WILLIAMSBURG LANDING INC Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Stressful Environment
Rounds Cook (Former Employee) –  Williamsburg, VAJune 17, 2018
If you have no life, then this is the perfect place for you. It was OK before the contract company (Flik Lifestyles), but after that it quickly went down hill. The place is full of elderly people that need to retire and give the opportunity for others to move up. Super high turnover rate. If you have an opinion, please keep it to yourself because if management did not come up with the idea, it is meaningless.

The best thing about this job is the nice Holiday Bonus that the residents provide for the staff and you eat good every day.
Pros
Christmas Bonus, free food, getting to know the residents
Cons
Management, scheduling
Best CNA job ever!
Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA) (Former Employee) –  Williamsburg, VAMay 23, 2018
I loved working here, and i NEVER had any complaints. They were always willing to work with me and my schedule and I could always pick up overtime if I wanted. This company cares for their employees and their patients!!
clean place to work
Charge Nurse (Former Employee) –  Williamsburg, VAApril 9, 2018
I have enjoyed myself working with the staff. I don't have much to say at this point because i know longer work there, you will have to find out for yourself.
If you like working in a toxic environment.....
Nurse (Former Employee) –  Williamsburg, VAFebruary 16, 2018
Then this would be the place for you. Administration is nice to your face and not so nice behind your back. Training provided isn't good at all. You're basically thrown on the floor without having been oriented to the floor you're working. However, the patient ratio IS one of the best. Support from upper management is lacking. If you're not one of those kiss butt type of people, you would not be welcome here.

The most enjoyable part of the job is definitely the residents. The Landing itself isn't a bad place to work, but the Health and Rehab part of it is a different story altogether.

Pay is very competitive, and the benefits are excellent. But, if you are the type of person that has a conscience, this wouldn't be the place for you.

