Willis Towers Watson Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
It was an exciting deal wirh them
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  GeorgiaAugust 15, 2018
It is a leading global professional services company that helps organizations improve performance through effective people, risk and financial management.
Pros
Lunch was free
Cons
Normal breaks
Love this company.
Application Data Processor (Former Employee) –  Richardson, TXAugust 14, 2018
Love talking with elder people and assisting them with enrolling into Medicare programs. Really liked how the company promoted within and cared for you in times of need.
Productive and fast pace
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Richardson, TXAugust 11, 2018
The job was great, pay was average. It is seasonal unless offered a full time position. No benefits are required when seasonal, but you can get a monthly bonus.
Productive and enjoyed working with my clients
Client manager (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, ALAugust 6, 2018
Enjoyed the people I worked with. Supervisor was good at giving time off for doctor visits and emergencies. Enjoyed working with clients help in them to assess their insurance needs. Enjoyed working with the different underwriters at the different companies getting my clients the best price for their insurance needs.
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
Healthcare
Great if comfortable
P&C Broker (Former Employee) –  Brookfield, WIAugust 5, 2018
This is a great place to work if you are comfortable in you position. While learning opportunities are plentiful, advancement can be a slower than desired.
Pros
Duties and responsibilities are well defined
Cons
Career advancement is difficult
Great Company, People Environment needs work
Operations Supervisor Level 1 (Former Employee) –  Richardson, TXAugust 5, 2018
Pros:great company benefits with opportunities for growth
Cons: upper management people skills lacking
The company overall was a pleasant experience to have in my life, medicare is a very hectic time for customers and it was the companies standards that made it a wonderful place to be.
Challenging work and a great place to learn!
Client Manager (Former Employee) –  Knoxville, TNAugust 2, 2018
Each day is different and challenging, but goes by very quickly! Management pushes you to do your best work and learn as much as possible.

The work can be stressful, as brokers are the liaisons between the client and carriers. Several times you are waiting on information from one or the other and getting pressured from the other side.
Fast paced environment
Benefits Specialist (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAAugust 2, 2018
Help people sign up for the medical benefits through the employer. When a company had a open time for signing up for benefits it would be very very busy.
Pros
The schedule was basically planned by you
Cons
choice of hour lunches, casual dress
Employee relations
Operations Supervisor Level (Former Employee) –  250 E Arapaho Dr Richardson TxAugust 2, 2018
I enjoyed the people I worked with. It was a friendly and fun atmosphere, and I actually enjoyed going to work each morning.I felt the leadership team was great as well. They knew all of their employees on a first name basis and tried to make those personal connections
Pros
Atmosphere
Cons
Limited Advancement
All Numbers and dispensable.
Benefits Specialist (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAJuly 30, 2018
This job had a lot of self developing tools that got me ready for other future endeavors. There were a lot of computer based training programs that will be useful in future employment. I worked here through a temp agency. The majority of the representatives were employed through temporary agencies. Some had been there over a year with no paid holidays or vacations. No incentives.
Pros
Free soda in the break room and lots of potlucks!
Cons
No incentives, nothing that motivates you too keep coming to work. Your just a number. Your dispensable
Departmental Siloing at it's finest
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Richardson, TXJuly 30, 2018
As far as day to day work goes this place is mildly tolerable. But there is zero communication between departments.

When you get to the segment level no one is interested in learning or harmonizing in any way. I will be surprised if it survives in it's current form for very much longer.

