Willis Towers Watson Employee Reviews

Willis Towers Watson
SVP, Florida Human Capital Practice Leader (Former Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLOctober 15, 2018
I left Willis following the merger with Towers Watson. The company was going through major changes at that time. Culturally, the company was undergoing a major transition following the merger.
I loved it
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Mount Laurel, NJ 08054October 12, 2018
It was a nice place to work, however there was absolutely no job security and one day they basically laid everyone off after lying to us about it. Work wasnt too bad and training was nice. I would go back if I could.
N/a
Business Analyst (Current Employee) –  Ann Arbor, MIOctober 9, 2018
The company is great to work for. This is due to the flexibility the company allows for associates with conflicting schedules. I would recommend this company to people who are looking to have a decent work experience.
Willis Towers Watson
Client Lead / Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Bloomington, MNOctober 8, 2018
The company hires all employees through staffing agencies. Pay is considered competitive within the industry, but not for the metro area. Only pay increases are through advancement within the company. High turnover lack of pay increase and the company's dependence on staffing agencies.
Laid back, but busy
Intern (Current Employee) –  Denver, COOctober 1, 2018
The Denver office has a great team mentality, with a lot of laid back very bright individuals. The pace is high but the stress is usually kept pretty low through encouraging management and flexibility, so long as the work is getting done.
Productive and fulfilling
LICENSED BENEFITS SPECIALIST (Current Employee) –  Richardson, TXSeptember 30, 2018
I enjoy helping people and feeling I've made a difference in there life. I receive inbound phone calls form retirees looking to select an insurance product to correspond with their medicare insurance. Most of the people I talked to have been on group plans for most of there lives and are very intimidated by the process. I feel a since of pride after I have helped someone and put there mind at ease and it it is a very satisfying feeling when you help someone make a difficult choice.
Pros
Friendly work environment and free coffee and tea and ice
Cons
Parking, pay and not feeling appreciated
LEARNING AND DEVELOPMENT SUPPORT SPECIALIST (Current Employee) –  Bloomington, MNSeptember 27, 2018
Great company to work for. Good benefits and outstanding people. Flexible hours and work schedules are available. Work from home options also exist as needed.
Since the Puerto Rico office is small, not all the benefits offered in the US are offered in Puerto Rco.
HEALTH AND BENEFITS ANALYST (Current Employee) –  San Juan, PRSeptember 26, 2018
Healthcare plan doesn't compare to the market plan. No retirement plan offered. It is an excellent company to work for with global presence and over 30,000 employees. Proud to work in this company.
Pros
Excellent working culture and company resources
Cons
More resources should be made available to small office outside the continental US
core values are not followed nor enforced
Operations Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Richardson, TXSeptember 25, 2018
Morale is low, no recognition for outstanding work., This is a call center environment. workplace culture is not about the employees,. Management is not turned in to what the employees think or fill.
Pros
like to feed you
Cons
no flexibility
Customer Service
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Richardson, TXSeptember 19, 2018
Willis Towers Watson has the potential to be a great work environment. Needs more consistence in following guidelines and protocol. Expectations are set while undergoing training but not implemented or enforced on the floor.
Productive and great learning environment.
Supervisor , Operations enrollme t. (Former Employee) –  Richardson, TXSeptember 17, 2018
It is a call center and during the open enrollment season, the phone rings constantly. Constantly moving desks. We didn't have enough Town Hall meetings with upper management. Initially, standards for hiring were almost non-existent. But this was tightened up. I was there for just about 5 years. Not being able to advance was my biggest concern.
Pros
good people to work with
Cons
lack of advancment opportunities
Nice Company to work for
Client Service Specialist (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLSeptember 14, 2018
Loved working for Willis Towers Watson. The company has a great work/life balance. decent benefit packages with multiple options. The pay scale is a little low for the work load placed on an individual and slightly under with surrounding competition. However I would return to work for Willis Towers Watson should I live in a location they have a facility again.
Fast paced and fun
Assisting FedEx (Former Employee) –  CaliforniaSeptember 13, 2018
Very good environment to work in but can be stressful if you are not used to a fast paced work environment. A lot of possibility to grow within the company. Typical day at work is taking about 5-15 calls a day depending on the client.
Educational Opportunities, but a grind.
Supervisor - Health and Welfare Benefit Specialist (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CASeptember 12, 2018
I started at Willis Towers Watson out of college and found it to be a great environment for a young professional looking for experience. In addition to basic professional skills I had the unique opportunity to learn about Health and Welfare benefits and retirement plans. These skills have been essential to my life and providing advice to my family and friends.

Willis Towers Watson does have some generous time off benefits, having said that taking time off is almost impossible. The call center is consistently understaffed and if you're hired on as associate you're essential. The culture does not support a work life balance and there is no competitive compensation. Having been prompted twice and received no compensation change I have been advised there will no longer be compensation changes, only lateral moves. In my opinion this makes Willis Towers Watson a undesirable company.
Pros
Generous time off, education opportunities, fast paced environment.
Cons
Medical benefits are not cost effective, low compensation, no growth opportunities.
Excellent opportunities for growth. International well respected Company
Client Manager (Former Employee) –  Lake Mary, FLSeptember 11, 2018
Willis offered excellent training. The Company culture is one of professionalism and Corporate growth. They use top of the line programs and equipment in their offices. The intranet has multiple excellent resources for information.
Pros
Interesting, work with large corporations, travel
Cons
Work/Stress load. Office success based solely on sales.
Excellent Work Life Balance, Little Room for Advancement
Analyst (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PASeptember 5, 2018
Because the company wants to reduce it's overhead in terms of real estate, employees get to work from home. This is a major benefit for most of the employees and managers especially those who's commute is longer than an hour by train. WTW does a great job of providing information and training to help employees succeed in their current roles but there is slim to no support for those employees who have demonstrated abilities that would qualify them for advancement. Managers have purposely held employees back from seeking roles within the company for personal reasons. Not much room or support for advancement.
Pros
Tele-commute, Flexibility, Pension Plan, Benefits
Cons
Micromanaging, Poor Communication, Lack of career support or advancement
Great place with higher quality enrollers
Benefit Couselor (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILSeptember 5, 2018
Much more professional and advanced compared to other firms I've worked for. Take real good care of agents that produce and boot ones that don't....but only after retraining hasn't worked. Seems to be in transition but has a lot to offer.
Pros
Flex time, options, good rep
Cons
little mngt communication, turnover of top folks.
Productive fun work place
Application Data Processor (Current Employee) –  South Jordan, UTSeptember 4, 2018
I like working here, but it's a temporary position, I would like a permanent position, I'm very reliable, work well with the public and learn quickly.
Absolutely terrible place to work espevially call center as it is run by terrible peoplr
Call Center Representative (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CASeptember 2, 2018
Call center is SD is badly run Pay is too low and call volume very high. Center is poorly run and soo muckh office politics. There needs to be better leadership in place and more resources for employees. Culture is toxic.
Pros
Cons
Toxic workplace politics short breaks and no diversity
only for AEP
Insurance Agent (Former Employee) –  Moorestown, NJAugust 31, 2018
Seasonal job for medicare season. 100% Phone contact with customers from selected companies that are switching their health benefits for retirees to the open medicare markets. Many of the companies did offer funds for their retirees to make the transition.
Pros
free drinks
Cons
on a time clock

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Willis Towers Watson. Our community is ready to answer.

Diversity score

62out of 100

The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at Willis Towers Watson.

Powered by Comparably