Willis-Knighton Health System Employee Reviews

Learning experience, fast paced, different environments daily
Nurse Aide (Former Employee) –  Bossier City, LAMarch 31, 2018
Great place to work. Teaching hospital. Enjoyed working with different people every day. Learning new procedures and being apart of someone healing process.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
Teamwork
A great place to work
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Shreveport, LAFebruary 28, 2018
A great place to learn or to hire in out of school. Training included 6 weeks with a preceptor and weekly evaluations. The hours are long because their are only 12 hour shifts mostly for bedside care of patients.
Pros
training is avaiable
Cons
pay is low compared to other hospitals in area
Contractor (Former Employee) –  Shreveport, LAFebruary 12, 2018
Felt comfortable. Preparation for Upgrades were intense. But Go Lives went well due to the preparation, On site support was always welcomed by the clinical staff and providers.
Pros
Monthly Birthdays celebrated
Cons
No Breaks, short lunch
learning environment
Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Bossier City, LAFebruary 1, 2018
there are many opportunities to try different areas of the work place, office politics are common. The float pool is an option that is less stressful for the line of work I do
work
Medical Records Clerk (Current Employee) –  Bossier City, LADecember 16, 2017
Everything about job is lovely is but it is not my career field. The hardest thing about the job is lack of help wen needed with alot of workers are around.
Pros
Good job
Cons
Alot of work that not in my job descritpion.
It's a good place to establish career experience
Former employee (Former Employee) –  Shreveport, LANovember 28, 2017
I learned quite a bit while at Willis-Knighton, but I don't miss the job now that I'm gone. Things always moved quickly at Willis-Knighton, but oftentimes that meant pushing back project deadlines and prioritizing projects. In the beginning, once my role was established within my department, I had several people assigned to me to train me and I had to learn quite a bit in a very short time. I became an expert in these skills, but once I learned what I needed to for my position, I wasn't given much opportunity to learn after that point. During my employment, the department structure was changed several times, causing problems within the department. I reached out to management for more opportunities and/or job enrichment (such as assisting overworked coworkers with their projects), but nothing ever came of this opportunity. I eventually found myself working on the same monotonous tasks/projects. I spoke with several supervisors about the issues I experienced during my employment at Willis-Knighton, but nothing ever came from voicing my concerns/issues.
Pros
Good Health Benefits
Cons
Little Opportunity, Little Time Off, Poor Management
Productive workplace
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Shreveport, LANovember 15, 2017
Great place to work, awesome people, and endless growth opportunities. As long as you're willing to do your job you will be treated right and compensated very well.
Working at WKHS
Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Shreveport, LAOctober 9, 2017
Throughout my years at WKHS, I was trained in various technological and client relations that will help me pursue my future endeavors. On the other hand, job security is unknown due to the lack of communication to employees, and regardless of loyalty to the company, it is not guaranteed.
Demanding Place
Pre-Registration/ Precertification/Admitting (Former Employee) –  Bossier City, LASeptember 9, 2017
The work environment is very demanding. You have to be very focused on your duties and make sure everything is done correctly. Discipline in focusing on the needs of others is a necessity.
Great work environment free coffee beautiful office
Accounts Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Shreveport, LAJuly 29, 2017
11 years great job excellent management early retirement due to illness. A typical day fast pace always busy resolving patients problems insurance issues etc. management always available the hardest part unable to resolve ins denial in the patient favor. The most enjoyable resolving high balances ins denials in the patient favor.
Great Employer
RN Charge Nurse (Current Employee) –  Shreveport, LAJuly 28, 2017
This health system is constantly growing and expanding. This health system is not-for-profit and is CONSTANTLY investing into the community, great place to work and feel appreciated.
Good work place
Environmental Services (Current Employee) –  Shreveport, LAJune 29, 2017
I enjoy working there fun people and u meet new people every day.My co-working help me out alot and i also learn new things everyday.The. 333 33 CX. s33333 3 3
Great to all employees
Credentialing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Shreveport, LAJune 12, 2017
Willis-Knighton is a leader in the health industry. They are very good to their employees. They provide the best patient care, from the physicians affiliated with Willis-Knighton and the hospital as well.
i really enjoy my job
Medical coder (Former Employee) –  Shreveport, LAFebruary 27, 2017
a typical day was doing medical coding clinics for the day, then doing medical coding labs for that day, then maxi facials, urology, and audiology, breast center,
Pros
30 mn lunch
Cons
only getting a 1 15 mn break
patient care
Admissions Representative (Former Employee) –  Bossier City, LASeptember 6, 2016
I love this facility patient care is awesome. Great learning experience, potential is noticeable and pursuing a career further than I imagined this facility inspired me to get my degree, and I will be done this fall.
Great place to work, stable turnover.
Manager Environmental Services (Current Employee) –  Shreveport, LAJune 14, 2016
This is a great health system. It fosters a strong feeling of family with its employees. It continues to grow and improve in what it offers to its patients and community.
Pros
Loyalty, Safe
Cons
Not a lot of room to advance
I enjoyed working at WKP
LEAD RRT (Former Employee) –  Shreveport, LAFebruary 6, 2016
I worked at WK for over 21 years and loved my job. Some employees would leave and think the grass is greener on the other side but they always would come back. It was nice to know that WK was stable during this unstable healthcare industry. Also, the Health Insurance was the best!
Nothing to say
Network Manager (Former Employee) –  Shreveport, LANovember 6, 2015
Pros

You get opportunity to go out and learn a Lil about different jobs and how to them they keep y I working and the better worker you are the more jobs you get r get to stay on

Cons

They have a strict policy that you have to follow and with such short notice if something comes up you hv to make a difficult decision plus it's hard to get hired on and you can go a week without work

Advice to Management

You know if somebody gets in a fight at least suspend them first with like punishment of no jobs for 2 weeks don't just take somebody who trying and works hard and get rid of them
Great employer
Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Shreveport, LAOctober 13, 2015
wonderful place to work. great benefits, health, vision, and dental. great pay. great schedule. supervisors helpful. learned a lot about customer/patient service.
Exremely good non profit organization.
RRT,NPS (Current Employee) –  Shreveport, LAJune 14, 2015
Health system is largest in Louisiana and provides much needed services to the surrounding population. Health system enjoys the privilege of having one CEO for the past fifty years. This allows for clear, consistent and effective leadership of the organization. Employees enjoy a full menu of benefits and opportunities for assistance in continuing education.
Pros
Offer a wide range of health care services
Cons
No competition for salaries