Willis-Knighton Health System Employee Reviews

Very fast paced
pacer/ receptionists (Former Employee) –  Shreveport, LAJanuary 30, 2019
Very quick kept me sharp on and on my toes. There are a lot of learning opportunities. Good doctors to work with. Willing to help teach and encourages
Pros
Learned alot
Cons
no assitance when bogged down
Licensed Master's Social Worker (Current Employee) –  Shreveport, LADecember 6, 2018
Fast pace environment. Great benefits. Good people to work with but communication could be better between interdisciplinary staff. No real room for advancement.
Very poor management
Driver (Former Employee) –  Shreveport, LAOctober 29, 2018
Terrible management, no professionalism, no structure, I was over worked everyday mangers did nothing to those who didn't pull their weight, employees bring weapons and threaten other employees and nothing gets done about it. Best part about Willis Knighton are the benefits. Stay to yourself try to avoid the cliques because they turn on you.
Benefits
Cons
Productive workplace making sure the work is taking care of every day.
Supervisor/Team Leader (Current Employee) –  Shreveport, LASeptember 23, 2018
I enjoy my day at work , the people there are very friendly who i work with and i just try to have a great day no matter how things turn out. The hardest part is trying to calm a mad customer down but I manage to take care of it.
bad place to work
Environmental Technician (Former Employee) –  Shreveport, LASeptember 12, 2018
the first year on the job were fine, somewhere down the line things got complicated with wanting to advance on the job- as I desired. Later on the company could not decide whether t hey were going to hire their own, or go through contact.Got to the point that I did not enjoy coming to work, did not like my pay, and the work environment was not nice anymore.
Pros
love the food and some the co- workers
Cons
benefits not as good as my current empolyment
Great Place to work
FLEET MANAGER (Current Employee) –  Shreveport, LAAugust 31, 2018
Willis Knighton is a great place to work. Days can be challenging and different so not doing the same thing day in and day out. Staff is very friendly and there seems to be an attitude of teamwork.
Job is okay
LPN (Former Employee) –  Shreveport, LAAugust 29, 2018
The hospital as a whole to work for is okay. Once it gets to certain clinics or floors people for cliques and if you aren't in it then you better watch out for your job because people will throw you under the bus in a heartbeat
Fun environment with the right office
Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Shreveport, LAAugust 4, 2018
WK is a hit or miss establishment. As a paser there, once you find the right office you need to stick to it. The environment of WK is great but the pay is low for the job duties that are done.

The best thing about working here are the benefits. One of the best around.
Pros
Great working environment
Cons
Low pay for work performed
I enjoy my job
LPN (Licensed Practical Nurse) (Current Employee) –  Bossier City, LAJuly 14, 2018
I still contiue to enjoy my job daily. I do not hate waking up everyday and going to work. The day I no longer love being a nurse is the day i retire.
Under stimulated. Archaic ideas and equipment. Poor management.
Exercise Specialist (Former Employee) –  Shreveport, LAJune 17, 2018
Great place for beginner's experience. No way to advance. Not even on the spectrum for pay for exercise specialists. Good ol boy system. The members were the best part. Coworkers were helpful and like family, depending on location.
Very productive work
Patient Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Shreveport, LAMay 14, 2018
The Hospital is ok, but to me we was over worked, If you are new , you are the first to get cancelled.The work load was heavy, some of the staff was friendly and some wasn't. No team work , I was disappointed because Im a team player. Working together makes it easier on everyone.
workplace...
Denial Coordinator for Medicaid Claims (Current Employee) –  Bossier City, LAApril 12, 2018
Love what I do and where I work. I learn something new everyday, and I am more of a team lead. Everyone comes to me for billing issues or just to ask a question concerning a payment or non payment for a claim.
Learning experience, fast paced, different environments daily
Nurse Aide (Former Employee) –  Bossier City, LAMarch 31, 2018
Great place to work. Teaching hospital. Enjoyed working with different people every day. Learning new procedures and being apart of someone healing process.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
Teamwork
A great place to work
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Shreveport, LAFebruary 28, 2018
A great place to learn or to hire in out of school. Training included 6 weeks with a preceptor and weekly evaluations. The hours are long because their are only 12 hour shifts mostly for bedside care of patients.
Pros
training is avaiable
Cons
pay is low compared to other hospitals in area
Contractor (Former Employee) –  Shreveport, LAFebruary 12, 2018
Felt comfortable. Preparation for Upgrades were intense. But Go Lives went well due to the preparation, On site support was always welcomed by the clinical staff and providers.
Pros
Monthly Birthdays celebrated
Cons
No Breaks, short lunch
learning environment
Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Bossier City, LAFebruary 1, 2018
there are many opportunities to try different areas of the work place, office politics are common. The float pool is an option that is less stressful for the line of work I do
work
Medical Records Clerk (Current Employee) –  Bossier City, LADecember 16, 2017
Everything about job is lovely is but it is not my career field. The hardest thing about the job is lack of help wen needed with alot of workers are around.
Pros
Good job
Cons
Alot of work that not in my job descritpion.
It's a good place to establish career experience
Former employee (Former Employee) –  Shreveport, LANovember 28, 2017
I learned quite a bit while at Willis-Knighton, but I don't miss the job now that I'm gone. Things always moved quickly at Willis-Knighton, but oftentimes that meant pushing back project deadlines and prioritizing projects. In the beginning, once my role was established within my department, I had several people assigned to me to train me and I had to learn quite a bit in a very short time. I became an expert in these skills, but once I learned what I needed to for my position, I wasn't given much opportunity to learn after that point. During my employment, the department structure was changed several times, causing problems within the department. I reached out to management for more opportunities and/or job enrichment (such as assisting overworked coworkers with their projects), but nothing ever came of this opportunity. I eventually found myself working on the same monotonous tasks/projects. I spoke with several supervisors about the issues I experienced during my employment at Willis-Knighton, but nothing ever came from voicing my concerns/issues.
Pros
Good Health Benefits
Cons
Little Opportunity, Little Time Off, Poor Management
Productive workplace
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Shreveport, LANovember 15, 2017
Great place to work, awesome people, and endless growth opportunities. As long as you're willing to do your job you will be treated right and compensated very well.
Working at WKHS
Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Shreveport, LAOctober 9, 2017
Throughout my years at WKHS, I was trained in various technological and client relations that will help me pursue my future endeavors. On the other hand, job security is unknown due to the lack of communication to employees, and regardless of loyalty to the company, it is not guaranteed.