Willis Towers Watson Employee Reviews

Willis Towers Watson
Customer Servixe Rep (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PADecember 12, 2018
The instructor were great. they had patience and the greatest training skills. They were always ready to answer your questions and aided in where to find the answers. The work place was very relaxed and I got to work with some very nuce people. Management was there when you needed them.
Pros
Great managers and team leads
Cons
The way we were dissmissed.
Ok
CSR - Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PADecember 8, 2018
I actually liked working here. However, the management here are non social people which makes it hard for a person such as myself. I did enjoy most of the staff here and worked with a lot of very good people. If you are a temp do not make paycheck plans as you can be let go at a drop of a dime. My advice .... don't talk to people.
Pros
Nice environment
Cons
Not a fair length of time for temp position
Never seen a company culture like this - crazy
Rather not say (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNDecember 5, 2018
WTW is two multi-billion dollar companies that merged in 2016 - except they didn't. Almost three years later, there's still the Willis way, and the Towers Watson way (there are actually more, as other companies have also be acquired, but everyone seems to run their own show here). That's a complete testament to this company's culture. There is NO camaraderie, no compromise, no positive input. No matter how hard you work, you are guaranteed to get beat up the next day, usually because someone sent an email to an upper management echelon, and then the beatings commenced all the way down the food chain. Don't worry about an explanation. Management will ask for one, but what they're really looking for is a scape goat. It's all about the BLAME game at WTW. By far the worst company I've ever worked for. I had no idea a multi-billion dollar company could be run this poorly. Stay away, unless your ego and confidence are ripe for a good bruising.
Pros
It's hard to come up with one, but I guess benefits are pretty good
Cons
EVERYTHING else. I have no doubt this company's horrible culture goes all the way to the top, as I've worked with many areas of the business and didn't find a single one I enjoyed working with.
fantastic company
Latin America Regional FP&A Head (Current Employee) –  Brazil, INDecember 5, 2018
Fantastic company. WTW is a place with high level employees and with an incredible culture of respect, meritocracy and great principles.
I strongly recommend to anyone who wants to learn ad grow.
Pros
principles, culture and respect
Cons
none - may the merger that took to long time to address some decisions
great place to work
CSR/ Funding Operations Specialist (Former Employee) –  Richardson, TXDecember 3, 2018
great place to work. job can be a bit stressful dealing with retirees but the environment of the call enter itself was worth it. also slightly stressful as its labeled seasonal and most people are EOA'd at the end of open enrolment, fun activities, team building, luncheons, pay raises, tangible incentives ( I won a tablet once) monthly bonuses based on metrics. overall a good company to work, this was my first call center job and I lasted 3 years straight through. never EOA'd and made it to a permanent position.
Pros
free lunches, incentives
Cons
30 minute lunch
VIA Benefits
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  South Jordan, UTNovember 27, 2018
It was a good job after high school. I learned a lot about customer service and computer skills. I became more comfortable talking to new people. It's an easy company to advance in and get better at your job.
Operations Solutions Team Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCNovember 17, 2018
I've greatly enjoyed my experience at Willis Towers Watson, I enjoy my direct management structure. I feel they can be behind on pay if you move to a more challenging role.
Pros
Pension
Cons
Pay
People steal your lunch, bed bug issues that company tries to hide
Customer Service Specialist (Current Employee) –  Tempe, AZNovember 16, 2018
A typical day here is not that bad it's mainly phone calls that do not have a call handle time. Given that we only receive 10 minutes a day to use the bathroom, it can be stressful and potentially hazardous to the health of employees. There was an ongoing issue of bed bugs, and employees reporting their lunches being stolen out of the fridge.
Pros
money
Cons
bed bugs, lunches being stolen, 10 minute alloted time for bathroom breaks -per day-
It’s amazing
Benefits Specialist (Former Employee) –  Mount Laurel, NJNovember 15, 2018
Its a great opportunity to grow from and prosper as well. Its patentionally a career builder as well. Its s diverse environment. Amazing people and great team work.
Pros
The pay is great and the workers are awesome
Cons
Its temporary only for annual enrollment
Done
Agent / Supervisor/ Benefit Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Richardson, TXNovember 12, 2018
Too many micro clicks in the management rank,. HR ran unchecked unsupervised. The Then HR director was allowed to seek revenge on any one that complined about anything, her boyfriend (not her Husband ) work under her and was protected no matter what violation occured. Employees were terminated to protect his infractions
It was a fun job
Hybrid Agent (Current Employee) –  Tempe, AZNovember 10, 2018
This was my first job. It is good to learn customer service skills and how to talk to people. I moved out of state and had to quit my job. I enjoyed it there....
Fast-paced, high pressure work environment
Director, Corporate Communications (Former Employee) –  Stamford, CTNovember 5, 2018
In all fairness, I left Towers Watson before it became Willis Towers Watson, so I have not experienced work/life since the company was bought by English-based Willis. It may be a very different company today.
Pros
Very flexible working situation
Cons
Intensely pressured work environment.
Fun and professional
Application Data Processor (Current Employee) –  Richardson, TXNovember 5, 2018
A typical day is speaking with customers all day reading disclaimers verbatim. As, an Application Data Processor. I enter information regarding applications for our customers. I answer questions, if unable to assist customer conference in with the right department to make the customer feel comfortable, in most cases I stay on the line to assist.

