Willis Towers Watson

Willis Towers Watson Employee Reviews

United States1,069 reviews

Found 1,069 reviews matching the searchSee all 1,524 reviews

Competitive Environment

Temps had a competitive work environment. Felt led on at times about the opportunities available for those of us in temporary positions, unfortunately.

Competitive and No Work-Life Balance

They expect you to work like a dog even for an internship. If you don’t, you don’t get a return offer because there will always be people who would work like a dog with nonstop.

Willis Towers Watson insights

What people like
  • Ability to meet personal goals
  • Ability to learn new things
  • Time and location flexibility
Areas for improvement
  • Sense of belonging
  • General feeling of work happiness
  • Overall satisfaction

High Turnover for Certain Roles

This was my first real job out of college. The client based work means billable hours, which are terribly managed on a company-wide scale. The tasks themselves are repetitive, easy, and menial, and management stresses meeting the billable hours goal while being as efficient as possible (i.e. as many tasks as you can get done per hour). Without proper compensation for working harder or a greater sense of a "bigger than me" goal, there was little motivation to actually work harder. All of this is fine for WTW as my position was contract-to-hire and easily can be worked for 4-6 months before they find someone new. Additionally, there was terrible lack of response to the work from home period during the pandemic, as I felt isolated and bored doing the work. I don't recommend this job.

Pros

A good stepping stone if you need to do something before getting another job.

Cons

Micro managing, bad culture, lack of flexibility.

Horrible micromanaging and rude clients

This job is terrible, you are underpaid for the work you are doing and have to deal with rude people all day, You are micromanaged to the core. Do not recommend this job to anyone unless you want to be stressed every day of your life not being able to even sip water or go to the bathroom without being asked why you are doing so.

Just OK

Stagnant career if you get tagged to the wrong boss. People can do the same role for 10 year. Inconsistent pay among legacy organizations leading to lack of fairness since salary data leaks quite often.

Pros

Workplace flexibility

Cons

Inconsistent leadership

If you’re not accepted to the prescribed clique - you won’t last long at this company.

If interested in obtaining Life & Health licensure - this is the place for paid training & sponsorship. I do not recommend sticking around much longer after that.

Team driven, opportunity to help the elders

Great workplace for all, very diverse. They show that you matter and your needed. Very people friendly. Get to assist the elderly with medical insurance as well as give back to them.

Great job

Great job great staff loved the job. The people are great the job is great. I wish it was a full time job but unfortunately it’s only seasonal. But overall great job

Productive work place

Willis towers Watson has the best employee benefits such as 401k match healthcare benefits dental benefits PTO and LTD/STD and lots of other great benefits. I was given the opportunity to come back to the company in a different position and received the same benefits with flexible hours

Micromanaged

Everything is so micro managed. They complain about everything and criticism is at all time high. Benefits are decent, if you need a fixed schedule, don't work here. They change your schedule at their congregation.

Great company and benefits including pension plan in addition to 401K

Great company and benefits including pension plan in addition to 401K. Great people and a team environment. Very flexible with remote, hybrid and in office.

Stressful

Answering Phone calls constantly throughout the day can become stressful. Although the management did a good job of trying to mitigate stress for our team.

Rude people only for their people!

They are really rude people and overall are not good people and will pick on you at your lowest! Want you to be on time but you will have to search for your paycheck endless and a lot of pointless training when overall thrown to the wolves!

Excellent Training an Licensing Support

Great training and expected compensation for achieving goals for appointments. Flexibility in schedules and work hours. Easy access to source materials and job training materials. Call Center applications were easy to navigate. Intra office support easy and accessible.

Pros

Training and state Licensing Certification Paid

Cons

Release from Agency Difficult Post Employment

Stability at the risk of being overworked

Employees in my line of business are overwhelmed and often burned out for the sake of operating lean. Management talks about taking care of self and getting time away but expectations are often unrealistic. Bottom line and client satisfaction come before employees.

great job, but they let you go without warning when season is over

same as above. i dont have anything good or bad to say except it would be nice to have a warning before the let you go. it was a great job overall, the training could have been better.

Great company, but some things run it’s course

I am currently in my 3rd year as a customer service representative, in the benefits and delivery department. The day to day job itself is easy (depending on the client you are assigned to) and there’s a lot of support. No complaints about the company at all, but the type of work is mentally draining at this point. Talking to people all day everyday about their benefits/issues weighs down on you.. especially when most of if is out of your control. WTW holds its CSRs to high professional standards. Being professional all day with a not so nice person on the other end of your headset and, not being able to be not nice back is where the stress comes from. However, I definitely would recommend the job if you are a people person and want WFH flexibility.

Pros

good company, professionalism, incentives, good management

Cons

ugly, entitled customers

Excellent Training, Wonderful Benefits, Managers are always on point!

I've been working with this company for the last month as a contractor and I have been very impressed so far with everything. Training is exceptional; you train for 3 weeks to understand the systems and overall job, the managers and supervisors are great for any questions or help you will need, and you always have a team online to help with any confusion or problems you may have on a call. I love working here, and can't wait to see where this career takes me!

Lack of proper training and lack of support.

Training new employees with people who don't know how to effectively teach anyone well, management will lie to you in order to appease their own managers.

Mentorship

The teachers/ supervisors/ coworkers are there for you. They really take their time and work with you and for you. They really care. If you're taking a hard time catching on to something, they don't make you feel stupid. If it takes a coworker to explain it to you, then that's what will be done. I love working for them.

Lost sight of values and negative workplace environment

I came in to WTW as an analyst out of college drawn in by my interviewers promise of work-life balance, interesting and fulfilling client work, and deep learning. After joining the company, it was made clear that the sole emphasis of performance was how many billables you earned. This fostered a culture of analysts being encouraged to work 60+ hour weeks, with most analysts being on 10+ clients during any given week. Working hours mirrored that of Big 4 consulting or law, with many analysts working 12+ hours. Importantly, this was NOT commensurate to pay. Pay lagged by at least 15% to other consulting jobs in a metro city. Additionally, bonuses were dismal despite the emphasis on working overtime for better performance results. The company culture was overall negative as well, with many younger talent's complaints being met with no change and lack of response from leadership. Many directors and higher in the company joked about the unfair pay, and crazy work hours. Finally, the company does not deliver on talent development and growth. There is no investment in formal training programs for talent, as well as no encouragement to explore different LOBs of the business. Within the consulting practice, analyst skill development is low and non-transferrable to other jobs given how niche the work is + given how much admin work is offloaded to analysts.

Pros

Hardworking and supportive analysts, rollover PTO

Cons

No work-life balance, unfair pay and promotions, out of touch leadership, focus on billables instead of people

Common questions about Willis Towers Watson

Answered by current and former employees at Willis Towers Watson

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Willis Towers Watson. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.4 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits

Women's ratings

3.8Fairygodboss Score

57%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

81%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Powered by  Fairygodboss