Willis-Knighton Health System

Willis-Knighton Health System Employee Reviews

United States66 reviews
It's a wonderful hospital and has some great people working at the facility. It is a very fast paced environment and very through in training and education.
Pros
The patients, employees, and work experience and benefits
Cons
Hours
It was a good job for getting started in the medical coding field; however, the work environment left a lot to be desired. We had to sign in and out to for restroom breaks and did not have a usable restroom on the same floor as the coding office.
I enjoyed my twelve years with WK. I have made friends that I consider family. It was a team work environment. I have worked medical surgical floor and care management and had great managers that provided help and support.
Great place to work only reason I left was I moved out of state
Small community hospice

Family like coworkers loved all my coworkers

Supervisors very good too
I enjoyed my postion at WK, and I would love to rejoin. I worked with the GI patients. Assinting in EGD'S, Colonoscopys, etc. The work enviorment was friendly and quick pace. I learned a lot from my fellow employees, and gained some great friendships.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
call hours
Job seekers rely on your experience.
WKHS is a great place to work. Especially if you're fresh out of school. I started in 2016 working SPD and when I left in 2019 I was working as a surgical tech. WKHS was the best decision I made in my career.
I have only ever worked for this company. I was a tech in the ED through nursing school. Great time and experience. It was only after I graduated and became a nurse that I realized there is less “emergency” nursing than there is holding patients for an unsafe amount of time. It is regular to see patients being held in the ED for days and occasionally up to and over a week. I am ready to experience other things.
Poor culture. It seems like most of the employees don't enjoy their jobs. I'm not really sure what else to say. The people I worked for and with were great but Upper Management does not seem to care about employees.
Working with the Providers and clinical staff was great. I was a contactor during my working time with WKHS. I was extremely busy during my time....
I learned a lot in the time that I have been employed here. A typical day at work is busy. The management is decent could use some improvement. The hardest part of the job was being overworked because we are so short staffed even as a "full staff". The part I enjoyed the most was obtaining a close relationships with my coworkers and caring for our patients and their needs.
I stayed busy and that is what I liked and helping patients with their needs. I enjoyed my co-workers and I had a lot of fun working with my supervisor
As the fitness center supervisor, I was responsible for maintaining the gym equipment and monitoring and recording attendance. As time went on I was given the option to teach some fitness classes and help the director plan and implement activities for the residents.
the job is pretty cool and laid back sometimes . all you do is stock and make sure the floors have everything they need to get them through the night until the next shift arrives
I enjoyed working at this facility, especially working with my team. My coworkers were awesome and this first job gave my the resilience to venture off into different realms of the nursing world.
Pros
Awesome coworkers
Cons
Worked every other weekend.
Overall WK is okay place to work, it lacks diversity with higher management which is a red flag but overall okay place to work. There are definitely enough resources and management in the building.
I currently work here but I’m often placed in units that I was not assigned. The staffing offices do not seem to have a grasp on the proper way to staff and schedule. We continually work short handed without enough CNA’s. I feel overworked and under appreciated most days but it’s the best gig in town in Louisiana. Facilities are top notch and clean. When you walk in you realize where all the money is being spent and it’s not on staff wages. I’m frustrated that i have to work flex without benefits even though I work full time hours.
Pros
Nice working environment facility wise
Cons
Pay and lack of appreciation
Overall great place! Love my coworkers! Nice work environment. Supervisors are helpful! Great teamwork. Interested in flexible hours. Sign on bonus offered.
I love working for Willis Knighton but of course it has its downfall. It’s a bit tricky to rate this company, however, because it will be different at every clinic. Overall, as long as you get stuck in a clinic you feel valued and appreciated at, you will love working here! Do NOT accept a permanent until you know for a 100% fact you are in love with it!!!!!!!! (Learned from personal experience..)
Good benefits . Advancement opportunities . Multiple hospitals to work at many locations. Stable employment. Comparable salary with surrounding hospitals.
When I first started working for this company I was what you called a pacer. I would go from clinic to clinic, wherever they needed me and helped out the front desk employees. The only issue with that was I was called an hour before I had to be there and I live an hour away from every location.
Pros
There's always something to do and very good benefits
Cons
If i were to go down the road i could have earned more money for doing the same thing.
It been a long time but the hardest part is the heat in the laundry the co worker are great the and they really and some team work the management was good at really understand
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Willis-Knighton Health System. Our community is ready to answer.
Willis-Knighton Health System Reviews by Location