Willis Towers Watson Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Great Workplace
Benefits Specialist (Former Employee) –  Bloomington, MNMay 17, 2018
Great Workplace, Great People

They always encouraged advancement, just have to be willing to do the job without the pay for awhile and prove yourself. If you have a large client or during open enrollment period you have limited work/live balance but it's usually only for a couple months. There is a lot of great banding together to get the job done during busy times.
Decent place to work
Executive Assistant (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMay 15, 2018
I learned immensely from my direct managers and was able to prove my ability to own projects from inception to completion. I left there with a newfound confidence and appreciation for hard work.
Benefit Advisor
Licensed Benefit Advisor (Former Employee) –  Richardson, TXMay 15, 2018
It was a good job to get my start in the medicare market. I learned a lot, but because the company change hand it was not a good place to start a career path.
Pros
free insurance license
Cons
no career path
Work Environment
Pension Analyst Coop (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAMay 14, 2018
Quiet office, everyone focused on individual work. A lot of people work from home, hence interactions are very limited. However, everyone was nice and friendly.
Great work environment
Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Burlington, VTMay 12, 2018
I had a great experience at the VT office. We went through two acquisitions and they kept their promises to the employees. I loved working with the team and everything was about the customer and our employees. Great experience!
Pros
Great collaboration with the team and management
Cons
They don't care about their Employees
Actuarial Analyst (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNMay 11, 2018
You are not compensated appropriately. You are expected to work over 40 hrs even though you aren't paid enough to. Great experience but would never work there again.
Pros
Great Benefits, and PTO
Cons
horrible compensation.
Bring in younger employees
Marketing Coordinator (Current Employee) –  White Plains, NYMay 2, 2018
The depts. I work in are made up of mostly older employees, but WTW could definitely use the input and energy that younger people bring. The insurance industry needs a facelift.
Pros
Good pay & benefits
Cons
Unspoken, expected overtime
Stressful Work Environment and hard to advance in career
PENSION SPECIALIST (Current Employee) –  Denver, COMay 1, 2018
Some of the people are really great to work with, but as soon as you mention that you want to grow it is as though you are being sabotaged for that desire. In order to move up, you have to know the right people and be willing to work overtime even though they promote having a healthy work life balance, which is false.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
Demand lots of Overtime
My Story
GSS, Senior Benefits Consultant (Current Employee) –  New York, NYMay 1, 2018
I currently work at Willis Towers Watson and am a Lead Benefits Consultant and Project Manager in several projects assisting multinational companies develop global/cross-border solutions that meet the needs of both local and headquarter management in the design, establishment, financing, operation, oversight and monitoring of their compensation and benefits programs. I order to do this I work closely with Wills Towers Watson local offices in other geographies, as well as subject matter experts in other segments.

Within the 6 years of being a part of the Global Services & Solutions team at Willis Towers Watson, I have been promoted three times, from Junior Analyst to Senior Analyst to Benefits Consultant and now Senior Benefits Consultant. My career here, thus far, has allowed me to becoming a great Project Manager.
Pros
I have daily interactions with different groups of people, around the world.
Cons
My compensation.
Exciting and Interesting place to work
Call Center & Onsite Enrollment Counselor (Current Employee) –  Nashville, TN 37214April 29, 2018
On this position you travel a lot across the United States. I have been to a number of cities I have never been to before. Interacting with companies on a day to day basis was a very educational experience. I also got to meet a lot of difference people. the job itself was satisfying because I got to advise and help employees with their company benefits.
Pros
Travel, working with difference people and companies
Cons
Position does not last year round.
Great Place
Service Center (Current Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAApril 26, 2018
Great place to work. Friendly employees. Managers actually manage. Laid back yet professional atmosphere. Atmosphere is centered around team work. A lot of room for growth.
Cons
Pay scale and incentives.
I'm on a good team, but the overall company culture is not great
Consultant (Current Employee) –  New York, NYApril 22, 2018
I have a great manager and very good prospects for advancement, and I like my work. But as a whole, the company culture is hierarchical and upper management seems to look down upon lower level workers. I don't feel a great sense of community at the organization level. Salaries fair but not above average, benefits are below average.
N/a
Senior Customer Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAApril 20, 2018
Not interested in providing feedback. I am no longer working for this company as management decided to reduced cost by outsourcing most of the production team in the US.
review
Client Service Specialist (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLApril 12, 2018
Great Work place. company has strong values and goals. great employees who are willing to assist and share their own knowledge on the matter. you learn a lot.
Great place
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Clayton, MOApril 12, 2018
I enjoyed working at Towers for almost 2 years. Ended up leaving for health reasons. Collaborative team environment, but the pace is generally rush to calm, rush to calm...lots of benefits to working there, though.
Hard Worker
Service Center Manager (Current Employee) –  Dallas-Fort Worth, TXApril 11, 2018
Working at WTW has been extremely rewarding throughout my time with the company, which I happily work for. In the 6 year period I've been with WTW, I've worked hard and gotten promotions nearly every year, with potential for very generous bonus payouts and yearly merit increases. The most enjoyable part of my job is working to assist our partners, participants and clients in achieving the goals we set, and by doing so ensure the firm maintains long lasting and fruitful partnerships for years to come.
Towers Watson
Third Party Benefits Administrator (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAApril 7, 2018
Third party benefits administrator that brought my class on board with a promise of a 40 hour work week & then the last day of training told us it would only be 32.
Temporary Jobs
Operations Administrator (Current Employee) –  South Jordan, UTApril 4, 2018
This company offers good salarys, but there are limited Full time jobs, the rest are temporary and there is no job security, with that no benefits. I would recommend it if your only looking for a temporary job.
Pros
Good Salary
Cons
No Job security, temporary jobs
Manager had to take harassment classes
Special Purpose Entity Accountant (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAApril 3, 2018
Had a manager that was required to take management harassment classes by his boss. He was always on Facebook and was a micro-manager. It ended up being I was basically managing the department myself since no one wanted to approach him. Also he blocked three promotions for me because his answer was he did not want to loose a good employee. The last one I found out about the day I handed in my resignation.
Your typical call center.
Benefits Administration Specialist (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAApril 3, 2018
High volume of inbound calls, but you are adequately trained on each client you service. If you work hard, you can advance if you show interest in it.
Pros
Relaxed Casual Dress Code
Cons
Call Center

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Willis Towers Watson. Our community is ready to answer.

Diversity score

62out of 100

The Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at Willis Towers Watson.

Powered by Comparably