosphere. Lots of room for advancement. Company is flexible and understanding as long as you do your part and show up for work and do the job you were hired for.
Pros
Stable company. Friendly coworkers. Competitive pay.
Cons
Sometimes short staffed
Fun place to work
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Biloxi, MSSeptember 14, 2018
My dad owns the company and it’s a great place to work and he’s a great man a really great man to work for I would highly advice anyone to apply for this job
Pros
Lunches
Cons
Short breaks
Not a good environment, manager has anger issue and cussed at you if made errors
Accounts Payable Specialist (Former Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MIAugust 22, 2018
Good place to work for if you are a self starter and know all there is to know about the job. They don't take the time to train or communicate. I was there a short time made a few error. Out the door! I reported to a lady manager she had anger issues, cussed and thought it was funny. Never new what kind of mood she would be in. I don't recommend this place as a good work environment
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
no breaks, bad management
Poor leadership, place is a joke dont bother
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MIAugust 6, 2018
One guy is single handley running this place into the ground, no teamwork, no accountability, good luck doing several peoples work becuase there are never enough workers and people are always calling in. only plus is there are plenty or overtime oppertunies
Pros
A few co-workers
Cons
Hot/cold
Fun job for college
Brand Ambassador (Former Employee) –  Chicopee, MAApril 4, 2018
You have to be willing to speak to people and get them to try and acknoledge the brand. This company is great to work for and they pay well. There werent too many hours available though
for the most part it was a good place to work
Warehouse Inventory Control (Former Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MIOctober 16, 2017
The warehouse manager had a chip on his shoulder and didn't like anyone to second guess him, other than that it was a good place to work, very busy which made the days go by fast.
Pros
Lots of work to do
Cons
a couple of people had egos.
Should have stayed
Marketing Director (Former Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MISeptember 26, 2017
I left to start my own business and found out it isn't all that.

They took good care of me and I was the top salesman in the HVAC department.

The money was good and I was secure. I left it because I was unwise. I got what I asked for.
Pros
Safe and decent.
Cons
Limited upward mobility
Fun place to work when right management is in place
Cdl A delivery driver (Former Employee) –  Chicopee, MAJuly 22, 2017
I enjoyed working at this place. But it was like high school and place is so miss managed. It's hard work on the driver side. Alot of people are hurt and will never be the same from what is expected from the work that is done. HR is not friendly anymore. At the end it wasn't the same place I started at and wasn't enjoyable to go to. Your walking on egg shells.
Pros
Teamster health insurance, pension, work clothes
Cons
New management, lied to alot, getting hurt, starting rate, list could go on.
great place.
Driver Helper/Warehouse (Former Employee) –  Chicopee, MASeptember 6, 2016
I loved working there it was hard physical labor but it was worth it.i got to meet a lot of people because every week I was a new driver on a different run
positive work environment
Fireplace Installer (Former Employee) –  Pontiac MichiganJune 7, 2015
I enjoyed learning the fireplace installation process. It is always fun when we have to install fireplaces as a team. Co-workers are easy to get along with and everyone helps each other.
Pros
benefits package and overtime
Cons
cost of medical insurance
Great place to work, with great employees and bosses.
Delivery Helper (Current Employee) –  Chicopee, MAFebruary 12, 2015
Typical loading and unloading of trucks. Work til your day is done and everything is complete.Hardest part of the job is working in the elements.Everyone that I've worked with has been great.
Pros
They guys you work with, and how they work and assist you.
Cons
Working in bad weather, if subject to.
Fun, enjoyable, positive work environment
Promotional Staff (Former Employee) –  Chicopee, MAFebruary 10, 2015
I really enjoyed working for this company. We would promote at different locations and events in the Western Mass., area. The product we promoted was Anheuser-Busch product line in the Western Mass. district. I conducted live remotes for key Anheuser-Busch distributor. I had a blast going to work each day.
Decent place to work
Purchasing Agent (Former Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MIJanuary 25, 2015
Good place to work if you'e under the supervision of the right manager.
Great company
sales (Current Employee) –  Grand RapidsJuly 22, 2013
I have worked for as well as myself and I could not be happier @ Williams Distributing.
Pros
Management cares about myself and family, hours, flexibility
Enjoyable work in shipping and recieving.
Laborer (Former Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MIDecember 10, 2012
I enjoyed the physical aspect of the job, being physically demanding. I also learned and became skilled at how to operate stand-up and sit-down forklifts. The supervisor and co-workers were very tight knit inside and outside of work. We worked very hard but were not afraid of laughing at each others expenses. The hardest part was the summer and winter temperatures in the warehouse, which we dressed appropriately for. The best part of the job was the decent wages, bonuses for accuracy, and overtime opportunities.
Pros
good pay and bonuses.
Cons
physically demanding
Great job, poor management.
Warehouse Mgr/Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Maumee, OHOctober 5, 2012
I enjoyed the everyday challenges the job offered, but management created too hostile of an environment to stay. My day consisted of unlocking the premises upon arrival, data entry for orders as well as tracking orders, answering sales calls and making them, delivery of merchandise, managing shipping and recieving of stock.
Management could've handled training and customer service a little better though. Recieved complaints from clients about managements professionalism on sales calls, and treatment of co-workers. The hardest part of the job was dealing with the supervisor/management due to the hostility that they created. Constant beratement, crass attitude, and constant belittlement, not to mention the constant micro-managing. At one point, I was even put down in front of a customer who was told by the manager that I was his "bit@#!" Completely unprofessional.
The most enjoyable part of the job was dealing with the customers and seeing their satisfaction when an order was taken care of promply and with respect.
Pros
hour long lunches
Cons
sometimes had to work through lunches and didn't get paid for it. hostile work environment.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Williams Distributing. Our community is ready to answer.

Williams Distributing Reviews by Location