So many current workers that have been there for quite some time are unhappy. The question is to ask "why"?
Pros
Residents, food is good
Cons
Cutthroat Environment
Great People, Fun, Friendly, Laid Back Atmosphere
House Keeper (Former Employee) –  Williamsburg, VAFebruary 6, 2018
Typical Day: Cleaning, and Doing Laundry. Great Management. Workplace Culture: Retirement Home. Hardest Part Of Job: Stripping and Waxing Floors. Most Enjoyable Part: Working Around and Talking To Residents.
hate it
Dietary Aide (Current Employee) –  Wilton Manors, FLJanuary 8, 2018
Worked at Williams-burg Landing for over a year and I hated it.. There is no growth at this job. You go and do the same thing every single day. So many people quit its ridiculous because the pay suck,
Pros
absolutely nothing
Cons
need to be shut down
Back stabbing and poor management
LPN (Former Employee) –  Williamsburg, VADecember 30, 2017
Don’t waste your time they do not care about their employees and Pay sucks. The most important thing to CEO is how to make money and paying their employees less money for a job well done.
Pros
Discounted meals
Cons
No support system
Very stressful environment
Dietary (Current Employee) –  Williamsburg VirginiaOctober 5, 2017
The residence of Wonderful and loving love being part of their life unfortunately Under New Management not reliable nothing is kept confidential can't trust anyone very stressful and uncomfortable work situation
Pros
Free food
Cons
Poor management
I love it
LPN (Licensed Practical Nurse) (Former Employee) –  Williamsburg, VASeptember 29, 2017
I worked for williamsburg landing for a total of 3 years! The first time I was working day shift for two years due to family emergency I had to stop working and take care of family. I then came back and worked night shift for 1 year which I absolutely loved. 5 stars all the way around!
#1 overall for CCRC's
Marketing Associate (Former Employee) –  Williamsburg, VASeptember 19, 2017
Note: There is not one person, place or thing that is considered perfect; but, Williamsburg Landing, for the most part, provided me with an adequate working environment, great benefits, exceptional residents and amicable staff.
Pros
benefits & working with exceptional residents
Cons
Not being able to work more with residents
When taken over by a contractor it bacame an unhappy place to work
Sous Chef (Former Employee) –  Williamsburg, VAAugust 14, 2017
Unfortunately a culture of gossip and back stabbing was promoted. Food quality went drastically down hill. A general lack of customer concearns . Contractor only worried about cutting costs .
Pros
excellent benefits
Cons
quality suffered
Great meeting residents
Office Receptionist (Retirement Community) (Former Employee) –  Williamsburg, VAJuly 16, 2017
I enjoyed meeting and forming relationships with the elderly residents. I feel that there could have been more work provided to me during down time as I worked the evening shift. I like to be busy.
Pros
Interaction with people
Cons
Poor training
Comfortable job
Medical Office Assistant (Current Employee) –  Williamsburg, VAMarch 14, 2017
I make appointments, scan, make phone calls, room patients. I've learned a lot over the year that I have been here. The management is okay, its a big turn over rate though. My job isn't really hard. I enjoy the most is interacting with the residents.
Peaceful setting
DINING ROOM SERVER (Current Employee) –  Williamsburg, VAJanuary 25, 2017
The residents are great to be around with. They make you laugh, they are there to cheer you on or just to bring you out of the dumps. The management could much improved within the work place as far as scheduling enough staff and/or having the knowledge of what's going on with the residents and work staff. Sometimes, the hardest part to do is to leave on time because there so much to do when trying to set the dining room for the breakfast shift and still be able to do other side work.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Working by yourself
It's a job.
Jack of all trades (Current Employee) –  VADecember 31, 2016
It's a job. If you are new, have to wait 90 days until your benefits( sick/vacation) kick in. Also, if you are in certain departments, you are required to work holidays unless you take a vacation day which is a catch-22 if you are a new employee. And the Landing's version of paid holidays requires the employees to use vacation days in order to have your holidays paid for. Pay is decent. Co-workers are nice although they seem like they are hiding something or brooding. And the veteran employees seem clueless about new policies. In the department I work, there seems to be no printed department sop and communication is lackluster. We just wing it. In addition, if there are too many employees in your department and not enough work, we just sit around trying to find something to do or waiting for the manager to start sending employees home which is rare. Still, too many chiefs and not enough Indians. And as many have said, most of the time, the residents are wonderful, however a few can be trying as age related problems have set in.
Pros
Meals discounted, decent pay, health plan, residents, gym.
Cons
30 minute unpaid break, holiday pay, no 3 day holidays, lackluster communication, no sop.
Work Place
Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Williamsburg, VAOctober 2, 2016
A typical day at work is easy for me. The reason I'm stating this is because I work on third shift. The resident is sleep or watching television. I am in a Retirement home in Assisted Living where the Residents can do for their self and I assisted five residents with a little of there Activity Of Daily care.
Pros
No free lunch but we can get the food for a discount.
Cons
Computer system
Very nice retirement community
LPN Charge Nurse (Former Employee) –  Williamsburg, VAAugust 22, 2016
Very nice facility to work for, very clean. Management needs to be cleaned up. Too many chiefs and not enough Indians. Managers very my way or the highway, employee input not acknowledged.
Pros
nice and clean enviornment
Cons
management
no good
CNA (Former Employee) –  Williamsburg, VAAugust 15, 2016
Not enough hours. Applied strictly for the home care and they wanted me to work in the facility part which is not what I signed up for. I soon left....
Pros
good pay for cna
Cons
not enough hours, one rude manager
Run away as fast as you can
Environmental Services (Former Employee) –  Williamsburg, VAJune 1, 2016
Great Residents, lunch breaks and co workers and Christmas bonus
Management stinks
Too many chiefs
Management is lazy and they are liars too
Pros
Not hard work at all
Cons
No job stability, bad management... They care nothing about work performance....
The residents are great to work with.
Unit Secretary (Former Employee) –  Williamsburg, VANovember 13, 2015
Beautiful landscape and great place to work. During Christmas the resident committee gives each employee a check from their Christmas fund to show how much they appreciate employees.
Pros
Free health club membership
Cons
No overtime