Williams Scotsman, Inc Employee Reviews

Horrible management
Driver/Operator (Former Employee) –  Henderson, COApril 8, 2018
I have never seen a more mismanaged place in my life. The people in charge have no idea how the shop or transportation department is supposed to be ran. The only thing they seemed to know how to do is tell and throw temper tantrums when things weren't to their satisfaction. Not 1 of them could actually do the job for which they were in charge... Don't waste your time...
Pros
Cons
Horrible management
Good while it lasted
General Manager (Former Employee) –  Reserve, LAMarch 20, 2018
Good company, unrealistic goals, management out of touch with reality, employees out for themselves, no sense of team. Always missing something, it could be missing information on job or scope of work or missing resources to do job, broken equipment. product bastardized and not repaired properly, poor leadership and profits above all else. At one time when I worked there had 97% repeat customer approval rating, today its probably less than 50 % and nobody cares.
Pros
it was a pay check
Cons
cut throat, cheapist guys wins industry
Very Productive Cpmpany
Collection Assistant Administrator (Former Employee) –  White Marsh, MDJanuary 18, 2018
I worked in three different departments. I learned to communicate well with my co-workers. I enjoyed learning about how the Company works., I would work there again .
Pros
I worked at my leisure
Cons
Health insurance to High
Excellent place to work
SALES REPRESENTATIVE - LEVEL 3 BRANCH (Former Employee) –  Denver, COJanuary 16, 2018
I really enjoyed my time a Williams Scotsman I started as a account manager in Harrisburg, Pa. then was promoted to selling branch manager. The mobile office industry was a fast paced environment and you get to work with many different contractors, school districts, municipalities and office environments. Its a very well run business with allot of advancement opportunities within or throughout the country.
Fast paced,stressful job
Field Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake CityAugust 7, 2017
The company itself is a good company to work for, it is hard to get good help in the shop. There has been a huge growth spurt in Salt Lake and without good help it puts a huge amount of stress and work load on the limited good employees that the shop does have.
Pros
Lunches once in a while good benefits
Cons
High expectations
extremly cut throat, constant over the shoulder watching. any mistake will be discussed in daily meetings as will be in weekly topics.
Technician (Former Employee) –  San Martin, CAJuly 22, 2017
unfair and extreme stress environment with no chance for any advancement and in achievable deadlines on an ancient fleet line with no chance at getting any newer. upper management only interested in the all mighty dollar no matter the cost to employee.
Pros
holiday schedule is the best i've seen.
Cons
extremly low pay for work and enviorment and load.
Buen ambiente de trabajo,
Field Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLMay 14, 2017
En ocasiones se trabaja en el taller, en ocasiones se trabaja en la calle con residencias o comercios. Oportunidad para demostrar tus conocimientos. Muchos clientes dan buenas referencias por tu trabajo.
Pros
Buenos beneficios marginales
Management Key Problems
Construction Worker (Former Employee) –  Georgetown, TXJanuary 19, 2017
Worked there for about 4 Months. There was so much work that needed to be done yet we was understaffed and micromanaged. Every second a manager looking over you shoulder and stopping you every other minute. The management team was very unorganized and had very bad communication skills. There was no Training program included. I learned a lot teaching myself how to do things. The employees was great but the managers wasn't at all..
Pros
Employees was awesome. I learned a lot
Cons
No Training, Management wasnt to great. Un-organized
Overall Review
Modular Building Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Berlin, NJNovember 16, 2015
Scotsman is a good place to work, even though they are stuck in past in different departments. They need to review who is in the decision making and review process and revise, this has cost the Company money and prestige. Local branches need more over site on project scope.
Pros
Nice people
Cons
Bad project management review process, Bad corporate decision processes
Self managed environment very competitive
Storage Product Representative (Former Employee) –  Kearny, NJFebruary 4, 2015
The short time spent at Williams Scotsman was an experience I would not pass up for anything. But there were a lot of management mistakes that were more than noticeable.
Pros
Benefits were more than great.
Cons
The work place was not supportive not helpful.
Micromanaged and underappreciated
Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXDecember 26, 2013
WS has a great mission and overall philosophy, however, due to the unbelievably over micromanagement in all aspects it steals the value from the mission.
Pros
Great people
Cons
Too micromanaged
dying industry
Regional Manager Modular Buildings West (Former Employee) –  Riverside, CADecember 13, 2013
reinventing themselves! the product is old, replacement product is very expensive. Margins are down, management is unimaginative!
Pros
pay checks
Cons
better have a new career in the works
Small, but good start
Staff Accountant (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDOctober 21, 2013
Small work place. Great place to start out in public accounting.
Stressful
Collector (Former Employee) –  Fells PointFebruary 15, 2013
Over worked very under staffed with high volume of work. Small work area 3x4 space on top of each other. Management is unknowlegable. No training of new employees.
Pros
benefits are reasonsible
Cons
location
Not an ideal place to work.
Professional (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDDecember 12, 2012
Extreamly overworked and underpaid. No support from upper management. Co-workers are great but they are also extreamly overworked and understaffed.
Pros
one hour lunch periods
Cons
unrealistic deadlines, extreamly overworked, very underpaid, very little support from uppermanagement
great place to work
LQT Rep. for outbound calls (Former Employee) –  White Marsh, MDDecember 11, 2012
A typical day at Williams Scotsman was very relaxing, my co-workers where like a work family, a great team, the most enjoyable part of my job was that I worked at my own pace, in a relaxed competitive enviroment, the hardest part of my job was prospecting when I first started, since I have learned new sales force techinques.
A very sterile, cold work atmosphere
Payroll Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDOctober 2, 2012
Enjoyed my job, but there was no proper training or proof of any focus on professional or personal growth within the department.
Pros
very nice co-workers, beautiful location.
Cons
not allowed to interact with co-workers other than at lunch, conversations during work hrs could only be work related.
Mobile, Modular Industry, General Construction Management
Project Manager/ Superintendent/ Estimator (Former Employee) –  Various locationsDecember 20, 2011
. Productive in the construction training programs. Technical support, Human Resource support.
Pros
n/a
Cons
n/a
Great training, work with excellent staff
Lead Administrator (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, Fl BranchDecember 19, 2011
Although understaffed, I enjoyed the challange of the job. The decline in the building industry led to regional cutbacks layoffs. Nevertheless an excellent company to work for!
Pros
excellent benefits
Cons
understaffed