There are some fantastic people working here, but the majority of the recruits turn out to be highly undesirable.
Pros
Cutting edge tech, easy inbound calls
Cons
Lack of effective communication
Fun and secure work place.
Benefit Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAJuly 26, 2018
I’ve been with WTW for over a year. I learned more about health and welfare benefits as well as COBRA. The management is great and make sure the help you when needed. The hardest part of my job is handling death calls. I love when I can help people and give good news.
Great training. It's very hard to get full-time employment.
Insurance Agent/Client Services (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTJuly 24, 2018
Getting full-time status is very hard. Temporary employees do not qualify for most benefits. There are many employees that have worked for several years that have not been given full time status.
There is a monthly bonus structure, but they do what they can to take all or a portion of it away.
During the Medicare Season they provide lunches quite often. Their training, programming and systems are probably the best in the industry. Most people are let go after the Medicare Season is over
A Mixed Bag of emotions
Enrollment Reconciliation Specialist (Current Employee) –  Richardson, TXJuly 24, 2018
The company as a whole is great. The mergers really flipped the place upside down and for a moment things were very confusing and work atmosphere was bleak. Now, after a few months things are turning around. More opportunities are coming in for full time permanent placement and work-from-home opportunities as well.
Demanding and Rewarding. Highest caliber professionals
Actuary (Former Employee) –  Newton, MAJuly 19, 2018
Excellent training, collaborative environment. strong advancement potential, culturally diverse; strong total compensation package. need to be willing to work long hours and put interests of client, associates, and company first.
Constant Change
Associate (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAJuly 16, 2018
Worked at WTW for three and a half years. I appreciate that I've been given the opportunity to take on new roles as I worked my way up from processing client tasks. You do gain learning experience from working with well known clients and learning from talented team members (depending on the team you are assigned to...). I can say I was able to obtain accomplishments from handling high volume, detailed client projects from start to finish. However, the workload can be VERY stressful during open enrollment, with little to no work life balance for the last few months of the year. Since the merger, the reporting structure of the client teams has obviously changed, and reporting to a new "manager" in a different state I find takes out the personal relations of developing your role or "career path", especially if they don't work with you directly often or interact hands on with a specific client project. I think this also divided the culture within the office. Regarding pay, I've also taken on considerable responsibility with a level change, and not even a shift in my pay range - not cool.
Although with the new "career path" being rolled out, I feel opportunities for real advancement to other advanced roles are limiting, unless you actually put yourself out there and prove your credibility to the higher ups, and even if you get promoted, if you can't deliver then why bother. The culture has a slight air of competition that may not be immediately apparent, but you do need to find ways to improve in order to move up either by taking on new tasks or roles. If you can't
  more... grow a backbone and survive this type of environment, I suggest you look elsewhere.
But most of the people are friendly and helpful, (depending on the team you are assigned to...) I've been fortunate to work with some really smart individuals.
Pros
Industry Experience to add to resume
Cons
Low Pay
Great Company.
IT Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAJuly 16, 2018
My experience at Willis Towers Watson was career changing.

I was given a lot of responsibility initially and the challenge made me
an overall better IT professional.
Pros
Diverse and Challenging Technical Environment
Work place
Operation Manager (Former Employee) –  Mount Laurel, NJJuly 12, 2018
I think Towers Watson was a great place to work. the work place was face but we has chill. Every week we had performance reviews to see where we land as the manager we are able to pull through as on of the best teams for the enrollment Medicare season
Good people, bad compensation
Actuarial Analyst (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXJuly 6, 2018
First, let me start with the people are great. They are friendly and encourage a good office environment. The health benefits are good as well.

However, there are high expectations to work 50+ hours but don't expect the pay to compensate for it. I make less than teachers in Dallas. If you can't find another job it fills the spot until you can find better. You are replaceable in this office and can easily see that.

Also don't let them fool you to think they will help with exams. They stopped caring. You are on your own. Its like they try to keep you from studying by expecting long hours so you can't study and move to other companies.

If you are in need of a job especially right out of college apply here. Just also try to keep looking for better opportunities.
Pros
Health benefits, people
Cons
Long days, horrible pay
Corrupted Management
Benefit Advisor - Operations (Former Employee) –  Richardson, TXJuly 5, 2018
Management are very unfair to employees regarding performance evaluations with totalitarian approach to employees who they do not like on a personal level. This is specially from management with racist attitude to someone with a different race. I do not trust any of the management making any fair and just decisions as to retain employees whom they claim are exemplary.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Willis Towers Watson. Our community is ready to answer.

Women's ratings

3.7Fairygodboss Score

70%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

90%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Powered by Fairygodboss