What I have learned at work is patience
Management is very helpful with feedback, coaching and ensuring that you understand the job to best of your ability
Workplace culture is always business professional
The hardest part of the job is reading all day. Your voice sometimes goes out.
The most enjoyable part of the job is the staff
Pros
Learning new things everyday. Working with people who really care
Cons
This position is only short term.
Great
CUSTOMER SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE (Current Employee) –  Richardson, TXNovember 3, 2018
It's a great job and you learn so much. But it may be a little difficult to become a permanent employee. You can be seasonal for a long time there. But it's great.
Culture has gone from ok to terrible
IT Support Associate (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXNovember 2, 2018
no advancement unless you know the right people.......... Management makes horrible decisions with no input from the people the decisions will effect.
Very complex training of supplemental Medicare insurance benefit plans
Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Richardson, TXNovember 1, 2018
It was a very challenging and rewarding inside sales position because the company focused on the quality of your consulting and not just achieving a sales quota each day.
Strong company culture. Colleagues work as one team
HR Life Cycle Administrator (Former Employee) –  Arlington, VAOctober 31, 2018
I am proud to say I worked for Willis Towers Watson for more than 10 years and am honored to still have some good friends from there. My team and I were able to provide outstanding support to the HRBPs in the North America as well as contingency global support. Everyone genuinely cared about each other personally and worked together as a team. Additionally, the tasks were personally challenging and matched my career goals. I don't really see any harder part of my work as everyone was ready to cross train peer when needed. The most enjoyable part of my job was when I was training new team member. I felt like I was contributing to someone's career and giving back what was given to me.
Flexibility and working remotely helped offset little or no pay raises and bonuses
Principal Consultant (Former Employee) –  Stamford, CTOctober 26, 2018
Generally very good co-workers with collegial, collaborative culture, but often misguided, fickle management. You better be happy with your starting salary because you're not going to move up much from there.
Pros
Working remotely
Cons
Little or no pay increases, no rhyme or reason to bonuses
Innovative
Senior Vice President - Strategic Risk Consulting (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAOctober 24, 2018
- client interaction form various industries
- provide state-of-the-art solutions with respect to risk financing of insurable exposures for mono and multi-lines of commercial insurance.
Pros
fast pace
Not the best
Associate Director (Current Employee) –  South Jordan, UTOctober 22, 2018
Not the best company to work for. Slowly getting worse and worse. The culture is combative. They are slowly weeding out all the things that made it great at first.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Willis Towers Watson. Our community is ready to answer.

Diversity score

Comparably
Diversity Score
TOP40%
In the Top 40% of similar size companies

The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at Willis Towers Watson.

Powered by Comparably